Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 04:56 PM   #16  

Wow GGG!

211g of protein? That's a lot. I'm lucky to get in 80-90g and keeping my carbs from 50-100g. Letsee, some suggestions:

Deviled eggs
Boiled/grilled shrimp
Almonds
Protein shakes (muscle milk is tolerable for me, no sugar alcohols)
Taco dip (cream cheese, stir fry beef in taco seasoning, taco sauce and grated cheese on top.. baked at 350 until cheese bubbles and browns)
Lobster
Spaghetti sauce (homemade with lotsa meat!) with dreamfield's pasta (low carb)
Spaghetti sauce (see above) with ricotta cheese and shredded cheese
Black beans and sour cream (easy on rice)
Chili (even Wendy's chili is high protein)
Omelets
Refried beans, sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese and avocado.. no tortilla or low carb ones.
Mashed potatos with protein powder in them
Egg salad
Boiled eggs
Tuna
Bacon
Steak
Chicken

Those are what come to mind now. Keeping the carbs low is a challenge.

The BMR stuff sounds really cool! (colonoscopy, not so much).

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 04-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Rat - DH is gone for the weekend so planning on planning - if that makes sense when I feel like eating again. You're right - the BMR stuff is great - I love new info to work on, especially when it's my personal measurement.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 354.2/341/176

Height: 5ft 61/2ins

Hello Everyone, I first checked out your thread in November and I'm ashamed to admit that I still haven't committed to exercising even though I'm absolutely convinced of its benefits. My knees hurt with even the smallest movements and I suffer body pains. I feel that if I can lose some weight first through dieting, getting out and about will become easier. Is this self-delusional? I'd like to contribute to the group/team goal for this month. Help me get started on something. Anyone with ideas for someone not moving yet?
A million thanks.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Grace -- We had a member who couldn't really walk at first. She did scissor kicks in bed.

When I first started losing, I just started "moving more." I parked further away when shopping, I walked up the stairs to ask a question, rather than yelling up... little things at first...
Old 04-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #20  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi ladies, not much to say, nor time to say it in, just wanted to say hello, and I hope we're all up for an OP week.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 335/319/175

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone! Thanks very much for the welcomes

Its been a rough week here. Several times I allowed stress to overrule my healthy eating intentions. Also I was only able to get to the gym 1x. Its been really disheartening how hard its been to get back to doing cardio after the knee replacement. My kneecap was also replaced and its giving me a fair bit of discomfort when I do the treadmill (actually its fine during, but after .. ouch!). I plan to try the recumbent bike when I go tonight and maybe the elliptical as well. I know from past experience that my eating falls into line when I'm exercising regularly so I'm really hoping I can get into a groove at the gym!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

STOP!!! New week, new thread!!
Closed Thread