Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Just a quicky to let you know that I am loving that mini bike. I wasn't able to sit in a position where I could do the cycling without pain, but I used it on my arms, and in just 30 revolutions I burnt off 1.6 cals LOL. I was just trying it out, not doing a work out, but it's so good to know I can do something to help me lose weight and not give me pain. Yay. I'll be back tomorrow and hopefully will do some personals.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #62  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I survived my first water aerobics class in a month. The pool was open, but not the hot tub or handicap accessible locker room, so I had to brave the regular women's locker room. I can't take a shower in there, but it didn't kill me to wait until I got home. It's -20 and snowing outside, so himself arranged for us to have a ride home so I wouldn't trudge back through the snow to the bus stop with wet hair. I'm still cold, but I'm too tired to do anything but lounge under a blanket anyway. I'm sure I'll warm up around July.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Beth: Hugs to you hon on your depression. I'm so sorry that you are going through it. Your weight is just a number sweetie. I am sooo proud of you for doing something about it now and now waiting until you are my age to do it! Great job staying op!!!

Debi: I am so happy that you had a great Dr. appt. Woo hoo for lowering the blood pressure meds. I think you may just be coming off of them very soon!!!

Debbie: Stay safe sweetie. WE are not having anything like you are over there. Hugs to you. I feel very bad about that lady that lost her home and her furbaby. I would be so lost without mine. Hug your furbabies everyone.

Nightkat: Glad to see you back. Great job maintaining over the holidays. Congrats on only having 99 more to loose!!!!!

Ammi: I'm so thrilled that you liked the bike thing. I have a friend that I met in the Group thereapy class on Tuesdays and she only does that for exercise. It can work if you stick with it. I know you can do it. Sorry it hurt your bootie though. That stinks.

Catherine: Woo hoo for getting back to water aerobics.

I am just hanging out. I am considering doing the Jillian Michael's "Back Side" DVD today but may wait for my DH. He says he wants to do them too. We shall see. lol. I tried to show him some things last night and he said he is too sore from snow shoveling. I will let him slide for a while but the snow is melting away pretty quickly and he won't be doing any shoveling for a while, at least until the next snow fall in a week or two.

I made him roast beef and baked potatoes and brocoli and need to go get the taters out. I baked a few extra so I can do twice baked this weekend for him. I'm not much of a tater fan but I know Joel loves them. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 01-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

Ugh I keep snacking on all the "low cal" snack foods instead of veggies and fruits like I should be. I dont want them in the house b/c Ill overeat them but I dont want to not have them because Id much rather have 3 - 100 calorie sweets than 3 (or more) 250 calorie sweets like normal. If I dont have a better choice Ill find the bad stuff somewhere but when the "good" stuff is here Ill overeat it so its a toss up. I need to cut it down to one a day and eat veggies, fruit and maybe sugar free jello for snacks.

I have been getting in my water though anywhere from 4 - 9 bottles a day as a matter of fact.

DH made baked fish last night and tonight both. Something new for us served with veggies. It was okay.
Need to learn some new recipes.

Just wanted to say hello again!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

So nice to see all the positive things going on here - lots of exercise, water and great OP days stacking up! The scales will be going down. Today was my WI for TBL - I was excited to post a 7.25 lb release (thanks Rat). I have never seen the scale move that much in one week in my whole life other than when it goes up. That is over half of what I gained during the holidays - I'm ready to be rid of the rest of it too.

I noticed something recently - I gained 13 pounds in 2 weeks and I feel my clothes being a bit snugger. In the past I could gain 50 pounds and not notice. I hope that means the body and mind are getting more in tune with each other.

I bought some clothes online and they arrived today. It took DH and I both to manhandle the box - I can't wait to try them on - all for $60. I think it should get me through the summer - at least for non-work clothes. Included was a winter coat for next year - I really like it - at least it will give me some reason to look forward to winter next year.

Keep up the great work -
Carol
Old 01-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Evening ladies... I have been cutting these chats short because LIFE has been busy for me!!

Debbie54: Be safe with all that flooding! ALSO I look at your stuff all the time online!!! DO you take special requests? Being that I am doing slumber parties shows I will really need some nice bling bling!

dgramie:YEAh on getting some exercise done!! Being skinny is not all that it is cracked up to be..but healthy is!!

Beth: Don't beat yourself up about your weight sweetie! Take it one day at a time!

As for me I have 2 shows coming up for Slumber Parties that I am getting ready for!! Maybe this is my ticket outta my cubical at work that I sooo hate. TOM finally left..so in the AM exercise begins!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Hi Chickies,
Nightkatt, glad to see you back! That's wonderful that you didn't gain weight over the holidays!!

Ammi, work them arms!!

Catherine, hope you got warmed up some. It sucks being cold!!

