Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #16  

Willow, sorry to hear about your dad. Arm yourself with information! I'm glad you aren't an only child.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 03-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Evening all..

I am hear reading..trying not to spend so much time on the comouter.

I seen a pic of our grandchild..on the EX's Facebook. SHe is cute. I also found out that she was born on Feb 2nd. SHe was due Feb23rd. THat was all through a grapevine. She didnt call or anything. I am off next week so we are seeing a lawyer. I am sure the lawyer will just tell us what we want to hear. How can she be so heartless!!!!

I am working on a fairy embroidery thing lol for my niece for her birthday. Her birthday party is the 27th so I gotta get going on it. She like her auntie LOVES them!!!

Hugs to all!!! Seems like everyone is going through a rough something
Old 03-03-2010, 03:19 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Rat: Yep, lots of tack no horsey.....yet. I will be praying kitty prayers!

Catherine: Glad you are mostly okay. Hugs

Cyn: I just can't believe the way some people are sometimes. I should know by now that we have lots of meanies in this world but when I hear things like what your grandchild's mom is doing it makes my heart sad. Hugs and I hope you get to meet her very soon!

I started the Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred yesterday. I only did about 10 miniutes of it. It kicked my bootie. I am gonna try to do more of it tonight or tomorrow night with Joel. He doesn't want me to do it alone (heart things) so he said he would try it with me 2 times a week to start with. I am excited. I did the elliptical today for 30 minutes and it feels fantastic to workout again. I am journaling my food today. If it goes in my mouth it goes on my paper. I am also journaling my feelings as I eat/drink things. I wanna get this extra weight off once and for all.

Have a wonderful day,
Blessings,
Annie
Old 03-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #19  

Kitty update: She isn't doing well. Her kidneys aren't working right. Vet and I are going to try giving her fluids as much as we can and anti-nausea meds. Unfortunately, it's the beginning of the end. My mom keeps talking about her dying and I'm not ready yet. I was getting irritated when talking to her on the phone tonight. I finally just said I was tired and was heading to bed.

Vet gave her fluids today and she ate some treats tonight. Always a positive thing.

I'm hanging in there.

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 03-04-2010, 03:40 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Sorry Ratkitty, I hope she either hangs in there or goes to sleep peacefully. I know you don't want her to suffer and that you are a very bright and kind woman, hold onto that. When I took Tiga I kept thinking of the life he could have had (we bought him aged 1 from druggies who were horrible to him) and the life he had with us, love, long walks, lots of playing and proper food/vet care, you have given her a wonderful, kind home, remember that.xxxxxxxxxx
Willow sorry about your Dad, you bare doing what you can and I'm sure he appreciates what you're doing for him.xxxxxxxxxx
Had a few bad days, no TOM but lots of pain and getting very sweaty (ick) feel very tired, wish it would hurry up.
xxxxxxx sharon
Old 03-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #21  

RK, I am so sorry about your cat.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #22  

Rat: Hugs, hugs, Hugs!

Sharon: sorry you are not feeling so great. Hugs to you too.

Peggy: Hi there

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-04-2010, 11:56 AM   #23  
Ready To Be Healthy!!

S/C/G: 312/292/150

Height: 5'7"

Rat ~ I do hope your kitty starts feeling better soon! Hold on there!!

Annie ~ Sounds like you are kickin' some serious booty!! Good Job! Let me know of the Jillian Michaels 30 Shread works for you...I have been thinking about picking it up whenever I see it...

Sharon ~ Thanks for that...I do appreciate it. How are you holding up over there??

Cyn ~ Sending you positive thoughts and hoping that by some highter power you don't need that lawyer...I do hope you get to see that grandbaby soon! Congrats on the new addition to your family!

Well, this week is pretty good. Putting the stuff with my dad aside (cause that is just crappy anyway I look at it!) I upped my intervals on my running. I can run for 1.5 minutes/walk 3.5 minutes now when I do my hour on the treadmill! Makes me happy to know that I am working forward and that I will get to running that mile without stopping someday! Going to weigh myself tomorrow...hoping that the scale moves at least a pound!! (it's been my TOM this week) Just been happy to be able to get on here and start being a part...you know what I mean.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #24  

Hi Annie...hope you are hanging in there!

My doc is going to call me tonight as I left a message that I had questions regarding my latest bloodwork results...and I am still having fatigue, mind fog, forgetfulness, cold. Well, I am going to ask her to prescribe Cytomel (T3) as I am on Levothyroxine (T4) and my T4 is HIGH and my T3 while in range is sitting at the bottom of range making me think I am not converting my T4 to T3. Please send good hopeful thoughts that she will have an open mind. I really hate to switch docs....but I will if I do not get appropriately medicated. I just feel like crap!

Other than *that*.....all is well.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #25  

Thank you all for the kitty prayers. RatRat is rallying and eating with extra fluids and anti-nausea shots. The vet thinks it is a positive thing she is eating in response to the fluids. She got more fluids today and will get another 100 mLs on Saturday. I gave her an appetite pill covered in liver pate and for the first time in her evil 15 yr life, she ate it all! She's a difficult cat to pill, to say the least (see the look in my avatar).

I am continuing to heal everyday. I worked full time all week and have only been mildly uncomfortable at times (sitting in long meetings). With the excception of today, I'm doing great getting 64 oz of fluids. The day isn't over yet, and I will get in all my vitamins and water. These are the 2 essential things during healing (water is most important). I actually reached my ultimate protein goal of 120+g of protein one day.. yay! I'm a work in progress.

Hugs to everyone!
Ratkity
Old 03-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #26  

Willow: It really won't be a fair judgment on the 30 day shred as I can't do it every day. I am limited in my exercise (heart attack in October of last year and not yet released for exercise) So, I am sneaking it in every other day or whenever I can do it. I will let you know one thing. I was in excellent shape before heart attack and could exercise for over 2 hours at a time and that 30 day shred the other day kicked my bootie big time. I was so sore from all the pushups later on in the day and especially the next day. I love to feel my muscles working.

Rat: So happy that your baby is perking up. Joel and I had a brief chat this morning about our sweet ole Pepper. She has arthritus pretty badly in her back hips and she is already on lots of pain meds etc. for it and lately she has been falling a lot, a lot lot and not being able to get up. I have been helping her and we love her so much she is our first doggie and we have had her 12 years and she was the daughter that I never could have so we love her so much as I'm sure you understand. We both know that for Pepper we need to get ready for letting her go to heaven. It sucks and I am already dreading that day. So, I am especially glad that your baby is doing better. Hugs to you on feeling healthier and getting in all your vitamins and protein. I have recently tried to really concentrate on my protein and calories and water intake. I was sadly lacking before. Thanks for being such a great inspiration and reminder of what I need to do for my health. Hugs.

Peggy: I hope your Doc calls you soon. I am still waiting for a surgery date. I can't wait to get this out and then move on with my life.

I just took both of my furbabies for a car ride. Trying to get Moose socialized for the car and other people. He loves to take a loooong nap after he has lunch so he was grumpy that I woke him up to sit in the back seat with his sister. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #27  

Oh dear Annie,

We are *never* prepared when our furkid sons or daughters leave us. No matter how obvious to other people. Ratrat ate some of her fav chicken food mixed with warm water for gravy (her grandma started her on that when here to help me after surgery). Just a couple of tsp of hot water mixed in her wet food. Can you say spoiled?!

Since it's been warmer, I've been locking the dogs in the basement (they have access to fenced in backyard thru basement doggie door) and letting the parrot and cat have the house.

I was inspired by my dad who was sprouting his own tomato and pepper plants. I got a nursery rack and started my own! These hanging tomato and pepper planters were on sale at Home Depot for $10 so I got two. I have to plant veggies on my front porch because a certain bad golden eats all the produce when it's in the backyard. Silly dog.

I'm so ready for more energy to come back to me. I'd say I was about 90%. I suppose it's pretty good for 4 weeks from major surgery!

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 03-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Ratkitty SO pleased evil kitty is rallying and eating AND that you are feeling better & healing well. xxxxxxxxx
Annie I hope your dog isn't in too much pain, I hope the warm weather coming helps. Have you tried herbal animal pills and cod liver oil for her?
xxxxxx sharon
Old 03-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Evening all...

Just been sort of quiet here...

My oldest is still having hives. He only has a few a day..but I guess I will take him back to the derm. I am so angry that I could not protect him and not let this happen to him. I am thinking if it is from the solodyn that it will take a long time to get it out of his system since he was taking for 3 weeks b4 he broke out. I just hope it is not something more serious.

My youngest has been having stomach aches and bowl trouble. He said to me that he had a nervous breakdown this morning. He is 15. I asked what that means. I guess this morning he sat in the bathroom and cried! He hates his school. He has a learning disability..with reading mainly.and I guess he is struggling. I am thinking of taking him out and putting him in a charter school. I feel like a HORRIBLE mom for moving him from his friends! There is nothing I can do about it now. He said that is not it..he just is struggling.

Hubby is talking about moving to colorado again. Not til our youngest is out of schhol though. I so want to go..but I so want to stay. I hate making decisions
Closed Thread