Old 01-02-2005, 10:46 AM   #16  
Warrior of Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtobehealthy
I really just popped in to say that I've posted pictures of myself from New Years Eve (Friday) in the picture thread to make up for my lack of picture in my christmas cards. Hope you guys enjoy..
I love your pictures! Your spirit shows fully and I think you're quite beautiful...
Qadira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 12:10 PM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Just checking in quickly before running to be a "showgirl" again today. We did actually get to watch Meet the Fockers yesterday. IMHO it had some funny parts, but I wasn't terribly impressed. Sorry, Barbara, Dustin and Robert!!! I thought it would be better with 3 BIG names. Oh well. There are a couple of others out there still that I would like to see: National Treasure and Flight of the Phoenix come to mind. I heard Aviator; the story of Howard Hughes was very good, but didn't see it.

Anyway, as far as "happy", sometimes I'm ok and sometimes (like this morning) I am NOT!!! I won't go into details, just use your imagination and you'll probably figure it out. Most of the time I don't even really think about being happy. I just plug along. I guess for the most part, I'm pretty happy with my life. My weight really hasn't held me back, other than for doing things where I won't fit. But I have a great husband, 2 GREAT kids, I've owned my own business for 25 years. I ran for, and won a seat on the local elected School Board. There's not much more I could ask for......well, except ONE thing.....but we're not going there.

Alright, enough of this. I got on the scale this morning and Terri, I think I got YOUR 8 pounds this past year! But I'm ready to rumble this year. Maybe this morning's disappointment will be enough to keep me focussed.

Ok, gotta run. I know I sent my "official" welcome to all of you new folks, but I forgot to do it here so.........

WELCOME to the group. We're glad to have you join us.

Off to be a "showgirl". Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 06:33 PM   #18  
I'm on my way!

Hellllooo Hellllooo! Where the heck is everyone???

Well, I did alot of laundry and cleaning today...the house is still a mess but I got the few boxes in our walk in closet cleaned out, picked up alot of toys, cleaned the clutter under the coffee table and on top of the coffee and end tables. It seems the laundry is never ending! I stripped the beds and remade them too! I'm tired!

I have to run and give the boy a bath before he falls asleep! I'll be back so come out and post so I have something to read!!

Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 06:51 PM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Hello again chickies
I stayed on plan today. No fast food no sweets.
I packed up some more of sons things to put in storage and cleane dout two of my dresser drayers that was much needed. Tomorrow I am going to mop my kitchen and vacume.

Work has been going good the last few months just hectic.

Have a good night catch everyone tomorrow.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 07:20 PM   #20  
I'm on my way!

Phew....that was a close one! I had to get the boy in the bath before he fell asleep! He kept nodding out! I had to get his dad to "torch" him to keep him awake while I ran the bath water! "Torch" - thats what Andrew says when his dad is torturing him by tickling him...daddy don't torch me or mommy daddy is torching me! So cute...my little angel!

I don't know if I mentioned it here..but he HATES the daycare center he is at...breaks my heart! He gets so anxious each night and each morning..asking if he has to go to daycare today! Pulls the old heart strings...well I was the good mommy and found him a daycare home to go to instead of the center...its an older, grandma type who watches 2 four year old boys. One is leaving this month because they are moving to Georgia. When I went to meet her I took Andrew with me and he was in heaven! He was so comfortable there and so was I! She talked to him and asked him questions and gave him milk when he asked for milk. She has a large house with a screened in back porch and a fenced in back yard. And she is less than 2 miles from our house on my way to work! Its perfect! Only thing is I have to give the center 2 weeks notice...which works out fine for us because I typed a letter I will give with our payment tomorrow and then after the second week John is on vacation and we will be going to PA and RI so when we come back wednesday he can stay home with John on thursday and friday that week and start on the 24th which is the day he goes back to school too! She will put him on and off the bus in the morning too! It couldnt' have worked out any more perfect for us. I just feel bad that he has to go to the center for 2 more weeks. Only 3 days this week because John has wed and fri off this week and probably he will have to go 4 days next week. It breaks my heart! But...whats a mom to do?? I gotta work!! Oh and whats even better about this daycare home? She is only half the price of the center...but you can bet I will pay her more each week than what she is asking for! Its worth it to me! At least my baby will be happy!

Boy did I just BABBLE OR WHAT??
Well I just had to get all that out! Makes me feel a little better!

OK where the heck is my friend GAIL? And Barbpa? How is Jeff feeling? I sure miss you guys! Tina...my heart goes out to you sweetie! Come back when you feel up to it! But make it soon..I miss you too!

So, I better get going and get us all ready for the morning. 5 a.m. comes awful quick and that hour and fifteen minutes in the morning sure does fly by when you have so much to do! I'm getting a pork roast in the crockpot tonight to put on in the morning so John and Andrew have something to eat tomorrow night before I get home. I have a hair appointment at 6:30 so I probably won't get home till 8 pm or after!

Ok Ok I'll stop babbling now! I'm gone! TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 07:57 PM   #21  

Hubby and I have been soooo busy today! We got all the Christmas stuff put away and th house back in order. Whew...feels good to have that out of the way!!!

I had a great on play day...and I am hoping for a good week and a great weigh in on Saturday!!!

GOOOD luck ladies!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:50 PM   #22  

Default New to forums

Hi! I'm new to 3fatchicks and new to messageboards. I'm happy to be here though. I am 330 lbs and am desperate to lose this weight now. I could write you a book here to tell you my weight journey from one extreme (phen phen and 190 lbs) to where I am now at 330 and unable to walk around the way I used to. Oh, I'm 36 and a single mom to 2 kids, a 15 yo boy and a 12 yo girl. So feeling the way I do is NOT an option anymore. It has to be important to me to get this off and be healthy for my kids. I think my daughter is going to sign up on the teens forums, I hope so anyway, becuase she is having a really rough time right now with the kids in school and wants to lose weight too. She doesn't have a whole lot to lose but she needs to lose some.

Anyway, hopefully I will find my way back here again tomorrow. I seem to be good at making first posts but then can never find where I posted so I never get back.

Talk to you soon!
Vicki
Vicki142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 05:38 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 290/232/144

Default I am Back

Hi all, I am back sorry that i have not been on in a while i have had so much to do lately that i did not have time to get on the puter , i miss my mornings alone -- i am going back to work today so that is a good thing i should be able to get back in gear ................ when i weighted in last week i was down 3 pounds hope it does not catch up with me this week ............ i am down a total of 65.5 pounds now and at my lowest weight 224.5 hope to catch up on the postes later
memoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:15 AM   #24  

Welcome Vicki!! I just found this thread a couple weeks ago....and I can tell you there is a great group of ladies here!!!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:36 AM   #25  
You and Me in 2003

Good Monday morning chickies
Welcome Vickie You will love it here .
Today is the second day of being back on plan. I will do this.

As I said before I am off today. I have so much I need to do The kids are coming today.

Well I better run catch you later
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:56 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Hi Hunny, I'm Home!!!

Howdy ladies I am back from Sweet Home Alabama. I have missed you all. But my time was well spent. We drove down half way on Friday. The freeway was terrible. Saw Superman. I got my picture taken between his legs. Then we drove the rest of the way on Saturday. It was great to see my family. We slept about 5 hours a night. Ran on pure adrenaline and caffeine. and now I am sicker than a dog. Two of my nephews and two of my neices and my brother were all sick. So I started feeling sick on Thursday and have been down since. And now my hubby is feeling it.
Today is back to work for me and time to get into a routine. We also have to pack and move some stuff to the new house.
We also got some sad news when we were down there, my hubbys uncle died. So it put a damper on some things but everyone was great and he was ok.
I have so much to read up and catch up on. Oh my goodness you girls have been busy since I was gone. So I will try to read some later this evening and send out responses if possible. I have like six threads to read I think. I noticed some new names, Welcome and I know you will enjoy it here. Well, gotta get ready for work. Haven't had to do this for a week.
Love you all, and I am glad to be back home here.
Skitt
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:57 AM   #27  
Hang In There

Checking in before I start to the club. Starting a new plan today, so I've packed lunch for both ole Alvin and me, with enough for Sis if she doesn't chicken out.

We will be officially starting our new computer system today, so I look for it to be a crazy day at work.

PS I failed miserably on the 2x3 challenge!!!

Last edited by ageoldie; 01-03-2005 at 09:02 AM.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:55 AM   #28  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!

I'm here. Just haven't found the time to post much in the past few day! I hope everyone had a very HAPPY NEW YEAR! I am doing my best to be positive about the new year. On New Year's Eve I made little signs on my computer and put them all over the house with postive sayings and New Year's wishes. Then yesterday I made a special place for myself....I cleaned up the spare bedroom, added a CD player for meditation music, a nice big candle, dim light and a new journal with lots of colorful pens. There is a sign on the door that says: "Barb's Positive Place - Quiet Please - Peaceful and Postive Thoughts in Progress - No Boys or Dogs Allowed". I liken it to my adult clubhouse. It's so restful. I am going to spend at least 20 minutes a day in there journaling and listening to meditation music. A friend of mine even gave me an IVF meditation CD. It was amazing yesterday to just walk in there and feel so serene. I'm looking forward to my daily visit to my own special place!

Jeff is still not 100% from his surgery. Still swelling and some pain. I feel so bad for him! Now, on top of that he has a stomach bug, so he's at home in bed today.

I got some bad news this morning that a very, very dear family friend passed away on New Year's Day. I just sat at my desk crying when I got the message from my mom. She was one of my mom's best friends and I can't even imagine how my mom is feeling right now. I wish I could be there with her!

A great BIG WELCOME to all the new faces! I look forward to getting to know each of you and helping support you on this journey!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting much - I really want to make more time for all my dear friends here! Hey - maybe I'll bring my laptop into my "clubhouse" and I can catch up with you while I am enjoying my peace and quiet!

Barbg - Is it me, or is the "before" and "after" backwards on your new graphic? Love it anyway!

Gotta work...

Make it a great day!!! This has been a new saying I adopted from a dear friend. He says that "Have a great day" doesn't really say anything, but that you have your own power to "Make it a great day!" It make sense to me.

xoxox,
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:32 AM   #29  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning all.
I havent been able to read here but thought I better take time to let you know I have not fallen off the face of the earth.
I've been babysitting a lot... the funeral is tomorrow ... so hopefully I will be back as a reguar on Wednesday. Miss you all.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:40 AM   #30  
Warrior of Grace

Good Morning Everybody! This is the real beginning of the year, right? When we all get back to work and back to life after the holidays...

Welcome Vicki! I'm new too, and I weigh about the same as you. I started my program Dec 6th (well earlier actually, but that's the first time I had the nerve to weigh myself) and as of this morning, I've lost 21 lbs! It's just pouring off because I had my metabolism so messed up by eating twice a day instead of 5, which is what I'm doing now...

So, Woo-Hoo!

Gotta go make breakfast, then do lower body workout, then laundry... then shower, then something else, I forget... Anyway, I'll be back!

Have a great day, everyone!
Qadira is offline   Reply With Quote