Old 06-25-2004, 07:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Hey now! Dissing me for not doing the cooking. DH insists that he do the cooking and no, its not because I'm a bad cook! That is his contribution to the household to help me and his way of relaxing. He loves feeding me and that has been an issue on the weight loss front as I've had to convince him that it can be healthy foods in regular portions to make me happy too. He also thinks that feeding me is big enough that he doesn't have to help with anything else around the house!

Here's his pork chop recipe:
pork chops
fat-free mushroom soup
portabella mushrooms

cook it in the crock-pot until done

serve with caesar salad and real portion sizes of stove top stuffing.

Okay, I have to get to work early again this morning so I best get off here.

Have a great and fun Friday and as always, MAKE IT A HEALTHY DAY!

Hmmm...its morning....and Kat must be getting hot and sweaty with her DH. GO KAT!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 04:54 PM   #17  
BELIEVE!

Hello Beautiful Ladies!

Oh my, so much to catch up on....let me give you a quick update on me first.... I just got back from what they call the "baseline" visit for IVF - bloodwork (well on my way to becoming a pincushion) and a vaginal ultrasound (always a good time ) to check the uterus lining and the ovaries! Good news - everything is where it's suppose to be and I start the next cycle tomorrow. This time I am doing injections in the am and the pm - he increased my doses by 50% due to the poor response last time. Now we just hope and pray things go better than last time! Thank for all your thoughts and prayers during this difficult journey! I know this has nothing to do with weight loss support, but you are all more to me than weight loss buddies...you are my friends and I want to share what's going on in my life with you. On the weight loss front I will now be on a very limited exercise schedule - Dr. says no exercise once the ovaries start stimulating because it can be dangerous if one twists. So, will be walking, cutting out caffeine and trying to eat higher protein and lower carbs --- suppose to be better for conception.

Barbg. --- You are NOT a failure. Get that thought out of your head NOW!!! Everyone has something they need support with - be it weight loss, infertility, depression, etc..... Do you think all these doctors and clinics and support forums would be around if we could all fix ourselves on our own! You are looking for something to help you, and that is the important thing --- YOU!!!!

Angela - So right girl! Stress can do insane things to the body and mind! I know I am an emotional eater and that is a big part of my problem!

Tina - It was WONDERFUL to find your post here. I am so happy you came back to update us on your life and your WLS decision! I just hope you might consider spending more time with us! I can tell you have done your research, are going into this with a level head and are not rushing into any decisions! I love that you have found a good, caring doctor as well! I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing more (and less) of you!!!

Andria - Well said!

Thin - Busy as always! And even getting to bed at a somewhat decent time! Not sure how you do it! Doris is in my prayers! You are such a saint to be there for her! Any Showgirl plans this weekend? I saw Dodgeball earlier this week - funny but oh so dumb at the same time. It was a day I didn't fell well and wanted to get out of the house for a couple hours so I went to the movie during a long lunch break. It was a fun little escape.

2cute - Not enough sleep for you last night! You and Thin, my goodness! I hope you are doing ok today - I am sure it's difficult thinking about your dad. Congrats on getting your utility room cleaned up!!! I am hoping to tackle my basement this weekend.

Terri - It's awesome that your DH cooks dinner. I can't get mine to cook anything!! His idea of cooking dinner is stopping for take-out on the way home!

Ok, I know I have missed many of the gals, but I have to do a few more things before I call it a work day! I hope you have a fabulous Friday! I'll talk to you more later!

Love to all!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 07:02 PM   #18  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy Wow.....

Well, if no one minds.... I think I'll stop back in for just a moment. It took me just about forever to type that post yesterday and believe it or not, I may have just a little more in me. I read something yesterday from someone.... (honestly can't remember who said it - maybe Terri) and it kinda stuck with me. It was:

Quote:
Quick fixes don't solve the emotional issues. They don't solve the poor behaviors that got us to where we are.
HOW TRUE that is. I have to really question though..... what is a "quick fix"? I certainly would not call WLS a quick fix. I believe it may give you a jumpstart, but I also believe you have to be in a place where you just feel you can't do it any other way. (at least I know that's where I am) I believe I can honestly say I am not an emotional eater. I am just a "gee, that's really good.... let's eat a lot" eater. I eat food (and too much) because I like the way it tastes. I rarely find that when I'm upset, happy or angry that I turn to food. In all honesty, not having WLS would be the easy choice for me. Easy, because if I just want to take a day off..... just want to eat whatever I want, I can't do that. I will always have to keep in mind what I'm eating and how much...... it will become a way of life for me and I believe the benefits will far outweigh what I have to go through to get there.

Barb: Thank you so much for your warm welcome back. I really appreciated it.

