Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #173

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:27 AM   #2  

Smile

Hi everybody, I hope you are all doing well. Just popped in to say howdy! Ta for now...Ruth
Old 08-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #3  

Smile

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen!

Skipped WI on Friday because I was without a car then Saturday was out of town. As usual, had a fattening weekend, all good intentions aside.

Friday was good, although I regretted having pizza Thursday and using up my flex points. Saturday, however, started a different story. I was at a medieval event and BOY do the people in my group know how to cook! Saturday morning was sausage and mushroom quiche and fruit. Saturday lunch, sausages and cheeses, carrot sticks and fruit. Saturday dinner was a feast - in the truest sense of the word. Four courses, all fattening!

Course 1 - breads and a variety of flavored butters and cheeses, oxtail soup.
Course 2 - sausage and spiced apple pie (FANTASTIC), two types of pottages (think thick meatless soups), and blackberry mouse tarts.
Course 3 - green beans with honey, almonds and spices, dilled carrots, chicken prepared with herbs and wine and crisples (fried pie pastry brushed with honey and served with a variety of preserves.
Course 4 - bread pudding with a variety of sauces or shortbread cookies.

I worked in the kitchen and served, so I actually didn't eat as much as I would have sitting at the table, but I was still STUFFED! Not to mention exhausted. The next morning we had left-over quiches and sausage and apple pie for breakfast - I couldn't resist another piece of that wonderful, odd pie! Then it was clean up the camp time and off home. We stopped for lunch at - Outback Steakhouse! Yeah, Alice Springs chicken, a bizzillion points for lunch and dinner since I took some home. Stuffed again!

But it's Monday and I'm back on track. I'll be extra good this week and hope I don't show a gain by Saturday - but won't be surprised if I do...after all, who doesn't when they eat sausage for every meal? I feel my arteries hardening!

It was a fun weekend, food overload notwithstanding. And really, the food was awsome, so it's not that that part was bad, it was just bad for me! I was exhausted Sunday and am still tired and incredibly chiggar-eaten! My ankles are one big bite. And yes, I took bug spray, so I was just stupid and didn't use it! I won the arts and crafts competition by making a tudor rose out of bark. The little dragon I made for the top of my hubby's helm was oohh'd and aahh'd over. It was nice.

And now, back to the mundane world.....

Later all!

Last edited by Lilion; 08-25-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/247/<200

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone and Happy Monday!

Thanks for all the kind words about my future plans. I don't know exactly what I will end up doing, but I know where my priorities lie and that is a good thing. Last week was another week from ****, but I was able to get away this weekend and go camping.

My work pals and I went up to Mt. Rainier National Park to go camping. We left Friday afternoon and hit the campground around 4pm. Friday was setting up camp, having a campfire, etc... Saturday was one of those "once in a lifetime" kind of days. It was perfectly sunny -- not a cloud in the sky. The temperature was ideal -- not too hot, not too cold. There was a nice breeze to (mostly) keep the bugs away. We hiked to this meadow that had more wildflowers than I have ever seen in my life. It was absolutely beautiful and one of those days I will treasure. The best part? I could hike 7.5 miles and enjoy it! I have been hiking and backpacking before and not realized the beauty I was surrounded by until I saw the pix because I was huffing and puffing too much while I was there. Not Saturday. One of the best NSV's ever!

Yesterday, we drove up to another part of the park -- it was threatening rain and my friends weren't feeling too well, so they didn't want to go hiking. On the way back to the campground to break camp, I had a great idea and had them drop me off at this neat place called "Grove of the Patriarchs" -- with 1000-year-old trees. I hiked around it and then back to the campground for another 3 miles. I will post a couple of pix from my trip on the pix thread.

Next weekend, my 5 y/o comes home - he has been down in CA visiting family all August. I have missed him a lot, but I know he will drive us crazy when he gets home . He starts kindergarten next week and I finish my master's program the same week .

Lilion -- Sounds like you had an awesome weekend as well! Congrats on your win in arts & crafts!

Ruth -- Howdy!

Terri -- Good for you for getting out on Phoenix and for being so focused on your studying! Thanks for the encouragement on the career change -- I'm not sure if it is a good thing or the female version of a midlife crisis .

Rene -- Every time I see people walking dogs around our neighborhood on a nice evening, I miss having a dog. Then I think about winter . But good for you for giving the dogs a walk! And, thanks for the encouragement.

Heather -- Thanks for the advice and I will PM you in a minute .
Old 08-28-2008, 07:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! It's been an odd week. One of my furbabies has been having some intermittent problems with hind leg weakness. He's also had seizures in the past. We decided to bite the bullet and take him to a doggie neurologist. We took him Monday and got a lot of good news, basically. We don't exactly know what's wrong, but we know that it's not a tumor, or encephalitis, or other "big bad" problems. He has some protruding disks in his back, and that may cause the weakness... or, maybe not! Poor pup was a bit out of it on Tuesday still...

Anyway, this week has been a lot of driving and waiting and a bit of worrying... I'd love to say that eating and exercise was smooth sailing, but that's not so. Monday and Tuesday... not so great. But I got back on track yesterday, so that's good.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:43 AM   #6  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Stop posting, go to new thread!
Closed Thread