Old 07-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #46  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

Yes, I'm in the room for improvement boat too.
Glad you enjoyed yourself tw. Right about now i'd settle for the princes' red headed step brother twice removed.
goodnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:06 AM   #47  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

well here its hump day and my knees are killing me. I so want to go for a walk today but how am I going to do that with my knees hurting. Anyway I feel pretty good even though its PMS week and TOM will be here next week.
OH JOY OH BLISS!!!

Lynn
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

Goodnuff: LOL!! I understand!
Lynnie: I am close friends with Advil! I take quite a bit on bad days. Hope you feel better soon.
tw326at41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #49  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw326at41 View Post
Goodnuff: LOL!! I understand!
Lynnie: I am close friends with Advil! I take quite a bit on bad days. Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks TW!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #50  

Darn wet weather makes my joints extra achy too. I can never count on TOM with any regularity but with the cramping and eating anything that's not moving I'm. Expecting an appearance any day now.
Thought I was dealing with allergies but am now hacking up a lung so I think maybe an upper respiratory issue. I'll waitit out, it's usually viral so nothing to be done anyhow. I see lots of fluids in my future!
WI tomorrow, not expecting a loss and won't be surprised with a gain. Ugh, where did my motivation go?
Old 07-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #51  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnuff View Post
Darn wet weather makes my joints extra achy too. I can never count on TOM with any regularity but with the cramping and eating anything that's not moving I'm. Expecting an appearance any day now.
Thought I was dealing with allergies but am now hacking up a lung so I think maybe an upper respiratory issue. I'll waitit out, it's usually viral so nothing to be done anyhow. I see lots of fluids in my future!
WI tomorrow, not expecting a loss and won't be surprised with a gain. Ugh, where did my motivation go?

let me tell you motivation hits when you least expect it. I haven't really been exercising lately and then today I went for a mile walk. It felt good. You'll find it.

Lynn
Old 07-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #52  

YEAH Lynnie...you got in a mile walk. Is your knee feeling better?
Goodnuff: Your motivation is still there. Just go wake it up and do something! :-) For Upper Respiratory I am a fan of Mucinex! NOT Mucinex DM just plain Mucinex and I always throw in some Advil (did I mention my close friendship with Advil)!!
I will not be weighing in this week as I will be out of town. AND I am eating everything in site. Saturday though Monday I did not track. Tuesday I tracked and went 2 points over. Today I ahve tracked and I only have 3 points left and it is not even dinner time yet. :-( I am working on getting it under control. It WILL happen but I think TOM may be coming next week too. Such a roller coaster ride this weighloss journey is but I am on it for the long haul. There is no gettign off this ride no matter how big the drops!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:51 PM   #53  
made my dad a promise

S/C/G: 302/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw326at41 View Post
Such a roller coaster ride this weighloss journey is but I am on it for the long haul. There is no gettign off this ride no matter how big the drops!!!
Just buckle your seatbelt and hang on for dear life! (oh, and don't forget to enjoy the ride...)

Give yourself a little breathing room this week while out of town and PMSing. It won't be fatal - then just get back on schedule when you are in a position to control your environment. Lots of folks find a diet break to help kickstart weightloss again. Almost a trick to your body - "See, you don't need to freak, I'm not really starving you, as you were...." Your systems chill out a bit and then when you go back to more serious calorie control, your metabolism, etc. is still working like normal. Maybe it will work for you!

Oh, and I don't do WW, but my understanding is that points are similar to about 50-100 calories each, so 2 points over is hardly a problematic binge. (not to say that three months of that each day wouldn't be counterproductive, but one day, or even one week, not something you need to beat yourself up over).

(with that, she's throws her hands up in the air and screams, as though on a roller coaster drop...)
ilbnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:52 PM   #54  
made my dad a promise

Quote:
Hope you're on the mend soon....
Old 07-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #55  
Divine

TW:
I took some medicine and some aprin together and it seemed to do the trick and I was able to walk. I wish I could again today but its storming and very humid. But I am hoping the weather won't be so bad this weekend.

Lynn
Old 07-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #56  

ilbnej: I can feel the breeze in my hair as we rush down the steep drop. :-)
How are you doing? Are you back to tracking and exercising? I am kind of giving myself some breathing room. I have too. I wish I were JUST 2 points over each day. But it will be OK. Like I said I am not giving up. It will happen. I am out of town Friday through Sunday and then I am off on Monday so I am hoping to do some preplanning and grocery shopping while my daughter is in daycare!
Lynnie: OH what I wouldn't do for a good storm! I don't remember the last time we had rain and today is day 27 in a row of above 100. Maybe you could do a walk video at home???
Old 07-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #57  

Only +0.2 this week. Could possibly be the 16 ounces of water I guzzled just before the meeting.
Ends up it's bronchitis that I'm dealing with. Thankfully one o the docs at work offered to listen to my lungs and call in some prescriptions for me. Thanks for the well wishes.
Awesome lynnie! I will have to remember to take a cue from you when I can breath again, and just do it.
Have a great weekend out of town tw. I agree with Jen, some times you gotta give yourself a break and have fun.
The best part of roller coasters? Riding them with friends! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :-D
Old 07-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #58  
made my dad a promise

TW - I can definitely feel the wind in our hair!

You're in North Texas, right? I'm in South Texas and I have high hopes for Tropical Storm Dan - hopefully it will even make it to your neck of the woods. Rain, blessed rain.

I'm pretty much back on track - the last two weeks have been rough, but I'm trying to take something from that as well. Including the feeling of not losing according to "plan" as a result. For this six week period, I had targeted losing 8-9 pounds, and with one week and a couple of days to go, I'll be lucky if I make it to 4 pounds lost (267-263) - on the other hand, that's 4 more pounds down, and size 22s fitting better and better every day.

At any rate, this week is off to a pretty good start - and it would been better if 2 (not just 1, but 2!) cupcakes hadn't snuck across my path on Tuesday - one at work and one at an event after work - the second one was a situation where it would have been rude to refuse to take it and once I took it.... well, we all knew how that was going to end!

Anywhoo, just wanted to make sure you don't feel too alone - and that despite that, it is actually the most "on track" week I've had this month!

So far, I'm on track this week on exercising - but my usual schedule is Mon night, Wed night, Sat morning and Sunday morning. I had something last night so I'm subbing tonight for Wed. The last two weekends, I've been allergy-ey and tired and not wanting to get up to swim and then delayed enough that I skip it altogether, and I am stopping that bad habit this weekend. Dumb thing is that I feel awesome all weekend when I do get up and swim, so I'm trying to stay on the antihistamines so I can get better sleep and be able to wake up better.

Hope you enjoy your "away time" this weekend (not sure if it is vacation or anything fun, but I hope so!), and your "alone time" off work and with your daughter in day care on Monday - have you considered a massage or pedicure after you get all your errands done?

I find that having my meals planned out is THE KEY to success for me. I actually do prepared meal delivery each week (super good food, but stupid-expensive), but removing the chance to make a dumb decision is such a good thing for me. I'm hoping that its re-training me to make better choices, but I didn't have meals delivered from the end of June until this week, and clearly I don't do as well on my own...

Last edited by ilbnej; 07-28-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #59  
made my dad a promise

Quote:
Ends up it's bronchitis that I'm dealing with. Thankfully one o the docs at work offered to listen to my lungs and call in some prescriptions for me. Thanks for the well wishes.
Stupid bronchitis - glad you're getting the treatment you need for it.

Quote:
Only +0.2 this week. Could possibly be the 16 ounces of water I guzzled just before the meeting.
Sounds like a "maintain" to me - and you may even have a woosh once your body's not holding on to extra water to fight the buggies. My fingers are crossed.

Quote:
The best part of roller coasters? Riding them with friends! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :-D
YES!!!

Last edited by ilbnej; 07-28-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #60  
Divine

TW,
I do have a walk away the pounds DVD that I finally found the other day.Thanks

Goodnuff:
Just do it girlie!!! You will feel outstanding when you do!!!

ilbnej:
Hey hunny!!!!

Lynn