Old 10-31-2013, 06:08 AM   #16  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Dinner tonight. Of course a heap of veges (Broccoli, Courgette, Carrot, Beans, 1 Baby Red Potato halved) .. and with my new experiment ... Sweet Thai Chilli/Feta/Garlic Marinaded Chicken. Less than 550 cal (540):
: Protein 52.4g : Fat 11.4g : Sat Fat 0.8g : Cholesterol 128mg : Sodium 415mg : Carb - 58.7g : Fibre 11.6g : Sugars 11.6g.
Based on a 2000 cal diet also contains 423% Vitamin A : 183% Vitamin C : 13% Calcium : 22% Iron
The calories, fat & sodium easily reduced more by not using the chilli sauce in the marinade But as its my only meal of the day I add it in just to boost my nutrient levels so they aren't too low each day
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Hump Day is just Wednesday, the middle of the week!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #18  
Trying again

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhill0823 View Post
Hump Day is just Wednesday, the middle of the week!
Ahhh .. now I gotcha Thats cute .. I thought it had something to do with Winnie the Pooh lol .. Heffalumps and Woozles
Old 11-01-2013, 01:21 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 308/249/?

Height: 5'5

Nightkatt - aww, thanks! I tend to work out more because I still haven't conquered my bad food choices on the weekends! I am just awful at times. I think I am in a crazy mindset that weekend calories don't count. I will have to be extra good this weekend though because I couldn't keep my hands out of the trick or treat bowl tonight!

But I am in awe for all your GOOD food choices!! Much more willpower than I have at the moment. I am trying to fill up on fruit & veg all the time during meals, but always find myself drooling over whatever meat there is. Last night I cracked and ate another fillet of salmon. You would think it was my last meal or the last piece of salmon ever, the way I savoured every little forkful. haha.

And I feel so left out. I have never been to a Pita Pit before! Our town is so small, there's no way one would open up here. lol.

I will have to keep my eyes out for it whenever we are looking for somewhere to eat when we are out in the city one of these days.
spinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #20  
Trying again

Hey hun .. where in the world are you?? I don't even know if Pita is a worldwide thing lol .. I know we don't have heaps of the takeaway places there are in the US/Canada.... I got introduced to quite a few when I was over there .. will admit HOP and Taco Bell were a fave lol ... ummm Dennys at 2 in the morning was good for a piece of pumpkin pie too lol.
Im lucky I suppose that I am not a huge meat fan so I don't have that urge to binge on a steak or whatever .. but hey .. an extra piece of salmon isn't a bad thing really .. high in Omega 3 ... and low in Cholesterol .. if you were gonna have an extra bit of something that isn't as bad as you think

Here is tonights salad to go with our Friday Fish & Chips (I have 1.5 pieces of fish with the batter/crumb taken off and 10 chips) ... but I do love my salads .. Tonights one was frilly lettuce, 1/2c cucumber (skin on chopped up), 1 Gherkin (chopped), 5-6 slices of beetroot chopped, 1/2c grated carrot, 1/2c chopped Alfalfa ... and a spoonful of sesame/pumpkin/sunflower seeds. I did drizzle about a tablespoon of Low Fat French Dressing over it too

Back to the shop tomorrow .. couple more shelves to put up and my new big banner to put up too ... and some more stock bits and pieces to put in Crossing fingers we are opening next week!!

Im just in the middle of designing my recipe book of recipes I created years ago ... will also add in a new area for the low fat new ones I have been putting together too Got a deal to get it printed up but I have to have it done before December or I lose the voucher lol .. so busy typing .. thank goodness Im no longer a one finger typer lol.

Hugs all!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

What a milo?

Had a business lunch today...so...wasn't perfect with eating but ...on I go anyway.

Tired but wanted to hop in...thinking of you all....

See ya tomorrow.
Isles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #22  
Trying again

Oh .. ummm .. milo .. well .. its like hot chocolate .. but not as much chocolate .. more of a malty sort of addition .. umm hang on ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_(drink)

There you go

Spent the day at the shop adding in the last bits and pieces .. just about to go and get dinner ready .. will catch up more later
Old 11-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #23  
Trying again

Okee .. so another Delish meal tonight .. a couple of options lol ..

First up .. the salads ... for my hunny he gets the tomato (as Im allergic) .. but otherwise its - fancy lettuce (1.5c), cucumber (100g), gherkin (25g), beetroot (100g), carrot (75g) & snow pea shoots (25g). Sprinkled with a little bit of munchy seeds (sesame/sunflower/pumpkin) (15g). (this is for each salad) Added into my hunnys a tomato - but thats not included in the totals.

Cal: 191 : Carb: 23g : Protein: 7.7g : Fat: 7.9g : SFat: 0.9g
Sodium: 173mg : Fibre: 4g : Sugar: 0.6g : Vit A: 6767iu
Vit C: 48mg : Calcium: 75mg : Iron: 3.5mg : Potassium: 147mg

To go with the salad I had chicken and hunny had fish .. we both had red potatoes and courgette

Fish Meal: Very straight up. Just fry the fish (350g) as is in a small non-stick pan. Can drizzle a little lemon juice on when served
Cal: 413 : Carb: 35g : Protein: 63g : Fat: 0.4g : SFat: 0.1g
Sodium: 11.8mg : Fibre: 3.3g : Sugar: 4.1g : Vit A: 340iu
Vit C: 35mg : Calcium: 15mg : Iron: 2.1mg : Potassium: 248mg

Chicken Meal:
Teriyaki/Feta Chicken. Marinade sliced chicken breast (225g) in 1Tbsp low sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Low Fat Feta/Garlic Dressing for 1-2 hours. Wipe off the marinade when cooking to lower the amount you will consume. Fry in a non-stick pan without any oil/grease. In the same pan I fry the courgette. Boil the potatoes.
Cal: 362 : Carb: 21g : Protein: 52g : Fat: 6.3g : SFat: 0.1g
Sodium: 474mg : Fibre: 1.8g : Sugar: 8.4g : Vit A: 408iu
Vit C: 29mg : Calcium: 26mg : Iron: 1.8mg : Potassium: 1084mg

Im hoping that by putting this up that it might help with ideas for others if they are looking for alternatives etc .. if you have any that you would like to share ... please do .. its always nice to get some low cal/low sodium options

Last edited by Nightkatt; 11-02-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #24  
Trying again

Okee .. so I have done this months pics .. I definitely see a difference this time .. my hair isn't growing all the fast darn it lol .. other than my fringe! Lots happier this pic time .. and it will be the last time I wear those pants too .. darn things been slipping all day! So much for tights

Can I just say Im really looking forward to some other posting their pics lol .. be nice to "see" how everyone else is doing as well as hearing about it Also please note .. I don't hold it all in for the pics lol .. this is the real me .. not the one where I walk around all day tummy held in to make it look a little less out there lol ..

Last edited by Nightkatt; 11-02-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #25  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Ready.Set.GO!*Aug 19-239.0
Week 01*Aug 26- 237.4
Week 02*Sep 02-235.4
Week 03*Sep 09- 234.4
Week 04*Sep 16-229.0
Week 05*Sep 23-225.8
Week 06*Sep 30-
Week 07*Oct 07
Week 08*Oct 14-231.2
Week 09*Oct 21-224.6
Week 10*Oct 28-227...anniversary dinner and drinks got me
Week 11*Nov 04-
Week 12*Nov 11-
Week 13*Nov 18-
Week 14*Nov 25-
Week 15*Dec 02-
Week 16*Dec 09-
Week 17*Dec 16-
Week 18*Dec 23-

Christmas Goal :199 a Winter ONEderland !*Merry Christmas!!

*August 1st. 250lb

September 1st. 235.2

OCTOBER 1ST 227.4

November 1st 223.4
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #26  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Ladies! I'm sorry about my absence its been a crazy past two weeks, joined a new dance class, so now I'm in 3 different classes , dancing up to 10 hours a week, but in general more like 7 or 8
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all...jus popped in before going to the fitness center to walk.

GREAT pictures...you REALLY show a difference now.
Isles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:55 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Hi everyone!
Life has been busy- I haven't been on the computer much at all in the past few weeks.

I don't know if my last week's weigh-in will be 'counted' anymore, but I'll add it anyhow.

I've been eating pretty well this week- with the exception of a bit of cake (I spent 15 hours baking and icing cake this week! Just a wee bit of temptation there. ) and Halloween- didn't indulge too much, but I did have some treats.

I've started the Ideal Protein diet using alternative products (because the IP brand products are very pricy, I can't afford those!). I'm very excited to see the results over the next few months. Nightkatt, I think you asked before about it, but I haven't been posting much so I haven't answered you. It is a low carb, low fat, low calorie, high protein diet. It puts your body into ketosis, so you are burning fat, not muscle. If you cheat, you go out of ketosis- so you really shouldn't cheat, lol! I think it's exactly what I need.
This maintaining/upward trend is going to change very quickly!

Week 1- Sep 02: 160.8 lbs
Week 2- Sep 09: 158.4 lbs (-2.4 lb loss this week, 2.4 lbs total)
Week 3- Sep 16: 158.0 lbs (-.4 lb loss this week, 2.8 lbs total)
Week 4- Sep 23: 157.6 lbs (-.4 lb loss this week, 3.2 lbs total)
Week 5- Sep 30:
Week 6- Oct 07:
Week 7- Oct 14:
Week 8- Oct 21: 159.0
Week 9- Oct 28: 160.4
Week 10- Nov 04:
Week 11- Nov 11:
Week 12- Nov 18:
Week 13- Nov 25:
Week 14- Dec 02:
Week 15- Dec 09:
Week 16- Dec 16:
Week 17- Dec 23:

My Christmas goal: Lose 20 lbs. and reach 140 lbs!!)
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Nightkatt those pictures look great! The difference is really noticable.
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #30  
Trying again

CHEERILOOS - Belated Happy Anniversary hun .. and hey .. at least it was for a good cause and not just because you went off the rails lol .. I hope you had a wonderful day/night .. actually week .. I think it should always be celebrated longer than the day Im sure you will farewell it soon anyway (the weight .. not the anniversary lol). Hugs. Love the reason for absence .. you must have that sign "Dance like no-one is watching" ... I am considering doing belly dancing classes .. but need to build up to that a bit more still lol .. hunny is very encouraging lol.

ISLES - Hi hun .. hope you have fun at the fitness centre Thanks .. I must admit I have finally seen the changes .. didn't the last few pics .. but this one .. yep .. definitely see it

CLEVER NAME - Not too late hun .. have updated your file .. and yes .. with the determination I can "hear" in your post Im sure the numbers will be plummeting Im wondering if I am doing your sort of thing .. Im definitely low carb & fat and calorie .. but Im not overly high in protein either lol .. I only really eat chicken .. and that is about 200-250g a day. I have lowered my max calories from 1980 to 1500 ... but Im still sticking round the 700-1000 most days Looking forward to your feedback for your new plan

TIME4ME2CHANGE - Thanks hun ... yeah .. quite pleased .. and a little shocked really. The before pics I was actually holding my tummy in .. lol .. dang that is bad .. this time I just relaxed ... kicking myself for holding in my tummy now ... just think how big it was really!!??

Lovely day today .. went out with my hunny .. tomorrow with the shop opening I am actually going to pop into the gym!! Thats right .. gonna get in a treadmill 30 min before I start work ... and if I can Im going to try to do that all week That is my challenge this week. So while out today I had to buy some gear to wear at the gym cos my track pants don't stay up anymore lol (dug them out last night and realised this cos I haven't worn them for so long!)

When we were in the shop I saw a maxi dress .. but I have never wanted one for the summer .. mainly cos the darn things are only in the "regular" area of the store not the plus size .. but I thought .. well .. I will get the biggest size I can and just pop it away for when I get down to it .. so I grabbed the size 18. It is strapless with an elasticated bust area, so I thought when I got home that I would see if I could fit it over the "girls" and OMG .. IT FIT!!! I was already on a bit of a high cos I tried a size 20 top on in the store and it fit (even though I first grabbed a size 22 thinking I had only managed to get to that size) .. and while they are loose designs for the summer .. it was a perfect fit Hunny was really proud of me and bought it for me to wear for my first day tomorrow
After we left the store I wanted a cup of coffee (only have about 2-3 a week at the most now) .. so where did the man take me??? DONUT KING!!! OMG ... but funnily enough .. I was on such a high from the top being a size 20 I didn't even get an urge for a donut .. looked at them and thought icky .. not interested .. just a small trim latte, half strength and no sugar Hunny had FOUR (yes thats right) sugar donuts with his coffee!!! And while I watched him eating them .. I still wasn't even envious .. so all in all .. I had a fantastic day ... other than getting my legs waxed ... OMG.... OUCH!!!! But now I can wear skirts without worrying lol ..

I had Pita Pit again for dinner (my free one!) .. and I had a nut packed bar for lunch .. plus a coffee and a milo .. and I just feel so full!

When I got home I carried on testing one of my banana cake recipes to make it sugar free and dairy free ... almost worked the way I wanted .. but it didn't rise as much as I hoped (I make cupcakes instead so I can work out the calories easier) ... so going to get some almond milk, wheatmeal flour and a little more baking powder next time .. meanwhile .. these ones are about 230 calories each without any icing .. have to go make supper for hunny soon so he can be my taste test dummy lol .. he is very honest about what is right or wrong with my experiments so it works out great (plus he has a cast iron stomach so I don't do too much damage when its a failure lol).

Here is this weeks results .. everyone is doing great overall .. and if you see .. as a team we have lost at least a person!! Over 160 pounds!! Well done everyone!