Old 03-12-2004, 04:01 PM   #16  
a work in progress...

Default Once I'm feeling better, there's no getting rid of me!

I checked out the Oxycise website, read up on it...was intrigued, so I thought...hmmm...how much? Not bad, I thought, $29.95 for the tape, book and commuter tape...BUT...then they tack on about $20 in postage!!! I scampered over to half.com, but the tapes were not in stock at the moment, so I ordered the book for $3.50! Should be here by Monday! The thing that intrugued me most was the fact that quite a few people on the message boards had commented on how much YOUNGER they look since using this system. Lately I've been looking so god-awful old and hagged out. Did I tell you about my passport photo, taken last week? (I've tried to post so many times and been "gobbled," so bear with me if I repeat myself too much!) I think I startled the guy who was taking the pictures with my gasp of horror! "I look like an exhumed corpse!" He didn't disagree!

So, yes, anything that can help me lose weight, and look younger...I'm all for it! Thanks, BarbG!!

Back to laundry...
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 04:07 PM   #17  
a work in progress...

One more thing...Connie...that guy was just giving his honest opinion, I think. Doesn't mean you have to agree with him! He seems earnest and in need of a buddy. I hope he finds one.

*On second thought...if he was a normal sized guy making that comment, I'D be pissed too!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 03-13-2004 at 05:04 AM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 04:55 PM   #18  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quick note to Kat:

You are right, I dont eat enough vegetables. I think I got sick of them because last week I lived off of the Mcdonald's Caesar salad...and the other day i made a salad out of greens that had been in the fridge a BIT too long, and I ended up eating a pretty icky wilted salad. Blech!! So now I can't seem to get that out of my mind. I think my stomach has pretty much recovered.

My FAVE vegetable snack is Olive oil and vinegar on raw broccoli...yum!!!

Last edited by MissMeliss; 03-12-2004 at 09:00 PM.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:14 PM   #19  
BELIEVE!

Hi Everyone!
Not stopping to chat, but stopping in to say Hello . I'm thinking about you all!!!
Love Ya!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:58 PM   #20  
working off those pounds

Melissa's goals for next week:

*Stay under 30 WW points every day
*do Ab-Doer three times
*keep writing down the foods i eat
*no carbs in my body until lunchtime
*keep up with the water drinking
Old 03-13-2004, 06:54 AM   #21  
I'm on my way!

Peeking in...or should I say slithering in?????

Sorry I have been so absent for so long....I started that new job and we have been working 8-6 and I still have those three classes that had research papers due and now this coming week I have finals...and then there was Andrew to take care of and John and the house and the laundry and we are in the process of laying a new kitchen floor...so please forgive me!

After finals I have a week inbetween free until the next semester starts and I am taking Human resource management, Intro to Lit, music and Art, and English comp III - such a glutton I am....

I noticed we have a couple of newbies! Welcome to the group...I know its pretty belated but its always nice to see new faces!!

Ok gotta run! TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 08:20 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Do you know what makes a person really angry at 7:00 am Saturday morning?

No, its not being awake at 7:00 am.

Its not being able to post for over a week with your favorite ladies around the country; having sent out mean emails to the ISP support center because they are worthless; having wanted to cry many times because of feeling so loney; racking your brain on what is wrong with the computer and FINALLY, FINALLY get back here, write a nice post and have it LOST. That's what ticks a person off on Saturday morning!

Well, I'm here and not sure if it will last. I have plugged directly into my work laptop from the cable modem and was able to get here without being on work's LAN. I wanted to jump in and post before I plugged back into the wireless router and tried it again and then the other laptop. Good grief, this whole mess has been maddening - because no one can say why I'm having trouble. I can access other websites but I cannot get here or to AOL IM. I've been so mad at Comast that I've been checking out SBC Yahoo DSL. But its costly too and don't want to have to commit to a year because what if its no better or worse on other things.

Anyway, as I was saying earlier. Work has been very difficult this week. I've given six reviews in three days and am braindead. My retired military guy is always difficult. He cannot take constructive criticism in any way. If I mention something, then he wants an example, if I give an example, he wants to argue that particular situation instead of listening for the trend in performance. He turns it into a personal situation - that I'm blaiming him, that I'm accusing him, that I don't like him - all words from yesterday's conversation. Then he said that I didn't spend enough time supervising him to really know what he's doing. I was irritated at him before that comment and pi$$ed off seeing red after. My answer to that was, if you don't like me as a supervisor, you know what to do. Then I explained all the reasons why I was unhappy with him - because he couldn't listen to anything, because I get feedback that he doesn't know what he's doing, because I can't even talk to him without him turning it into a confrontation. I think he was a little surprised. But then he comes up with "I've had people threaten to kill me on the Gaza Strip, so you being mad at me isn't anything". Guess what pal, you're in Kansas now. He's a hard one. He's a good guy until you want him to change behavior. Then all I want to do it hit him with a board. A thick one.

So with all that mess going on, I've barely had time to read and retain anything at work and haven't had the energy to work on the computers at home. I've missed you all!

I will admit that food has been bad and exercise practically non-existant this week. Its been PMS week so I've had bottomless pit days and then still feel hungry. I vow that starting today, I'm going to not let the stress keep me off my plan. I've only gained three pounds since breaking my foot and I don't want anymore of that.

I will have to chime in on my favorite shows. Survivor! What a boring show and how stupid to vote Colby off so soon. I hope they loss all their challenges. Jerri thinks she's all that and Shi-Ann is just a negative whiney brat. If she had been paddling with the correct end of the paddle, maybe they would have won. I'm so glad to see Sue gone. What a faker with her humiliated, traumatized, yadayadayada show. American Idol! We missed the Tuesday night show and saw the Wed show where they picked the three wildcards. That last guy was awful! I can't think of names but he was bad. The Apprentice! I was so glad to see Omarosa fired. She was just plain obnoxious. I've missed what she's going to sue about. The concussion or race? Not a good way to prove that you're head of a company material. And Heidi. What did she ever do? She's not a leader either. I think its going to come down to Nick the copier salesman or Troy the cowboy. Everyone thinks Amy is great but all I've seen her do is do something related to using sex or just sit back and watch. She might be in the top two.

Okay, I'm going to get out of here and see if I can get back on with through the wireless.

Have a great Saturday!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:01 AM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

OH TERRI !!!!! It is sooo good to have you back among us again.
Did you try your other computers??? You were definitely missed .

That American Idol guy was definitely BAD !!! I don't believe for one minute that he won on his own. I thought he was just as bad when he got into the top 32.
I think the telephone lines messed up or something. There is NO WAY he got the most votes. I hope he is the first to go next week... but I don't think he will be.
OH well.

Well ladies... I am babysitting. I kept them up late last night hoping they would sleep late.... but that didn't work. LOL The dog woke me up at 6am and they were up at 7.
Hopefully we can all take a nap at noon. My daughter is flying in from Chicago at 4pm this afternoon so I have to be sure I get them down early so we can leave in time to pick my daughter up. She has pretty much made her decision to go to University of Michigan so I may be seeing Thinthinker a couple times a year. I have got to lose this darn weight for one more reason... to be able to fly. That is one longggggggg drive.

No replys today. the grandbabies want my attention. Even though they love "The Wiggles" ... they want grandma to watch with them. LOL
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 01:48 PM   #24  
BELIEVE!

YAY!!! Terri and Michelle got back in here to us!!! I missed you both so much!

It's a sunny and somewhat chilly/windy day here, but I just had to get outside! So, I decided to go explore some of the surrounding parks and walking trails. I went to one down on the Delaware River - and walked along the shore for a little while - a little too windy being on the water. Then I went to one closer to my house and did the little path - I wasn't sure where it went and turned out to be fairly short. It did feel good to get some fresh air and sunshine!

I hope you are all having a great Saturday!

Cya later!
Barb
Old 03-13-2004, 03:42 PM   #25  
working off those pounds

Connie:
I went to the buddy up thread to see what you were talking about. That guy over there has a serious issue. For those of you who are curious, there is a man 400+ pounds..he recently graduated from college and is now in the work force or something..and he wants to date. He says in his opinion "fat people shouldnt date...it's just not healthy." Ok, my concern isn't "oh this poor man must feel like he is too fat to date!" I have a feeling he says this because he would never date an overweight woman, so decides he needs to lose weight instead so that he can date a thin one.
Now, imagine this man losing weight....now we have a thin man saying "fat people shouldn't date." That's scary!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 05:49 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I've confirmed that its something with the wireless router. I now have my laptop plugged directly into the cable modem and have access. I tried this three days ago but forgot I had to enable the local network since I wasn't going through the wireless. This is too freakin' complicated. But at least I can figure out how to get here.

Albeit, not for long! I have to go shower since I am going to ladies night out poker. I've never played poker other than machines.

Its a cool dreary March day here. DH and I went to the factory oak outlet and bought a couple of pieces for the kitchen. Ever since his mom insisted we have her hutch when she moved into the retirement apartment, I have hated my pieces. We are getting rid of my hutch and a bookcase and replacing with a nice cart for the corner to sit the TV on and store cookbooks and a medium size buffet to hide other stuff in. I'm hoping to have the kitchen painted a nice warm taupe this week.

