Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #16  

I had written a very long post and it vanished. does anybody know how you can find those dang things when that happens. I just don't have the energy to do that whole thing over again right now.

I wanted to say hello to a few returnees though, Ammi, I remember you. I read a lot of your post on the other thread. welcome home.

Val, Nice to read you today.

Lilion, welcome back. Good vacation Huh?

Sue, is the infection cured now? Hope so. Take care of you.

I know this is not half of you, but I am t i r e d. I will try to come back later.

For those of you that asked, and thank you, Dh is better, but not up to a road trip yet. The Dr. has him doing stretch exercises. I think we may wait until fall and head in the direction of the pretty fall trees in the mountains. Sounds good to me, cool weather, pretty scenery. What could be better?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Today we are enjoying the benefits of "Dolly" here in the midwest area. Lots of rain which is good for the pasture this time of year. Kinda hard on my riding but I can't complain.

So I'm pondering my diet situation. Since I've been more or less stuck at the 250 area for most of this summer. So I'm debating on whether to just get through August and get refocused starting after Labor Day. Seems like so much going on that I am not getting to the fitness center more consistent like I did at the beginning. Maybe I'm just looking for excuses not to work at this.

Sue - Hmm, maybe something in the pizza has healing qualities and its needed when you have an infection? Sounds good to me! So how is the infection? Do you think you're getting it gone this time? Hope so. Good for you for getting back with the trainer and keeping at it.

Ammi - Great job for two good days. Especially for not having that all or nothing attitude. I've seen the Monkey Business show. Or is it Chimp Eden I've seen? Still, its about a primate sactuary and its truly amazing to watch.

Annie - Glad to see you back from vacation. Sometimes we need those reality checks about our weight and how it impacts our lives. I don't like being self-conscious about what I'm eating when I'm around other people. Not a good feeling at all. But sounds like its good motivation to get healthier and more physically fit to be able to do all the fun things that you want.

Valerie - So good to see your post. I've been wondering about you for quite some time. How is Gabe doing? Sounds like lots of hard work and fun as well as success for your girls.

Lilion - I haven't been to Six Flags since I was a teenage. I even forget that its in the state. Looks like you too had a good weekend. Have you recovered from the food yet? So did we always feel like that when we were overeating and making those kinds of choices all the time? Amazing, itsn't it, how much our bodies tell us that it doesn't like the chocies we make. Too bad our brain doesn't get it.

Elmay - Another wonderful weekend experience. What's your winter like up there? How long will you get to do the weekend camping trips? I could handle a frog in my tent much better than a spider or a snake.

Ruth - You posted while I was typing. Wake up girl! I would lose my post when typing from my laptop at home by somehow hitting a combination of shift-backspace or something. Never knew exactly what I did to cause it other than typing too fast. I sometimes would find it by using forward on the browser to get back to the page.

Better get this posted. to all and have a great day!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 07-30-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #18  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Way cool that Ammi, Patti & I all seem to be coming back at the same time. Life moves in cycles and circles sometimes. But it's always great to be back among friends!!!

Terri, I'm actually riding Gabe out and about these days. Took one of the girls to a CTR - Competitive Trail Ride - a few weeks ago, and a lot of my friends from the barn went too. They kept saying "You should be riding Gabe with us!" and I just spent all weekend visualizing such a ride, instead of my usual visualizing the crash if I fell off him. It did worlds of good for my perspective!! Now I discover that the saddle I've been riding him in is OK for short indoor rides, but when we get out for any period of time, or climb a little hill, it slides way - and I mean WAY back. I need a saddle that fits him.

Back to work. Glad to see you girls!! I'm behaving myself today. Yesterday was good... until those late evening Little Debbies. Once again, I didn't buy them, but they still found my mouth once they got in the house.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #19  

Valerie - On my first really big trail ride with Spanky, I survived a buck because of a horse fly on his butt; rushing down a hill, leaping a ditch instead of crossing; his shying once at nothing I saw, and his doing a hard-left and lunging a few feet because the guy in front slapped his horse with the reins and its scared Spanky. I just knew that last one was going to be my death but I stayed on, in good fashion too! Even though I was a nervous wreck by the time we got back, it showed me that Spanky is going to be a very good trail horse and for me to have more trust in him. He didn't do one thing about the deer, concrete crossings, overpasses, or live possum. He just has some youth impatience and he's young and doesn't want to be held by back old folks. Having faith in the horse helps the human perspective tremendously. I would love to do competitive trail riding. Maybe one day.......

Speaking of saddles not fitting, I just bought a cordura saddle for use at home. I am partial to the Big Horn brand and have several Big Horn saddles but holy cow, they are heavy. I wanted one that weighs in around 20 pounds. It says it is full-quarter horse but geez, it looks like a postage stamp on Spanky. And I may have to get a draft horse girth since the saddle is so small compared to my leather one even though the seat size is the same.

Sorry ladies, for the horse chat...but I've missed that with Valerie!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Wow, Ammi! welcome back!!

I'm REALLY enjoying Croatia, ladies! Today we went on a boat ride (the boat owner is friends with our hosts) to see some islands, and swim... it was glorious!

Gotta run -- the sun is setting!
Old 07-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 7"

Wooo...
Toofatfor you and Ammi - nice to meet both you ladies.

Iwillbe - I either write in Notepad, or I copy my entire post to the Clipboard before I hit the post button. During rads, I tore the miniscus in my left knee, and really loved the physical therapist. Is your dh going to go to pt, or is he just doing the exercises himself?

Terri - the rain is helpful - we've only watered once this year so far, but things are starting to dry up. Hmmm... this may be a metaphor for Michigan as a whole. This is a scary place to live right now, although my job seems to be okay for now.
I agree with you about slowing down in summer - and I'm also fighting getting to the gym, but really, if we keep it to be about getting healthy, and not what the scale says, then I'm going to be trying to work out as often as I can drag my butt there.

All the horses - you guys, as I get into better shape, I'm starting to be jealous of the opportunity to ride.

Hey, Heather - I can't believe you're actually thinking of us.

No, I don't think the infection is cured - the red has retreated again, but the scar tissue is still really hard. But I have finished the antibiotic, and we'll see what happens. Hopefully, my body will be able to take over and defeat the last germs. Hope, hope, hope.

Last edited by KristasMom; 07-30-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:47 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All,

Sorry I didn’t get chance to post yesterday. I had a busy day and wanted to get an email written when I did get chance to go online. So I didn’t post here. I know most of you don’t know me, but suffice to say my daily routine in the past, at least when not dieting, is eat, sleep, go on the Net, and watch TV. To be able to say I’ve been too busy to post is quite novel lol. Hubby and I are doing some DIY in the house and it’s keeping us active and busy. Yep it’s keeping us from our friends online, but it feels good to be doing more than just sitting on our butts.

Sue - You were saying that when you have an infection you tend to want to eat pizza. When I have any kind of illness I want to eat anything and everything lol. Even when I have something like tonsillitis all I want to do is eat icecream. Well it helps doesn’t it lol. It doesn’t help my weight though, and I’m hoping that now you have realised you eat pizza when you have an infection that you can be strong and not eat it next time. Or maybe you could have a WW pizza, they are so yummy!
That’s brilliant that you are toning up even if you don’t know if you have lost lbs. To me it’s what the body looks and feels like that’s far more important to what the numbers on the scales say

Patti – Yay, you’ve come back too, that’s great and I am doing the for you for losing 8 lbs already! Well done. You are definitely back with a vengeance!!

Iwillbe – I’m sorry to say that once you lose those lovely long posts they are gone forever I’ve learned that the hard way in the past! Now I use Word to type my posts and then just copy and paste it onto 3FC. That way if my post doesn’t work for any reason I’ve got it safely saved on Word!

for the welcome back, it is lovely to be back on track and amongst friends again!

