Old 06-11-2004, 08:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#536

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Its Fabulous Fun Friday! Whatcha gonna do?

I've already done 40 minutes on the spinner and am recovering from that now. Soon I'll jump into the shower and head over to Home Depot. My brother was here last night and gave me some landscaping ideas so I'm going scouting for supplies. Then we need to go see Ginger and then off to the boat!

We got out new microwave and range yesterday. DH is thrilled. Our old one was directly wired so I sent an SOS to my brother (both are union electricians) and he came to the rescue. He also installed a new motion light at the garage door too. He is such a handy guy to have around.

I need to get DH up. The bus drivers are having a union vote this morning and he's all hepped up about that. Which makes me laugh because he's kinda dogged on my family because my dad was union electrician as well as his dad before him and brother, my two brothers, and my sister worked for a union health and welfare unit. And they are Democrats. DH is about as Republican as they come. We (my family) tease him about having to vote Democrat now that he's part of a union. The school district is not happy about it at all. They main reason is to provide the bus drivers with a $2million liability policy in case anything happens. Big doings at the bus barn this morning.

I just have to send my apologies to whomever gets the two days of rain and gloom we've just had. But HOORAY the sun is shining today.

I need to balance the checkbook. Have a great day!

P.S. Barb.G - I loved your "wedding" picture. Very beautiful!

Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:01 AM   #3  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Speaking of balancing my checkbook..I've spent my morning trying to figure out some sort of budget with my low paying job ;p It's always depressing knowing it costs more per year for the college you went to, then you currently gross in a year.

At any rate, I know my posts have only been like once a week, but I've been working strange hours. I don't work a LOT of hours (just like 40 a week) - but the hours are odd...I usually do 10-6. I'm usually home by 6:30 unless I'm running errands - these past two weeks I've been going back and forth from home to work to the car dealership...I am now the proud owner of a 2003 Sangria Red Ford Focus ZX5...a hatchback!! I haven't had a hatchback since I was 16....

Let's see, as for the diet.....god I'd rather not comment...ok I've been bad for the past two weeks. I need help, actually...my back has been horribly painful lately, so I've been doing some stretches in the morning and that seems to help. The only time I seem to be in pain is when I wake up, do you suppose that means I need a new mattress? Also, do overweight people need to invest in more expensive mattresses you think? Just a thought. But at any rate, the pain has gotten me more and more determinted to lose weight, people keep saying I look like I've lost..I'm weighing in around 330 now.

So my job ....I have now been 'assigned' as this lovely woman's 'primary'...which means I'm responsible for making sure she has all the stuff she needs...personal products, clothing..achieving her 'goals.' She is a darling older lady with Cerebral Palsy..her name is Barbara and she has a FETISH with cats. She says "mew" after everything she says..when we first met (since her short term memory is bad) she would ask me about my cat every ten minutes: "do you have a cat? what is her name? does she say mew? say mew for me!!"
"ok barb, let's go..."
"yes, ok..let's go mew...."
"can you do the laundy?"
"can i do the laundry mew!!!" *giggles*
She wheels herself about in her chair, and we go places in this huge *** wheelchair van (which is still scary to drive).

Well that's it for now, I need to head to the dealership and have them give me a "professional clean."
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:34 AM   #4  
a work in progress...

I am in such pain! Good pain, though. I took a Step/Interval Training class last night at the gym. Good grief. I have never felt this worked over, even after the Body Pump classes. We had the usual steps, but also used hand weights, the body bar and the stretchy thing...I can't think of the name...but it has handles at the end of the stretchy cord. She had us lie down on the step, loop the thing underneath, hook our feet into the ends, raise our legs, (s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g the thing way up there) then opening and closing our legs til I thought I was gonna DIE! Yowser! The best part about the class? The instructor was CHUBBY! Maybe even a little beyond chubby. Totally non-threatening. (til she worked us over... ) It's sometimes intimidating to walk into a class led by a teensy tiny little Barbie doll. I remembered her from a place I used to belong to...(she was much thinner then), she always gave a good class...you walked out KNOWING you burned a $H!Tload of calories. Still does, extra lbs and all.

What's everyone got planned for the weekend?

Not much here, I'm working Sat/Sun nights. Probably do some more yard work...there's always something to do. My son has a baseball game tomorrow. That's about it for me.

Barb...Did your honey perk up enough to show you a good time on your BD? BTW, I love your pic...you look lovely and there is a noticeable difference in your physique...you are definitely thinner than in the NYC pics. I certainly hope that you find a doc who will work on your OWN schedule...boy that seems pretty selfish on the part of your present doc! Have your ovaries conform to HIS schedule?

