Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #31  

Annie,

We are here for you, thick and thin.. for better or worse! OMG, we are like a marriage.. hehe.

You folks have helped me during times of high stress. Yes, I am like so many and isolate when I'm not doing well. A hug from my peeps here many times was the lift I needed to get thru another set of life's little experiences (I use that phrase loosely!).

For all of those going thru lots.. don't worry about being too depressing to post stuff.

Hugs to Annie and all my struggling lurkers and isolaters!

Ratkity
Old 11-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Annie: I am praying things get better for you. We are here for you no matter what..I know you know that.

As for me: I watched my niece today. We went to the library which was so much fun. She like her Auntie LOVE books. Then we came home and watch cartoons..lol ..she took a nap and then we had dinner. She didnt even cry when her mom left her here.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hello again, ladies! So, how are you all going to handle the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday (well, those of us in the US)? I'm cooking dinner for just my boyfriend & I this year...I decided to forego the family holiday for personal reasons...and I was doing my research tonight, and came up with a menu! I'm getting two boneless skinless turkey breasts, making a light gravy, some low sodium light stuffing, yams with marshmallows (just for the boyfriend), and one baked, skinned potato for me. An for dessert, we're doing Pumpkin Spice muffins (only 93 cals a piece!) with a spoonful of light cool whip on top! The whole meal should be under 500 calories!

I'm not going to let myself use the holiday as an excuse to binge.

Last edited by kayleystar; 11-14-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkitten View Post
Annie,

We are here for you, thick and thin.. for better or worse! OMG, we are like a marriage.. hehe.

You folks have helped me during times of high stress. Yes, I am like so many and isolate when I'm not doing well. A hug from my peeps here many times was the lift I needed to get thru another set of life's little experiences (I use that phrase loosely!).

For all of those going thru lots.. don't worry about being too depressing to post stuff.

Hugs to Annie and all my struggling lurkers and isolaters!

Ratkity
As always, well said Rat. You have all helped me so much.

Rat - do you have a surgery date yet?
Old 11-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Annie - I hope you are hanging in there, it sounds like you are. Thinking of you and sending you good and healing vibes *HUGS*

I've been really quiet lately...I've been down myself, I think I'm in that group going through things that just sort of retreat to their inner self for a bit...

I dunno...blah blah.

Anyhow, my weight is the same...though I am on TOM and it is a lot lower than last month...perhaps that means something good.

*HUGS*
Old 11-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggirls View Post
As always, well said Rat. You have all helped me so much.

Rat - do you have a surgery date yet?
Funny you should ask... I just got my insurance approved Friday afternoon!!! This means a date sometime in January!!!!

I'm so excited. The biggest hurdle is passed.. ok, not just the insurance stuff and all the pre-op hurdles, but I finally told my Mom. BikerMa is an opinionated woman, but is open-minded and said she would be very supportive. One of my fears was that I'd have to deal with my own fears as well as hers (if that makes any sense). Again, a saying a good friend told me once comes to mind "Fear knocked, Faith answered and nothing was there". It's amazing how my lizards become instant dragons.. just add my imagination!

Hugs,
Ratkity

Last edited by Ratkitten; 11-15-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

kayley: I am not even sure what we are doing for thanksgiving. My sister will be at her mother in laws and my aunt is going to her daughters. We may just go out to eat and take a drive not sure

Jacquie: miss your posts! I know what you mean though...try not to be hard on yourself..work it out and get back to posting

As for me: I cleaned a bit today. I also got a card done for OWH. The V-day cards are due out in the mail by Jan 5th soo I am working on those and also general cards. I am waiting for the Cardinals game to come on. Then I will retreat to sewing.

My brother FINALLY got a job. Well his old job back just at a different place. I am hoping he can start helping with bills in Jan. Well I knwo he will, just don't know how much yet. It was suppose to be $440 a month, but I know that his pay went down some. But hey even if we go $400 you cant find a place cheap like that here.

Last edited by azcyn; 11-15-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #38  

Good afternoon, ladies! I hope you all had a great weekend. I finally start my 2nd internship tomorrow, working for the county judge. I'll be doing lots of stuff, and it's going to be a busy 6 weeks for me, as I have to put in 132 hours of unpaid work by December 12th. Yikes! At least I'm out of school until December 1st, so I can concentrate fully on that (just need to catch up with some homework).

Ratkitten - That's just great that you were approved! Wow...January will be here before you know it! I'm glad that you've got a support system at home, too. So crucial.

Cyn - Glad to hear about your brother. I haven't been on much, been so busy, I never got a chance to ask if you're all settled in the new place? How are you liking it?
Old 11-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 360/308.4/165

Height: 5'11

Good Morning everyone! We'll its still morning for another 20mins for us in Hawaii. I'm new to the group and look forward to getting to know all of you lovelies.

Kayley - Thanksgiving this year I am with my parents as usual, but I will be doing half of the cooking. My mom will be cooking all the traditional food and I have decided to throw in 3-4 dishes that are healthy and tasty. As long as I don't let my dad know before he eats it that they are healthy I'm sure he'll enjoy them. After he tries it then He's okay with it being healthy for him.

I guess he figures most healthy food is bland.

I've decided to do my exercising at night before i take my shower and go to bed since in the morning my son is all over the place and I spend most of my time chasing after him.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #40  

Tattooedmom - Hello & welcome to the forum! This is a great group of people, and I'm sure you'll love it here! What kind of diet/exercise plan are you following?

Oh how I'd love to be in Hawaii right about now!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #41  

STOP and GO to the new thread!
Closed Thread