Old 03-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

My first goal was to be healthier and look better when my girls got married. I was miserable at 307lbs at my sons wedding. My ankle swelled and I was in a lot of pain from the weight. I made up my mind to be thinner by the time my girls married. I was down over 80lbs when my older daughter married. I slowly gained back about 10lbs a year and now working to get the weight back off plus some. My baby girl is getting married in mid May and Im about 18lbs from where I want to be. I have lost 24lbs this year, well relost.
I want to be healthy and fit enough to chase my grandkids and keep up with them.
I want to look good in clothing.
I want to be healthy enough to take care of my hubby who has health issues.
I want to be here to take care of my mom when she gets older.
I want to avoid health issues brought on by weight. I dont want to be the heaviest of my siblings.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 381/262/199

Height: 5'2"

I want to see my daughter grow up. I want to be a healthy role model for her and I want to be able to keep up with her.

Those are the things that keep my from giving up this time.
RoxieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #18  

I am seeing my oncologist this week for approval on my fertility treatments, the one chance left to get pregnant. My fertility doctor said without my amazing weightloss over the last 8 months, none of this would be possible. He was thrilled! So happy!! Of course there are no guarantees but my overall health is improved 100x over with the excess weight g-o-n-e.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 327/314.5

Height: 5'6

"wow" all very nice reasons.

Me~ First, it has to be for me or it won't work.
1) I want to meet each new day feeling good and not tired before it starts.
2) I want to be in control with my glucose numbers.
3) I want to be able to enjoy whats left of my teenage daughters teen years with her and do all she wants me to do, like going to look at colleges this summer and next and all the walking around there is to that.
4) I had my first grandson born in February, I want to be able to take him for walks and keep up with him once he starts being on the go. I want to slide on the slide with him one day.
5) I want to be able to cut down on bp and diabetes meds.
6) I want my neuropathy in my feet to not bother me so much that I can't exercise because the thought of it brings tears to my eyes.
7) Someone mentioned sex! Yes, I want to be able to have the kind of sex I used to have...(when I was in the low 210's) I want to feel desirable. I want my husband to want me all the time and not be able to wait to get his hands on me. We've been married for 24 years, I don't want to be complacent and boring in what we do...don't get me wrong it's good...just could be more mind blowing...even at 43.
8) I want to want to go on walks or to the gym.
9) I want to buy new cute clothes when I go shopping with my skinny sister in law.
10) soooo much more.....but these are good starts.

Last edited by sandys~back; 03-24-2013 at 11:02 AM.
sandys~back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 335/305/225

Height: 5'4

Default Biggest Motivators...

- I want to be around to see my daughters grow up
- I want to be able to walk in to a "normal" clothing store and actually be able to fit in the clothes... My oldest daughter is 14 and she desperately wants me to buy a pair of Miss Me Jeans... But the biggest size is like a 15/16.
- Being able to travel/fly without being embarrassed about being the fat chick on the plane.
- Being able to go out to eat without worrying about whether or not I'm going to be able to fit into a booth.

To name a few...
NorCalMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:31 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Height: 5'8"

The scale motivates me.. Of coarse!

BUT..
1. I want to be healthy enough to run around with my kids
2. I'm tired all the time and I want to have energy
3. I want to be able to go into any store and buy whatever I want
4. I want to look good for myself and for my hubby... More so because I want to feel confident.. He loves confidence
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:42 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 450/See Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

I had never really given it much thought; just got tired of being fat, but when I sit down and think about it a few things do come to mind.
1. To stop having to buy the largest size, or not be able to get something because they don't have my size.
2. To walk in a restaurant and not have everyone stare at me.
3. To be able to sit on something and not have to wonder, "will it support me?"
4. To ease the stress on my joints and maybe even ease my fibromyalgia pain.
5. To be able to wear high heels again.

Last edited by RavenIllusion; 04-08-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: grammar, added number 5
RavenIllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:01 AM   #23  
Japanese Student

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

I just want to look better and in turn feel better. I'm not really worried what complete strangers think about me, but I'm worried about what my friends and potential friends think, although I guess I shouldn't. I dunno... either way, I'll feel more confident.
Spiritix is offline   Reply With Quote