Old 06-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 333/314/150

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy looking for a few friends

A little about myself, I am 29 years old and weigh 325. My husband of 5 years have 2 girls that will be turning 4 and 2 within the next few months. I'm so unhappy and can't seem to get off my *** to lose this weight. I just don't know how. I think I get stressed out thinking about my health and my life. I don't have anyone to turn to outside of my husband. If you can relate or think you can help me, let me know. I need to find support and something to help me get going on losing weight.
mylife040507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #2  
Brand New Chick

S/C/G: 320/320/165

Height: 5'10"

I'm new too! I totally know how you feel about finding people to turn to.

Can't wait to get to know you!

~Melissa
Melshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #3  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

So glad you've joined us! That's an excellent first step on your road to good health, to get an effective support system. These ladies are awesome!

How about you try something else, take another step towards your success...write down everything you eat in a day. Every bite. Do not judge yourself on your choices, you're just exploring the choices you make, and what kind of nutrition it provides you. Write down the calories, and how many grams of protein, carbohydrate and fat. Just do this for a few days.

Once you have this information, you can start making substitutions for some items, or eliminate some things altogether. I know that it's hard with a family, but I believe in you. I believe that you can do this.

I lost nearly fifty pounds just by rearranging my food choices. I eliminated all processed food, including white sugar, white flour. I eliminated butter. I cut WAY back on dairy (I get calcium from fortified almond milk instead, and sometimes, I just gotta have cheese!). I do not drink sodas or juice and rarely drink alcoholic beverages. I drink lots of water instead, and iced herbal teas. I get my carbohydrates from whole grains and fibrous vegetables. I don't eat processed meats (except uncured turkey bacon, once a week).

I recently gave up (again) the fast food habit. I've got more tweaking to do to my eating habits, but I don't believe in dieting. I will just make healthy food choices. I'm still working on the overeating thing. I do tend to take in too many calories. And even if you eat a lot of veggies, whole grains and lean meats, if you eat too many calories, you'll gain weight. I'm guilty of eating too many fats, even if those fats come from healthy sources like wild salmon, nuts, avocados and olive oil. And I still take in too much sodium. So I still have a lot of work to do, but these are things I know I can manage.

You can read my blog at http://half-the-woman.blogspot.com/. I talk about all my failures as well as my successes there. I don't have "perfect compliance" days. And I'm cool with that! I accept that I won't ever be perfect in my choices, and that there's a price to pay for that (like really, excruciatingly slow weight loss). But I'm still moving forward.

Take care, and welcome to the group!

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #4  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello Im Krista, I just turned 30 a few months ago. One thing that helps me is knowing I am not alone. When I am in pain, cant breathe, and ready to give up in the gym I think..somewhere, someone just as big as me is in the gym, sweating, hurting, and pressing forward and I will too! It is amazing how much it helps. Best of Luck to you You can do this!!!
Inkedmama98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #5  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

OOOOOO I cant believe I forgot to add this...I recently decided to make a "motivation board" for some it may be kind of embarrassing to take to the gym but if it works who cares right? lol. anyway take the small size poster board or get a big one and cut it into 4ths..then paste pictures on there of the things you want to live for - husband, kids, and I put things on mine that I want when Im thin..cute clothes, swimsuit, another baby, etc...I keep one at my house and one in the car so I see it all the time and it helps me to remember WHY I am pushing through the pain and everything on the board will make it all worth it I hope that helps!
Inkedmama98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #6  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Oh dear, it is overwhelming when you reach the breaking point, isn't it?

The best advice I can give you is just focus as far ahead of you as you can bear - a minute, an hour, a day, but don't worry about the end goal yet. Set bite-sized goals for yourself like 5 pounds, 10 pounds, 10% increments, just walking around the block, etc.

You are capable of doing this. If you don't have one, consider getting a digital food scale and start by just getting an idea of what you are currently eating calorie-wise. It is often a very eye opening experience to see what a real portion of a food looks like.

Last, come here for support! There is nothing like this forum when it comes to support, advice, hand-holding, and rear-kicking (when needed).

You can do this. Believe in yourself!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 138kg/127kg/72kg (304/280/160)

Height: 5foot 7inches

Hi,

Welcome! I'm fairly new here but feel so very comfortable discussing things with the other members. I have about the same amount of weight to lose but if I think of it in small lb pieces then I know I can do it. If is slip up well, there is always tomorrow.

Think of all the good things that will come your way as you lose the weight. Nice clothes, nice underwear - you know the sexy stuff, being able to do things more easily, and be able to join in with your kids. Now that's a biggie. Better health. You never know, little surprises may come your way as you lose it.

If you would like a buddy, I'm here. I live out on the wheat fields of NSW - very much a blokes' place. Not much support out here. My family live on the coast near Coffs Harbour. So for me, this web site is a God's send.

Be happy, we can do this.
Meggie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote