Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #46  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Ok girls the chores are done the weather is great so I am packing a lunch and taking the kids out to the park/splash pad to play and not mess up the house before house check today at 3.

Been completely off plan for two days caught myself thinking I can eat what ever I want. How silly of me. Falling into old habits is sooooo easy. Really sucks.

Got some bristol board and going to write up the daily schedule cause I keep forgetting to budget work out time.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi SuomiSara, Welcome!

Anne, the cherries are sooooo good!! We only got 3 on our poor little tree this year. The birds started picking at them so they were sort of a loss. My Mom is already doing a bit better. I think just knowing that she is going to be able to go and talk to someone, is helping. I permed her hair for her yesterday too, so that gave her an added boost. She actually felt like doing some things, so that's a good sign. Thanks for the well wishes for her.

Annie, I hope you get the job. That last one, I just don't see how people can do it.
Yes, we have Fit TV. And there are alot of the programs I would like to do. Never thought about taping them. Thanks!

Bernice, I'm right there with you trying to find the exercise motivation. I never found mine!

Ratkity, how cute is that! The man telling you you're looking good! I love it!

Catherine, you are!! The finest china there is!! Enjoy the new tub.

Julia, have fun at the park. Good luck to you on your house inspection.

The allergies and cough are going to be the death of me....but I persever!!! I have to get out there and pick more weeds out of the road before they bring more gravel. It always looks so bad when they come up between the rocks. This weekend we will finally do the deck, mow the yards and weed the gardens. Love it when it all looks nice!!
hope you all are drinking, movin,and OP!
Debbie
Old 07-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #48  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Debbie love your new avatar! cute picture!

I need to clean up somethings around here.....and do some more laundry.....

DD should be home tomorrow and I don't want her to come home to a mess!

Well the new avatar is Army son & I on the 4th....he made me laugh and expose my double chin!!! grrrr!
He called today "just to talk" hmmmmm wonder if his Dad called and told him what I felt over the weekend! LOL Oh Well it was nice to talk to him!

I am going to try to do some Pilates later lets seee how well my intentions pan out!
LOL

talk to you all later!
Old 07-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sharon: I know you didn't mean anything bad. I just want you to know how worthy you are and hugs to you.

Bernice: I love the avatar photo. You look really truly happy! That is the best photo there is when someone looks so happy. Hugs to you on the motivation.

Rat: So glad that you enjoyed your visit with your parents!

Julia: Good morning sweetie

Catherine: How nice to have new bathroom features. Just know that your "Himself" is treating you like his princess and that is wonderful. Hugs.

Debbie: I hope the allergies don't wreck you too much.

I am so proud of myself. I rode my bike 4.6 miles yesterday and plan on doing the same route. I have my job interview on Tuesday at 2 p.m. My old place of employment called today. The place where I was a vocational consultant for Welfare and food stamps. They are begging me to go to lunch with them today and talk about coming back. I said I will go and talk about it knowing full well that I have an interview on Tuesday and I will go to it. I may go back there temporarily for the money but also I don't know if the Lord is directing my path in that field. I don't particularly like it but It seems the direction I am pulled. I need to pray about it and see what my heart tells me. I am very excited about the interview on Tuesday though. Hopefully that will be God's will for me. The pay is FANTASTIC and the hours are 8-1 Mon through Friday. Please say a prayer for me that I do the right thing and that perhaps that job will be the one for me.

Okay, I need to go change now to do my bike ride because I am meeting former employers for lunch at noon.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 07-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #50  

Height: 5'7"

HI...
I just got the little ones down for nap time. We spent the morning at the playground and they really wore themselves out!!!
Hubby is driving me nuts...he is hooked on bisciuts and gravy and home fries..it sucks having to cook it and not eat it!!!!!!!!!!!!I have cooked it 2 days in a row and didnt take a bite!!!
I made a big salad for lunch and it was really good and hit the spot!! Hoefully it will stay with me till dinner! Just realised its 1 and i havent laid out any meat for tonight..guess i will have to thraw something in the microwave.
Gotta call the dr office and try to get my bill straightened out...they dont have the payment i made when i saw the dr last month and charge me for the visit. GRRR

dmpls- i think dieting and maintaning a routine in the summer is harder! I know i am sleeping in a little bit and messing up my day. I usually get up at 5 and lately have been sleeping till 6 or a little after. I know all the social stuff does make dieting harder.

annie _ hope you enjoy your lunch.

julia- have fun at the water park...wish we had something close by like that...i am thankful for the playground across the street.It has only been there for a few months and its pretty much a private area all fenced in.It is actually owned by a church. So everyone thinks its just for the church kids use but its open for everyone.

debbie_ i have been having sinus trouble but refuse to take meds because my dr told me it could be what brought on my last UTI. Hope your allergies clear up fast!!

debi
Old 07-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #51  
Proud Army Mom

Talking

debi-yes I usuallly am up by 5 and eating breakfast by 5:30 then my day is running from there on...during school time.......now that I don't necessarily have to be up at 5 I sleep later.........this week I've had DH wake me up (FORCEFULLY IF NEEDED!) so that I will start my day sooner but still I just lounge around till 8 and its time to leave for summer school LOL..........DD will be home tomorrow and next week I will do better!

Debbie-yes that is my favorite picture well except one other of me & my soon to be daughter in law! my hair & face look much better in the other picture however I'm missing my son so that's why I put that pic up LOL hate the double chin look! LOL but he was being so goofy and caught me laughing so hard! I will show you the reason I've attached a photo he took just prior to the one of me & him.....as well as the nice pic of me & Sara

Well, I'm really bored.........should be doing laundry.....DONT waaaaaaaannnnnna!...........want to eat something..........but really shouldn't........so thus the reason I popped online! Keeps me out of the kitchen for the time being!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_f21d79869f4824f6a71f7aca514efcbb.jpg (37.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg l_101920811efbac59a1a1083141632ddc.jpg (40.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-10-2008, 07:37 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Bernice, thanks, I really like your new one too. You look so darn happy!!!
How did the pilates go?

Annie, I'm so happy that you got an interview. I think what ever works out best for you, is the path you should take, but it can't hurt to have the BIG GUY's input on it too.
The allergies started up, so I came in the house til they calmed down, went back out, come back in. Sounds like fun huh? LOL We started digging our firepit too. Probably finish that tomorrow.
Good job on the bike riding. It sounds like so much fun!!

Debi, I don't like to take meds either so I just suffer thru it. I guess it's pretty bad for everyone this year. How nice to have a park right across the street, especially with little ones. The best way to tire them younguns out!!

I'm done for the day. Got all the weeds out of the rock road, dug some on the firepit, cleaned weeds on the hill in the backyard, got 2 vents repainted, vacuumed, and did a bit of weedeating. I keep going from one to the next, and none get finished. I need to just concentrate on one and get it completely done. Sometimes I think I have a phobia of finishing projects.
toodles
Debbie
Old 07-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #53  

Good Work All on the diet struggles hard work will show great results...I lost weight this week ...And now I am down 35 lbs.....Going on vacation ...So I will be A wall for 2 weeks.....Crossing my fingers that I can remain good!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:43 PM   #54  
Proud Army Mom

Angels-Good Job on the weight loss! Hope you have fun on Vacation!!!

Debbie-I didnt end up getting around to it....I accidently rubbed my stitches this evening and they shot a sharp pain through my head like I got when I hit it........kicked off a migraine........DH took me in to the urgent care since they are due to come out tomorrow we went to see if they could take them out tonight and give me something for the migraine.........well OMG!!!! It hurt SOOOOOOO MUCH worse than when I even banged my head initially I literally cried like a baby!!! I had to have the nurse stop several times and then just simply wimpered through the last three until she got them all out........the migraine was of course worsened because of the sharp pains that were caused by the pulling on the stitches........so they gave me two vicadins(sp?) and a RX for percocet which we will fill tomorrow and an antibiotic since the stitches looked a little red and inflamed the doctor wanted to make sure there wasn't an infection starting. The sharp pain is gone but my whole head is throbbing still! The area around the last stitch removed still causes a sharp pain to shoot through my head when it is touched.

Tomorrow is the last day of summer school and I hope I don't have a repeat of the migraine in the morning!

My son called again tonight and talked to me for over an hour! He was telling me about his Arabic class.......he wasn't suppose to take it till later on in his training but someone dropped out after 2 1/2 weeks and he was offered the spot.........he jumped on it even though he would have to catch up.........well today was his final exam....the teacher graded the 1st of 3 sections and Anthony had to do a verbal section......he did real well on the verbal and the teacher told the whole class that she was very proud of him since he joined them late and she had graded the 1st section and he passed that as well as the verbal section! He is still concerned about the other two sections but I think he will do just as well! He has to learn 3 different languages during his training and this is one of the hardest he will learn so he is thrilled that he has done good so far! He wants to study more on the language since he knows this will be one that he will need to use alot of in his Army career.

