Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 07:37 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Three days in a row at the pool really have me feeling more energetic. I think I will go again tomorrow and then will have to figure out how to get there after work a couple of times next week.

No new recipe tried this week but a few oldies pulled out.

Let's do this!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:55 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I am eating huge meals and a quick look today shows that in the first 5 days this week I have lost 4 pounds

Today was POP at 1,018 calories. I have not exceeded my calorie goal a single day since December 30, 2013
Old 02-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #63  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Looks like this is our last "high temp in the teens" day for a while. Warming up slowly tomorrow and above freezing by Tuesday! YAY!

I'm holding on to POP days. Trying for another today.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #64  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Made up my mind to change things starting next week, but did not stay OP over the weekend.

Let's have a great week, everyone.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #65  

Yesterday I was just barely under my calorie goal but I was not on my Volumetrics Plan

I gave into my DW desires and picked up a pizza from Pizza Hut. Tasted good but nothing healthy there for me.

The great news is that today is my weekly weigh in day. I am down 4 pounds for the week.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #66  
Vortex

WTG Larry.

On the WI, that is, not the pizza.

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 02-17-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:12 PM   #67  

I fell apart a bit yesterday - one of those bite of this, piece of that and just couldn't satisfy. Today has been POP but I didn't make it to the pool. Still struggling with that at the end of a tough work day.

Angela - how's the competition coming?

Let's do this!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #68  

Calories were once again too low to say I was on plan today. Only 825 calories and my plan is for 1,700 calories.

I had a normal lunch, roast pork, baked potato and boiled cabbage. Dinner was an enormous vegetable stew of which I ate 5 large bowls. Now I am stuffed.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:47 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hello! I've been doing okay. I've stopped my daily donut runs (notice I didn't really highlight those as they were happening) and eating is more under control. Thanks to all the danged snow, I'm getting exercise several days a week. So that's all something.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:48 AM   #70  

Stepped on the scale this morning and the bite of this and piece of that sent it up over 3 lbs. These weekends of "relaxation" need to be tightened up.

Let's do this!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:08 AM   #71  

Height: 5'7"

I stepped on the scales and they jumped 7lbs in a week. The past week has been half on half off. I know the weekend was high on sodium. So pushing water starts back today.
Healthy food is planned for today. Sun should be bright today!! Not warm enough to take kids out. I keep promising them we will go for a walk soon. I think they are as sick of this house as I am!!!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #72  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

My last few days have been pretty good. Yesterday was low on fruits and veggies but the rest was okay.

One of my Aunts is being buried this morning. I went to the wake yesterday but I have to skip the service. My knees were really painful yesterday and although they're better today I don't think I could easily get up and out of a narrow pew this morning. We are also expecting some snow and slipping on snow covered icy parking lot is a scary thought. I drove past the small, country church yesterday and the lot was glare ice.

Weekends can be a challenge for me too. I got through the past one POP though. It was an unusual occurrence. :wink:

Have a wonderful day and remember to do something nice for yourself.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #73  

I made myself fajitas for lunch today and will have them again for dinner. I am the worlds best at skipping lunch or grabbing a slimfast.
My youngest daughter is an RN and she came in last wk one day and said that my dr was chewing a nurse out for drinking them. He said they are hard on your gallbladder liver and kidneys. Guess I know what killed my gallbladder. Don't need kidney or liver issues.
I will be looking for easy lunches that are not frozen. I'm really trying to cut out processes foods as much as possible.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #74  
Vortex

Howdy, all. Took a fall on the ice this morning but nothing broken. Yay.

Heather, So glad you're doing well! I keep wondering how the winter is treating you.

Debbie, here's hoping you get outside soon. The ice is melting here and we're supposed to get plain rain tomorrow, so we may have flooding, but we should be able to get outside finally.

As far as easy lunches go, I'm loving Gopicnic box lunches. I know you're trying to cut down processed food, and these aren't unprocessed, but they're mostly gluten-free, some items are preservative free, some items are organic. They run between about 320 and 480 calories; I tend to eat the turkey ones which are on the low end of that. And super-duper convenient. Better than Slimfast for sure.

Judy: Sorry to hear about your aunt. You did the right thing staying home. Believe me, when I fell this morning, all the things that *could* have happened were really clear to me and I wondered why the heck I thought this meeting was so critical that I had to go. And then I helped send a student to the ER who had fallen, and we've had falls all over campus. Sometimes the weather just wins and we have to accept it.

Carol, You asked about the diet bet. I won't make it for the first one. It was pretty outrageous--the 4-week bets are for 4% of your body weight, which, you know, if you weight 200 pounds, that's 2 pounds a week, but for me that was 11 pounds, which was probably overly optimistic. I was hoping for a "whoosh" as I restarted, but I guess I hadn't been so far off plan that I was really restarting. So, with one week left, I know I'm not going to make a total 11 pound loss, but $30 was probably worth it to get myself refocused.

Once I saw that I wasn't losing even though I was staying OP, I realized I needed to change my plan, which I did starting yesterday.

Anyway, I went ahead and signed up for another bet. This one is 10% over 6 months, with monthly bets and pay offs. The first month has a 3% goal, which is more manageable, and since I did change my plan starting yesterday, I'm hopeful I can make it. The monthly goals go down after the first month, till it's just 1% per month. So I should be able to win SOME of these months! But I'm still hopeful I can succeed with the first month; I have 3 more weeks to lose 7 pounds.

PS: Notice my ticker now has treasure at the end! I decided to set the numbers on the ticker just for my diet bets. And see me running there? Cuz I'm trying to jog now. The only thing that's missing is a zombie chasing me.

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 02-18-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #75  

Yesterday was POP!!! Now to repeat it today! I have fajita leftover for lunch and will eAt it without a shell today. Pizza at church tonight with salad. I will skip dessert!!

I really wanted to walk yesterday but ended up babysitting an hour late. I really hate having to work that late

Angela where do u find the lunches??i haven't heard of them.
Closed Thread