Old 05-16-2004, 12:40 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #529

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 12:43 PM   #2  

Smile Hidey Ho !!!!

Well it took me an hour to start this new thread due to the slowness of this site... the slowness of my server.. and a dozen ERRORS I made in the process.
Just want to say I am having a wonderful visit with my friends visiting but miss all of you too.
Will be back as soon as possible.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:45 PM   #3  

Quote:
We will have to change your name to KAT FISH !!!
Oh, 2Cute are you good or what!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 02:24 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

Default Kat Fish, huh?

Funny, I just had fish for lunch too! I'm noticing a trend here...
I wish there was a little fishy smilie for me, but sadly there is not .

These are cute though, I'll have to weave them into my story somehow. <---I need this if I'm going to stay up any longer. I haven't slept yet today. I went right to Aqua class at 8:00. After the class, I stay and swim a few laps and just enjoy the quiet pool and then another class was starting up so I stuck around. Great workout. Highly recommended if you feel that you are too heavy to exercise, or do not want any impact on your poor little knees. And don't worry about being too fat to get in a bathing suit. Everyone else there is there for the same reason, all shapes and sizes. There was a man there today that had to weigh well over 400 lbs. I was thrilled for him...to see him working at losing instead of sitting home waiting for a magician to knock on the door with the next sure fire weight loss scheme!

The only magician I want to know about is named...ahem...Dr Phil! I hate to eat my words, but I'm really starting to like him. (stop laughing, Lucky!) His WORDS, okay? If I don't have to SEE him and his smarmy wife, I'm okay with him. I'm loving what he has to say and the way he says it!! And that was his appeal all along, right? Yes, I'm slow. I know we're now on Chapter 3, but I still have to state my goals for all the world (you guys) to see.

Before I scamper off to the book thread, I just had to share, since I was whining last week about my miserable son. We had such a nice morning together. After I got back from the gym, I hustled him along to get ready for church. We had to be at the athletic field for football uniform measuring at 1:00. We went to 11:00 Mass together, and then out for lunch. Just to the little fish place down by the water. I ate one and a half crab cakes and he and the seagulls ate french fries. (the ones that I did NOT eat!) We talked about his Terra Nova test scores. (National achievement testing to determine strengths and weaknesses.) His scores were ALL well above average. He seemed surprised by this. Self esteem is not his long suit. Like his mother. I could tell he was surprised and yet proud of his accomplishment. Focusing on that, we talked about school and stuff. Nice and easy, no lecturing (me) or mopy silence (him). It was nice. It makes me happy and he seems happy too.

So who needs sleep? It's really nice out, I should get outside, but I really do need some sleep since I have to work again tonight!
That little catnap I took during the sermon just won't suffice!

I will see you all later!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 07:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Wow, a quiet weekend on the thread.

Its just about time for Sunday HBO TV! Yes, that does fulfill Dr. Phil's comment about main entertainment being TV.

Yesterday I worked all day on cleaning the master closet, scrubbing down the master bath, other light housework, and boxing up a whole bunch of clothes for the Goodwill. Then I had to go to the office to prepare some expense projections and didn't get home until after 7. A very full day. Today, I've been working on laundry, ironing and catching up on the paperwork. I didn't even have a nap. OOOH, and I did 30 minutes on the spinner. The first time since I broke my foot. I'm anxious to get the bike out and apprehensive as to whether I have any stamina to even try.

I went to the store this morning and have stocked up on all kinds of healthy food. I've tried a new recipe from WW for crab salad that I will take for my lunch tomorrow. I have a nice cantaloupe to cut up to go along with it. Tomorrow night we're trying a WW recipe for bean tostadoes with corn salsa. They look good in the picture but we'll see how DH likes having no meat.

Our downfall the past few days has been lack of planning and lack of setting our environment up for success (i.e. having the right foods in the house). Also, DH had a bunch of school trips last week that really wrecked havoc on planning. No excuses this week.

Kat - That is so cool about your time with your son. I'd been wondering how things were going. Did he give any insight on why he doesn't like to do the work? Maybe you can get him into some special advanced classes that would be more stimulating. I would love to do the swimming classes and the Y is only two miles from the house but I have this fear that I wouldn't follow through once I joined It is hard working in all the exercise we need with all the other responsibilities. Good job!

I'll be stating my daily food and exercise goals on the Challenge thread. I had gotten kind of lax about it but I won't make my goals if I don't take the time and make the effort. Join me if you can!

I'm outta here for the evening. Have a good one and let's make this next week a great OP week.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:55 PM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Another busy day of running errands, laundry, etc.... However, I did make exercise a PRIORITY! I got up and went to the gym this morning before doing anything else!!!

I hope you all had a good weekend!!! I'll try to find more time to chat tomorrow!

Love Ya'll
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 03:43 PM   #7  

Okay ladies... I took a shower so now you can all come back in and post. LOL
Meliss.. I could totally relate to you.

If you need something to write about... how about some..
MONDAY MOTIVATION IDEAS !!!
Even if we don't use them... we know what is good. LOL
Old 05-17-2004, 04:15 PM   #8  

Dr. Phil has his weight loss show on. I have missed all of these... thought I would remind anyone interested.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:54 PM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I'll say "hi" to everyone, but it looks like not many have been checking in. I was a "showgirl" all weekend so that about did me in for time. Was doing counts for Van Helsing. The numbers were very low. While we were there, honey and I saw Laws of Attraction. It was pretty cute. We enjoyed it. Can't wait, Shrek opens Wednesday!!! I'm so excited to see Donkey and Puss, n Boots!!!! It will be soooo funny. Just loved the first one!

On the diet front, I'm *this* close to beginning again. I went out yesterday and bought a new scale that will weigh me. I figured if I was saving the money from going to WW meetings, I could afford spend $50 on a new scale that I could WI (not Wisconsin) on. I'm shooting for Monday. Honey's birthday was last week, Mother's Day, and the "Baby's" birthday is Friday. Plus 3 steakhouses for dinner this week. Might just as well make next Monday Day One. Like I said, I'm *this* close to starting over.

Well, I feel totally lost. I really have no time for anymore than this one thread and yet I feel like so much more is going on with the Book Threads and the Challenge. Oh well. Now that the book thing is going two chapters a week, I'm further behind than ever. I think I'll just leave Dr. Phil on the shelf and concentrate on what I already know. Guess I'll just stick to "stickying" and "un-stickying" threads.

Bought a bunch of flowers the other day. I'm going to try to plant my own hanging planters today. I thought I would take the cheaper way out. HUH!!! Cost me a fortune!!! $$$$$$$$$

Well, my dears, I must go make some dinner. Yes you heard it right, ThinThinker is actually thinking about "making" some dinner. I can't remember the last time I cooked anything......oh yes, I can.....EASTER!!! Do you believe it??? Well, it's true. I've been sooooo BAD!!! Must change these awful habits.

See ya later. Hope a few more come out to visit. BTW Mary, when are you coming to Michigan? And Kantsing, are you still reading? We were supposed to get together in May when you came back up here for more training. Anyway, hope to see some more friends the next time I peak in.

Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 06:46 PM   #10  
BELIEVE!

Hello Ladies -
I just got home from work, had dinner, now I am doing laundry, ironing and getting ready to do my pilates tape. I had such a "fat" day today! Yes, I know I am fat everyday, but today was one that just felt worse than normal. I wore a new pair of pants that fit fine, but something about them when I sat down just made me feel very self concious of my roll (you know, the one above the waistline). Guess I won't be wearing those new pants for awhile. The bummer is that I bought them for the trip - I may have to go hunt down another pair of black capris and see if they fit any better.

Food today was great ---- until dinner (seems to be a trend with me). At lunch I got a side of snow peas - they gave me a huge serving so I brought 1/2 home to have with dinner. Then I opened the fridge and saw left over chinese and ended up having that! Ugh!!! No leftovers allowed in the fridge.

DH informed me that he is going to NYC for work in the morning and may be there all week. So it'll just be me and the dogs. Hopefully he'll be home at a decent time Friday since his dad is coming to visit.

I'm off to iron, do pilates and watch TV. I'll be back if I have any time left, otherwise I'll catch ya tomorrow!

Hugs!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 08:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good evening ladies,

Today was a good day. I got up and did my general conditioning workout this morning. I'm very close to adding on more weights. Tonight I've been working on getting control of spare room #1. I've let the room get totally out of control over the winter months. I made progress on Saturday by dragging out all the clothes to pack up for Goodwill. Tonight I got the remainder of the winter clothes put into the storage contained other stuff in the closet. One more night and it will be finished. It is my ironing and craft room. I haven't been able to do any ceramics for months. The other spare room isn't that bad but I do have some stuff to do in there as well.

My next projects will be to sort through my craft stuff and finally get rid of stuff I'm not ever going to do; reorganize closet #3; and complete overhaul the sock and undie drawers. That won't be this week.

I am so excited that DH's son is coming this weekend. We get to see the GRANDSON! He's about 15 months old. And has the brightest red hair. Did I say that there is going to be grandbaby #3? I think it was a whoops.

Thin - Don't despair over Dr. Phil. We're not moving on to two chapters a week for the normal pace. Just that chap 3 was very short and for some of us, we are at the "zero hour" and ready to do this. If you do anything, read chapter 3 to take the readiness quiz. I post my goals and accountability on the challenge thread because it helps me focus on those things in one place. They get kinda lost in this thread as this thread is about lots more social stuff. I am NOT saying that to hurt anyone's feelings or make it bad that this thread is not focused or ANYTHING! If it would be help you to move that here, just say the word and I will. Because I want to help!

I need to run for now. DH is burning dinner.

Later!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:20 PM   #12  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello All....

I just wanted to check in and let everyone know I am still lurking about....still not feeling very ambitious but better than I was.. I have been trying to catch up on the threads I have missed since I was hospitalized....I get pretty tired and will not write long tonite....I have missed you all and want to be a more active part of this forum soon....Hope all are having a nice Monday evening...It is raining here, we need it.

I won't respond to individual message tonite but hope to catch up soon...Until Then...
Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:53 PM   #13  
Falling, but fighting...

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update. This weekend was the Hoedown, which meant that I had to work this weekend for no pay (I don't get OT). In addition to my normal work week, I worked an additional 28 hours. Needless to say, my food wasn't good at all. I slept about 8 hours in two days and decided to stay home today and try to get some rest. Unfortunately, now I have a major sore throat and feel lousy.

I am going to try and workout tomorrow, if it is better, but I may just have to call in work and sleep instead.

Thin: Can I have a raincheck for lunch? I don't think I would make a good lunch companion feeling the way I do.

I am really behind in my Dr. Phil book, but I will look to catch up tomorrow and Wednesday.

Syn: Welcome back. How are you feeling?

Well, I am going to go to bed and try to sleep.

Susie
SusieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:36 PM   #14  
a work in progress...

Default Motivated Monday

yes, I was very motivated today! I managed to finagle two gym classes tonight...Step, followed by Body Pump. Hear me roar! More like, boooy, I'm sore! But a good sore. Then I met the family for dinner at the Lone Star. I was very good, had a small steak, a salad and steamed veggies, which I asked them to substitute for the baked potato.

So I'm feeling good about today.

Now, I'm going to catch up on Dr Phil and hopefully post a bit more on the book thread.

Syn, I hope you're feeling better.
Susie. Work for no pay doesn't sound good to me. Especially if it makes you sick. Feel better.
Terri, you are on a roll...please come clean my computer room! Soon!
Barb, I know just what you mean about those pants. Don't worry, just make tomorrow a 'thin day.'
Thin, I almost made dinner tonight too! Then dh expressed the desire for a steak, (which I was willing to go buy and cook)...when he said, "how about Lone Star?" Hey, you don't have to ask me twice!
2cute, hang in there, it's almost D-day!
Meliss, So how is the new job?
Lucky, put the rake down and get in here!!!

Hi to everyone else...I'm off to find Dr Phil...
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:09 AM   #15  

Smile Had to share this!

I was driving to work, thinking about Dr. Phil, dieting, losing weight etc. I came up over and hill and SLAMMED on my brakes.

There in the middle of the highway was a bull "mounted" on the back of a female cow!!!! THIS I had to watch so early in the morning!!!!

When they were done they walked off into the ditch and I proceeded on my way to work.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote