Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ and getting fit after 40 - #306

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #2  

Good morning - how did your January end? I am down about 6 lbs for January and hope to say the same at the end of February - actually I'd like to have a larger loss but there is 8 days of vacation in there that will pose some challenges.

It was 78 on Monday and this morning it is 4 - wow! Today I have my mammo then a consult with my insurance health coach to determine how to get my BMI in the normal range for me to qualify for wellness rates by July, 2014.

I've got to figure out this exercise thing - I haven't been to the pool since mom's stroke two weeks ago. I'm exhausted and I know exercise would help both the stress and exhaustion but haven't made myself get there.

Stay strong!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I had a good month...but not great. I know my calories were a little higher than they should be for faster weight loss. I really need to make myself exercise daily!!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I started this month several pounds HIGHER than last month. In fact I got on the scale this morning and it was up another pound. I have been pleased that I did pretty well the last 2 days and disheartened to see that.

But I know the scale is and will not give it too much power over me.

I'm trying to get exercise more fixed in my schedule. I'm planning to get to the gym later today and again on Sunday in addition to my weekly workout with my trainer. I've gained several (eek, more like 6 or 7) pounds since I started working out with him again in October, but I'm moving better and have better stamina (yay cardio). With spring around the corner and more daylight I'm hoping I can pull out of my desire to hibernate and get out and about more.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I hate to be photographed but I'm rethinking my reasoning.
This hit's home. A friend posted this on FB. It's a photographer's blog and I want to share it.

It's titled "So you're feeling too fat to be photographed".

http://myfriendteresablog.com/so-you...d/#comment-316
Old 02-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #6  

Judy that is powerful. Thank you for sharing - I for one have/do feel this way.

The conference with my insurance health coach went much better than I had anticipated. Actually I hadn't planned on cooperating since I know everything about eating right, exercise, blah, blah, blah. She is an exercise physiologist and was just what I needed. I haven't been to the pool in two weeks since moms stroke. I know I would feel better BUT I haven't been. I committed to go today - for her since I can't commit to myself yet. By the end of the conversation I added I would go Monday and Wednesday also. So here I am again - thinking of others instead of doing it for ME. I texted a pool buddy who struggles to get there also and we are meeting at 9 a.m. - again easier to help someone else rather than taking care of ME. We had a discussion about me losing my exercise mojo when I injured my elbow and the pain of my trainer dropping me because I gained weight. Maybe, just maybe, I can cooperate and find what's been missing lately.

Looking forward to next Saturday at this time when we'll be boarding a plane to warmer weather - ahhhhhhhhhh.

Stay strong!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #7  

well according to phil, spring should arrive early this year. I just hope it does.
I plan to make myself get outside for a bit today and walk. It wont be far but hey its a start and its still cold outside.
Anyone got big super bowl plans? hubby wanted fish stick and mozzella sticks, im having baked hot wings.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #8  

Between Judy and Carol some powerful thoughts...

Carol -- I think the insight that you can go to the gym if you commit to someone else but not if you commit to you important. Something I have to think about for me too.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the notion of selfishness or selflessness when it comes to my own weight gaining behaviors.

But I have erased my thoughts several times. They are all in a jumble. Hopefully they will percolate and make more sense later.

All I know is that someone needs to shovel and I am going to do it. It's some exercise at least!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #9  

I got my exercise this morning. We got over a foot of snow last night. I shoveled the terrace and a bathroom spot for the dog. Then I tackled clearing the car. I love my Honda Element but the roof is a lot taller than I am so I do what I can with an extended brush then pray no one is behind me while the rest blows off as I accelerate. I even had to shovel out in front of the car where they plowed the lot earlier.

PHEW! I came in cold and tired but refreshed as well.

No football for me. I follow local college basketball, a little golf, and cycling, but I don't like to watch football. Way to violent for me.

Have a great day!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #10  

I woke up to an inch and a half of snow. It wasnt predicted for us. Its beautiful but really icy as we were right at freezing when it fell. I know its suppost to warm up today so no shoveling is needed here, just let it melt.

Yesterday hubby wanted to eat mexican and I did horrible. I ate way to much! I skipped dinner last night but still had way to many calories.
Got to refocus today and do better tonight during the game. We dont have alot of snacky foods so that will help and no sweets at all in the house.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #11  

Clear and single digits here this morning. I want to get my Monday shopping done this morning. We are expecting snow squalls tonight and tomorrow. Guess I'll bundle up and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #12  

Bad food weekend!! Got my meals planned for today! Will be OP!! Will guzzle water!!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #13  

Weekend of poor choices for me - ready to get back in my groove.

Stay strong!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #14  

I had a good food and exercise weekend.

Tonight I am going out to the Girl and the Goat. The owner is a Top Chef winner and I've been dying to try it... not going to worry about calories but try to eat clean otherwise...
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #15  

Heather, enjoy yourself, have a wonderful meal. Sometimes we have to treat ourselves to something really special. Go for it! (And tomorrow we need to here all about it!)
Closed Thread