Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:43 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Okay, so I've been lurking around you ladies for a while now. I'm having a hard time finding a "home" on this website. Maybe I belong here? You seem like a super close knit group!

Curious as to the large weight losses........how did you ladies do it if you don't mind my asking?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi Jill, to our wonderful group of ladies. I hope you feel at home with all of us and we can't wait to get to know you.
I've been posting here for over a year now and love all these ladies as if they were my sisters.
I lost my weight by counting calories and writing everything down that passes my lips. I try and keep my calories around 1500 - 1600 a day and I try to do 30 minutes of exercise a day. I had lost 75 lbs doing this, but fell off the wagon, but now I'm back on it!
hope you join in!
Debbie
Old 01-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #18  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Welcome, Jill!
I've found that for myself, South Beach is the answer. Basically no Bread (my ultimate downfall) no pasta, potatoes or rice. The bread is the only thing I miss, but refined flour & sugar give me cravings for everything else, and then I eat uncontrollably. THe first week is the hardest, and after that I don't even miss things much.
I've been whining about the candy jar at work lately because if it were any closer, it would literally be ON my desk. It's where I have to look at it, walk past it, hear every time anyone else raids it. I wouldn't miss if it weren't there... but it is.

I lost the horse I may have told you about. She sold him last night to someone else. Bummer. Glad I didn't tell Shelby about him yet.

Gotta go to bed so I can do it all again tomorrow. nite-nite!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Annie: I have netflix and rented the Richard Simmons 80's blast off!! AND OMG!! Now I am an 80's child but I swear there was more NEON colors comming off those people I couldnt stand watching it..lol. AND I use to love Richard Simmons...Soooo I am going to try Jillians. psst if it says looong wait I will know why LOL. I like Jillians ideas of working the different areas of the body different times!!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #20  

Thanks for the warm welcome. I can definately feel the love in this group!

Val - I hear ya about the candy dish. I sit next to one at work also. And it is always overflowing w/ a variety of chocolate........sux.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #21  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Comin' in to fess up before I head to bed. Today, I had the DVD in, I had breakfast ready to go, lunch ready to go, and I thought I was in tip top shape. That would have been all well and good if I hadn't gotten called out on a call at 4am. I got up and got dressed and went to the call, and by the time I'd finished up everything, it was time for me to be in the office, so I didn't even get a chance to come home. The rest of the day was much of the same.. go go go. I did get a quick break to grab lunch, but I didn't have time to get anything of real substance - cup o' noodles and an orange. Dinner was a quick sandwich and a few chips. Needless to say my calories are low and not very good calories at that.

Lesson learned.. I am going to start packing a few snacks & lunches every Monday to keep at work for days like today. I did get plenty of exercise between going back and forth and just general busyness, but I didn't get to walk like I'd hoped.

I am wiped out and need to go shower and go to bed. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Jill-- Welcome!

I lost weight by becoming VERY aware of what I eat. No mindless eating. I also write down everything (when I'm successful) and added in regular exercise -- first time in my life.

I counted calories and lost eating 2000/day to start -- down to 1800 later. I don't believe you have to starve yourself to lose weight -- and KEEP it off.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:47 AM   #23  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

oh my goodness. i had such a fun day today. i had a meeting at school to help recruit for the film department, then i went to lunch with my friend Coryn. we went to this sushi place where the sushi travels around on these little boats and you pick what you want and they charge you by the pattern on the plate. it was neat. we went for a little walk through old town pasadena (where the parade goes) and we got frozen yogurt. i was gonna get it with a peanut butter cup, but they had fruit out and it looked SO good that i changed to peaches. plus i only ate half. yay!

we came back and walked around the mall for a while to burn some calories and digest the food and Bath and Body works is changing thier packaging on most of thier products so all thier old stuff is 5.00 or less. so we went and splurged on some good smelly stuff. then we went home and knit. it was a fun day.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:53 AM   #24  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Good Morning fellow chicks

I decided not to go for my oxygen therapy due to the "cold" I have. I have only had a mild cold but I had a difficult decision to make this morning whether to go or not. I desperately need the oxygen therapy as my energy levels are at rock bottom. Though having oxygen therapy as it is given at pressure (like in an aircraft when you fly) it hurts you ears big time if you have the remotest signs of the snuffles. So you then have to ask them to stop the dive which I would hate to have to do for the other users. The other users still get their dive for the required time but they have to start all over again. Knowing that I am like I am I did not risk it as I did not think it would be fair on the other users.

I seem to have my baking head on this morning and I am itching to bake. I only have a certain amount of energy so I have to restrain myself big time I have decided to experiment with the oat berry muffins I make and exchange the oats for flaxseed. I have made 12 muffins and when they where cooking they smelt gorgeous. Our pooch was even crying as he wanted some. They seem rather successful I would just cook them a fraction more on hindsight.

dogpal When I put my first 14 (12 US ) blouse on in the changing room I cried as I just could not believe it. I think I am at my lowest adult weight as far as I can remember. Getting back into exercise after an injury or illness it is hard and takes so motivation to get started. Once I get started I am fine it is the getting started is the hard thing. It is so easy to fall back to my old habits if I do not keep a check on myself.

Good for you for doing the exercise video it sounds a tough workout. You may not be able to do the hold for 30 seconds but it is at least something to aim for. What is it they say practice makes perfect
dgramie I am very fortunately that i still have my wisdom teeth I hear having them out can be quite painful. Also facial swelling can occur making you look like a hamster with its face stuffed with food. Hope she recovers soon.

Hope the youngsters are not wearing you down to much and that you get them "sorted and towing the line" shortly.

Debbie54 Here in the UK maybe else where for all I am aware. That when you purchase a new item like a washing machine you can purchase a insurance for a small fee. That includes repairs and if it is broke beyond repair a new model will be it's replacements. I take insurances out on big expensive items like the cooker and washer/drier machine. It gives you peace of mind that if it breaks down no big bill which I would have had right after Christmas

Great way with the gum to avoid those evil temptations that creep in now and again when we least expect it. You may find there is a pattern to when you get these thoughts is it when your tired or bored or stressed for example. It may help curb them even more if you know when they occur.

gggirls I do not like any food that is smoked it is such a shame as there is so much to choose from. Today my lunch is beef with a selection of vegetables and a yoghurt for afterwards.

Trying to psych myself into to doing my daily exercise which is proving hard at the minute I need to myself into action. I will try and do it after posting this rather than putting it off any more for the day. On a positive note I am drinking plenty so such come in OK for my daily intake.

JRCATON to the thread and look forward to getting to know you. On the thread you will find a great bunch of of people who will help you on your weight loss journey.

I have lost about 126lbs to date the bulk of that in the first year. At first I just cut down my portion sizes and made healthier versions of dishes we loved. Like exchanging minced beef (ground) for minced turkey. Eating more vegetable and fruit until I decided which way forward was for me. I decided calorie counting was the way forward as I did not have to cut anything out. It does not mean I have the "naughty" things frequently but I can incorporate them into my daily foods.

I made other changes like change pasta and rice to wholemeal along with the bread. Things higher in fibre keep you fuller for longer. Then changed yoghurt to fat free variety there is a few on the market just personal preference. Changed to low fat cheese when I say me I embarked on this journey with my DH and he loves cheese. I used recipes on the site from different forums that way we did not become bored with our menu.

Then you have to incorporate into your daily routine about 30 minutes of exercise whether that be walking or exercise video, swimming. Try and do something you like and you maybe pleasantly surprised by the way you like it.

NoLifeWithoutHorses Talk about torture with the sweetie jar at work. Gosh now boiled sweets are my downfall. I am more restrained when it comes to other sweets but boiled sweets is another matter. (when I say sweets that is candy)

brandnewme Good idea of having some pre made snack ready in case you get called out that way you will not be caught short. Then you do eat they will be nutritious and much better for you in general.

