Old 01-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 378/340/200

Height: 5'10

Talking I guess I just keep on keepin' on?

Blargh, this is hard, isn't it?

But I just keep telling myself in a year from now I can be healthier rather than sicker. It still feels like I'm facing a GIGANTIC journey.

I'm new here and looking for pals, support, all that.

I'm 42, I love reading, movies, yammering

I'm following a healthy carb diet and thus far only working out using my Xbox Kinect. I hope to join a gym when my knees stop aching.

How are you all?
Sugarzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #2  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Sugarzombie, I'm very glad to meet you!

You are right, you can be healthier. And it is a gigantic journey.
But, the time will pass whether you are losing weight or not. Wouldn't you rather be losing?

And my absolute favorite 3FC quote is this,
Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Maintaining your weight is hard. Pick your hard.

I am 36 years old. I love to read, cook, sing, and hang out with my family.
I am calorie counting on livestrong.com, and my exercise goal is four times a week, although I'm really slacking this week, I've got bronchitis & a sinus infection.

Anyway, welcome welcome welcome.
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Hang in there, you will get there. Take it one day at a time, One meal and One pound. Its not that Gigantic, set yourself up with 10lbs goals and when you reach it get yourself a reward (NOT food), every time I lose 10lbs I buy myself a new charm for my pandora bracelet, right now I have 11 and soon to be 12. Its something to look forward too. What kinda of healthy carb diet are you following, I am on Ideal Protein and have loss 119lbs in 7 months. Its low car and low sugar
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

I hope to starting work soon and I also really need to get going. It's been about 2 1/2 years since I worked and I was probably 30 lbs lighter.
I use LoseIt.com as my food tracker but also us Sparkpeople as my mainweight blog.
Best wishes on your journey
joe anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #5  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

It may be a gigantic journey, but if you're anything like me, you can expect to feel better, move better, and be healthier long before you're anywhere near goal. Once you start to feel a difference, motivation gets easier, at least it did for me. The small changes (I don't get worn out if I have to park far away from my destination and walk, but I used to)... are worth it, even if I never lost another pound. But hey, what great surprise might be waiting for me when I lose 10 more? That's what keeps me going.

Congrats for starting, congrats on 18 pounds gone! Welcome!

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 01-21-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

I know it seems overwhelming but I second (or third, or fourth) the idea of looking at it in small, manageable sections. Losing 200 pounds seems like a HUGE obstacle to overcome so I don't look at losing 200 pounds. I've broken it down into 5 pound goals. I can't think about losing 200 pounds but 5 pounds? I can lose 5 pounds. Once I've lost those 5 I only concentrate on the next 5 pounds.

Heck, even my first "major" goal is nowhere near where I ultimately want to end up but so much of the weight loss journey is a mental one and I want to give my mind the biggest boost I can to keep me moving forward!

Like you, I've been working out at home with a video game system. We have the Wii and I use the EA Active sports trainer 2...it's a good workout and I can do it in the privacy of my own home for free which makes it a MUCH more attractive alternative than the gym.

You can do this!! Come here, get support a boost and an occasional kick in the rear to get you moving and you'll be surprised how quickly you start to feel better.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 366/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9

I know exactly what you mean about how this seems like a gigantic journey. But people have told me, if you have a mountain to move, you have to start with the first couple rocks at first. Or something like that. Basically, it's like others have said - break it down into smaller increments. I may not be able to fathom losing 200 pounds, but I can wrap my mind around losing just 5 or 10 pounds.

By the way, I'm Luna! I'm 32, I live in Northern Virginia, I love music, movies and blogging, and I started this weight loss journey at over 200 pounds overweight myself. I began by slowly eliminating sweets and junk food from my diet in phases, then counting calories and walking several times a week, and finally giving up diet soda. In the course of 3 months, I've lost 40 pounds! I'm pretty proud of myself so far.
Lunalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #8  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

It is a big journey. But don't look at the amount as a whole Break it down. 10 pounds at a time. Take it day by day. After awhile, the changes you have made become a lifestyle, and it no longer seems as difficult Keep it up and stay active on this forum to keep modivated :P Best of luck

Last edited by baker23; 01-23-2012 at 12:37 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 357/ticker/157

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
every time I lose 10lbs I buy myself a new charm for my pandora bracelet
That's a great idea! I'm going to do that.
saltatoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 408/355/150

Height: 5'4

We are pretty much on the same journey, I started at 360 and am 352 right now, only using my wii fit for the time being, Also working with a healthy carb lifestyle. Hang in there, I know we have along way to go and thinking long term is sorta hard, well at least for me. Anyway's if you need anything or just to chitchat feel free to inbox me
Jaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 378/340/200

Height: 5'10

WOW! You guys are all so motivating!!

Rachelm: I love that, picking your " hard" that makes SO MUCH SENSE! " losing weight is hard, dying from obesity at 42 is harder." creepy way to look at it, but too true!
Wuv2blovd: you look amazing!
Martini: Awwww man, you rock! Your stats are so inspiring!
You guys are all so great and thanks so much for the replies.

I am going to try to look at achieving smaller goals instead of looking at the big ( daunting) picture and I'm sure that will help. And yay! I'm almost out of the "350 decade"... I just keep reminding myself that time goes by anyway. And I try not to eat after 7. And when I feel like I'm about to eat when I'm not hungry, I take a bath instead! Between that and drinking all this water, I'm starting to feel like a mermaid!! Thank you all so much!
Sugarzombie is offline   Reply With Quote