Old 09-30-2004, 11:08 PM   #16  
Hang In There

Well, sorry to say that I didn't make my goal. I WILL do better for the next one. 10/15th huh???

I spent the day yesterday at the ER with my niece. We thought she was having an attact of appendicitis, but the cat scan rulled that out. They kept her overnight and let her go home this morning. They said the problem was gastric acid and the "starting" of an ulcer. Talk about stress, she is only 16!!!

Thin, I had a couple of very good weeks, as far as my health goes. I haven't had a "flare" in about 3 weeks.

DH is at the Sleep Center tonight. He went once to be tested for sleep apena,and they said he definately has it and tonight he is there getting "fitted" for his CPAP machine. His cat's not going to be happy with that!!!

I was going to be energetic tonight and put up my summer clothes and take out my winter ones, but I've sat here in my chair all night, and now I'm ready for bed!

Take care everyone
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:02 AM   #17  

Thumbs up I Lost

I am so excited!!!
I got the scale I ordered in today. It will weigh to 440 pounds and I got it shipping and all for less than $65. It took less than a week to get here and I have been really waiting for it. Anyway it was on my doorstep complete with batteries to get started and extras. We got it put together and my kids loved it to start with. They got on before me to see if it works (it talks to you). Anyway I have lost about 10 pounds. I am not sure what my exact weight was, but about 2 weeks ago it was 400 and I am down to 391.4. YEAH!!!
I do not think my nearly 13 yod is thrilled because it shows that her and her 8 yo brother weight within 1 pound of each other. I believe it because of the difference in bulk or whatever. Neither of them are fat at all, but she is actually underweight and is about 4 inches taller than him. He is all muscle. This is why he can beat her up. We are working on that LOL. My oldest daughter is not happy either because she weighs 196 pounds. We are working on it though. She will lose.
Congratulations for everyone that has lost weight. I hope to keep losing alot. Got to get it off.

Anyway everyone is probably bored over hearing about my life.
I am going to bed.

Tammy
momfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:19 AM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

HI guys. I am back.

I have soooo much I wanted to share that I know I won't remember it all. I want to start off with sharing I worked out in the pool TWICE today.
I am DETERMINED (again) to change my lifestyle and my life.
It is suppose to rain here tonight and then turn cold so I wanted to get it in while I could.
It doesn't look like I am going to be able to say I swam outside in Oct afterall. BUT... there is a lot left to this month so who knows. LOL

I am doing sooo GREAT on my food plan too.
Tonight I tried something new. I made a roast in the crockpot... and I added the normal potatos for my husband... but added cauliflower for me. It tasted great. I added other veggies too... but the cauliflower was a first for me.
I have been grilling cabbage a lot too. Oh it is sooo good.
I can't believe how many years I didn't eat veggies. They were never a priority for me. I liked my meat and potatoes and didn't need veggies to fill me up. Well... now I do. LOL
I am pleasantly surpised how much I like them now.

This next part is for everybody... but I want to direct it to Thin.

I GOT MY KITCHEN CLEAN !!!! And that is not all....
I LOST MORE WEIGHT !!!

I am telling you guys. When my house is a mess I just get soooo frustrated with myself.
I bad mouth myself. I procrastinate even more because I don't want to do it even though I hate the mess.
My house was not a total mess. It was mainly my kitchen.
I LIVE in the kitchen area. I collect clutter... I cook... I do paperwork there. The paper clutter is the worst.

WELL.... I decided I would make PROGRESS each and every day.
I felt so much better about myself.
When I feel better about myself.. I find it easier to stay on my food plan. (thus lose weight)
BUT ... When I get close to being done... for some reason I always procrastinate even more.
It is always hard for me to complete the entire cleanup.
Well.. I decided I WOULD FINISH this task. And I did !!!!
And as a result... I lost weight. Not only off my shoulders but also off my entire body.
Okay Thin... as WE said... If one of us can do it... so can the other.
(that is about the paperwork)

Barbg... My sister just was tested and has sleep apnea too. She hates her device. They gave her a different mask that goes inside your nose instead of over but she dislikes it even more. She was reading up on sleep apnea and it causes enlargement of organs. I have recently been diagnoised with an enlarged heart. I wonder if I have it too ?? But I am not willing to find out. LOL

I wish I had time to reply to everyone but I don't. I owe too many emails and PMs so I am closing for tonight. I love you all.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-01-2004 at 01:34 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 06:53 AM   #19  
a work in progress...

