Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #280

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in
Old 11-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #2  

I successfully avoided all candy yesterday -- we just didn't buy any. But let's see what happens at work. I'm going to vow right now to just not eat a single bite of it. I don't need it.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

I didn't avoid it yesterday, as a matter of fact I knew I would have some...planned to all week. What I DID do though was vow to save every wrapper of every candy I consumed. I kept them in a plastic tupperware bowl with a lid and kept it with me all day. I knew I was going to eat it but what I wanted was to be "aware" of how much. Family and friends laughed and tried to sneak wrappers into my bowl that I had not consumed but I explained in no uncertain terms that it wasn't a joke and that it was very important to me. They backed off.

I ate candy happily...it wasn't as good as I had anticipated it would be. I ate quite a bit (counted the wrappers this morning) but in the end...far LESS than I would have and have done in the past. Victory =)
Old 11-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I made it POP all day long!! I got in my exercise and realised just how out of shape I have gotten.
I have the day off tomorrow and will be going to my md for my butt kicking that I totally deserve. I dread stepping on the scales!! I also dread the blood pressure reading, they have been running a bit higher lately. Im sure its due to the 20lbs I have gained and lack of exercise and sodium content of the food I have been eating.
Today was a step back in the right direction. I forgot that sweating can feel good!
I plan on shampooing carpets after the dr visit and then planting a few bulbs that I should already have in the ground.
Way to go on the candy!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #5  

Little victory for me tonight, too. Hubby went out to dinner with a group from work and brought back a LOT of tiramisu. My favorite dessert. I told him I didn't want any and wouldn't eat any. He asked if he could have some tonight and keep some around for tomorrow. I said no, I didn't want it in the house. So he ate some and (I presume) threw the rest away.

I haven't had the will and commitment to do something like that for a long while. Feels good.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #6  

Went to the dr and got a bit of a chewing out over my weight gain 22lbs. Then she flipped back thru my chart and said but really we need to focus on how far you have came and how much total weight you have loss. She said to just get back to losing and getting even healthier. She also asked for me to come in every other week and weigh in and get my blood pressure checked. I was losing my best when I made myself do that. Kinda like it held me accountable to someone other than me.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:59 AM   #7  

Great day yesterday...walked, ate right and got all my water in. Slept like a baby!! I think my mind may be in the right place.
How is everyone else doing??
I heard the word snow in our forcast for after midnight...just a few wet flakes but still!!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:37 AM   #8  

Debbie- - Same forecast here! Ugh.

Had a decent day yesterday. Just really busy these days!!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Doing well here too. This is a lesson in patience for me right now - DH did say he sees my body changing - nice words when I need them most since I'm very frustrated with the scale.

Going to try a new soup recipe this weekend - not sure which one - maybe the multi-bean that was posted here previously. Haven't heard the S word but they are talking about much colder.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #10  

WE have a cold rain falling and sleet is mixing in. Im not ready for winter!! We should be back in the 60s by monday.
Scales are stuck here and I have been doing great with food and exercise. Im wondering if I may need that waterpill after all. I will give it a few more days and see what happens.
Keep my dad in your thoughts and prayers he was readmitted to the hospital overnight.
NSV...I have to carry clothes from the basement up to 2nd floor each season. I always have hubby do it because Im too weak. Well this year I was able to carry up and down all by myself.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:13 AM   #11  

Debbie - What a GREAT NSV! I hope your dad is okay.

Challenging food weekend ahead... lots of food events. I've worked in a way to get a lot of exercise tomorrow, but need to keep myself focused.

And there's so much to do at work!!!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #12  

update on my dad. He is doing good. We are so lucky antibotics work so well for him. He may be going back to the resthome by sunday.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Trouble sleeping these days causing some health concerns - why is it so hard as we age? Finally hit me that can also slow the weight loss. I was able to get a two hour nap - hey it's a start.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #14  

Debbie -- Good to hear about your dad!

Carol -- Yes, we gotta get our Zzss! I wish I could get more, but I do the best I can.

Have a busy day today -- LUNCH in the big city with a friend (was just in the big city for DINNER last night) and then DINNER out with friends tonight. It's a weight loss train wreck I tell ya.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #15  

heather- just try and make the best choices you can! Have fun!!

carol- I cant function without sleep!!!!

Im fixing hubby breakfast this morning and then shampooing carpets. Im counting half of it as exercise. Im going to tackle finishing painting the dinning room next weekend. Time to get things ready and fresh for the holidays. I cant believe how fast they are coming.
Scales- didnt move at all this week. Im thinking maybe its my body readjusting to the lack of the water pill. I havent done anything off plan. Plus I have done lots of exercise. It will come off....
Closed Thread