Michelle...you are the will o' the wisp, aren't you? I hear it's lovely down there...know quite a few people who have relocated to NC. Is Raleigh coastal? Watch out for hurricanes! Now, we definitely have to pick a date for our chickfest.

Meliss...I just noticed your post...
Quote:
Also, do overweight people need to invest in more expensive mattresses you think?
NO! They need to lose weight! Your job sounds interesting...mew!

Teri...there must be some lively political discussions at your family get-togethers! Dh and I are quite the opposites in our political views too...it's fun debating with him...gets quite loud! The kids roll their eyes and say, "there they go again..." Or tell us to shut up, what's the point of arguing, you'll never convince the other... It's fun! But only with him...

Yikes, look at the time! Lots to do today, so I'm outta here...Hi to everyone else...have a great day!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-11-2004 at 11:38 AM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:53 AM   #5  
a work in progress...

Default oops, I almost forgot...

I wanted to share this...it makes a lot of sense for me, thought it might help you all too.

~THE PAST~

Even God cannot change the past.
~Agathon, ancient Greek poet

Each day of recovery, I ask my Higher Power to help me stay focused on today. Although there are things I would like to change about the past, I know that it is not possible. I’ve let myself fall into traps, thinking "If only I had done..." or "If only I’d said..." When I think this way, I find myself wasting a lot of time and feeling bad. This doesn’t seem like healthy recovery thinking. If amends need to be made, then I make them. If not, then I let go of the past.

Worrying about the past is not productive.
Regret will not fix anything.

It will merely keep me from concentrating my efforts on where they belong ... on the present moment.

One Day at a Time . . .
I will stay focused on what is going on around me and leave the past in the past

Borrowed from The Recovery Group ~ An Anonymous 12 Step Support Community
http://recovery.hiwaay.net

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-11-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:38 PM   #6  
willworkout

Talking hello everybody

Hi everybody, I'm new to the site. I'll cruise over and put up my bio on the other thread. I just started my weightloss journey and this site seems great for positive support. Lots of good ideas, and lots of people making positive changes. Yesterday I worked out for a whole thirty minutes! This is golden for me as I started out pretty darn out of shape. My first workout on the treadmill was 20 minutes...and I ached for days. This time I went thirty and feel fab! Yea exercise! Back in high school I was a athelete, I'm going to get back to being in shape again. Yea! As you can tell, I am feeling very proud of myself for working out. It's hard to go to the gym alone. Luckily, my apartment complex just put in a small gym with three new good machines so I have a place to go to workout that doesn't make me feel uncomfortable. Most of the time, no one is even there. Glad to have found this site.

381/376/155
start/current/goal
magnolia31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 03:06 PM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Hi Chicks!

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes yesterday!
It was a nice day. After work I was suppose to have a meeting that was cancelled at the last minute so Jeff brought home a Pizza and cake. He gave me a beautiful gold & diamond bracelet. Then we stayed up late playing a computer game together. He is still recovering from being sick but doing a little better. I think I may move back into our bed tonight.

Jeff's company closed today in honor of Reagan. Mine did not, but I am working from home. Actually we went out for a bit and saw Harry Potter! I love Harry Potter and have read all the books, but I was not happy with this movie. I'll see it again when it comes out on DVD, but it was not nearly as good as the first two.

Tonight we are going out to dinner. Tomorrow I am meeting up with a woman who I met on a Fertility Message board. She is going through the same thing I am and we found out we live just a couple miles from each other.

Magnolia - WELCOME! I haven't had a chance to go read your bio, but I will. Congratulations on making the decision to get healthy. Sounds like you are off to a good start!

Kat - Yay for Pain! Good job! Thank you for the nice compliment on our picture. I'm happy to see that some of you found it out there! It was a fun day!

Melissa - Congrats on the new car! Sorry about the budgeting problems. It's difficult starting out! Been there! Hang Tough!

Terri - It does sound like you are having a fabulous Friday --- exercise, gardening stuff, boating! Fun, Fun, Fun!

Would like to go back to the last thread for more replies, but I have to do some work.

Talk to you later.

Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 05:10 PM   #8  

Talking

Hi I posted my pic and filled out the Bio.
Now I thought I would just stick my head in and say hi before going on lurcker mode! HAve a great day!
Shelly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 05:20 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Welcome, Shelley and Magnolia!

Glad to have you aboard!

Barb...I LIKED the latest Harry P! Although, Prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite book of the bunch, so that might have something to do with it. Having read the stories, you always realize how much must be left out, in order to make the movie a decent length. I did like the new look at Hogwarts...and it's cool to see how the kids are changing as they grow older. Best of all, anything that can get my son to read without me badgering him is first rate, in my book! Since seeing the movie last Sunday, he's (re)read the story and is now reading (voraciously) the fourth book, Goblet of Fire, which is in production now and scheduled to come out next November...

I heart Harry Potter!

gotta run...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-11-2004 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:25 PM   #10  
willworkout

Thanks Katrinabgood and BarbPA! I'm having another good day today, and I lost another pound! I just have to remind myself that this is a permanent change, or I start dieting then I do the binge thing. I see the scales drop and think, if I just ate less then it would go faster. But so far, I've stuck to healthy reasonable sized meals. Thanks for the greetings!

Barbara
magnolia31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:46 PM   #11  
Hang In There

Magnolia & Shelly Bear

Hope to get to know all of you better. Barbara, I'm a Barbara too and I live in Dallas. I've crashed and burned from my very active week, and tonight I just want to lay around and rest. Hopefullly I'll have more to say next week.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:00 PM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Kat - Oh, I am excited! Someone told me they weren't making the 4th HP movie. I am so happy they are!!! I'll see this one again - maybe I was too tired today.

Shelly Bear - Welcome! Good to have you here. This is a fabulous group of women and a fantastic support system!!!

We've got 3 Barb/Barbara's now. Might get confusing. It's funny - all my life I only knew one other Barbara and now there are lots of us around.

We just returned from my B-day dinner - Mexican. Skipped Dessert - Yay for us! But I did have a margarita and lots of chips - Boo for me!

Have a great night ladies!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 12:23 AM   #13  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

Barbara.... I am so sorry this is late... but better late than never....

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Barbara
Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuuuu !!!!!!

And a big CONGRATULATIONS on your renewal of your wedding vows too !!!!
You looked just BEAUTIFUL !!!!! and hubby too.
I hope you have good luck finding a doctor to work closer to your needs than his. Sept is a longggggggg time to wait.

Terri.... didn't you say you got one of those solid top stove tops ??? Let me know how you like it. I am thinking of getting one of those. Does anyone else have one??? How did you like it ????

Miss Meliss.. good to see you again. I have been gone a lot .. so you may have been here and I just haven't seen you. Congrats on your new Ford Focus. I can hear your Barb ask now... "Does your new car purr like a kitten... Mew"

Kat... You are really getting yourself into shape. WOW !!!
I loved your little quote you posted. While reading it I thought to myself..."This sounds like a 12 stepper" LOL ... then you posted it was. LOL
And concerning Harry Potter... I heard rumors that the 3 main characters were only signed for the first three movies... and they are now considered too old to play the role anymore.
It did not make sense to me... because I also thought the movie was new for each new school year of the characters. If it is a new movie for a new year... then how can they be too old??? Did that make any sense???

Magnolia... WELCOME !!!! You sound full of spirit and determination. with that attitude you will definitely SUCCEED !!!!

Shellybear... WELCOME to you too !!!!! I read your bio and hope to see you posting with us regularly from now on. Tell us all about yourself and keep posting.

Barbg.. hope you are feeling rested and better soon. {{{ HUGS }}}
I loved your welcome elephant... LOL ... It is just 2cute. I may have to steal it. LOL

Okay... I know there are MANY who posted since my last replies.. but I decided to just start at this new thread. I have been gone too long to get all of you.
I am really enjoying my daughter being home. We layed in bed last night laughing till it hurt. She decided to give me a pedicure and I can't stand for anyone to touch my feet. It drove me CRAZY. I would jump 10 feet everytime she grabbed hold of a toe. LOL

Okay... gotta run. My two daughters are having a garage sale tomorrow and I promised to help... so off to bed for me.
Oh yes.. my sister is doing much better. She is having a hard time keeping food down... but otherwise she is recuperating. She has been in the hospital for nearly 3 weeks now... and they don't know when she will get out yet. Not before next week for sure.

Love you all.... Can't wait to read your posts this weekend.
Good night all ...
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 08:59 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Hello all I'm back for now.
Welcome Magnolia nad ShellyBear. YOu will love it here.

I have a smoothtop stove and love it.
Food is terrible. I went and exercised yesterday but stopped on the way home and got a hot fudge sundae. But I did vaccume and mop so I guess I worked it off.

I can't wait till August for vacation I am thrilled about the possibility of meeting up with Thin.

Things at the Library are ok we started our summer reading program this week. The new girl is wonderful, so crafty.

Sons job is doing ok. He has a lady friend he has been staying with week-ends so hubby and I have some time alone. Maybe this will lead to something good. I told him not to jump into anything.

Well I better run I am off today but I have my genealogy meeting it is election time again.

Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:01 AM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Barb Happy belated Birthday
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote