Old 01-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #1  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

Default Newbie-Need some help and advice

First a bit about me I am 28, 5' 3" and as of Jan 1 I weighed 307lbs. I have 1 kiddo who is 3 and I feel bad for him because I cant really play with him without getting really winded.

So I am reducing calories down to 1600 a day (for now). Trying to learn portion control, drinking more water and eating all food groups.

I want to start a work out plan soon but I have found that a lot of the videos out there aren't for beginners or the 300+ crowd. Any suggestions would be nice.

So other than feeling depressed about my size and how I let myself go so far I am ready to do what it takes to keep it off.

My goal for the year is to lose 50lbs. I have larger goals of getting down to a 16(or so). But 50lbs is my first big goal.
Any help that any one can provide would be wonderful. I will help others as much as I can.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #2  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome! I am glad to see you here.

Well, I think the best thing to tell you is to start small. Don't make a lot of drastic changes that you are not going to be able to maintain. Sounds like you have some good goals, and they look realistic.

For exercise, any movement is better than what I was doing before, so even when I'm watching a yoga video, I just hold a postition instead of trying to do a lot of the movements. I'm still sweating & tired at the end, and I didn't break a leg trying to do some things my body is just not able to do.

I like to read the goals & mini goals section to keep myself motivated.
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Hi, Ichoose2believe! I also think what you intend to do is very realistic. Take it slow and stick to it for ever, so you make a real life change. As to exercise, I think walking could do you a lot of good, because you can go at your own pace and do it with your child, and you can increase the intensity of your walk and the time you devote to it as you get fit. Make sure you have good running shoes, so you do not get hurt, and keep a journal of the miles you walk and the time it takes you to cover them. You'll see that little by little you will build your own workout plan, as you feel fitter and more motivated. I do interval walking, and find it really rewarding, but maybe you have to get used to regular walks before you take it to the next level. Congratulations on your determination, and good luck!

Last edited by inglesita64; 01-24-2012 at 11:28 AM.
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #4  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the kind words. I am really trying this time around. I am finding that there are a lot of emotional aspects that I didn't really take the time to consider. I guess it is a life change.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #5  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

You are realistic and motivated. I see you succeeding!! Walking is great exercise.

Welcome!!! Hope to see more of you!!!

Lynn
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #6  
Becoming a better me

S/C/G: 383.9/351.5/190

Height: 5'7"

Default In the same boat

I'm just starting to get back on the weight loss bandwagon, and feel like I'm in a similiar place as you. Aside from walking, most activities leave me pretty winded (which of course, isn't always a bad thing. In the past, I have found that wearing a pedometer to work, grocery shopping, or even when cleaning the house helps a ton. Set a goal of steps per day and try to increase by a few steps every day. I also track my daily activity on my phone with a calorie tracking application which is awesome…i had no idea you could burn calories doing such simple things It definitely helps me to see that the little things make a difference. Good luck!!
rj923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

I agree with everyone else, try walking. That is what I am doing right now along with counting calories. I've lost 15 lbs in January. Good luck!
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote