Old 12-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Ugh! Feeling Disgusted With Myself!

I completely let myself go over the holiday. I ate often and not really well. I don't know what I was thinking and I haven't even stepped on a scale over the past few days because I can't even bear to see the damage I've done. I know I need to so I can have an accounting of where I'm at but I'm so frustrated with myself.

I know better than this. I had gone for nearly 3 months with barely a blip (2 planned "off plan" meals - that's it) and then the past week has been insane. It was just so easy to order pizza, grab Chinese and don't forget about all the Christmas gatherings, holiday parties, etc.

I'm having issues today trying to get myself firmly back on plan. I just ate a small bowl of chips - I logged them and they fit in my calorie count for the day but it's just something I wouldn't normally do at all. UGH!

Time to get right back on the horse. No way am I going to let this continue - I slipped but I can pull myself back up. Right?

*I just want to cry*
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5

don't be too hard on yourself. What is done is done and it's how you react now that will make or break your diet.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie View Post
don't be too hard on yourself. What is done is done and it's how you react now that will make or break your diet.
That is true. I can't undo it so I can only go forward and I will go forward. This is a lifetime change for me and sometimes life happens but instead of using it as an excuse to say "oh well - shot that one in the foot" I'm going to instead pick myself back up and go back to making appropriate choices.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine73 View Post
That is true. I can't undo it so I can only go forward and I will go forward. This is a lifetime change for me and sometimes life happens but instead of using it as an excuse to say "oh well - shot that one in the foot" I'm going to instead pick myself back up and go back to making appropriate choices.
Exactly! I gained 5 lbs in 3 or 4 days and only 2 days were kind of bad when it came to food choices...but I still gained. I have been back on plan today religiously. I don't want the 5 lb gain to turn into 10 or 15 . So, start making good choices and continue on your road to success. Everyone slips up from time to time and holidays are very tempting.
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

From my low weight for the month, I'm up 5 pounds. Nipping this thing in the bud. Starting NOW!
4xcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #6  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

You're not alone- my scale was up 5.5 pounds this morning Made some less than inspired choices in the last few days....

The important thing is that the unhealthy choices become the exception, not the rule, and that you never let them be an excuse to give up.
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 349/T/180

Height: 5'8

I totally get what your saying...I have made some terrible choices these last few days and I was really mad at myself for doing it. I had met my mini goal this month, but then stuffed my face with all kinds of junk!!! IDK, why I did this, but I did and it is what it is...now it is up to me to get back on track and move forward in a good way. I have thrown out everything that was left over or given to me that I know makes me lose control, (chocolate, cookies, salted nuts, etc). I have not got on the scale, so I don't know what the weight gain is...but I have decided not to weigh myself for another week, otherwise I might have a Dorito pitty party!!!
Well good luck and remember you are not perfect...but you can do this!!!
KTFaith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #8  
Flab to Fab! is my goal

S/C/G: 357/356/160

Height: 64 inches

I too overate for the holidays and I gained ALL of the weight that I had lost back....it is heart wrenching but i am on my fourth week of my diet/life-style change and I am not going to beat myself up.....let's make this small set back our motivation to triump!
BadBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5

I bet most of that weight gain is water retention.

and in my decades of diet experience I have found that weight you gain fast like that can be lost fast.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

I was guilty too! We can get back on track.
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #11  

Wow - I'm sorry we're all struggling but so glad that I'm not the only one!!

Hubs and I were talking about this last night and he pointed out that even my very thin friends usually put on a few pounds over the holidays and he said "you don't see them freaking out about it or beating themselves up over it". And he's right because the holidays are the exception, not the rule, for their eating habits. Once the holidays (and the associate parties/food temptations) are gone they go right back to their "normal" eating patterns.

And so am I. My new normal is eating healthy foods in healthy portion sizes. The indulgences of the holiday are just that - indulgences - not an excuse to eat like that every day!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 343/338/150

Height: 5'3

Wink

It's ok. Everyone has moments of weakness. The holidays are the worst for me. My mom gives cookies and fudge as gifts so it is sooooo hard to stay away from that. I did good though. I ate them in moderation and i am proud to say that i am down 4.6 pounds since december 21. I feel pretty good. I have been watching my portions and doing a food journal. I have gone from about 2700 calories a day down to 1500. We can do this!!!
annalobdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:05 PM   #13  
Joyce

S/C/G: 252/232/160

Height: 5'7"

I gained over thanks giving and all I ate off plan was three dinner rolls dressing and apple pie. I gained 7 pounds, but mostly it was water, I lost it all in a week. I messed up over christmas too with sweets, but i am one pound away from getting that back down too. You can fix it. Just dont give up!!
JoyceReal is offline   Reply With Quote