Old 01-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Starting weight - 337

Height: 6ft

Default New!

Hey everyone!

Not sure where I am supposed to be so I'm going to repost my first post here!

I'm ecstatic that I stumbled upon this forum I hope that it's ok that I'm introducing myself in a new thread. My name is Anne. I'm 34 and have 3 boys, one 15, one 4 and one 15 months. I had lap band surgery in 2004 and was successful from then until about 2008. I was 402 (I'm also 6ft tall!) and went down to about 255. That wasn't where I wanted to end, but I was getting down to a size 20 or so and was so excited. Then my job allowed me to start working from home, which in so many ways, helped a lot. However, it led me to be very sedentary. I then got pregnant and well, here I am now. I now weigh 337.

I've had my band tightened a couple of times and it's just not helping. So, I decided to join the gym. I'm going 4 times a week and doing the workout given to me by the personal trainer. I've been going to the gym since about the first of the year (New Years Resolution!), went about 3 times a week until last week when I started 4 times a week with the trainers instruction.

Anyway...enough rambling. I need help! I live in a house with an overweight husband who loves to eat. He says he wants to eat healthier but it's not happening. I need to do this for me. For me and my children. I need to be able to get down on the floor and play with them. I need to be able to squat. I need to be able to move without hurting. I want to fit in my closet full of clothes. I'm not looking for a miracle but I need to lose at LEAST 100lbs. I would love to get to 200. With my height, I think I'd look good at 200. I think that's a reasonable goal.

Any support, ideas, assistance, advice...anything you gals could give me would be greatly appreciated!
ellay42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Hello and Welcome!!
I think most of us have lost and regained a few times if not many times. Its a struggle. I understand having a husband who loves to eat!! My husband has health problems and is trying to eat right at the moment. His bouts of eating right are normally short lived. I am praying this time he will stay with it. I am enjoying being on plan and look forward to getting the regained weight off and hit goal this year.
Feel free to join in us on the over forty and getting fit even if your not forty. The daily thread also offers great support.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

I haven't had WLS but I definitely understand the up and down weight thing. I think most of us have been there and done that more times than we care to think about.

However, you're stopping the backslide now and that's a good thing! Exercise will definitely help tone you up and build some muscle which will help you with all of your goals so you're definitely moving in the right direction!!

My husband isn't terribly interested in "healthy" eating either but he is very supportive of me and my efforts and that makes all the difference. He eats the meals I prepare for my WOE and generally enjoys most of them but he snacks. A lot. Heck, I've known him to sit and bag of potato chips while watching me work out.

I wish he would adapt a healthier WOE but he's just not ready yet and I try to give him the same respect for that choice that he shows me for trying to lose weight and get healthy. I do try to always have things in the house that are on plan (low carb) for me to eat so I'm not as tempted to sneak a bite or two of whatever snack he's having - for me that's a key thing.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #4  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Welcome!!! We all need support and this is a great place to get it. Have you talked to your husband about doing this with you? My hubby is also a big man and I told him flat out that I could not do this alone. I am not suggestion you do that but thats what I did and he supports me even if sometimes he falls off the wagon more then I do. Take it one day at time find a plan that works for you. I count calories and that seems to work wonders for me. If you need any questions answered feel free to ask them someone will respond.
Again Welcome!!!

Hugs
Lynn
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #5  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome! I'm glad you're here. This is a very supportive site overall & I really love this 300+ thread.

I track my calories through livestrong.com/myplate. I have had more success this time than I ever have before. My previous weight loss record was 35 pounds, and as of today, I have lost 37.4 pounds. And I am not stopping now. IDK why it has suddenly clicked for me, but I know not having any forbidden foods is really helping my mindset. I do try to make healthier choices, but if I want to eat a particularly decadent something, I just measure & count the calories. It's pretty liberating to know I can eat an ice cream sandwich & still be perfectly on plan, ya know?
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #6  
It's time for Me

S/C/G: 398.1/398.1/195

Height: 5'9"

Default I'm New

I have finally decided to put myself first this year and am focusing on my weight this year. I freaked out when I weighed myself and saw just how close I was to 400lbs! I am a single mother of a 6 year old and for the last 6 years I put everything before myself. But if I dont do something now I wont be here for her and that scares the crap out of me.

I am fortunate to not have any major health issues at this point, but I am going to be 40 in 18 months and I dont want to hit that milestone and be obese.

I am all alone in this and just looking for a place to commune with others sharing my struggle hoping to find inspiration and support and return the favor.

I started Atkins today, anyone else doing the same?
lowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 378/340/200

Height: 5'10

Ellay: this is SO EASY. Just tell your husband if he doesn't get on program, no sex. Ta-dah!

Lowin: I am low-carbing too. It just works better for ME. I lose faster, feel hungry less often, and feel so much better. I am a carbaholic
Sugarzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

Lowin: I'm low carbing it too - I won't say 'Atkins' because I'm not following it to the letter but I'm doing something so dang near Atkins that it's as good a description as any.

For me it's been the only thing that has worked consistently without me having to half starve myself for results.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote