Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ MONTHLY thread #1283

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simultaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #2  

Hello my Peeps!

There's a lot of you out there that are being affected by the big winter storm. I hope you all stay warm and safe.

All is well with me, although I'm still very tired. I have another appt with my hematologist next week. I missed the last appt because of da flu. Dang old flu!! I was traumatized by it!

All the animals are doing well. Boss kitty was exceptionally frisky last night and started attacking and chasing his tail on the bed at 1am. He was so funny, I couldn't be mad. This is a 3 yr old adult kitteh acting like a baby kitten. The silly kitteh waits on my bed at night to play "spot". He chases a laser spot all over my bed until he gets so dizzy he can't stand. Then he attacks the dreaded mousies under the covers for a little bit and after leaves to sleep elsewhere (he has a chair and a basket upstairs that he is fond of). He was also trying to get the golden retrievers to play yesterday evening as well. The dogs have no clue what to do with this kitteh and usually just give him a good wet willy in his ears.

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 02-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning All,

Rat: sounds like your kitty is super playful! too cute.

We haven't gotten anymore snow lately but it is super cold like 8 degrees with a high today expected of 25. The newspaper says possible snow on Fri, Sat and Sun. I am happy for that. If it is going to be cold I want some white stuff to go along with it. lol.

Well, hope you are having a wonderful op day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 02-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #4  

Good Morning all,

Day 3 op so far. But, it is only 10 a.m. here. lol. I hope that you all are having a wonderful op day.

Blessings all,
annie
Old 02-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Been doing SO much better with this calorie counting! I am keeping track of my carbs, fat, and protien too...but I can have so many more options than I could on my prepared foods diet. I have yet to feel deprived (even had a glass of red wine last night as I had the avail calories...so why not? ) and as a matter of fact I have a hard time eating all my alloted cals! I gained back 50 of my 80 lbs I had lost and I'm quite sure with this kind of eating it is a lifestyle change I can keep! Yeah!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 02-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #6  

Hello my Peeps!

I believe I have a case of the winter blahs. I was sitting here listening to the "committee" complaining in my head and just wanting to go home and take a long nap. I think I was a bear in another life cuz in the winter, I want to hibernate!

I tossed my digital scale as it was messing with my moods. I brought a regular spring scale at Bed Bath and Beyond. The regular spring scale wavers less than the digital one. Even changing the batteries didn't help with the digital one. I'm not sure if temperature or humidity or stray cat or dog hairs messed it up, but it would fluctuate 6-8 lbs a day.

The weather changes are also playing havoc with my sinuses. Then the insurance company is starting to balk at paying for one medication. It's the little things that are frustrating me right now. I keep going back to things I'm grateful for - like right now the goldens, the parrot and Boss kitty are all doing very well. I'm not gaining weight (but not losing either). I'm over the flu. I have a secure job. My car is mostly running (odd lights appear on the dash periodically for no reason. I think it's possessed).

Thanks for hearing me whine, rant and ramble!!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 02-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #7  

Michelle: sounds like you have a plan in place and it is a good one! Way to go.

Rat: Hugs. So sorry that you are sturggling with "life" right now. The winter seems to get to me too. So much so that I think about going to a tanning salon once a week or so just to get some simulated sunshine. lol. Glad things are okay and that you are trying to look on the positive side. Sometimes that is all we can do. Hang in there and hugs.

I have had 3 pretty op days in a row and the further the days get in the more op I have been able to be. I am very pleased with that and I am hoping that when I weigh tomorrow, not that I don't weigh every day, my scale continues to show loss. If I posted today it sure would so hopefully tomorrow which is my official day for posting weight it will be even better than today

We are having a little superbowl get together at our house and we are having lots of snacks.... so, I am hoping that I can keep a strong resolve and remember that having my brown skirt in a size large that fit nicely today is wayyyy better than any snack food can ever be.

Love, Hugs and blessings,
Annie
Old 02-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Hooray for weighing in at 267 today! For some reason the 260s feel like a monumental accomplishment to me. More than I expected they would.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #9  

Good Morning everyone,

Neon: Yippppppeeeee! That is a wonderful and major accomplishment. I am so happy for you and so proud of you. Keep on going hon.

Hi to everyone else who lurks or posts here

I updated my weight loss tracker today. I weigh officially on Friday and I actually got to change it today from the loooooong stall I was at 252 for so long. Well, I am in the 240's. Barely but I'm in there So onward and downward! It feels amazing even though my lowest was 211 I'm so thrilled to see 249 today!

Everyone have a wonderful op smile filled and warm day!

Blessings,
Annie
Old 02-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #10  

Hello all!

w00h00 Annie and Neon! Congrats on your successes!

I'm not as funky as the other day. Still trying to list things that I am grateful for instead of focusing on the tiny little life things that sneak up and try to derail me.

I hope all the people affected by that horrid storm are safe and warm.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 02-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 363/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Hello all! I hope this finds you warm and snug! It's a chilly one here in Indiana. I'm glad in a weird way that winter gives some of you the blahs too. Went to Arbys tonight with DH. Made good choices accept for the broccoli and cheddar baked potato! Geesh almost 400 calories! I'll still chart it though,
Accountabilty
Old 02-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! WTG annie & Neon on your losses! I'm so proud of you both! I must admit to being a bit fed up... I exercised (even though my hip was sore) stayed 100% OP and GAINED 1 1/2 lbs!!! WTF???? Tom is here though so I'm hoping it's that, I refused to give in to ginger nuts (bicuits/cookies, very thin & crispy and my FAVE!) crisps (chips) or bread, I was SO PROUD of myself! Anyway I will measure myself later as I'm sure there will be some loss there ( bl**dy better be!)
Mrsralphy that cheesy stuff sounds gorgeous! lol I'm sure a little won't hurt your loss over a week. xxxx
Ratkitty, I'm there with you! My birthday is imminent and I'm still fat, it is hard to focus on what's good when you feel like this but I'm sure when the sun starts shining again you'll feel better. Failing that play with your kitty or stick sellotape to your dogs' tails (sorry I know it's cruel!) it always makes me laugh! My dog brings it back to be put on again! (I would never hurt or distress my dog---- before someone complains!)xxxxxx
Well it's past food time and I have work to do.
xxxx sharon
Old 02-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #13  

Hello My Peeps!

Sharon, you are so funny. If I put tape on my doggies' tails they'd just wag them happily and want to be petted. They are golden retrievers. I can dress them up and they just wag their tails happily and want to be petted. They are currently snoring in their beds now. When Charley had his tumor on his side that was infected, I put an old T-shirt of mine on him and pinned it up so he wouldn't lick the area. He was so funny looking walking around in it, but it worked and he didn't worry the area. He didn't care he was wearing the T-shirt. He just wagged his tail and wanted to be petted. LOL.

I think I'm going to make spaghetti sauce today. Need to run to the store for supplies. I like to freeze it in small containers.

Hugs to all, stay warm.
Ratkity
Old 02-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #14  

Good Morning all,

Cold here as most places are right now but no snow I want snow. I really like the snow in the winter and would love to have some more of it. Right now our ground has no snow. Only the surrounding mountains have snow.

I have a lot to do today because tomorrow we are having people over for Superbowl. I am not going to go too crazy on cleaning my house mostly because I just did it on Tuesday and it is still pretty clean. I will kind of spot clean today. I already changed the sheets on my bed and the other ones are in the washer right now. So, laundry today too. I am still without a car because Joel is taking our only working vehicle to work and then he has to go out to another small town around here because he found a fuel pump there, used, for $20 that a guys is selling off of his car that he is parting out. I am praying it will work because the one for our car also used but rebuilt is $300 so that would be quite a savings.

When Joel gets home I will go to Walmart I guess and purchase the rest of the things that I need for superbowl snacks. Not much left but I do need milk for Joel Also some canned dog food. lol. My doggies get a tiny bit of it on their dinner if there is no leftovers for them.

I am hoping to make time to do my Dance Party 2 Wii game that I got for Christmas and maybe start doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and really stick with it and see what my body does with it. As soon as our car is fixed and I have the truck back to drive daily I will be going back to the Kroc Center to swim and walk on the track and do weights.

Speaking of doggies. I am wanting to brush Molly today. Her hair is so long that it takes a good deal of time. It natrually wants to do dreadlocks. lol. I also need to do their toes today, trim them etc.

Rat: I'm glad that you are doing better. Goldens are so sweet. I just love them. This is the first time in a very long time that I haven't had a dog that is at least 1/2 Golden. Moose is 1/2 lab so that is kind of the same traits but Molly..... well, she is a different cookie all together. Her personality is so demanding and well, just different than any other type of dog I've ever had. lol. I crack of thinking about your babies dressed up.

Sharon: I think it sounds funny as long as your dog doesn't mind. lol. Good entertainment. And I know that you sure love him and wouldn't do anything to hurt him ever Sorry for the gain but.... you know it is because of TOM! Be kind to yourself and continue on your path. You are doing so well and you should be proud of you! I sure am proud of you for not eating all of those yummy snacks you were talking about especially when it is TOM. That is hard my friend. Hugs.

MrsRalphie: Nice to meet you! Good for you at making the good choices at ARby's. I used to love their loaded potato things. I could just scarf on them. lol. Now I'm not very crazy about potatoes. Great job though. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

Well, I've blabbed on enough for now. I think I better go get a bit busy on my house after a quick stop in on Facebook to answer some posts.

love, hugs and many blessings (stay safe and warm)
Annie
Old 02-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #15  
Dinkachu

S/C/G: 497/455/150

Height: 5'2 "

Hello from sunny Florida - feeling a bit guilty every time the air-conditioner comes on, but all of you snow bound folks can make fun of me in July when I am melting!

Congratulations on all the weight losses and non-scale victories. I am dancing with the same 10 pounds .... I lose it, it finds me...I lose it..... it finds me and brings friends.....got to get back on track (after our superbowl party tomorrow).

RAT: Sure hope you are feeling better - We dress our chihuahua every day. He has little rain boots and furr lined ones for the winter. He then amuses us by spending his day taking his clothes off and hiding them from us.

SHARON: So proud of you for resisting temptation.

NEON: The 260's are an amazing accomplishment for anyone!!!! Proud of you!!!!

ANNIE: Dear Annie, be careful and don't overdo it!!!

Blessings to all.....Lindy
Closed Thread