Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 11:41 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Fi I hope we get to see the collage before you send it off.
Sam keep pushing!
Terra is this your first attempt at making a quilt? What kind of job are you hoping for?
Betsy love how you planted the berries for the grands! Have fun on your tour! OK just try to survive it. Like my curtains and the chair is on life support so no worries.
Lots to do today. Banking, grocery shopping, hanging my new curtains, gardening, wood pile...
Old 07-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Hey ya'll alive but still fighting the cold. Manged to gain weight which is amazing because I can't actually taste anything. Usually I maintain or drop weight while sick lol. Odd ah well, I'll feel better and be back on track eventually.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!!

So glad it's the weekend!! Got off work and managed to sit down for 10 minutes before I got a call from one of my good friends who was doing a girl's hair for her birthday party and wanted her makeup done. I ended up doing it because I need the money and everything looked great!

My legs and thighs especially are sore today from my work out last night. I decided to take a break tonight since I know I'll more than likely be working out Saturday and Sunday at some point.

Just getting down to eat dinner. I got us a chicken and green beans with corn on the cob. I'm pretty tired so it'll be a early night and hope to get up early to get some stuff done.

Have a great night everyone!
Old 07-19-2014, 01:29 AM   #94  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Grace and I had a great time tonight! I mean, like an AWESOME time. We spent 8 1/2 hours together and did so much! I'd be hard put to describe it all. Just a few random selections:
—I taught her about 25 new words, because every word I used that she didn't know, I wrote down on a pad of paper and showed her how to break it into its component parts and analyze the etymology.
—I taught her a whole lot about chocolate toxicity in dogs, starting with the scientific name of the cocoa plant and what compounds it contains and where it comes from historically, and proceeding through your interview of the person who brings the dog in, what makes you suspect chocolate poisoning, how to work it up to get objective data on how severe the poisoning is, and how to treat the mild, moderate and severe forms. I even included some tips on how to save the customer money by working a little harder on inexpensive urine tests and forgoing the easy-to-analyze but overly expensive bloodwork.
—Bob came up with an antique slide rule that belonged to his grandfather, gave it to Grace, and she was utterly thrilled to have such an essential "geek prop." Then I showed her how to do simple multiplication with it and introduced the notion of significant figures and standard error deviation: she just ate that stuff up!
—I counseled her on the importance of curiosity and observation, then engineered a couple of pop quizzes on her observational skills, which turned out to be really lousy. =laugh= Don't worry: I'll get her up to speed in no time.
—We told each other a whole bunch of personal stories about ourselves, so much so that we were laughing and talking so fast we had to take turns making ourselves stop to do something substantive like working together on my cat collage and planning a collage we're going to collaborate on for Bob's mother's (Grace's great-grandmother's) 90th birthday in August.
—I gave her a detailed lesson in precision cutting, an essential skill for any collage artist: we started with my cutting out something complicated w/ many gnarly bits, narrating my process—what I was doing with my eyes and with the scissors. Then it was her turn: she chose to cut out something very difficult and she did a bangup job of it. The girl has talent!
—We discovered we both adore sailing, and she'd just gotten back from a sailing camp with both Sunfish & racing sloops, so oh man, did the sailing stories unfold, all the way through our pizza dinner (Greek salad for me, of course) with Bob, where he told the funniest sailing story of all, one that had Grace and me both in stitches.

And that doesn't begin to list all the amazing things that happened. I love Grace very much! She's like both a new best friend and the most ideal student I have ever met. Where has she been all my life? We're 45 years apart in age, but it makes no difference at all: we think the same things are funny, we agree on what the important values are, we talk about popular music with enthusiasm, we love the same movies, we even like the same kinds of shoes....

Betsy— Grace and I are not, repeat NOT, creating memories here. We are living in the here and now with gusto, and the future be damned! Her mother says that as long as it's not a school night, Grace has no curfew with me, so party on, is what I say to that. We talked about so many things we want to do together tonight, it'll be a year before we've checked off even half of 'em. =big wide Texas grin=

Last edited by Fiona W; 07-19-2014 at 03:33 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #95  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Its my first attempt of making a quilt on my own, All of the quilts I've made have been with the help of my grandma. I want go into Data Entry work.

I woke up at 7:00 AM, I wanted to sleep in today but my back was hurting when I woke up at 7 so I went ahead and got up. Since I've been up I've let Clyde outside and I gave him fresh food and I took my pills, Right now Im still eating breakfast even though its now noon lol, Soup takes a long time to eat at least it does when I eat it. I ordered another Walk Away The Pounds DVD cause I didnt know you could order a WATP's DVD that had up to 5 mile walks on it which is the most you can walk in the Walk Away The Pound DVD Series so Im gonna send my other WATP's dvd to my best friend because she's also trying to lose weight, I just wish I would of looked through all of the WATP's DVD's on Amazon before I ordered my first one, Oh well though. I'll get my new DVD Monday. Anyway Im gonna walk after I finish my soup and then I'll walk again tonight and I'll do the same thing tomorrow and so on.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:58 PM   #96  

Good Afternoon!
Terra that is very nice of you to give your dvd to your friend. Hopefully you will both have success walking off the pounds!
Fi it all sounds so lovely. Glad you are having such a great time!
Sam do you and hubby have plans for the weekend?
Silent hope you are better and back to being my party girl in no time!
Way too much food yesterday and today...
Have a fun day!
Old 07-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #97  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Thanks, I hope we will both of success walking off the pounds also.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #98  

Checking in...

Visited my mom and grandma today...I've been a bad kid and haven't gone over for a visit in over a month apparently lol...They're doing well. My mom gave me 2 shirts, one was hideous and that's why she tried pawning it off on me lol...but it was an xl and a button up top and it fit!! She told me to put it with my stuff that needs to go to good will if I didn't want it.

DH was not feeling good so I went on a walk on my own and a friend met up with me after I had been walking for awhile. I did my longest walk yet and I'm still REALLY sore after I went to the gym on Thursday. I walked 4.44 miles today!!

Excited for tomorrow's weigh in! I'm off here!! Will take the time to do personals tomorrow....Ubee I'm gonna try and drag the hubbs out to the beach tomorrow!!
Old 07-20-2014, 09:50 AM   #99  
Turning Into A New Woman

I got up at 7:00 AM, So far today I've let Clyde outside and gave Clyde fresh food, He already has fresh water and now Im eating breakfast, My plans for today is to get my evening 30 min walk in. As soon as I get my MP3 player Im gonna start walking outside in the morning and I'll do my evening walk to the WATP's dvd. I also gonna take a shower later on today too. I cant wait until dinner though we're having steak,chicken and shrimp KaBob's
Old 07-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #100  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies.. I hope everyone is having an awesome Sunday.

Ubee can you redo the one chair to match the curtains? I always end up doing something different to furniture when I buy new curtains. Or change a piece in my house.

Fiona, It sounds like you had a fabulous time with Grace. Good for you! I'm sure you guys are going to make some awesome memories and live in the moment all at the same time.

Terra, that dinner sounds awesome!! Great job on the walking.

Sam that's an impressive walk. Good for you. Oh how I wish I was around a beach. I love the water.

The last week has been exhausting. I've gained 3 pounds didn't lose any my first week back OP. Not sure why either because the first week which was 2 weeks ago was perfect with my calories the only thing I did different was the slim fast shakes I did most of the week 1 or 2 a day. So not sure why I didn't lose any. I'm not giving up just tired and feeling a little sicky today. I cannot get sick my son's birthday is tomorrow and were taking him wherever he wants to go in the morning and then Peter Piper in the evening for his party. He's so excited. He's going to be six. I ask him, "you can do anything you want tomorrow, what do you want to do"? All he tells me is he wants to walk around the neighborhood. lol... So cute. So that will definitely be one of the things we do tomorrow. I was thinking of taking him to the library and maybe an arcade to play some games. Not sure though.
I woke up so puffy and tired today. Usually after work I wake up tired anyway because I don't get allot of sleep on the weekends, but today it was worse than other days. My eyes were all puffy, my feet hurt, everything hurt. Blah!! I have got to get back on track.
Now that I have officially cut out soda it's been almost 3 months. My next goal is to eliminate my night time eating. I have a habit of coming home after work and just eating anything that's quick and easy. Whether I'm hungry or not I just eat. When I'm not working it's the same thing. I go and get cookies, or ice cream, or whatever to eat right before bed while I'm watching t.v. I need to stop this. So this will be my next goal for myself.

I hope you ladies have a great Sunday!!
Old 07-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #101  
rockin' my 60s!

Betsy— Ever since I said that thing about how Grace and I are not creating memories, I've been feelin' bad about it. I think the notion of creating good memories is a fine one, and it's a nice way to think about what we do for/with our younger relatives. I was just really pumped up on what's happening with Grace in the present moment, and rather full of beans to boot. So I hope if I came across too strong, you'll forgive me. =tentative smile=
Old 07-20-2014, 12:51 PM   #102  

Well I'm on my computer which makes it a little bit easier to check in with you guys and a lot easier to type LOL....

Fi So glad you and Grace had such a great time this weekend...I think after the week you had you really needed some quality time with her to help you out and make you feel better, which it looked like it helped a lot!!

Angie I didn't get a chance to address you when you first posted that you were back....So welcome back dear!! Great job on cutting out the soda...I know how hard that is!! It sounds like you have great goals set for yourself, just keep pushing and you can accomplish anything! I hope you and your son have a great day on his birthday tomorrow! 6 is an awesome age to be!!

Ubee I updated my avatar especially for you since you have had problems with seeing my instagram photos that showed my progress. Hopefully you can see it ok on here

Betsy I know you won't be checking in until early next week, but I hope you've had a nice time with the grands this weekend!!!

Terra That's really nice of you to give your DVD to a friend whose looking to lose weight too....you are doing so well I am so happy for you!! Keep on pushin girl and let your butterfly wings soar!!!

As for me today is my weekly weigh in...I've lost 3.8 lbs this week! That puts me at 70.4 lbs lost!! WOOT WOOT!! I also lost a total of 5 inches on my body this week EEEKKK!!! Double happiness over here!! I think the gym helped out with that a lot and I'm going to try to go 2 or 3 times a week with my friend depending on when she can go. She told me she wouldn't be able to go until Tuesday so I guess I'll be going then. Was hoping to get to go today but she said she couldn't go for whatever reason...I need to push her more I think lol...

I was hoping to go to the beach today but it looks like it's going to storm here anytime now so I guess that's a no go. DH is in a foul mood so lucky me gets to deal with an attitude today. He wasn't feeling good last night so I ended up doing my walk by myself for most of the time until my friend was able to come. DH said he wants to try to go on a walk later so we'll see. If not I'll just go by myself....It may be good for me to get out of this house and not deal with his foul mood lol...That's got me thinking I do need to get some stuff from the grocery store, and clean out my car so maybe I will get myself together and do that just to get away from him...When he's bein all whiny I have a hard time wanting to be around him...as I'm sure he is with me when I'm like that haha...I still love the fool anyway

I hope everyone has a great day and stay OP!!! Sending all the love and good thoughts and motivation to everyone!!!
Old 07-20-2014, 04:07 PM   #103  
rockin' my 60s!

Wow... this week the theme for the collage blog I'm on is "Body Image." I just about freaked out. And then I made this. Please, if you look at the image, read what I wrote underneath... My mind is in a whirl.

Last edited by Fiona W; 07-20-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #104  

Good Day!
I had two parties today. Good food and too much. I had planned to splurge but I did go overboard. No supper tonight. I'm not even hungry.
Fi thanks for sharing your collage. It made me wonder how many of us use our weight as a protective barrier for all our individual reasons.
Sam sorry if I missed it but is the gym thing a friend only thing or do you also go by yourself. I cleaned my car too today. The more I get my life organized/under control I'm thinking the more I'll get my eating under control. Your new picture is AMAZING! Be proud!
Angie I'm no expert but it sounds like your body is hanging onto some water. Hang in there. Enjoy your sons birthday because before you know it 10 years will pass and his driving lessons will turn your hair gray!
Terra I love kabobs! It has been years. Funny how I can forget about certain foods. I need to get walking again. I'll let you know how I do tomorrow.
Betsy your weekend is over. How was it???
Silent if you are not better PLEASE get your butt to the doctor. I miss you!
Sugar how are you!
Anyone else lurking? Jump in and let's drop some pounds!!!
Old 07-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #105  
Turning Into A New Woman

Angelia ~ Thanks for encouraging me to keep walking, The dinner was great

Sam ~ Yeah at least it will help her and she'll get some use out of it so I didnt waste my mind and I didnt have to throw it away which would of been a waste of money, I told her I was gonna buy her the dvd that has all 5 miles on it for Christmas.

Ubee ~ Yeah, I love Kabob's too, We dont have them that often so when we do its a real treat. Yeah I walked earlier then I planned yesterday cause I didnt have anything else to do and there wasnt anything on T.V cause it was Sunday so I thought I might as well work out so thats what I did, Im excited to hear about how your walking went yesterday.

I woke up at 6:00 AM but I stayed in bed trying to fall back asleep for 20 mins but when 6:20 came I thought I might as well get up cause I cant fall back to sleep, So far today I've done the usual every morning things which are let Clyde Outside,Give Clyde fresh food and water if he needs fresh water and I took my pills. Right now Im cooking breakfast, While breakfast is cooking Im just posting on here and on two other message boards, My plans for today is to get my walks in and to go to Walmart when mom gets home at 2 pm and thats it.
Closed Thread