Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

SMSDreamer: Wow on the 285! Great job

Sharon: No, I don't want to get legal advice I am just having hurt feelings. Sorry about the gain. It is TOM for me coming any minute now so I am not weighing until I start and then a day or two after cause I'll just be upset. Hugs.

Lynnie: I thought the same thing as Laura. Your BIL is an idiot. It is people like him who pushed me to stay in my house for months and mnths at a time with agoraphobia. I wish I lived closer to you cause I'd let you stay with me!

Well, Hope everyone is having a good day and hanging in there despite gains, ups and downs.

Hugs and Blessings all,

Annie
Old 04-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #77  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Thanks Annie!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #78  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Today was a great lesson in really learning that food is really truly fuel. I think this is something that is intellectual knowledge for me and not something I really KNOW. I only had two meals yesterday and I am sure I came in somewhere around 1200 calories. This wasn't on purpose, but I was busy cleaning and I didn't want to lose my momentum. This morning I went to church and then afterward headed to the gym. However, I wasn't hungry when I left, so I ended up eating a package of almonds in the car on the way between. I went to the gym and had very little energy. I got a coffee on my way home, but was tired enough I decided to take a nap. I was laying there at 3:30 when it dawned on me that how could I not be tired if I worked out and had only eaten some almonds all day!?! Well, duh. I need to fuel myself to function properly. That is what food is for. I had a good lunch, albeit late, and am feeling much better. While not healthy, it was a good lesson in what food really means for me. Just to reiterate, I'm not trying to undereat, I am just finding myself not hungry at the right times and not planning well.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your day.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #79  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheCheat View Post
Today was a great lesson in really learning that food is really truly fuel. I think this is something that is intellectual knowledge for me and not something I really KNOW. I only had two meals yesterday and I am sure I came in somewhere around 1200 calories. This wasn't on purpose, but I was busy cleaning and I didn't want to lose my momentum. This morning I went to church and then afterward headed to the gym. However, I wasn't hungry when I left, so I ended up eating a package of almonds in the car on the way between. I went to the gym and had very little energy. I got a coffee on my way home, but was tired enough I decided to take a nap. I was laying there at 3:30 when it dawned on me that how could I not be tired if I worked out and had only eaten some almonds all day!?! Well, duh. I need to fuel myself to function properly. That is what food is for. I had a good lunch, albeit late, and am feeling much better. While not healthy, it was a good lesson in what food really means for me. Just to reiterate, I'm not trying to undereat, I am just finding myself not hungry at the right times and not planning well.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your day.

you know what when I don't eat my stomach growls insanely loud!!! Its very embarrassing at times. Keep yourself fueled. Have you ever tried nutrigrain bars? they are fabolous for a quick bite.

Lynn
Old 04-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #80  

Hello my Peeps!!

I just got home from camping. Had a GREAT time with my camping group. We had 3 chapters there of Tearjerkers (tiny trailers and teardrop campers) there and about 50 people and 30 campers. It rained almost 3 inches all day Saturday and Saturday night. We still had a wonderful time with a great pot luck full of hot food (and high protein for me!). I made a lot of great choices as well and remembered to take my vits each day. Some people have home built units and other people have purchased ones. I loved how people had interesting modifications and ideas. These folks are thrifty and very very creative!

Now I'm unpacked and laundry is going. What was really cool was that I could go to the little camper all soaking wet, get changed into warm clothes and watch some videos and sleep in a warm, dry bed! Unlike if I was in a tent when torrential rains hit (and don't forget the 43 mph wind gusts!).

The animals are glad I am home. I have been furred numerous times by Bosskitty. The parrot screamed for 30 min straight while I unloaded the car and the dogs are passed out on the floor snoring.

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 04-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #81  
Nancy

Lynn - The weird part was that I didn't feel hungry at all. Luna bars used to be one of my staples before I went low carb. Now I go for small quantities of nuts or some yogurt.

Rat - Glad you had a great trip, even with lots of rain.

It is official - I am a total yogurt addict. Every Sunday I go and buy my yogurt supply for the week and bring 5 with me to work. I forgot them this morning and I don't know if I can make it through the afternoon without it. I think I am going to have to go out and get some. I guess there are a whole lot of worse things to be addicted to.

It is also a weird day for me because both my personal trainer and my therapist cancelled for this week (Passover and out of town guests) and it feels so weird not to have either on my agenda for the day.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:24 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

Ok, not as regular as I would like to be, but here I am. Things are going ok. Actually I got my a$$ kicked by some VPs at work Friday. Someone told me I earned my Director's wings after such a beating. I was recently promoted, so I guess this comes with the job. Work is still super busy, and I have a few trips to Puerto Rico planned for May. It is what it is.

Rat - Put your CPAP and get to bed! I hope you feel better. Sounds like camping has been fun.

Annie - I am sorry about your cardiologist issues. My brother had a heart attack in December, and then it triggered toxoplasmosis parasites to come out of latency, so he lost most of his sight around the same time. Times are rough it seems.

Nancy - It's good to see you. I am pretty sure I could not go so long without food. If you don't mind me asking, since you mentioned low carb....what do you eat most days? I don't care for yogurt. I don't like loading up on carbs, and tend to eat about 150 a day or so.

That's about it from me.

Real
Old 04-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #83  
Nancy

Annie – I meant to say earlier from your post about your doctor, that it sounds like getting a new doctor is a good thing. Who knows what else the current one might have missed! It does sound very stressful though, and hopefully you can get a good one at the hospital near you.

Real – I am eating pretty much protein, veggies and yogurt. I am bad at breakfast because I tend to get moving rather slowing in the morning. Often breakfast is a few pieces of string cheese, or sometimes plain yogurt. Lunch is usually a large salad with lots of veggies, chicken breast and cheese, egg, tofu, or whatever else is on the salad bar at work that looks good and isn’t starchy. I also have a plain yogurt with lunch. If I am going to the gym, I try and eat about an ounce of nuts or maybe a string cheese an hour beforehand. For dinner, I will again have some type of protein and a bunch of veggies. I will usually have another plain yogurt later on in the evening, but I try to make that at least an hour before bed. I do have half and half with my coffee and occasionally I will throw in some berries with the yogurt. So I am eating pretty simply, but I am feeling really satisfied with it.

My chest is still a bit sore from my workout on Sunday and the dreary weather is making me wish I could crawl back into bed, but for the most part things are good.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #84  
Divine

Well ladies,
I think I am reaching my breaking point. I am so stressed and maintaing to be positive feels so out of reach. I have resorted to staying in my bedroom again. On the other hand I can't wait till the beginning of the month I got gifts for my stepmother and my mkom for mothersday. I hope they like it.

Lynn
Old 04-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Just a quickie, I lost 2 1/2 lbs this week, a total of 5 & 1/2, hoping for 2 more next week. If I do I get a half stone (14lbs =1 stone) award- a sticker for my weight-loss record, lol!
Lynnie I'm sorry things are bad again, can't you go outside, maybe a walk or to the park or a library?xxxx
Nancy I'm enjoying yoghurts too, I like the low fat fruit ones. Have you tried the South Beach recipe, vegetable quiche cups to go? You batch cook them then freeze them, microwaving them as you need them, wrapped in foil they'd stay warm whilst you drove to work.xxxxx
Realist sorry things are horrid at work, do you get any sightseeing time on any of your trips? Are you sleeping better now after your trauma?xxxx
Annie I hope I didn't offend you mentioning legal advice. I also hope you are keeping swimming & not having pains.xxxxx
Ratkitty can you post a pic of these teardrop campers, my hubby has no idea what they are & neither do I.xxxxxx
xxxxx sharon
Old 04-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #86  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo1 View Post
Just a quickie, I lost 2 1/2 lbs this week, a total of 5 & 1/2, hoping for 2 more next week. If I do I get a half stone (14lbs =1 stone) award- a sticker for my weight-loss record, lol!
Lynnie I'm sorry things are bad again, can't you go outside, maybe a walk or to the park or a library?xxxx
Nancy I'm enjoying yoghurts too, I like the low fat fruit ones. Have you tried the South Beach recipe, vegetable quiche cups to go? You batch cook them then freeze them, microwaving them as you need them, wrapped in foil they'd stay warm whilst you drove to work.xxxxx
Realist sorry things are horrid at work, do you get any sightseeing time on any of your trips? Are you sleeping better now after your trauma?xxxx
Annie I hope I didn't offend you mentioning legal advice. I also hope you are keeping swimming & not having pains.xxxxx
Ratkitty can you post a pic of these teardrop campers, my hubby has no idea what they are & neither do I.xxxxxx
xxxxx sharon
Sharon:
Congrats on the weightloss!! If only the weather would break I could go outside till then I have to bear with it. The car is broke and till my husband fixs it can't go anywhere. Oh well I will figure out something I always do.

Lynn
Old 04-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #87  
Nancy

Sharon – grats on the loss! I will have to look up those quiche cups – those sound like a great idea.

Lynn – Hopefully the weather will be decidedly more spring like for all of us in the near future. It has been such a cold spring!

Yesterday was rough, in that I weighed in early since my trainer moved our session to yesterday and today I won’t make it to the gym (I am leaving this afternoon to go visit my parents for the weekend). The scale didn’t move at all this week, and last week I was only down a half pound. I have been eating perfectly on plan, have been way in the calorie deficit range, have eaten zero sugar, flour, bread, pasta, etc. and nothing? My calves are a bit puffy, so I am guessing I am retaining water, but it is still a bit demoralizing. I need to get a handle on my impatience, as it isn’t going to do me one bit of good. I also need to not compare myself with anyone else. This is another thing that is nothing but trouble.

I am heading to my parents for the (long) weekend. I already talked to my dad about the fact I’m not eating starches. I think I will bring some yogurt with me so I have the kind I like available. Then I will do my best to eat mindfully while trying not to stress too much about things.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #88  

Hello my Peeps!

Sharon, my trailer is an RT made by Little Guy. You can see manufactured trailers at http://www.golittleguy.com/teardrops/index.php - many people chose to make their own. There are plans everywhere on the net. It's pretty much a bed on wheels with electric and a fan. Some people make them with elaborate galleys for cooking. I don't cook much, so I don't have a galley in the RT and would rather use it as storage.

Nancy, have a good time at the Rents! I hear your frustration on the lack of loss. My nutritionist is wondering if my low iron issues are contributing to my stall.

Sharon, yay for loss! That's quite a lot, but I know you are doing great and exercising too.

Real, hang in there at work. Glad you got your wings. Next time a VP yells, tell them a kitten dies everytime he/she raises his voice LOL.

Not much else new. Just dragging until the weekend because of allergies or a cold (can't tell).

Lynnie, here's to hoping the weather breaks for you so you can escape!!

Hugs to all!
Ratkity

edited: oopsie forgot my Lynnie!

Last edited by Ratkitten; 04-21-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #89  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkitten View Post
Hello my Peeps!

Sharon, my trailer is an RT made by Little Guy. You can see manufactured trailers at http://www.golittleguy.com/teardrops/index.php - many people chose to make their own. There are plans everywhere on the net. It's pretty much a bed on wheels with electric and a fan. Some people make them with elaborate galleys for cooking. I don't cook much, so I don't have a galley in the RT and would rather use it as storage.

Nancy, have a good time at the Rents! I hear your frustration on the lack of loss. My nutritionist is wondering if my low iron issues are contributing to my stall.

Sharon, yay for loss! That's quite a lot, but I know you are doing great and exercising too.

Real, hang in there at work. Glad you got your wings. Next time a VP yells, tell them a kitten dies everytime he/she raises his voice LOL.

Not much else new. Just dragging until the weekend because of allergies or a cold (can't tell).

Lynnie, here's to hoping the weather breaks for you so you can escape!!

Hugs to all!
Ratkity

edited: oopsie forgot my Lynnie!
Thanks Nancy, Sharon, and precious Kitty!!! I am feeling alittle better but still am maintaining solitude in the bedroom. I think I am going to get my husband to pull out my scrapbooking stuff in the near future.

Lynn
Old 04-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Oh I should join this, at least for the long weekend. I feel like I'm so busy during the week can't keep track of chats. Though I have lots of plans this weekend too but I feel rested already (i think not having to THINK about work for a couple of days is going to do me some good!)

Feeling OK, I slept the whole night, and I relaxed at home and did NOTHING last night but eat. Seems BAD but I mostly was just playing Wii, nothing active though, I tried out Resident Evil 4 (1st person shooter) and I am HORRID at it. And then pulled out the old Guitar Hero. A night alone to recharge is good talked to my roomy for a bit, and one of my best friends on the phone since I wanted to hear about her day and then just vegged in fair solitude. Woke up without an alarm this morning and decided to get up I want to do some things today before I go out.
Closed Thread