What’s up with your hubby? You said he’s much better now, so that’s good news. It’s awful when our loved ones have anything wrong with them isn’t it.

Terri – I think if you can maintain until after Labour day, then it’s not going to do you any harm to have a break from the consistent diet and exercise we have to do if we want to lose weight. I think if we don’t have breaks we end up burning out. Maybe after a nice break you will feel more enthusiastic about really giving it your all

It’s day 4 of my diet now and all is well still. I’m still struggling a bit with the all or nothing attitude, especially as I haven’t been able to exercise daily. But I figure the DIY work I’m doing makes up for that, so I’m not being hard on myself. When I don’t struggle with things like that, that’s when I’ll know I’m really on my way to making this a lifestyle change.

I’ve not heard of Chimp Eden, I’ll have to keep an eye open for that. Monkey Business is an amazing show. Monkey World is owned by Jim and Allison Cronin, both American. Sadly Jim passed away recently, in fact that’s when I think Animal Planet started showing the show again. I’d never seen it before, and I was shocked to learn that the place has been opened since 1987. It’s in this country and I’d never even heard of it!!

Valerie – yes you are right, it’s wonderful that you, Patti and I have all come back at the same time. We must have a psychic link somehow

Heather – thanks for the welcome back, it’s great to be here again, even if I can’t cope with the main daily thread. Old age, it’s got to be

Wow that’s cool that you are in Croatia, what takes you over there, work or pleasure? Are there lots of gorgeous men like Luca from ER speaking in that sexy accent

Okie dokie, hubby has finished watching his TV show now, so the DIY work is beginning again. I might get chance to post again tonight, if not I’ll be back tomorrow

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-31-2008, 09:28 AM   #23  

good morning all. i am so proud to say as of this morning i have lost 10 pounds!hope every one has as good a day!!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:31 AM   #24  

I've snuck on here while Hubby is sanding down some door frames lol, shhhhh.

Patti - I am thrilled for you for having lost 10 lbs !!!! You are definitely back on track and I'm proud of you

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-31-2008, 12:06 PM   #25  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Not off the sugar yet, but at least I'm TRYING to do better, and for a while there I was just over the edge. Hey, TODAY is a good day to 'Get-a-grip!' I had some yogurt with fruit & granola this a.m., but that's not a total crisis. That's it. Today's the day.

I rode last night in a borrowed saddle. It actually fit Gabe, but OMG! It hurt me. I guess I won't be buying that one. Shelby rode him for a little bit, too. She's such a good kid.

TERRI, the novice CTR's are usually only 10-15 miles. Shelby's doing one next month that's only 7. That's really not too far, and it's not a speed event like endurance riding. You should give 'em a shot! It's fun, and less cutthroat-competitive than other competitions. If I can find a suitable saddle, I'm thinking of taking Gabe to a 25 miler at the end of September... but I think it might kill us both - LOL! Luckily at the half way points there are check stations and if necessary they will ship the horse back so you are't committed to the whole thing if there are problems.

Back to work. But at least I'm able to check in more these days!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:48 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 285/285/150

Height: 5'9"

I woke up this morning thinking it was friday---darn it!!!

Has anybody tried 'alli'? My doctor says its ok and is encouraged that i want to try anything. Im leary of "diet pills" though and wondered what any of you think.

10 pounds is great!!!! Im impressed!

I dont know anything about horses except that they have big teeth! How do you compete on a trail ride?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:14 PM   #27  
rene

S/C/G: 338/321/170

Height: 5foot4

Default starting again.......

I start and start to diet and be a healthy eater. I know I need support and that is why I return here. I am over 40 and do need to change my unhealthy and destructive ways. I will fight to be positive and challenge myself.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:45 PM   #28  

Hi ladies,

I am so thankful it is Thursday evening. I can hardly believe that tomorrow is August 1.

I had my last interview today. The same dang questions that the other people asked. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to have the same answers or provide different examples. Now it is a matter of waiting for the new CFO to make her decision, obtain approval and legal's approval and either make the offer or tell one of us that we're gone. I don't really expect to know next week because they also have to prepare the exit package for whomever doesn't get an offer. The anticipation of that moment is pretty intense no matter how much I try not to think of it.

I will admit that I am doing some emotional eating. I'll rationalize it and say that I'm not eating an abundance of food but I am choosing to get something of comfort after lunch. I recognize that it truly is because of the feeling I get eating whatever it is. I'm also not exercising much either. I'm just kinda tired.

I've been sitting here thinking about taking a break from posting for awhile until I can get my head back together. I'm not sure what I want to do.

Valerie - I've done some checking on the CTR's and there are some within a reasonable distance. I'll have to keep those in mind for later in the fall. I just think it would be fun for both Spanky and I if we're doing something besides trying to make him ride at a snail's pace. I don't think we're endurance riding material though.

Rene - Have you posted here before? Your avatar looks familiar. Sorry if you have and if I don't remember. Blame it on senility. What kinds of steps are you taking to make changes?

Patti - and for such a great loss!

Annie - That's about as bad as waking up and think its Saturday. I've heard of Alli but not tried it myself. Have you checked some of the other forums on this site? They have lots of other groups and there may be one specific to Alli users.

Sue - Any thoughts to using some kind of herbal treatments to help boost your immunity and help beat the infection? I don't normally do a lot of herbal things but I don't not believe in their benefits. Just got to be frustrating for you.

Ammi - What kinds of DIY projects are you doing? Besides sanding the door frame?

Heather - While I'm counting down to the weekend, that means your vacation will be winding down too. Sounds like a great time!

I better get this posted before my battery runs out. to all!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #29  

Good Morning All!no News To Report Today Just Wanted To Check In And Say Have A Great Weekend. Thanks For All The Support. Val I Am Jealous I Love Horses So But Dont Have One So Enjoy Yours! Ammi Hello We Will Chat Soon I Hope!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #30  

Hello All,

Boy oh boy am I struggling today. When I last dieted successfully in 2006 I was so focused and I really really wanted to lose weight. I needed it and I wanted it, and I enjoyed dieting and exercising. Now I do want to lose weight, and again I need it too, but I have no enjoyment from it at all. Today I’ve actually been feeling resentful about dieting and all I can think about is eating. What is wrong with me! Oh I am sure I’ll stay strong, at least I hope I will, it’s only early in the day and night time is my worse time. I just wish I could go back to the way I was in 2006 Enough of my moaning though.

Rene – Hi, I remember you from the other thread. Sorry you’ve been having problems, but rest assured you aren’t the only one. I’ve gained back half the weight I had lost and am ready to lose again. I am not happy dieting like before, but I still hope I can get to my goal weight this time. Ditto to you,

Terri - I’m really sorry that you are worried about keeping your job, and I say kudos to you for not eating any and everything in sight. Comfort eating may only be cold comfort, but it’s something I have always done and suspect I always will do. I appreciate where you are coming from wondering if you should not post here until you get your head together. I know I am only newly back, but I am sure I am right in saying that you will be missed while you aren’t posting. But you have to do what is right for you, just come back quickly, ok

As for the DIY, well we are stripping the paint from all the doors and the frames. Plus we have been putting up roller blinds and I’ve been sewing a new net curtain for our room and with the excess I’ve made a makeshift fly screen so we can open our window in the night without all sorts of creepy crawlies making their way in. We only have one paint stripper gun, so hubby is busy doing the frames again while I am online. But once he finishes that it’ll be my turn to clean up all his mess My back aches just thinking of it!

Patti - Sorry I’ve not had chance to go on MySpace or to email you. As you can see from the rest of my post I’ve been pretty busy around the house lately. Not even time to play on my Wii I’m having withdrawal symptoms

I hope you are keeping well, keep up the great weight loss and I definitely will email or chat with you soon.

It’s time for me to start the clean up work, rats, that came around fast lol. So I’ll be back when I can. Take care all and have a great weekend.

Hugs,

Ammi
Closed Thread