What type of work do you do to be called out at 4am?

princesspuffypants Sounds like you had a wonderful day what with work and meeting your friend Coryn.

Sounds like you did well on the food front as well so a positive day in all ways.

Time to get of my behind and go and do my exercise I have been putting off. So bye for now and catch up with you soon.

purpleorc
Old 01-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #25  

luan_ thanks for the tip on bathand body.I am about out of my handsoap and body spray. Guess I better go and check out the sale.

I didnt get my exercise in yesterday.I was totally wiped out by the time the kids left. I did good on my food and water. Today I will exercise while they sleep. Yesterday I was busy taking care of yd who had her wisdom teeth removed.

hugs to all
Old 01-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Today it's so yucky here raining today makes ya sleepy. Dealing with one sick child still so fun fun. not much different from today then yesterday. I'm so sore today from Tae BO yesterday.

JRCATON ` Welcome. The way I'm losing weight is South Beach. I did it before and dropped 40lbs till I fell off the wagon but that won't happen this time. I crave bread but doing good this time and don't miss it. I agree first week is the hardest after that its easy.

princesspuffypants Sounds like a good day

Brandnewme ~ Get some rest whew
Old 01-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #27  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Hello my darling chickies!

I am back on line! December was a whirl wind of commotion. Kids, Christmas, Took a trip with DH to Alexandrian VA! Loved every minute of it. Carol love you new pic. I will not be able to catch up with the last month. But you've all been in my prayers. Joined DH gym yesterday. I am having a hard time keeping up the exercise at home. So just gonna toss in some variety. Have a great day! Keep your eyes on the prize!
Old 01-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Mimi: Thanks for the link. I do stretch before working out. I have found that the pain in my back is centered around a tiny littl bump that I am going to go get checked out tomorrow.

Carol: So, do you like the Jillian game? I tried to rent it but the game rental place doesn't have it here yet. What do you think?

Jill: Welcome. Everyone here is very supportive, caring, encouraging and kind. I hope you have found your new home on 3fc! I'm looking forward to getting to know you much better.

Val: so sorry about the horse. Hugs.

Cyn: I am planning on sending it back after I do it one more time. I need to write everything down because it is so easy, not on your muscles, but easy to remember without the DVD.

Becca: Hi. I think having a plan is the best thing. Hugs.

Luan: Glad that you had a good day out.

Purple: I hope that your cold doesn't last long. Hugs.

Debi: Today is a new day and you can exercise. Hugs.

Julia; Welcome back. So glad to see you.

Well, I am going to go and try to warm up. I got a chill for some reason and I just can't shake it. Maybe cause it's snowing again. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 01-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Val, it wasn't Gabe was it???

Becca, sometimes life just gets in the way. On the bright side of things, you got exercise in!

Luan, so glad you had a great day with a good friend. Makes life better doesn't it? I gotta go see if our Bath and Body Works is having a sale now. WooHoo!!

Purpleorc, yes the time for me to grab a piece of gum is usually in the mid afternoon and around 7pm or so at night. Seems that's the times I get bored the most. Doing better though.

Julia, good to see you back! YaY on joining the gym. It's great to get more of a variety of exercise going.

Annie, we're just getting rain now. Sure is making a mess outside too.

Today we get to go buy our wedding bands. I'm so glad. I hate not having them. Last year Jim's and mine broke, and we couldn't afford to get new ones til now. I can't wait. I feel naked without one. Gotta go check out Bath and Body Works now too.
Hope all are having a great day! Day 4 of being OP!!
Debbie
Old 01-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #30  

Confession time for me............... I ate a bowl of icecream this morning and just baked a cake...I was sweet talked into baking a white cake for my baby ..she said it would be soft and she could eat it. She didnt say mom you can eat it too.....I am still ok with calories but what bad choices!!!! Guess dinner will be a salad with turkey. I will exercise to help off set the bad choices. I have also noticed that i am having more trouble when i give my little ones snacks. Guess its just a bad day!! I knew confessing should get me back focused. I think i need a good swift kick now!!!!
Closed Thread