Old 01-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #1  
Miss Hello Kitty! ^_^

S/C/G: 330/305/150

Height: 5'10"

Smile :) Chow

Hi there. I am new to this little section of the community. I went from 260lbs in September '07 up to 330lbs by March '08 and have struggled around that number until October '08. Then I was referred from my PCP to a psychologist because even my PCP just mentioning weight loss or that I was obese would break me into tears-- going to a diet center I attended with my friend would always make me tear up then immediately start crying as soon as I got on the scale.. It was hard, especially with me being such a 'tough' person and having that reputation with people that I am their rock, you know.. But, anyways, in October '08 I had some testing done with my new psychologist (he is great!)... and was eventually put on Prozac for depression and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. I was still having some issues with thoughts constantly running through my mind about eating... Because I had alot of binge eating problems. I would binge daily. I would eat a normal breakfast, normal lunch at work then take my 1-hr lunch break-- go to Arby's or whatever and eat again, get off at 4pm... get something else to eat.. be home by 5pm-- eat again at 6pm. It was destructive. Anyway, even after the Prozac I was still having 'focusing' problems and I couldn't stop thinking about food and focus on other things like family, friends, cleaning or prioritize anything in my life. Everything was food on my mind 24/7. If I was trying to refrain from food, I would shop. So, I had two addictions really.. and credit cards going through the roof. And I just turned 22 in November so this is really no way I wanted to start my life into adulthood (both of my parents live out of the country so they aren't here for support).. Anyway, so at the end of November the day before Thanksgiving at my next appointment he did some more discussion and everything and he put me on Strattera.. which is a non-habit forming (non-scheduled) drug for ADD or Adult ADD symptoms.. From November - December... I have stopped binging and have lost 25 lbs. It is amazing.. So, hopefully now I can start on my 'journey' finally... Because I've got my head on straight. I am really excited and hope to have lots of fun in your community.

Thanks!
BMWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, BMWGirl! It can be tough to get ourselves in the right place to tackle weight loss. We're glad to have you here!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome and feel free to jump in anytime. You will find the most wonderful supportive woman here. They are always willing to give advice or a kick in the butt whichever is needed.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #4  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

BMWGirl

I'm glad to meet you. The girls here are the best. You have a good head start on your weight loss journey. We'll all finish this together.
sandybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #5  
Miss Hello Kitty! ^_^

Thanks for your warm welcomes.

Last edited by BMWGirl; 01-02-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #6  
Miss Hello Kitty! ^_^

I wanted to update and I figured I'd use my thread to do my updates.

Anyway, so, I bought a new scale. It shows your weight, you put in your goal weight so it tells how far away you are, it tells you your body fat %, BMI, water % and bone wt. So, I was reading in the book and it says I should be around 50% water.. But I was only 26% water. I realized I need to drink more water. ...So, today and yesterday I focused on steadily drinking more water and not drinking any sodas. I am up to 31%.. So, I figure in a couple of weeks I will get to the water area I need to be at.

Also I took Wednesday off of work and I went and purchased a new flatscreen and entertainment center.. so I am setting up my extra bedroom to be my new workout room! I have a gazelle, bike, DDR arcade mat (the heavy duty metal one ) and a jump rope and some free weights.. so, I can go in there and lock the door away from my boyfriend and work out. I am watching my caloric intake, too.. so, let's see how far this gets me! ...I haven't set the TV up yet, just the entertainment center, so hopefully tomorrow when I get off work it'll be all setup by the TV fairy (ie. boyfriend ).

I also wanted to post some photos here... I at least want to get down to my weight I was before 215lb.. if not less... I always used to down myself and call myself fat but when I look at those pics now I'm like, what the heck I was not that big. So, I hope these will provide me with some type of motivation. I am also going to post the photo I took previously when I was around 330lbs.. as a deterrent that we don't want to go back that way.

Anyways, yay!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini-HPIM2714.JPG (27.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg mini-HPIM0389.jpg (24.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg blech1.jpg (15.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 30275257_100916199_0.jpg (12.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg fatbaby.JPG (53.9 KB, 11 views)