Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #31  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Debbie, glad things are going well for you.

Judy, thanks for the encouragement.

I was just a little over a pound away from meeting my goal for the diet bet. I don't think I'll win this month either, but I'm hoping I'll be able to catch up in month 3 or 4 when the goal goes down to 2% and then 1%. I have to make some of this money back!

Snow here today. !

How's everyone else doing?

POP since Feb. 24 (15-day streak) -- WI on Feb. 24: 280

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 03-12-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #32  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Ladies, I'm declaring today a good one. I have to find something to eat to even come close to my daily WW points. That's unusual.

It was raining this morning then the temp dropped and the snow blew in. So far, as long as your not driving, it hasn't been too bad. About 6" new snow with 1"-4" still on the way. Problem is winds will pick up to 30 mph and we'll be around 5º by morning. I went out and opened and closed the car doors after the switch to snow so hopefully the car won't be frozen shut tomorrow.

Deb: Glad you and the kids got outside. We are supposed to be in the 40s on Friday.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:52 AM   #33  

Height: 5'7"

I didn't have a op day yesterday. I did good till our meal at church last night. It was breakfast foods. I was given a casserole that has a sage stuffing as the bottom layer. It was not good and I couldn't eat it. I ate a biscuit and a bit of fruit. Everyone was eating doughnuts and I got one. I had really done great limiting bad carbs but it seems like if I eat carbs it makes me crave more.
I have a healthy day planned today.
Judy we are at 16 this morning but will be near 50 today. Forcast is for 50-62 for the next week. I love 70s, but not ready to run the air and my upstaira was really warm the other night.
Scales are down a couple if lbs. hubby is down 7 in just 2 weeks.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #34  
Vortex

Judy, hope that snow melts quickly for you. We had about an inch yesterday but it was sunny in the afternoon, so a lot of it's gone.

Deb, WTG for you and hubby on the weigh-ins! Potlucks or other situations where you don't know the menu in advance are TOUGH, no doubt about it. Good job planning for a recovery day.

Doing fine here. Scale's been headed steadily downward. I know it'll stop at some point, at the very least when TOM decides it's time to roll into town. But I'm going to stick to the plan for at least this 30-day trial period and then in all likelihood I'll stick with it as long as it's producing results. I just have to prepare not to get derailed by slowing of my loss, special events, or depression.

One thing that might help is I'm working on a plan for getting some order into my life. That might help stave off the unexpected blues that often are my undoing.

POP since Feb. 24 (16-day streak) -- WI on Feb. 24: 280
Old 03-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #35  

Didn't get too WW this morning. It took me 45 minutes to clean off and deice the car.It was 7º when I left for the meeting. The roads are like a greasy washboard. I just wasn't comfortable driving any distance on them so I came back home and will go to a different location and weigh in tomorrow morning. I'd go later today but I don't think it'll warm up enough for road salt to start working. We'll see.

Had a POP day yesterday. Stayed in all day. It nearly killed me as I like to get outdoors everyday. 5 minutes of shoveling for the dog just didn't cut it.

Deb, Angela - Feels great to be losing, doesn't it? Good job!

Lets make today POP!
Old 03-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #36  

Had a pop day yesterday. Cooked a big breakfast today and will really have to work to stay under 1500. After talking with my kids and hubby and a dear friend I am convinced I was to low on calories at 1200. So giving 1500-1600 a month or so.
Working on sprucing things up a bit here. Spring is in the air. Even if snow is forcast for Sunday night lol
Old 03-14-2014, 09:27 AM   #37  
Vortex

Judy, hope WI goes well tomorrow. Hope those roads clear up for you, too!

Deb, wow, didn't realize you were at 1200. Hope your new experiment works out well.

My scale is up a bit this morning, but I'm pretty sure it's just from jogging. I noticed this last month when I tried to push myself with jogging--if my legs are sore the next morning, the scale WILL be up. So I had a cup of white tea this morning--supposed to be like 10 times the anti-inflammatory power of green tea--and I'll keep pushing water today, but definitely need to give my legs some recovery days.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #38  

Went to weigh in today at the only WW location nearby that's open on Friday. I wonder If I could get them to deliver the scale I was on to my regular meeting spot. I lost 3 lbs!

Roads are 99% better than yesterday, main roads have only a few icy spots left. Village streets are still pretty awful. Lots of snow over ice but with temps shooting up today they should be able to get them cleared.

Angela, I've never tried white tea. Where did you get it? Does it have any flavor?

Deb, I think 1500/day is a better goal too.

You all have a great day.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #39  

My older daughter came home Friday to visit. The baby was so fussy with his tummy. Out of all the kids I have kept and been around he is the most miserable little one I have ever seen. He is on medicine for it but they may have to change it again. I took the night shift and let my daughter sleep except for his nursing time. I got less than 2 hours of sleep. I truly don't know how my daughter is functioning. She has to go back to work in 2 wks. I worry about her.

We had a great day yesterday. Hubby and I ran to walmart and then did some other shopping. I got some fantastic deals at goodys. We ate lunch out. We came home and did a few things outside and even cleaned up the car.
Today we will be getting rain sleet and snow. Hope the 70 degree temps yesterday warmed the ground enough to keep it from sticking.

Scales just yo-yo back and forth within a 5 lb range.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #40  

I would love to clean out my car but everything would just get coated in salt again. Think I'll wait and just plan to toss the salt stiffened, rubber mats after mud season.

Deb, I'm so sorry your grand baby has tummy troubles. It's so frustrating when we can't help them feel better.

Yesterday was POP! YAY.

Cold today. Only going up to twenty degrees. Warming during the week.

Have a super Sunday!
Old 03-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Still struggling to adjust to new schedule. The weekend has been consumed with negotiating trying to sell my parents home. I think I've accomplished this with a decent deal for them.

Food has been pretty good - taking my lunch has kept the calories down for sure. I don't even know where the vending machines are in this new building and plan to keep it that way.

Haven't made it to the pool but think the schedule will allow it.

You guys are doing so well - was fun to read what's gone on this last week.

Let's do this!
Old 03-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #42  
Vortex

Judy, Congrats on the loss! About white tea, I find a couple different white teas in the two grocery stores I go to. It has a very mild flavor, but it's not entirely flavorless. Like a very mild black tea. The ones I find all have something else in them--right now I have a white peony (who knows what peonies taste like? it's fragrant though) and another box of white with peppermint and one with ginger and lemon grass.

Carol, hope you feel settled in to the new schedule soon. Great to hear eating's been going okay for you in spite of the change.

Things are going okay here. Staying POP. TOM's on his way, though, and so the scale is stalled. But I know it's temporary and just have to stay patient for as long as it takes. Stay the course!!!

POP since Feb. 24 (19-day streak) -- WI on Feb. 24: 280
Old 03-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #43  

I had a good day on Sunday. My calories were on target but sodium was sky high and the results are a 4lb jump on the scales overnight. Lots and lots of water is the plan for today.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:45 AM   #44  
Vortex

Hey, Debbie, I'm right there with you, retaining water and finding it annoying when it shows on the scale!

I have a small challenge today: dinner out with some co-workers. But I know where we're going and I've planned what I'll order and worked that into my menu for the day. It'll leave me with one point at the end of the day, so if I can keep any snacking I do to 1 point, I'll still end the day on plan. Which means I should not have to think about what I'm eating for the rest of the day, so, voila, I'm going to stop thinking about what I'm eating now!

Spring break is over, and I'm anticipating a week full of looooong days. From here until May, it's going to be hectic, but I'm working on developing "time peace" in the hope of not getting over-stressed and continuing to find time for important things like posting here, exercising, and staying sane.

Here's to a great OP week!
Old 03-18-2014, 06:46 AM   #45  

I had a really productive day yesterday. I'm hoping to have another one today.
My scales are inching upward. I'm still going to stay with the calorie increase.
Tom is a no show and this is very strange for me. I'm hoping he won't return!! How did your body react during the change and at what age did you go thru it?
Closed Thread