Then we were off to Rhodes to buy a metal bed frame that I have been wanting for several years. I found one we both like and was ticked that they wouldn't bargain on the price or delivery. What kind of furniture store doesn't bargain on the price? I got my hutch of $30 less than he was asking. Should have gone for $25 more!

I've watched Whale Rider this afternoon. We just signed up for NetFlix and love it.

Okay, gotta run. Wish me luck tonight!

Love ya all!

Albeit, not for long! I have to go shower since I am going to ladies night out poker. I've never played poker other than machines.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 06:13 PM   #27  
BELIEVE!

Terri - I love poker night! I want to come with you.

I just bought Mona Lisa Smile - getting ready to curl up on the couch and watch it.

Bye for now!

Barb
Old 03-13-2004, 09:28 PM   #28  

Jen: Congrats on being in Onederland!!!!

Mary: I miss you. How is the library? Peter? Son?

BarbPA:
Quote:
Should we round up a hunky single guy and mail him to you for some body heat?
YES!!!!! It was warm for a little while this morning - so I raked a little but the wind is back. If I had a hunky guy to distract me the noisy wind wouldn't bother me so much!!!

Judy:
Quote:
Ingrid - I'm single myself and looking - if I find a rich rancher I will send him your way - I'm a city girl. (can a 47 year old woman be considered a city girl?)
I want to point out I am way older than Ingrid and so I should get first dibs on any ranchers you find!!!! I live on a farm so that's not TOO far from a ranch!!!!

Kat: Happy to hear Thong Boy is taking good care of you!!

All that wind today has made me tired.

Later,
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:10 PM   #29  
Hang In There

MEN!! Lucky, Ingrid, either one of you are more than welcome to mine tonight!

We have had two months of craziness because of getting this new manufacturing plant up and running. I have been trying so hard to fill in the slack because DH has been at the plant and not at the office. Well yesterday he came to the office and was on a tear, becauseI didn't do everything the EXACT same way he does! The checks were still posted, the money taken to the bank, the inventory check in, etc, etc, etc, but because I didn't put little check marks here, and little dots there, he didn't think I'd done anything. Well to make a long story shorter, he finally realize that he was being a jerk and side to make up for it, he'd take me to RED LOBSTER tonight. (I love RL and he hates it) So he took me, and made it obvious to everyone that he hated it, only ate a few bites of his fish, and sat there with his arms crossed while i ate every bite of mine. I blew all that off, determined that he wasn't going to ruin my night out!

So what do we do after dinner? We go to the tool store, I walk up and down every aisle, and I spend 30 minutes waiting for him to decide on what tool box to buy! Sometimes I think they are not worth the hassle
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:16 PM   #30  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Wow, it feels like ages since I've been able to get here! Good news on the work front... This last week I was called in for a full 40 hours, and then someone quit, so I got hired immediately for full time! Wahoo!!! It has been a very long week. By the time I finish up tonight, I'll have put in 70 hours. That is a whole lot more than I'm used to, and I've been a zombie until today. Things will settle out next week a bit and the following week will be a regular schedule. My body is going to be so relieved. I've been sleeping every single chance I can find.

Because of all the work time, my house was a total wreck. I'm talking light a match and walk away type disaster area. Yesterday one of my SIL's decided to move herself fully into saint status and came over while I was at work and started cleaning with my eldest daughter. She recruited her husband (I told you it was bad!) and they all plowed through two rooms for deep cleaning and the main rooms for straightening up. I just wanted to cry when I came home. What an amazing gift to give someone! Even better, they came back today and we sorted through boxes and bags of clothes and stuff. My entire trunk and back seat of the car is loaded up with items we are donating.

After doing all that work, I told my SIL that she needs to start up a business doing this. I would pay hundreds to have her do this with me! In fact, I was already making plans to set aside some money and ask her to help when she just did it out of the blue anyway.

Enough of my cleaner home, I have other cool news to share. I got a readout from Curves the other day. I have now lost 63.5 inches! I was so excited! Thin, this program works. I am so glad you are doing it as well. I made it 3 times last week. It is definitely high on my priority list. I put it before sleep!

One other super cool thing, then I need to head to bed for a nap before going to work tonight. I can now walk up stairs consistently without having to do a funky one-step kind of thing. Even better, I can also go down them now! It is slow and not every time, but I couldn't even try it a month ago. My knee is finally healing, and I am SOOOOO happy!

I'm still journaling (love DietPower) and have decided to stop being shy and silly about working out during the boring times at my night job. I have all this quiet down time, several hours a night, and I've taken to walking the halls and doing stretches. My SIL has a tai chi video I'm going to borrow and see if I can follow well enough without sound. Come to think of it, the sound wouldn't help anyway. It's in Chinese.

Chicks, I feel like I've rounded another corner and am really moving ahead with my program. It feels so good to be me!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote