Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

dgramie- We are all praying here.
Annie-I am drinking water, but don't feel much like eating but I have. Just got blahs! They are better this evening though, thanks. I think the more I vent about it the better. Just not sure how much better it will be at work! Yeah, on the house clean. Doesn't it just make you feel good when it is done.
M'Chelle- I know all about sanity. I think I have lost mine. I keep telling my family that my room with its wonderful padded walls is already reserved, they are just waiting for me to check in. But they haven't taken me yet! lol I'm not sure what they are waiting for some days! he,he. They probably want to make sure they don't release me! Hope it gets better for ya!
Anne-Yes, the girls are very busy. You would think I'd be skinny as a toothpick all the running I do. He,He. Skipping a day is good, you will get back on it tomorrow. I know you will! You are doing do well. I am proud of you!
NotTheCheat-I feel like smashing things when you need help with that wall! I am sure others here will help ya too! When you are ready, of course. Yeah on going to the meeting, that is a great start. I have trouble with that exercise wall sometimes too. . . . . .like today. Stress at work? I have been at the same place for 11 years and have not had a problem until now. Weird, I know.
Catherine-Got the new toilet in yet? Do you know how soon? I always thought my boys were the worst at aiming. I could not imagine them having a biger target and missing! lol
Julee- I know what you mean about hubby being away! I am glad you made it through the night in the apartment alone. The friends he rides with sound not very considerate about your feelings, and to not be on time! ARGH, that would bug me too. Chin up, he comes home tonight right!
Well, hubby left to go workout and I didn't feel like going to quilt meeting, so younger daughter and I are just vegging out! I feel like such a bum today not getting anything really done. Better get dinner dishes done. Penny
Old 07-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #77  

Ratkitten- YEAH on the news! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for ya!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #78  

Catherine, I had to LOL and nearly spit mah tea out when you mentioned the bigger target and bad aim. My sisters have tried nearly everything to get their boys to hit their targets. It's an inside family joke. Mom even got us laughing on the floor how she trained dad.. she said now he sits down at night and that solves the potty seat dilemma as well. They've been married 50+ years. There's hope for you and Himself yet!! hahahahahah

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 07-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #79  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Rat-congrats on the job. Job stress is just the worst, and good news makes you just soar.

Penny-The toilet is in, and the 70 year old plumber is on his way home. Poor man is going through a divorce after 45 years of marriage. How would you separate stuff out after that? That's why he's gone back to work, to pay for his divorce. He definitely did it right, but it just took a long time. I hated seeing this elderly man on his knees in my bathroom, but someone had to do it. It's not as big as the ones in public bathrooms. It's like a regular home one, just higher, and actually kind of deeper inside.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

OK - I did absolutely nothing today! I managed to get out of my jammies to run to the store and then read by the pool - never even got in. I feel like I have wasted this day and I'm not good at that - so tomorrow my bet is that the house will be clean before 8 am.

Was a great OP water drinking day though - so something was accomplished.

Hugs,
Carol

Oh - food was journaled also - HOORAY!

Last edited by gggirls; 07-24-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:34 PM   #81  
Forget failed attempts...

S/C/G: 314/308/140

It's been a great day...WW meeting went very well, although I can relate to you, Nancy...most of the women were quite a bit smaller than me. At this point, though, I really don't care. I just need the support, and they all seemed very friendly and had lots of great advice to share. Today was the first time I found out how much I actually weighed, and that was a little scary. I just didn't want to believe it had gotten that high, but it didn't freak me out as much as I thought it would. I think it will be an even bigger victory once I reach my goal!!!

So far I have had 64 oz. of water today (up from yesterday). I'm a soda addict and just quit on Sunday. Since then I've only had 1/2 a can of diet coke; I think that's pretty good! I just sat down with my new-found recipes and made a shopping list, so I'll get that done tonight; I like to shop late in the evening when it's not nearly as crowded. So far, motivation level is high! I do have a question for those you out there who are currently/formerly WW members: My daily Points target is 38, but I'm tempted to keep it down as low as I can (and still eat enough) in order to lose weight FASTER, but it seems like that might not be such a good idea. If I only consume 30-32 pts/day, do you think I'd be making an unhealthy choice???

Have a great night everyone!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:50 PM   #82  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Monica - I don't know much about weight watchers but I've seen lots of posts from WW people who aren't losing weight. Not eating their daily points and/or their flex points seems to be a common issue. I'm not saying that this is why they aren't losing... but eat your points. I think they cut points off as you lose weight, so worry about that later. Better to start slowly than quickly, as later you might find yourself not losing at all.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #83  
Forget failed attempts...

S/C/G: 314/308/140

Thanks; that makes a lot of sense...I guess I'm just feeling a little impatient (I know, it's WAY too early to feel that way!!!) because I waited so long to start to get my body on track, and I want it to happen now. But I'd much rather be healthy, and lose weight in a safe and steady way.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:31 AM   #84  

Greetings to the new peeps, Monica and Rosebud!

Bernice – Glad to hear you’ve found your ankles. I’ve never experienced kankels, but my feet have swollen up a few times so that my toes looked like little piggies. Great news about your big loss!

Penny – I had a bad day water wise too. I had so many distractions/emergencies at work that I barely got to take the necessary potty breaks. I had been taking four 16 oz bottles of water to work everyday but it was such a hassle. Today I thought I'd just refill one bottle, but I never found the time. On the way home from work I bought a 32 oz bottle so tomorrow I’ll drink at least that much.

Debi – Wow, you’re busy with a lot of corn! Your friends will be in my prayers.

Sharon – I hope you’re feeling ok. It’s the pits to be sick during the summer. Everyone is running around having fun and you’re stuck in bed. Hope you got your laundry in before the bonfire. I live about a mile north of a funeral home that is also a crematorium. I try to never “hang out” if the wind is from the south (it seldom is).

Jess – Hi! I love Roseanne too!

Nancy – Keep going!

Carol – Glad you’re feeling better today.

Debbie - Everyone has been so busy with housecleaning! It makes me feel like I need to get busy. You mentioned your little people. I have one of those too. She has free range of the house. She even has her own recliner.

Annie – “Body clutter” is a great book! I read it last summer. I even bought my own copy. I found it to be so insightful and just what I needed to get me started. I think I need to pull it out and give it another read. At the end of each section there are questions to ask yourself or journaling exercises. Very helpful!

Anne – An occasional day of hooky is necessary. My employers expect it. In addition to standard sick leave and vacation, we can take mental health days. You are doing so well with your program. You are a marvel!

Catherine – Anne mentioned about journaling your food intake being in the news, I’ve seen a lot about it too. There was a big study that proved tracking your food everyday can make a big difference. I’ve been journaling daily for about a month and it’s a real eye-opener! I use a website that gives your tallies for everything: calories, fat, fiber, cholesterol, sodium, protein, sugar…. It’s great!

M'Chelle – Let them eat cake!

Ratkity – I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hope you get the job. From my experience, I would always take the recommendation of an employee over someone walking in off the street. For me it’s important to have that known factor. Good luck!

Monica – I’m glad the WW meeting went well. Knowing your starting weight can be kinda scary, but it’s important to know the bottom line. I like to shop later at night too. No lines, no hassled shoppers and the shelves are usually getting restocked for the next day. I usually work until 9 pm at least one night a week so I try to take my list and coupons with to work that day. Our store has double coupons every Wednesday. They allow doubling of any coupon up to $1.00 you can use 5 total coupons a day with a $25.00 purchase. Last night I saved $23.00 between the coupons and the store discount card for weekly specials. It’s a big savings.

Work has been so crazy this week. Our last staff opening was filled and the new person started on Monday and has been training this week. With all of the staffing changes there have been a bunch of extra shifts to cover due to the vacancy and vacations. In addition to the extra shifts there have been crazy computer problems. I was supposed to have a rare day off yesterday, but there were too many issues dangling. I ended up working nearly the whole day. Today I volunteered to work 9-1 and 5-9, a split shift, then a meeting cropped up at 2 pm, so the boss said she’d work for me tonight, which resulted in a 13 hour day for her (8 am – 9 pm). See it’s just crazy! Hopefully next week will be a big calmer.

The new director is working out well. She emailed the staff and invited them to lunch “on her” next Wednesday! That never happened with the old boss. She said she wanted to thank everyone for making her first month easier. The following day, Thursday, everyone is invited to picnic lunch/cookout provided by the CEO. She said to plan on a cook out the last day of every month for the rest of the summer.

Oh my, it’s after midnight! Time for this chick to hit the hay!

Miz M
Old 07-25-2008, 02:52 AM   #85  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Monica: If your target is 38 then you need to eat your 38. When I went back to WW this time, I started Flex. I had previously lost 90 lbs on Core...mainly becuase I didn't want to deal with all the tracking. I started with 33 points a day and at first it was hard to get it in. Then I remembered how much I love fruit and it got easier for me. I had a very hard time going cold turkey on diet soda...so I used it as a reward for drinking all of my water for the day. I actually now do that for any non-water beverage (except for unsweetened iced tea). Once I have had at least 64 oz. of water I can have something else to drink. Good luck and keep plugging away!!

