Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default Anybody with us?

When I first heard the story I was not happy but want to share from the beginning. There is a lovely 25 year old woman who works out with me at the hospital - normally same water and land classes. She is a social worker - helping people all the time. A few weeks ago she was shopping and is stopped by a man, unknown to her who says

DO YOU KNOW HOW FAT YOU ARE? Fuming yet? He goes on to ask if she is aware of what her BMI is.

Turns out he was casting for the new Dr. Oz show. She was flown to New York, met Bob Harper (YES) and will be featured on the Dr. Oz show - Friday this week I think. They will shadow her for 60 days and have challenged her to see what changes she can make for better health in that time. She was given a healthy eating plan - no diet.

I have taken on her challenge too - let's see what I can accomplish in the next 60 days. Anybody with us?
Old 09-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

I'm with you! This is just what I need I think. I need to get pumped up! What do you want us to do??? Just report our weight loss and other things in this thread or ??
Old 09-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #3  

Jacquie - I think for me what I will do is commit to 60 days of healthy eating and exercise. Suggestions for tracking would be welcomed. Maybe a daily challenge too?

Oh and watch her when I find out when it's on.

Last edited by gggirls; 09-14-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #4  

60 day challenge, love it. I can put something in my sig. Daily challenge would rock. I like that idea totally. Anything to get goals moving! I need challenges...I think I get bored without them.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 380/360/299

Height: 5.5

Thumbs up

I'm with you I would love to be apart of you challange, are we posting our workouts and weight? Let me know and I'm in.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 283/253/154

Height: 5ft 6

I'll participate, 60 days sounds good. I have alot to loose and also am pregnant. but large enough to keep loosing for the next few months anyhow
Old 09-15-2009, 07:07 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Count me in!!That would put us almost to thanksgiving. I would love to be at the 100lb mark by then. Those shows really push the exercise. I know for me I have not been getting enough until the last 2 weeks and I know I need to push it harder.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:11 AM   #8  

OK - today's challenge/goal

Log every bite that goes in your mouth. The goal is to stay within your program parameters.

Who will do tomorrow's challenge?
Old 09-15-2009, 07:20 AM   #9  

This challenge is about being healthy. Tommorow try to get all food groups in your diet. Be sure and keep the meat(protien) to the proper serving sizes,dont forget to drink your water. I always eat more veggies than the food charts say I need. I will continue to eat as many veggies and fruits as I want as long as they fit into my daily calorie limits.

I read that everyone needs to take 1000 iu of vitamin D to fight off this years swine flu. I think eating right will surely help our bodies be stronger and able to fight off flu season better.
Im going back to my smaller plate, sometime over the summer I started eating on a reg size dinner plate again.

Last edited by dgramie; 09-15-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:41 AM   #10  

Todays challenge is to try and get all food groups in. Also be sure and include exercise and water.

Yesterday was great! I did awesome with food and water and then increased my exercise reps last night.I can really tell I worked myself hard last night with weights.I am sore today but it feels soooooooo good.
How did you do yesterday?
I do have a concern for tonight.I have a fish fry at church and I really dont want to miss it.That would be the easiest thing to do is just stay home and not worry about what to eat. I am going and I will save a few calories from both breakfast and lunch to help me survive dinner. I will not have anything sweet even though they will be everywhere. Im debating about taking a salad so I know I have something I can eat.

have a great day
Old 09-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #11  

Yesterday I did okay. I have hurt my hip, very stiff and hurts at the moment, so I am limiting my activity until it heals up a bit more. Then I'll start walking and getting it back into motion. Anyhow, with eating I did okay. My cravings are really high right now, but I resisted junk food and opted for oatmeal, fruit, salad, and some light pasta for dinner. Not bad, could have done without the pasta.

Today I'm focusing on salads, oatmeal, and fruit. Going to possibly do a roasted okra curry for myself for dinner. Healthy.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #12  

Yesterday was great - tried Orange Cashew Chicken - a Rachel Ray modified recipe. Also walked and mowed my parents yard.

today I will get all food groups in - and exercise!

Jacquie - can you do some chair exercises while you heal? You up to providing tomorrow's challenge?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #13  

Yeah sure, I can do the next challenge.

How about get up and get out of the house and eat well and mindfully (meaning, think about what you are eating, why you are eating it, and appreciate it)? Go for a walk, go, get out and breathe in the fresh air. I'm going to be walking to get my hip back into action and I have been doing some chair exercises, just keeping it going so it doesn't get too stiff. Seems to be doing well
Old 09-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #14  

Great challenge - I have trouble with mindful eating - I just eat without thinking about it. Thanks Jacquie.

All food groups in and accounted for today - another great challenge.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #15  

I am proud to report I did great today. I even had the challenge of the churchs fish fry. NO dessert entered into my mouth!!
I also got all food groups in today.

Im not sure I will be able to get out of the house tommorow, I will have 3 kids plus my 11 month old granddaughter. I know I can jump on the minitramp in the morning and then lift after she is in bed for the night. IM sure I will get out and go to the playground at some point during the day.
Sure wish we had more people to join us in this challenge. Just think how great we are going to feel in 58 days!!
Closed Thread