Old 04-17-2011, 01:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 342/ticker/230 then lower :)

Height: 5'6"

Default Tired of being fat

Hello I am new here and I am sick and tired of being fat. I have 5 kids and tired of always being the "fat mom". I am so afraid my kids will be embarrassed of me later. And it breaks my heart. I am just over it. Here is a little about me

I was always a skinny kid. When I was 12 they found out I had Epilepsy. So they put me on 3 diffrent pills. They said 1 side effect was weight gain. By the time I was 15 years old I weighed 250lbs. I hated it. So unknown to my mother I stopped taking my meds and started walking and stopped eating other then a few crackers a day. Within 4 months I was down to 170 and stayed there for 6 years. THen I met my husband which was 9 years ago. And 6 pregnancies and 5 babies later here I am at 332lbs. I just had my 5th son 9 weeks ago. I weighed 297lbs when I 1st got pregnant and went up to 355. I hate my body. I just hate it. I have thought many times of getting the Lap Band but want to try to do this on my own. I love food LOL. And my thing is my DH works 3rd shift so I am alone 99% of the time with the kids. I dont have any friends here as all my friends and family live 5 hours away. So I get bored and then think I am hungry. I also am bad to eat late at night. I went to buy me some new clothes the other day and sit in the fitting room and just cried because NOTHING I liked fit. It was the biggest sizes they had in the store. I felt sick. I cant stand this anymore. I have been trying so hard but really need help and support. I am so glad I found this site. Hope to get to know you all!!!!
Misty4105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Welcome! Everyone here is really great and supportive. You can do this.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:19 AM   #3  

God Bless You. Said a prayer for you just now. You need to start and then put one foot in front of the other. Take it a day at a time. Never give up. I suggest low carb, but others here might suggest another way. PLEASE take the time to watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM I hope the same light bulb that went off over my head will go off over yours. Good luck to you. Sending a hug your way. Yes, you CAN do this. Set mini goals and reward yourself every 10 lbs or so...but not with food...with a pretty colored nail polish, or a new hat or ribbon for your hair, etc. Never give up. Please watch the video. I don't think you'll be sorry. I wish I could tell you it will be easy, but it isn't. You have to give it all you've got and make it your priority.
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

You can do this. A day at a time. You sound like me. At the end of your rope but ready for a change. Im glad you found us here, it really helps.
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

Well you are in a place where you can make plenty of friends now! Coming here has been the best thing that I have done for my weight loss. Also I think that when we get to that point that you are just done with it all. Thats when the magic happens. Once you are ready and motivated for the right reasons it really helps to stick to your plan. Wow 5 kids! You are probably crazy busy. Leslie Sansone has some walk at home dvds. They are wonderful. Its not hard on your body and you dont have to go to a gym or lug all the kids outside. I had my son 5 weeks ago! But he is my first. I am terrified of him growing up and watching my unhealthy relationship with food. Its my main motivation. I want him to have a normal healthy relationship with food and for him to like his body. and they always say children live what they learn.
Good luck to you! You can do this!
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote