Old 01-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #1  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Depressed..Feeling Alone in this Battle :(

Wow it seems as though its been forever since I have logged on to the site, maybe thats part of my problem...I NEED to be here more often! Last summer I lost 30lbs in 3 months and was feeling fabulous! I felt as though nothing could stop me...well something stopped me alright...and that something was ME I came home for a visit to find my family in really bad financial trouble so I moved back home, got a job and helped out...BIG MISTAKE! I have spiraled back into stress eating and I have NO energy what so ever. I wanted so badly to help my family that I didn't even think about what effect it would have on me. I still have my gym membership but I just cant find the energy to go, Im emotionally exhausted. Any ideas how I can beat this?
Inkedmama98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

I think the important thing is that you have realized that you must take care of yourself. When I fall back into that "take care of others first then myself last" phase, I come to the realization that is going beyond hurting me inside and out. Then I look at the steps I need to take and I will literally focus on getting my eating under control because without food I do lack energy. If I don't take care of myself, I lack energy. As I get my food under control I start to focus on small goals. For example, November I went through a bad depression, which flowed into December. Jan 1st I started taking care of myself again, renewing my commitments. I focused on food and then while I was feeding myself to create energy, I made goals like moving around more, going out more, and now I'm ready to focus on exercise. This is how I go about things, certainly not the only way.

I think part of the problem is that we often feel we must dive back in and correct everything, do everything, at once and then we feel stressed, burned out, or just plain tired. Living a lifestyle means every day and certainly finding the problem areas and hammering them out takes time, so I don't feel I need to rush around every second. I'm not 100% there, where ever that might be, but I'm much more happier than I have been for the past few months. I feel like I am accomplishing goals and taking care of myself. I guess my point of view is, I don't need to beat anything...rather focus on taking care of myself. I know how to, it is just accepting that I NEED to first.

Hang in there, you can totally refocus yourself. You already took the first step. *HUGS*

Last edited by Jacquie668; 01-18-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #3  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Well done you for helping your family out. Now, be kind to yourself and help yourself out!

Can you start with setting yourself some little goals that will make you feel good and encourage you to keep going? Cut down on some food you would usually eat too much off. Set yourself a time to go to the gym, even once a week and make yourself go. You know you will feel better for it
SuomiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Hey Inkedmama,
I can totally relate to your feelings, I disappeared from here last spring and spiraled into a slump, while I didn't regain any of the weight I lost last year, I didn't keep on my weight loss journey and piddled away 7 months. Where I could have been this last Christmas and where I was were totally different. I agree that checking in here on a regular basis here is key, having accountability to yourself and others.
We struggle with feelings of guilt of selfishness when we put ourselves first, all that means it that we are compassionate creatures. BUT you have to remember that if you really want to help your family, the best way you can do that is taking care of yourself so you're in the best position, physically and emotionally. To be spent and exhausted doesn't help them and it sure as heck doesn't help you.
You still have our gym membership, use it, even if it's just for 15 minutes at first. Would you turn down giving yourself a diamond necklace as a treat? NO you wouldn't. Your health and healthy spirit is worth a million diamond necklaces and you are worth everything!!
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #5  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm climbing out of a funk as well, one I fell into for similar reasons. Somedays I look around and wonder how I arrived in this place. Some of the caretaking going on is completely manipulating and it seems to take all my emotional energy to get out from underneath it.

I've struggled and struggled to get my eating back on track, the fitness routine, etc. It's true that my health needs to be of highest priority. I truly am needed. But that didn't seem to help motivate me on any level. However, just this week, I discovered that finding other things that really rev my engine, emotionally, creatively, spiritually, seem to have more power over my motivation for self care than anything else.

Maybe you need to put back some spark into your life through other avenues as well. What can you do that's purely fun, piques your interest and gets your juices going? Perhaps the energy you get back from that will help fuel your health ambitions.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Smile

Be assured that you are not alone. Nope, there are tons of us here to help you and support you and we are all after the same goal---better health, weight loss, feeling better about ourselves, etc.

I am similar to you in that when I don't want to think about my weight or my health or eating better, I avoid places like 3fc. The reality is that this site and its support is really what I need to stay on track.

You can be successful in your goals. You have plenty of people here who will support and encourage you.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #7  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Thank you all SOOOO much!! You have made me feel a lot better The weather is warm for this time of year so I went for a walk yesterday....it is amazing what a little fresh air can do!
Inkedmama98 is offline   Reply With Quote