Catherine...it was an interesting review. I agreed with what she said about wanting to more about the "auxiliary" characters (ancillary perhaps?) but it read more like an 8th grade book report than a book review for a newspaper, regardless of the size of the paper itself. Was the writer very young? I'm glad she liked the book...I'm sure we all are. Otherwise we might have had to have a little "talk" to someone up there

Hubby is HOME....hooray! I am glad he went but I missed him terribly..and he called me this afternoon to tell me he missed not having me there at CC with him...but after last year I just couldn't go again. As far as our friends....it's pretty much 90% the wife and 10% the husband...but I have decided that I am done waiting for them. From now on they get a 10 minute window (to allow for LA traffic) and then we move on with whatever...be it dinner, movies, whatever. I'm just not inclined to be taken advantage like this again....even if they were doing us a favor. They led DH and I to believe that they were leaving early, which was why I had him drive down with them, so he could have a full day. Oh well...live and learn.

Good night all
Old 07-25-2008, 04:09 AM   #86  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Monica - i used to be a soda addict too. once you go about a month with no regular soda your body wont want it anymore. its too sweet for me now and it makes me sick to drink. i have found that a good alternative if i want something sweet and dont want to pay for it is diet cherry 7up. so good!

also, eat all your points. they figure out that stuff for a reason, and youre paying for the information. also, it used to only be 31, they gave you more points because they found that you will lose quicker. just make good food choices.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #87  

Good Morning.
Well Yesterday was a very long day and today is a new one. I have got 2 20oz. waters in already and starting the third! YEAH, for me! I just got done with a small bicycle ride 6.8 miles and the body is feeling good. Not sure how my mind is yet! lol I am still feeling a little blah. But today, I have to bake a cake for a baby shower tomorrow so I will have to go to town shortly. After I eat breakfast as I haven't even done that yet. Hubby was not happy and told me that I should eat before going out on ride. I just didn't feel like forcing myself to eat when I wasn't in the mood too. I know I will eat. Still trying to figure out me on the inside and what is wrong. I heard I have to fix the inside so I can figure out WHY I am the way I am. Older daughters room is clean!!! Yep, for real. I didn't check under the bed, but hey it is a wonderful improvement over the last month. Younger daughter, not there yet. I guess I will have to get the cattle prod out! he, he

Monica-I agree with Anne, start slow, it WILL come off. WW is a good start, I hope you do well on it. My sister is doing WW points too and it works for her, she really enjoys it. Also, YEAH on the cutting out coke! My hubby was a huge soda drinker. The first month he cut out the soda, he lost a lot of weight. He now will have one about every month or so, and complains that it is sweet. He likes to use the drink packets in water and does very well with them. Have you tried them? I am so proud of his accomplishments and weight loss and I am proud of you too. Giving up something that you really enjoy is hard, but you don't have to give it up! Just go in moderation! He was crazy with it and always had one in his hand. Have a good day and I will be thinking of you!

Mizm-I did finally at 1:00 a.m. get my water in for yesterday. But I am told that ya gotta drink it! So, drink your water. Keep posting so we know how you are doing. Your name is on one of my water bottles so I will think of you when drinking it!

Julee-Sometimes ya just have to set limits, I think it sounds like the 10 minute window for the friends is a good idea. Glad hubby made it home.

Luan-I agree with you on the points, ya gotta get them in. Yeah to you for cutting out so much soda too!

Well, I better keep moving, I gotta get breakfast in me. check in later, Penny
Old 07-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #88  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Julie-Yes, the reporter was young. With the labor shortage here, everyone is too young for their jobs. She was also very bubbly, obnoxiously so. I took two years of journalism in school, and I was taught to never to act that interested in your subject.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #89  

Penny - 1 am and you're still drinking water?!?!?!? I'd be up 3 times before 6 am needing potty runs! I need to slow down the water intake by about 7 pm or I'm floating all night long (lol). Thanks for putting my name on a water bottle. That's such a sweet thing to do. I'll name one of mine after you.

Today is a repeat of yesterday with lots of computer problems at work. We have two different entities trying to get their software and hardware to play together nicely. At this point, one is refusing to come back and the 2nd is calling the 1st and trying to do everything over the phone. Yikes!

I'm almost ready to leave for lunch with a friend. We're meeting at a local mexican restaurant but I'm planning to be good. TOM came this morning but everything is good so far. It's been too busy to notice even if it weren't. I'll be back later to report in and see how everyone is doing.

Miz M
Old 07-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #90  

Height: 5'7"

HI...life has been nuts here!! My phone is ringing off the wall. THe baby is still hanging on..they are running test today to see just what shape he is actually in. Every hour he makes it really improves his chances.
The other girl is now in labor with her twins( 32weeks) everything is going great with her and they should be fine. THey should be here by mid afternoon if not before.
I talked with my daughter in law a little bit ago and she is still doing great. She is really getting excited about her shower on sunday. I have to make the cupcakes tommorow. I have little baby blocks to go on them that spell out baby girl. I decided against doing a cake since we are going to be having the shower at a mexican restraunt. Cupcakes will be easier and also a set serving size.
My scales appear to be stuck again...but thats ok for now,,,I havent had time to exercise much this week.
Hope everyone has an awesome day.
hugs
debi
Closed Thread