Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 07:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1168

300+ Weekly Thread #1168

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Happy Monday Peeps - I'm heading out to lead a seminar for the next few days - at least I get to sleep in my own bed and don't have to travel. Was a nice weekend - fairly relaxing even though I didn't do well at the Mexican restaurant.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 07-21-2008, 07:51 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Its going to be another hot day in KY. The heat is bad but its so HUMID!!
I think they are saying 98 for us and heat index of 105-110. Looks like I will be inside all day today!!
Im in need of advice...I guess i got chaffed( bra area) while blackberry picking..any suggestions other than baby powder . I also tried baby powder deordant and its killing me!! I know im not the only one who has had this problem. Any advice or suggestions are welcom!!! Please!!!

Well my weight is up a tiny bit today..tom is finally slowing down a bit..I know I didnt drink enough water yesterday..came in about 32 ounces short of my normal.
I had a nice lazy day yesterday..I even took a nap and read a magazine. LOL
Im pretty much back to normal babysitting this week. Teachers are trying to get their room back in shape before the kids start in a few weeks. Looks like my summer is over pretty much :O(
Oh well to be honest dieting is easier for me when i have the kids. I have a better schedule and plan better.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week.
debi
Old 07-21-2008, 07:55 AM   #4  

G'morning all!

I'm sending "great vacation vibes" to Heather.

GGG, hope your seminar goes well. Stay cool in this heat!

I'm still waking up. I had a horrid headache all weekend. I was thinking it was probably just the humidity and heat and TOM, but then I had an epiphany this morning... I haven't had my eyes checked in over a year and I might be squinting. hrmmmmm.

TOM is slinking away. I made some squash/zuchinni/onions and had some chicken last night. Despite wanting to eat junk, I felt better after eating healthy. I wanted the junk cuz I didn't feel so hot. Comfort stuff, ya know?

Hugs to all! Time to get to work.

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 07-21-2008, 08:14 AM   #5  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

WoW gone for a few days and takes me hours to catch up!!!

DH & I left Thurs around 9am for Louisiana, stopped in Jackson, Mississippi for the night and then complete the last 3hours on friday early am........spent the day friday with BIL and his son & new baby! she is so adorable! Later in the afternoon we drove down to New Orleans to have dinner and walk around the French Quarter. That was wonderful!!! I ate Aligator for the first time!!! We took quite a few pictures however had to download them to nephews computer to make room on camera card....so I am waiting on him to email them to me! LOL

We drove home Sat leaving Louisiana around 2pm arriving home around 4AM!!! LOL slept till 8am and left for the Ballgame around 9am!!! IT was HOTTTTTTT!!!! in Cincinnati! My DH had a blast! His first major league game, his favorite team (no not the Reds LOL they played the Mets) and a win in extra innings!!!

My ankles are soooooo swollen from the 12 hours down & then again on the way back from Louisiana and then sitting all afternoon/evening in the hot sun at the ball game! Pumping water, water and more water! Since we left on Thurs I knew this would happen to me so I pumped up my water intake..........drinking very few sodas and ice tea while out.........hopefully they will be back to normal tomorrow!

ok well gotta go do some cleanup around here
ttyl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mets game 021.jpg (23.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Mets game 016.jpg (27.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Mets game 009.jpg (51.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 07-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning,
Well it was a good weekend. Got some walking in and swimming at the Y. Even though last week was a little stress and TOM I was worried about WI. But, I stayed the same. That is alright with me. I was very surprised though that it wasn't a gain. Not sure what I did to keep it there or I would do that every time.
It is very humid and hot here, so not outside too much, just the running in and out doesn't keep the house cool. Hubby went to town and bought a heavy duty extension cord and plugged the a/c in but still kept popping the breaker. I decided to put it in an outlet that didn't have too much on it. Hubby said it wouldn't work there. HA! I put it there and no breaker has popped yet!! I guess I know more about the house than him. It is pretty fun to be right when he just swears he is right. Daughter works at a farm market and brought home fresh sweet corn, peaches, onions, apples, plums, and squash, yesterday so that was awesome. Hubby went to a stand and brought home a couple of pints of cherries. They were the sweetest ones I had every had. We have already ate 1 pint.

Carol-Yep, I am drinking plenty of water. I think I went over on the weekend, but that is always a good thing. More is better. We have to go to town and fill up jugs again today. Thanks, with every bottle fill, I think of you and know I have to do it! Mexican food is awesome, I sometimes don't do so well either. The other night at home I made Chimi's. And last week I made ck. fajaitas. We have been eating ck. fajaitas with salad and not the tortillas and that has been helping. Hope the seminar goes well! Did you ever find the PB2?

DMPLS-Yeah, so nice to hear that you had a wonderful trip. It sounds busy. I know when we went to New Orleans it was my first time eating alligator too. Did you like it?

Debi-Did you get a lot of blackberries? I do better when there is everyone home too to cook for.

Ratkitten-I know last week all I wanted was sweet stuff with my TOM, so I went for SouthBeach chocolate covered soy nuts, and chocolate protein shake with PB2 in it. That helped. Although the twinkies in the store looked very tempting!

Heather-Have a great trip!

Well, I am off to get the mail and then get breakfast, I am running slow this morning. My alarm went off early, but it was storming outside so I didn't get up. Shame on me! So now I have to get moving and drink water!

Everyone have a great day! Penny
Old 07-21-2008, 10:31 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

penny_ i got about a gallon of blackberries.Most of them on the plants are still red so maybe by the middle of the week I will go and pick again. Im taking them to my mom next time..I will not be tempted to make more sweets I dont need. We still have most of a cobler sitting on the stove.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:09 AM   #8  
Johnnie

S/C/G: 390/291.8/??

Height: 5'1"

Debi - I was having more problems than usual with chafing and rash this summer I think because I have more skin hanging with the weight I've released. I tried several things and the one that is working best is Gold Bond Medicated Powder. Since I started using it on a daily basis my rash, etc has gone away.

Count me in with those suffering from high heat and humidity. I swear I hear those in cooler northern climes like Catherine, Debbie, etc say "Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah" after me teasing them with my warmer temps when they were in the snowy deep freeze last winter and spring.

Wishing everyone a great OP, water drinking day.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #9  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I get to go let the doctor play around in my brain again today. I will sure be glad when he is done messing around in there.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Catherine-I pray all goes well at the doctor for you today.

Debbie-How are the legs doing today?

dgramie-cobbler sounds great! I could probably finish it for ya today!!

I have been really hungry all morning. I had breakfast and a fruit snack, but I guess it is almost lunch time too. Not sure what I will be having. The girls are in their bedrooms, doing some cleaning. ON THEIR OWN!!!! I don't know what got into them. It's weird. Nothing I have ever seen before. So I am not saying anything to them. I think it is better that way. I have seen 2 bags of clothes come out of the older ones room and a bag of trash and the younger one just came after some wet wipes for something. I am not sure I really want to know, probably playing with dolls! Hubby is upstairs working or playing on the computer, it is kinda the same thing for him. He loves it so. Well, I better get moving too. I need to shampoo my kitchen carpet sometime. I really hate carpet in the kitchen! Penny
Old 07-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #11  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Our trip away really bonded our dogs closer!! I know this sounds funny but I am thrilled!

the new puppy, Nena went with oldest DD to her Nanny job for Thurs & Friday........and a friend came in on thurs afternoon/friday morning to let the other two out.......youngest DD spent the night over a friends that first night..........then oldest DD brought the puppy back on Saturday........well when she got back our poodle, Zito, started playing with her..........I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder!!!! LOL before he would NEVER hop up on my lap if Nena was on it.......and if I made him do it he would sit stiff legged and groal, while he was trying to scurry away from her...........but last night I had Nena on my lap and Zito jumped up there playfully batted Nena's head with his nose and then curled up on my legs right next to her!!!

gotta love my furbabies!!!!

ok gonna go get something to eat w/NO salt! anyone know something that is a natural diaretic? Tomatos??? anyhow! gota run

Debi-Gold bond, is one thing that works.......but there is also a chaffing cream/powder out in the feminine hygiene area....my daughter uses that for between her legs.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #12  
The Keymaker

S/C/G: 328/250/160

Height: 5'7

Default Howdy

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting in the Weekly thread. It has seemed a bit quiet around the 300+ forum lately and I need all the communication I can get.

I am currently one my last day of week 2 of my "new lifestyle" and tomorrow is weigh-in day. Last week I lost 4 pounds, which was good. This week, I'm not sure how I will do though. I have the dreaded "water retention" to deal with and I don't feel I exercised as much this week.

I really want to hit the treadmill hard this week so I can be well on my way to hitting my 25 lb. goal by Sept. 1st. What kind of exercises did you all do when you were just starting out? I don't have access to a pool, which I hear suggested a lot around here. My treadmill tends to slip a lot when I'm on it because I think I'm just over the weight limit. I can't walk outside because it is entirely too hot and that will just decrease my amount of activity.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #13  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Luan...maybe there is somewhere in the middle we can meet? I know we live a little ways away from each other. I am pretty flexible and can work with your schedule. I got back to work on the 28th and my weekends are OK until the end of the month.

It was nice to get some sleep last night and readjust to my own time zone. I need to go to the market today and get a few things. DH is doing laundry tonight so I will be sweet and cook dinner...just no idea what. I am doing a research study on Thursday about field sobriety testing for boaters. I am being paid to go to their factility (they are sending a taxi) and drink until my BAC goes above the legal limit. Then I have to hang out until I am back to a safe level. I have to do some tests and just hang out. I can't eat before I go in but once I am there I can do whatever. Not a terrible way to mak some extra $$. LOL

Have a Happy Monday.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sara: Have a great holiday in Brussels. That sounds so nice.

Heather: I'm sure you are already gone on your trip but incase you peak in here, have a blast.

Carol: How was the manicure? I love getting pampered. Glad you enjoyed your time out.

Debi: Woo hoo on getting under 250! I am sooooo close myself I can feel it. lol. It is encouraging me to up my water intake more. I can't recall the name of the chaffing stuff that Bernice was talking about but it works well and is in the feminine hygene area.

Mchelle: Woo hoo to saying no to all the sweets at work. Way to go! Congrats on the weight loss too.

Julee: Glad that your trip was fun. Enjoy the drinking test. lol.

Rat: Sorry that you have been suffering with a headache. Hope you get your eyes checked soon.

Bernice: Glad your trip was fun. Thanks for posting the pics. It looks like you guys had a great time. Great that your furbabies are starting to get along too.

Penny: Those farm fresh veggies sound yummy!

JOhnnie: Hi there.

Catherine: Glad himself got home safe to you. Hope it isn't too bad at the Dr.

Jess: Welcome aboard. Everyone here is wonderful and very encouraging. When I first started I could only do my exercise bike at 5 minutes per day. Just keep on plugging away at what you can do and before you know it you will be really going. There are lots of programs on TV, exercise routines if you have Fit Tv. You can maybe do one of those. There are videos at the library you can check out or at the movie rental places. Those are a few ideas that can get you started. Good luck whatever path you choose.

Yesterday we went to the water park and the theme park. I went on the fastest roller coaster there with dh. Never again will that happen. I was terrified and it hurt my neck so much. Yikes. We went home after that. Before then though, the water park was fabulous. I so enjoy spending time there. Walked and walked too which was fun.

I did my Biggest winner weigh in today and I have lost 3 pounds. I am so close to being under 250 I can't wait. Hopefully by Friday I will be there. If not, It will come. I am upping my water to hopefully push that along. lol. I didn't exercise much last week because I was feeling so icky with TOM so this week I need to bust my bootie each day to reach my goal of 2000 minutes for the month. I can do it if I push at least 66 minutes a day. lol.

Well, hope you are all doing wonderful, drinking water, staying op and moving your bods.

Blessings all,
Annie

Last edited by dogpal; 07-21-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #15  

Afternoon all!

Bernice, sounds like you had a great whirlwind trip. Tea is a natural diuretic. Keeping your legs up works too When I had it, I thought the alligator tasted like chicken .. hehe.

Hiya Penny! Wow, you had a lot of fresh stuff. My TOM is wandering away this week. I just wish he'd stay gone. I go for the sweet n salty stuff. I'd prolly have gnawed my left arm if it was properly salted last week.

debi, yummy, cobbler! I made a coffee cake thingie that isn't sweet called a Blackberry Buckle. Easy to make and good with coffee or tea. I've heard good things about Gold Bond for the itchies. Also, just pure talc powder is good.

Catherine, brain docs have job security, they just find things too interesting to stop messing around up there. hehe. It's like road contruction, it never ends!

Julee, glad you had a great trip! Interesting way to make money with the field sobriety thingie.. hehe.

Tex, it's hot here too. I lived in TX from 1992-1997. It is NOT a dry heat!! hehe. At least not in the Hill Country.

Welcome Jess!! I would advocate little changes that you can easily incorporate daily; meaning, don't hit the treadmill too hard. Baby steps are easier to handle. Most treadmills have adjustments if there's belt slippage. I won't say all of them, because I'm sure some of the cheaper models skimp on things like that.

I'm procrastinating at work. Back to the grind!

Luv,
Ratkity
Closed Thread