Default Confession is good for the soul...

Okay, first of all CONGRATULATIONS to all you losers! Great job, everyone!!! I am thrilled for all of you! Your hard work and determination has paid off! Excellent job, everyone, keep it up!

Unfortunately, I can't claim membership among you for this challenge...*sigh* but that was my own doing. As tempted as I am to wallow in self pity for a bit, and make some excuses, there is no excuse other than I did not do what it takes to lose weight. End of story. Moving on.

I found my WW pedometer this morning...gonna replace that battery and see if I can't get 10,000 steps in today!

2cute, tell me how you grill cabbage. Do you slice it thickly and just lay on the grill? Do you put anything on it? I am intrigued. I love cabbage. My sis made roasted cauliflower the other day. (did I share this? I don't remember) Broke the cauliflower up, placed on a cookie sheet, sprayed with olive oil Pam, sprinkled with seasoned salt and baked @ 400? 425? She varied it, I forget which one was better...for about 15-20 minutes. It was SO good!

Cd...Your post was SO thought provoking for me! Thank you for being so honest with your feelings. A BIG part of the reason, I'm sure, that I struggle so hard with this weight loss, is that deep down I really don't like myself because I am fat. I think of myself as a lesser person, not deserving of love, admiration, respect...if I can't love myself, why should anyone else? I must say, that in the past couple of years, I have improved dealing with these self defeating thoughts, but they are always there. It's good to see you working hard on this, at your young age. Don't wait a lifetime, like I did, to start making positive changes. Do it NOW, while you are young. Hold on to those good feelings...you are truly deserving of happiness. As are we all.

Good grief...I just got off on a tangent there, huh? Reading that over, I want to delete it, but I won't. Good to get stuff like that out on the open. I've always been one to keep these kinds of thoughts buried away, eating (ha!) away at my self esteem. I'm so glad I have a place to come to where I can share these thoughts and be understood. Thank you all!

I wanted to do replies to everyone, but now I'm out of time...this week has been crazy, with all the places that I've needed to be. Hasn't helped that dh's days off have been non-existent, so I'm the sole chauffeur to football, confirmation practice, scouts, back to school night, and a college pick up. I picked my girl up yesterday morning...she was feeling very homesick and I miss her terribly too. I had worked the night before, so I drove up there, primed with coffee, drove back and we promptly got into my bed to watch one of our favorite movies, "The Birdcage." I lasted, maybe, 45 minutes into the movie. She told me that even though I was asleep, I was still chuckling at the funny parts for a while! I love that movie!

Okay, girls...once again...I feel renewed, having cried on your shoulders. With renewed resolution, I look forward to the next challenge!

Now, I have to get my pedometer clipped on!

Have a great day!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 07:09 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy

Congratulations to all of you who lost.

Well last night was a horrible night for myself. My other rat Patches died in my arms last night. She had a respitory condition. And I think losing Hoody, just made her give up. All the stress just took it's toll on her little body. I had been giving her antibiotics for a couple of days. When I went to work yesterday morning she wasn't any better, but she didn't seem any worse. It looks like she may have had a stroke during the day. When I came home she looked horrible. I just took her out of the cage and sat with her in the chair. I pet her and talked to her and cried, and told her that it was ok to go. She got into a comfortable spot and went home. My hubby cried, I think more because I was upset and crying. He doesn't like to see me sad. I've known all along that she might not live a long life because of her illness, but that sure doesn't make it any easier. So within a week I have lost my two little babies, and gained a new one. I am trying to decide whether or not to get a second one or to let this one be on it's own.

Anyway, I had chinese food last night, cause well I wasn't cooking and wasn't cooking. He has been working major overtime. So he just doesn't feel like it when he gets home. So yes I wallowed my sorrow in General Tso's Chicken. But I really didn't eat that much. Just didn't have the appetite.

2Cute, I have sleep apnea, I didn't know about the organ enlargement though. Maybe Im not really fat, I'm just making room for my organs I sleep with a mask, it has helped a little bit but not completely.

My cousin had bladder cancer and that was back in the mid 90's she is just fine. There is so much that they can do for that now.

Well it is friday and I should be getting ready for work. Everyone have a wonderful day.

Skit
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 07:48 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Not much new since last night. Sorry I didn't get back for better replies. I have no real excuse.

I did walk the dog after my attempt at the Firm. My leg muscles kept trying to cramp up! Guess it is intensive.

October! My favorite month of all. But we all know what's at the end of this month. The start of the holiday season. And the stores are filled with tempting Halloween candy. We need to make it our goal to stay away from the candy this month. Leave it for the kids. Make a promise that you won't derail yourself by letting your immediate desire overrule your long-term plans.

2Cute - Care to share how much you lost? You teased us that you had lost and would tell later but then didn't? Unless I'm blind this morning. Congrats on your good food habits and all the swimming. Plus for getting your kitchen clean.

Kat - Thanks for being honest about falling off the wagon and for sharing your insight. You know how to do this so make it a priority! Have fun!

Barb.G - You too! I hope your neice is feeling better.

Skit - about losing your other baby.

to everyone else!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 07:58 AM   #22  

Thumbs up

BarbPA & Terri: W A R N I N G

Today's Minnesota forcast: 20 degree's with windchill tonight AND SNOW!!

This winter is already starting to look depressing!!!! Good thing I have all of those pilates tapes to watch.

Late - later
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:37 AM   #23  
Lisa

Talking

Good morning girls - I had a nice post all done and hit submit when the web site told me I wasn’t logged in so it lost the entire thing!!!!!!!!! Stupid thing is, I WAS logged in. Oh well. Here goes again . . .

Congrats to ALL who lost on this challenge!! WAY TO GO!!!

Yesterday was an okay day with food - could’ve been better, but wasn’t as bad as it has been in the past. I drank a lot of water - I know it was because I practically lived in the bathroom. I didn’t get in any exercise though, unless you want to count playing with the kids and cooking.

Don’t have much planned for Fun Friday - trying to keep myself from getting super sick. I can feel it getting tight in my chest (I get bronchitis EVERY fall and I’m hoping that it’ll not come this year). I’ll have to take it easy, pump the fluids and vitamin C etc. Any other suggestions?!

Tammy - A good scale is a definite must! I had an old icky one that I was weighing myself on when I started. It told me that I was at 301lbs back in April. Made me so depressed. Then I went out and bought a new one. Turns out that the old one was 10 lbs off. We weighed everyone in our house and it said the same 10lb gain for everyone. Anyway, You need to have that.

How old is your daughter? My 11 year old is having issues with feeling like she’s “so fat.” She is a little over weight, but I don’t think it’s too much. What are you doing for the “diet.” I’m worried that if she “diets” with me she won’t get the nutrients that she needs. I suppose, though if she cuts out all the junk that she eats that would probably do it right there, huh. Enough of the rambling . . .

Lucky - What’re ya doin’?! Trying to scare those girls into not coming?!

Thin - glad to see that you’re out of your “funk.”

2Cute - I’m sure you’ll have plenty of nice days yet down there. I know we will up here (despite Lucky’s warning!)

Kat - roasted cabbage sounds interesting, do tell how it’s done . . .

BarbG - Geez you’re as bad as Lucky - winter clothes indeed!
My daughter has acid reflux and it kicks her butt when she’s stressed or upset about something. Guess us adults aren’t the only ones dealing with a huge amount of stress, huh.

CD - your post really was thought provoking and it really hit home. All my life I have felt like that. Now in the last few years (since having my dh) that has changed. He’s been such a boost to my self esteem. And all the gals here have had a huge part recently in making me realize that I’m NOT gross, that I AM a beautiful person and that I AM worth taking care of myself. And YOU ARE TOO!!! Glad you found us and are here.

I can't get my smiley's to work or change the color and size of my font. I wonder what's up with that. . . any ideas?

Tomorrow my 13 yr old daughter has an opportunity to do a screen test for a commercial. So, we're off to Bloomington for that. She's pretty excited, and I'm sure the competition will be pretty stiff. Just hope that if she doesn't make it she won't be crushed.

Gotta run . . . love to all!!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:47 AM   #24  
debra

HI to all,
Nothing new here, just drank my 3rd cup o coffee, now I'm wired to work~ there is so much to do, and so few of us that I work on the weekend, nights whatever to stay afloat...we all do on this team. And still, more people are being dumped to cut costs. UGH! And the work must be done..it directly affects the company's bottom line.
Oh well..whine, whine. Glad it's Friday anyway. Fall is here, the air is cool, I feel pretty good today, what more could a girl ask for?
Debra
dgrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:41 AM   #25  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!
TGIF!!!!

My fun Friday is consisting of another hour or so of work and then busting my butt getting ready for our yard sale tomorrow. I am sure I said it before, but I HATE having yard sales. I have encountered so many rude customers in the past. I am nothing but nice, sell only things of good quality, but then they want to give me a nickel for everything. Anyway, I just don't like them, but I really want to get rid of some of the stuff I have laying around. So, I am headed down to the basement this afternoon and will be getting everything priced and organized and to the garage ready to set up in the morning. I won't be getting to the gym today, but I think I'll make up for it with the million trips up and down the stairs!

Lisa - I've had the same problem with smileys and fonts before. I highlight the text I have written, cut and paste it into a new reply window and then it seems to work. I think it's just a glitch now and then. I bet your daughter is so excited about the screen test. Let us know how it goes.

Lucky - What???? 20 degrees and SNOW???? Nevermind, I am canceling my trip!!! Nah - don't think my boss would go for that! Just find somewhere warm for us to hang out!

Terri - I am with you, I love October!

Sorry to cut is short - need to get in a little more work and head to the dreaded basement!

Have a wonderful, fun Friday!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:27 PM   #26  

Smile

CD ... your post was thought provoking for me too. I think we all have shared in those thoughts and feelings. And now we are going to share in growing out of them.

Kat...As for the grilled cabbage. I used to cut the pieces into small strips.. but now I leave them larger so they don't fall through the grill. LOL I probably leave them like 2" wide now. Anyway... I just put them in a plastic bag and marinade them in Italian dressing. That can be just minutes before grilling but Ilike them to soak for an hour or more. Then just grill right on the grate. They take longer to cook than you would think. I love the pieces that have that little bit of black burnt edges. MMmmm I do this with zuccini, tomatoes, peppers. Heck I like them grill with no marinade at all too ... but italian dressing adds a little zip.

Skittles... {{{ HUGS }}} My heart goes out to you. Your story brought back sad memories of losing some of my four legged loved ones. {{{ HUGS }}}

Terri .. you said October is your favorite month. I love fall too. One reason is because you can decorate and it lasts TWO months instead of only one like Xmas. I swear.. by the time I get my xmas stuff out... it is time to put them up. But with fall...you have the end of Sept, all of Oct and Nov to enjoy your efforts.

Lucky... is SNOW normal for Oct in Minn. ? Maybe it will snow and you cover your leaves so you don't have to rake. LOL

Lisa... I always take mega Vit C overdose and zinc lozenge for 3-4 days. It works everytime if I start early enough. Yesterday on Oprah that showed a new product but I can't remembe the name of it. They swear it works wonders. If I get to the store this weekend I will buy some. I will know it when I see it. then I will post it here.

Debra.... quote "Fall is here, the air is cool, I feel pretty good today, what more could a girl ask for?" My sentiments exactly.

BarbPA... I hate doing garage sales too. The last time I tried... I ended up donating instead. I hate missing out on the money but I was just not up to it. Good luck and don't let those nickel shoppers get to you. I have actually told people that I would rather give it away to a charity than sell it for that. LOL

Okay... caught up on replys.
It rained last night and stopped by 7am. Not suppose to rain again until 5 tonight... so maybe I WILL get that October swim in. Hope it is not too cool... but I am pretty determined to swim no matter. LOL
Old 10-01-2004, 04:33 PM   #27  
Determined

First off, Congratulations again to all of you that have lost weight

Determined: I probably could weigh in somewhere else, but I think I'm a bit too shy for that yet

To everyone else: I'm so glad my post helped provoke thoughts and hopefully most of them were good ones.

I'm having a harder time than ever. Our power is still out - well "my" power. In other words my room still has no electricity at all, and our a/c is still off.. no stove or dishwasher - etc. It really is getting to be too much. I'm about to cry because its just always hot. We're watching my niece and nephew tonight and my Sis-In-Law promised she'd bring an extension cord and fans.. I was sooo happy I jumped up and cleaned the entire house even though the heat was unbearable ... and now I just found out they forgot them It really is going to make me cry. It makes me feel stupid and foolish, but agh.

At least being hot and sweaty all the time makes me focus more on my weight everything is more obvious, more irritating, more painful. All this suffering better make me try damn hard once our electricity is back.

Oi, enough of my ranting (i've started a diary again trying to help myself be more intouch with my feelings ;p, i guess its working). I hope all of you have an awesome weekend I'm sure I'll have fun with my niece and nephew so I'm not complaining Tooo much.

OH! Are any of you interested in that new series coming up called "Big Losers" ? Supposedly its a big competition just trying to see who loses the most weight out of a group of obese people. I'm slightly intrigued. Sometimes I find myself watching shows like "Extreme Makeover" mainly for the working out part, despite my loathing of plastic surgery for everything - they have some awesome tips for working out to lose weight.
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 04:43 PM   #28  
a work in progress...

Exclamation New motivation...

Well, I just received the ultimate motivator...we just booked a trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico, for March 26-April 2, 2005. I think my Spring Fling plans just went out the window! We'll see about that...do you have dates in mind yet, Thin?

Anyway, we've had a search out, through the time share, to find either a Caribbean or Mexican resort for next year's vacation. We're not taking a summer vacation next year because my son will be here and there with the Scouts come July; camp and then the big Jamboree a week later. Football starts up in August, so there goes the summer! We had a bonus week to use up with our timeshare and thought that Easter break would be a good time to go. My only requirement was that the hotel HAD to be on the beach. That was really it for me! Dh wants to golf. Kids dont' really care, just want to get away somewhere exotic. I'm very excited!!! Dh and I went to Cancun on our honeymoon, this isn't really that far from there. We plan on seeing the Mayan ruins again, which are fascinating, should be fun seeing it this time with our kids.

SO...this means it's "serious time to get ready to strut my stuff in a bathing suit on the beach time!" I have six months to get the bod in gear. 176 days. I just counted.

Here's my plan:

Do at least 50 sit ups every day. I can do that.
At least 20 min of cardio per day. Walk, bike ride, aerobics class, something.
Weight training at least 3x/week.
Continue to follow WW flex points.
Drink drink drink that water.
Journal: be accountable.
Positive imagery. Positive thoughts. Positive attitude.

Starting NOW!

Adios!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 05:09 PM   #29  

Smile

I did it !! I did it !! I got to SWIM outside in October
It did not rain again .. yet .. and so I went for it. The water was 75 but seemed colder than when it was 76. But .. once again.. after I got working out it was actually very nice.
I just had to come share with my good news. They say tomorrow the high will only be low 60's so I doubt I will try it. All next week is going to be very cool too... so that may be my last swim of the season.

CD... If I had to live without an air conditioner.... I would be a TOTALLY BASKET CASE !!! ***** would not even come close to describe me. I don't know how on earth you are doing it. HANG IN THERE !!! Hopefully soon you will have your electircity again.

Kat... I am soooo happy about your trip to Mexico... But VERY disappointed about the Spring Fling. WE WANT TO SEE THAT NEW BODY TOO !!!
I guess you could just have ALL OF US down to Mexico and stay with you.
Surely there is someway we can get both in.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-01-2004 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:28 PM   #30  

Just noticed that we are at 30 posts sooooo.... STOP !!! Do not post here.
Come Join us in the ongoing thread ... # 576