2cute: Hon, what email addy did you send me a message to? If you used the charter one, I never got it. I don't use that one anymore. Also, as far as the PM's go..... after I left, I didn't come back, although I have checked my inbox and the last thing I got from you was when you were asking for opinions about whether people would want to share suites when you hosted the get together. I hope you know I would never ignore you.

Thin: I think I'll address what you said:
Quote:
I found it interesting that you would come back to tell all of us when you found it so easy to walk away from us.
If your intention was to hurt my feelings...... congratulations. You did. I'm glad you think you know how easy it was for me to leave. It was not easy for me. When I left, I stated why and you know it had nothing to do with anyone here, but because I felt no protection here because anyone can visit this site.

I came back to tell you of my decision because many of you were here with me for years and watched my struggles and triumphs and I thought you might want to know. Silly me. I wanted to reach out to you for a little support. I never dreamed that I would get slapped on the hand for it. I thought because through the years I was here, MANY people came and left several times and were always welcomed back with open arms. Excuse me. My mistake.

Now.... you'll just have to excuse me because I'm going to have to pout for a bit.
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 09:33 PM   #19  

Tina - For the record, I was talking to Barb.G about quick fixes. I wasn't referring to your decision for WLS. That is your decision.

As far as hurting your feelings, your sudden departure did hurt feelings. I know because I was at the Spring Fling and saw how hurt Thin and 2Cute were that you weren't answering and would leave so completely and suddenly.

I just don't think your post was fair to the group.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:50 PM   #20  
You and Me in 2003

Tina We have missed you welcome back.
Thin: We leave for MI on August 10 we should arrive there on the 12 and stay through the followinf Thurs the 19. I sure hope we can get together.
To all the rest of you hello.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:47 PM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Don't have time for more than a quick read and an even quicker post tonight. Tomorrow is Honey and my anniversary and all of my jobs and paperwork are DONE, DONE, DONE and I'm ready to spend the day with him. He's in the shower now, so I know what that means!

I'm only posting at all this evening because I had to get back to Tina. Now, honey, I'm real sorry you got hurt feelings over what I said. It was NOT intended to hurt you at all. You know that I have always loved you, I've sent you stuff, I contacted you as you were leaving to see what I could do to encourage you to stay, I've sent you cards since you've been gone. I've missed you! It's just that when you left you said you didn't feel as if you could post here because you found a new home somewhere else where the people were soooo supportive of you. It hurt. It still does, since myself and others have tried to keep in touch to no avail. I guess I'm sorry for what I said, as it's intention was NOT to upset you. I guess I'm not sure what the intention was for that particular statement. The point of my post to you was to say I'M GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!! Please don't pout.

Gotta run. Love to all.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:47 PM   #22  
Progress..not perfection

Everyday we make decisions... sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong. But we still have to make them.

I'm not going to be mad or hurt forever and I think Thin knows that. The only reason she made that statement was because she was hurt.... and I understand that. I'm not a complete moron.

I'm just licking my wounds a little... that's all.

Thin, you snuck in on me... you rat. I'm ok now. I just had to rant for a minute.

Glad to be back.

P.S. When I said I was going to a different website where people were supportive, it was in NO way... shape or form, a slam towards anyone here. You guys were/are some of the MOST supportive people around. Once again, I just felt a need to be protected, that's all.

Last edited by QueenB; 06-26-2004 at 05:38 AM.
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:35 AM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

HI guys !!!!
I think it is time for a fresh new beginning. Just as in all families... feelings sometimes get hurt and statements get misunderstood. So lets start fresh and enjoy being a family of caring women who have bonded and are there for each other.

Let me tell you guys ... I am one SPOILED woman !!!!
My life is going sooo great and I am exercising daily in the pool. My flexiblity is improving... my need for pain killers has lessened and I just LOVE my new home. I exercise in the mornings... in the afternoon ... and in the evening. I had gained 10-15lbs in just 3 weeks... and now I have lost a lot of that. A lot of it was water retention. My legs were soooo swollen. My ankles were HUGE and my hands swollen so much I had to take off my rings. I have improved my eatting and eliminated a lot of the sodium I was eatting. I started drinking more water and that helps eliminate water in your body. Weird but true.
I FEEL soooo much better when I eat wisely and exercise.

I got up early this morning and had great fun going to garage sales all day with my daughter. We came home and I took a short 30 minute nap and then put a wonderful healthy meal in the oven to bake for an hour and went outside and swam while it cooked.
We ate outside and watched the hummingbirds we have on all four corners of our patio area. We also watched the mother sparrow feed her babies on our back porch.
Then we swam some more. At dusk we lit our tiki lights around the backyard and lit a fire in the chimminea and my granddaughters came over to swim with Grandma.
As it drew darker ... the glow of the fires was soooooo pretty !!!!!!
I feel like I am on a vacation holiday EVERYDAY !!!!!! It is sooooo nice.!!!!!!