Annie, did you do the "back side" DVD?

Carol, WTG!!!! That's a really great losing all that weight in one week! Have fun trying on the new clothes.

Cyn, I do take custom orders on clay. Haven't really had any on the jewelry but I'll give it a go. Just let me know what your looking for. I love a challenge!! Great that you're getting more parties. I hope you get lots so you can quit the "day" job!

The rain has let up!!! We can see the road in and out again! Suppose to get some non rain/sunny days ahead. We gotta get to the dump. We haven't been able to get to out trash since before Christmas so you can imagine how much is heaped outside. Still OP, but forgot how many days it's been. Didn't get exercise in today though. Just not feeling it. I know, I gotta do it even if I don't feel it.
hope everyone is having a great night
Debbie
Old 01-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #68  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

We are getting rain here in NorthWest Montana also. Our basement was leaking a bit in one place but my husband went outside and repiled some snow, put a few boards against the house and moved an empty fuel tank and it helped. The boys no longer need a raft to sleep in. Not really, it just leaked a tiny bit. My older son didn't even turn off his precious computer which has wires all over the floor.
I went shopping today for pants. I went last month and was very disappointed so I went again with my xmas money from my mom in law. I went to squalmart and found two pair. Here is the shocker for me, I bought size 22! I have been wearing a pair of 28's but they are falling off and a different style and brand. They are more snug than most other times I have purchased but they are not gross tight. The next size up was a perfect fit but they wouldn't fit very long in my opinion. I got some with a little stretch so they will last longer and be more comfy. I have always avoided stretch as I was determined to not wear old lady clothes but they are cute pants and my husband said I looked hot in them. (That was the best part also!)
Old 01-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hi girls,

Drive by tonite. I've been back - full force - to working and I've been needing LOTS of sleep. This means I've been working and sleeping and eating well - but not exercising. My body's not happy about it. I'm getting on the bike tomorrow morning come heck or high water.

Speaking of work - I have to get back to it.

Cheers!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

I am feeling better, not 100%, but better. TOM is still here, but the cold thingy seems to be receding. I was able to get a good walk in today. I know I need to work out harder though. I will get this weight off. Period.

Later guys,
Angie
Old 01-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #71  

Height: 5'7"

TGIF!!!! I am so glad today is my last day of work.Kids have been extra wired and not listening. THey have spent time in time out which didnt even seem to phase them. Today is a new day and I will enjoy them even if they are wilder than usual. NOt getting grandbaby today, maybe another friday will work out better for them.
I will exercise today. I have to get busy ...food has been pretty good overall this week. Water has been great!! just slacking on the exercise part.
hugs to all and lets move our bodies today!!
Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning Everyone,

I am soooo happy it is Friday. lol. I guess we all got spoiled the last few weeks of having a day off each week.

LookingForme: You sound so sad. Hugs sweetie. Just know that you are trying to change a life time of bad habits. You can't expet to change everything over night. You are doing fine. Just take one small step at a a time and I'm sure you will defeat all of the blocks in your path. Hugs. I love, love fish. lol. I am going to buy some today at Costco thanks to your talking about it. lol.

Carol: Carol, Carol, Carol!!!! Wowza! A release of 7.25 in one week is soooo awesome! Especially this far along in your journey. I'm so happy for you and a tiny bit envious because my scale is up 2 pounds today even though I know it is TOM. lol. I have been doing everything right this week so it has to be TOM. I can't wait to hear about how you like all of those new clothes!!

Cyn: Woo hoo to your 2 shows. I'm happy for you. I hope you smash it out of the ball park sweetie. Good luck to growing your business quickly and solidly.

Debbie: Nope, I didn't do backside. I went and got a trim on my hair and a color. I was hurting so much when I got home that I didn't exercise at all. Just cooked Joel his dinner and went to bed. Today, no excuses though. I will do it no matter what. So glad things are calming down weather wise for you guys. Hugs and stay dry.

Toni: Woo hoo for size 22 pants!!! Man I wish I would have saved some of mine for you sweetie. They were almost new but I passed them on to someone else already. Sorry. We live close enough that we could have "met up" to give them to you. Oh well. Congrats on that "Hot" comment from your DH too. I bet he is just thrilled that he has like a new Toni, hot new bod, hot new hair. Whew, smokin. Stay dry hon.

Mimi: Come on girl, you can squeeze some exercise in that full day of yours. I know you can do it. You will feel so proud of yourself and sooo much better for doing it. Please take good care of yourself sweetiepie.

Angie: So glad that you are feeling better. Hugs.

Beth, Ammi, Sharon, Becca, Val, Catherine, come say hi to us.

Bernice, Rat, Battle, Brenda, If any of you guys are lurking please stop in.

Zelma: hope you are having a wonderful trip and please come say hi when you get home.

All of you other MIA chickies: If you are lurking come back soon.

blessings all,
Annie
Old 01-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies

I'm HAIR obsessed lol. Well, I have been looking at my hair, studying my hair, obsessing over my hair and yesterday I noticed in my normal part, which is wider now because I lost hair, there are like 50-100 spikey little hairs sticking up out of it! I also have shorter ones and a bit longer than that. Even in my bald spot there are these tiny hairs sticking out. I think that means HAIR GROWTH! So, I'm excited about that.

I also am trying something new for my scalp and for my Eczema problems. I'm using Coconut oil, which can be used as a replacement for soy butter and other oils, on my scalp, hair, and skin. Last night I did my first treatment and I think I put too much on because my hair is still oily, but it felt rather nice. I noticed throughout the night my scalp would ITCH then stop suddenly. Then ITCH, then stop suddenly. It is doing that now, itches, but not enough for me to scratch so I'm hoping this treatment works. I'll keep ya'll posted as I know there are other people here with some of the same problems. This treatment can be used on skin and such as well. Coconut oil, extra virgin (raw if you can find it), as well as Olive Oil can be used as an anti yeast and anti fungal moisture treatment.

I'm feeling better, no more sicknesses and I swear I won't get what the family has. I have a family visit today, which is a bummer as I found out they are all sick again. I wish I could go in a plastic bubble or like one of those plastic balls hamsters use. I could roll around and what not and not be bothered! lol Hehe...

I have some cooking to do today and some other things to do. Not much though. I hope you all are well! Thank you for the well wishes! I know I whine a lot! Just a rough period, but things are looking up! To those having struggles and to those who just want to naked carrot dance .

Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #74  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hello Ladies

Well my plans changed as the whist drive we normally go to on a Friday was cancelled due to illness so we did not go to my parents home. In around about way will be better as next Friday is Dad's birthday so we will see him on that day instead. We have had a guest come this morning for a flying visit. He was here for about 30 minutes I was in the process of cooking lunch as well so just slowed the whole process down until he went. It is always nice to see him we only made friends with him as he came to service my pull cord alarm system. Though it has been up graded now and it is no longer pull cord system. Now I have a pendant around my neck that I press when in trouble that in turn dials a number and I am then able to speak to them. It has a speaker type phone that is very sensitive so can hear you all over the home. It also has a fire alarm on the same system should that go off it will call the number as well and dial the emergency team who deal with it as appropriate.

Went to bed early last night and had a good sleep that I really needed. Unfortunately it is TOM and it is making me extra tired. Oh well looks like it will be early to bed for the next few nights till I am back to normal. It was weight in day today which I do every Friday I think a combination of not being well and healthier eating has lost my excess weight put on over Christmas.

Jacquie668 Good news about the regrowth of head hair. It is horrid for thinning patches for ladies it is much more readily accepted by men having thin hair. I bet it has made you feel slightly more confident and upbeat about things now something positive is happening. I know when my eczema was really bad and there was not a patch on my body that did not have it I was down in the dumps but when I saw improvement I felt so much happy and thinking yes it will end or at least be heaps better. It may not be any consolation I can tell you how I viewed people from a nursing perspective. To be honest we see many people different shapes, sizes, colours you names the differences there can be in people we come across them. To be honest all I saw was the medical issue and the person behind that. I love to chat so I was in my element with most clients. It was trying to sort out their medical problem that was the key not what they look like. ( I was thinking back to my time especially on a general ward)

I am sure that you are not alone when it comes to having a phobia about being seen and touched. I am sure that many of us overweight ladies or gents for that matter feel that. Maybe if you tell your doctor how you feel he will give you reassurance that will give you a little confidence. I hated the dentists with a passion but I told them this and they are now brilliant with me. They go at my pace and I feel in control. I hope this helps a little.

AmmiUK Great news on the diet front. I hope that the exercise cycle can be used in some shape. It so difficult when you have injured your back. I do not know if you are able to do any swimming or if that is too painful. Some find that the water supports them and are able to swim a few lengths or breadths of the pool.

Maybe a visit to the library or video store you may find for rent a DVD on exercising in a wheelchair. You maybe able to do some if not all of the movements suggested to tide you over in the interim.

dgramie I hope you soon get your issues with you tummy sorted it is such a balancing act with having IBS. I am sure that the added stress from your daughters forth coming wedding is attributing to some of the symptoms you are experiencing.

I am sure the reduction in the other medication is a direct result of you losing the weight that is a good NSV to chalk up. I never thought of my loose skin at you point in my weight loss journey. It is only now that I think of it more and more. There is only one place that is bothering me more than others is my tummy. I am now starting to get two like flaps of skin/fat that are just laying on the other skin. I think it will come a point where I discuss it with the doctor. Whether my health care trust permits the corrective surgery is another matter. I still have big reservation due to the problems with healing etc and my comprised immune system.

dogpal I hope you are well at the minute. Settling back to work after a period of time off is difficult we get spoilt. I know what it was like for me when I used to work.

Baz xo Sorry to hear that you are suffering from depression that is hard but at least you are on medication for that now. They take about 3 weeks to really start having positive affects on your mood.

Don't be so hard on yourself about you weight the positive thing is your doing something about it. I didn't I just stuck my head in the sand and hoped it would magically go way. The more days on plan your able to string together they will have a positive effect on your weight.

Debbie54 Yes flooding is devastating you lose everything. Friends of ours about 18 months ago lost everything in freak floods. They were out of their home for about 9 months (most homes here are brick or stone built) to dry out and be redecorated throughout. Floor boards and plaster has to come off the floor and walls due to contamination with sewerage. It is something I would not wish on anybody and they were elderly and way into there 70's

A daughter of a friend of ours she makes jewelry from beads. She is like a kid in a candy shop when it comes to going to the craft or bead stalls. So I know how exciting you must be to see a new range. I have had quite a few necklaces from her that do not need fastening you just knot them at the front or magnetic ones.

Nightkatt Great news about not putting on weight over Christmas period unlike me I have managed to lose it though with the aid of being unwell and healthy eating.

Sounds like you have been one busy bunny or should I say Katt with your daughter moving flats. There is always so much to do in these circumstances.

Nice to see that 99lbs to lose rather than treble figures. I know what that was like and when the amount lost was more than the amount to lose was a satisfying moment also.

CatherineM Oh it is such a same you did not have access to the disabled locker room for a shower etc. I hope you have thawed through with the freezing conditions and wet hair scenario.

LookingForMeAgain It is initially hard changing your eating habits and changing to healthier ways. You may find if it is at all possible to make sure that these "naughties" are not in your home if that is where you are eating them. To ensure the snacks for 100 calories are easily accessible like apples, bananas etc. Take baby steps like I did just gradually improve your diet rather than beat yourself up for not doing it all at once. Some can do it all at once I was not one of those people and I need time to adjust to the new eating regime.

gggirls Excellent weight loss for the week it shows what eating on plan does and what "naughty" foods do in such a short time.

Nice that you have some clothes for the future to aim for I had items as well and they were nice to try them on every so often to see how I was doing.

azcyn Glad TOM has eventually left I am sure that you have given it to me Life is like that sometimes runs at 90mph and it is hard to get things done.

ToniLight on getting into those 22 pants shows how you hard work is paying off. Another NSV to chalk up and another milestone in your weight loss journey.

NuevaVida I see that me and you are best buddy when it comes to sleeping at the minute I am sure I could do it on a clothes line I hope your able to fit in some exercise into the equation unlike me at the minute.

Realist Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better if next yet at 100%.

Right must go and make my coffee I did start but ended up with not enough water in the kettle for me. Not sure what planet I am on but it is very rare I do not get the right amount of water in the kettle to make to mugs of drink. So I bid you goodbye till next time ladies and take care.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

I am so far behind with personals I can't believe it - being back in my full blown work and exercise routine sure puts a damper on personals.

Annie - I so understand scale envy - I am a frequent sufferer. You'll get those pounds right back off in no time. How's the back? Thanks for remembering the lurkers - I miss them.

Jacquie - glad you're starting to feel better. Remind me what eating plan you follow if you get a chance.

Purple - sorry about the change in plans but sounds like it all worked out nicely in getting to see an old friend. Enjoy your weekend. It will be special to celebrate your dad's birthday with him next week.

Beth - Hiya - is the headache gone? I suffered through it last week during my sugar/carb withdrawal time. Not sure why we do that to ourselves knowing what happens when it comes time to give it up.

Debbie - glad to hear you are out of harms way. There is starting to be concern here for snowmelt time north of us. Did you get to Michaels to check out the new bead stuff?

Catherine - glad you got to the pool even with a few hiccups. Doesn't it feel great!

Toni - you HOT thing you! I'm sure you won't tire of hearing that - I take every compliment from DH and savor.

Mimi - I had a hard time getting back into my exercise routine also - then combine it with having to get back to a regular work schedule - UGH! You are very focused and it rubs off on me - thank you so much.

Angie - feeling any better yet? How's the bodybugg?

The pups and I just got back from the park - 63 now and a high of 20 tomorrow. What a gorgeous day. We did two miles and they are snoozin, rather loudly I might add. I love being able to exercise outside. The fresh air is invigorating for me.

Time to get busy on never ending chores - keep on moving!

Hugs,
Carol
Closed Thread