I apologize if I sound braggy.... I am not.
I am just soooooooo appreciative of my life right now.
We have struggled our whole lives... and it is sooooo nice being spoiled for a change.
I AM LOVING IT !!!!!!!!!

Okay... I AM getting to bed earlier tonight. We are getting up early again Saturday for an entire neighborhood garage sale.
If I reply to one... then I have to reply to all... LOL ... so I am not repling to anyone.
Just know I LOVE YOU ALL !!!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:45 AM   #24  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

2cute, can I spend the rest of the summer at your house?
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 02:09 AM   #25  
Dancing those pounds away

Andria.... ANYTIME !!!!
I told my daughter if she is going to leave me to go live in Michigan ... then I was going to have to adopt another grown daughter to be my best friend.
Do you want to appy for the position.??
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 09:17 AM   #26  

Smile

My back hurts and I haven't even started my Saturday body torture of raking, weeding, trimming bushes and I get to use my new chain saw today

I hopefully can cut back on the hours out there because tomorrow I have to clean my house. No sluffing off this weekend.

Off for some much needed
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:39 AM   #27  
Hang In There

LUCKY: Watch those fingers!!!

I remember when a friend of mine used her new chain saw for the first time! How do you spell ER?
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:43 PM   #28  

Talking

Hi all,
Sorry about making one post then falling off the face of the known world. I vol.for cub scout day camp and lost 5 lbs! I was running with my 9 boys all week and not only was I able to keep up with them I was able to wear them out! What really made me fell good was the fact that I started a water fight on Monday will another leader and it lasted all week, not one day did I go home and not have to take my shoes off at the door! Most of the other leaders where men and a couple ladies. Most of the ladies whould not get wet or play in our water fights, so that made me a prime target. At one point a vary good looking man came up to me and told me that he was going to leave his wife and live with me. He loved the fact that I was playing with the boys and getting as good as I got in the fight while never yelling about how wet or muddy I got. When I told him that my husband might have something to say about it he looked "hurt", it was so much fun flirting! And by the way his wife was there and herd the whole thing and just thought it was funny!
So other then having my 9 anniversry yesterday and not gettting to see my husband at all. (We are going on a trip just the 2 of us later this summer so do not feel to bad for us. )Thats been my life up to now!
Shelly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 01:14 PM   #29  
a work in progress...

In my hospital, it's spelled: ED, for Emergency Department! I think they're trying to get away from that glamorous TV ER image! Besides, we don't have George Clooney. *sigh* ...not even close!
Oh that's right...they don't either anymore!

Lucky...Uh, try not to overdo it today, okay? Remember how you felt last week! Cuz when you don't feel good, you don't post...and we LOVE your posts!

Terri must be either down at the stable with ol' grizzlefart or at the marina, getting the boat out. Is there a marine version of grizzlefart? I know there must be, just needs a proper naming! Either way, I'm still jealous!

BarbG...I never did put my two cents in: ...I think it's wonderful what you're doing...sounds very relaxing and therapeutic. Please don't feel like a failure for not doing it on your own. None of us can. That's why we're here! We all need support and help and encouragement and whatever it takes! Good luck and please keep us posted!

2cute...what a wonderful post! It's so good to see you so upbeat and positive!!

Thin...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! How many years? Sooooo...what did you do for your anniversary? Besides that?

Mary...Hello to you too! Hey! I'm using your recipe tonight...with shrimp...I'll let you know how it come out.

Barb... My fingers are crossed and my prayers are being sent for this time around! I know that you will be a GREAT mom someday soon!! (and I live close enough to go and see the baby! nyah nyah!)

Andria...You always have some pearl of wisdom for us...
Quote:
Through all our differences and all our similarities, we find balance.
How true, how true...well said!

Angela...
Quote:
the only times I've been able to lose weight have been when I've been able to control stress in my life sufficiently to allow me to have some time to focus on weight loss, as well as the serenity to make use of my will power.
Amen, sister! I am learning to NOT stress over things that I have no control over...and speaking of serenity...often use the serenity prayer to focus. Thanks for sharing!

Pat...Hi! What's new?

Tina...I saved you for last because I honestly did not know what the heck to say to you. But since we're 'starting fresh:'
"Hi, Tina! Welcome back to the board!"

Okay...that's everyone, I think...I have to go clean the bathroom. Yahoo! Big Saturday! Can't beat that for excitement!

Shelley! You snuck in on me as I was typing. Sounds like you had a blast! Not only did you have fun, but you gave good memories to your boys! I was a Cub leader for 5 years...I always liked to get down and dirty too...that's where the fun is! Best of all...look at all the calories you burned! Good for you!

Have a great day, all!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-26-2004 at 01:20 PM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 04:12 PM   #30  

Kat - Biking first. Nap. Lunch. Laundry. Housecleaning. Stables. Then boating!

Thin - Happy Anniversary!