I think I will go sit with a cold cloth on my head the monitor light is starting to bother me. I just thought I would let you all know that I can shampoo my hair in the MORNING YIPPEEE!!! LOL over 10 days is way too long!!! LOL
Old 07-11-2008, 12:16 AM   #55  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

So yesterday was my first real day of vacation...nothing to do and nowhere to be...so I took advantage of it and slept in and stayed in my jammies all day until it was time to go to WW. I knew I would be up and I was and it is what it is. So today I did not sleep in quite as late...got a lot of business taken care of and then did a 40 minute dance workout video that I bought a few weeks back. I told myself I would do it over vacation and I am proud of myself for getting it done. It kinda kicked my butt but it felt so good to move and to sweat. Then I felt all nice and productive and went to the market to get groceries and actually cooked dinner. What a day!

In the meantime I am signed up for one market research study and will hopefully be confirmed for another tomorrow. I know my vacation is paid but it will be nice to make a little extra money to go towards the credit card bills...unfortunately Mommy did not foot the bill for all of our shopping excursions.

I remembered today that I enjoy being active and that I enjoy being silly and moving around. Although I had to modify some of the movements and sometimes just marched in tempo with the music...I didn't stop once. It was fun and not as repetitive and boring as the gym...so I am planning on doing it again tomorrow...one day at a time.

Have a good night all...sweet dreams.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:22 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 444

Hello ladies I would like to introduce myself. My name is Angela I am 28 yrs old and I have a 2yr old son.

I started my weight loss journey in a weird way I guess. I have been feeling off lately and I do have a thyroid problem hypo since last year and a b12 defiiency so I decided to finally get the nerve to go to the dr.

I say nerve because I have been avoiding her. I asked myself the other day why and it hit me. I was embarassed at what I let myself become. So I went to her yesterday and we are having blood work done for my thyroid sugar and other stuff .

I feel overwhelmed she basically said that I have to get surgery cause shes never seen someone my size lose enough weight to be healthy. I weigh 440 right now. Ouch i hate saying that. So I will be making an appt with a nutrionist next week not for the surgery but for help with a diet.

Thats it for me I hope to get to know everyone here.

Angela
Old 07-11-2008, 07:38 AM   #57  

Greetings Peeps! Personals time!!

Julia, good deal writing in your workout. I conveniently forget to do that if I don't psych myself up for it at a scheduled time.

Debbie, did I already tell you I love your new avatar? If I did, I'm telling ya again Sorry about your allergies. I've been getting dizzy due to allergies. Not sure why that happens, but it's a pita!!

DMPLS, w00h00 on your new avatar too! I'm so glad your baby boy called you just to talk. Even if your DH didn't say anything, it's apparent he values your opinions and loves to connect with you. I'm so sorry about your migraine and the stitches *hugs*.

Yay Annie about your bicycle riding!! Go girl! I have all the faith that the job meant for you will appear. Right now, I'm in a job I love, but again, management is making life difficult. I am taking responsibility by looking for more a appropriate job in my building (I work for the gov't). I have faith that we both can find the best job for us!! I have new verizon FIOS and saw Fit TV go by. I've never watched it. Is there any show you've seen that you like in particular?

debi, you are doing great not eating what DH is craving. I'm always amazed that you keep up with those little ones. How is the potty training going?

Julee, w00h00 on doing your exercise video! I have been doing Wii Fit to add some different things to my exercise.

Jrsygurl, welcome!!! I'm sorry you are facing health problems with thyroid and blood sugar. Don't let anyone push you into bariatric surgery. It's not the easy way out. It takes lots of work, if not *more* diligence because it can be circumvented easily with dense, high calorie foods. There are people here who have had bariatric surgery and folks who have not (all 300+ cuz that's who we are!) and are my heros because of all the work and effort they've put into their success. In the end, it's your decision. Going to a nutritionist might help (depending on his/her training). Please stick around and get the same motivation I've found from these wonderful people.

HeatherProf, I'm counting down the time until your trip! I'm one of those nutty people who love looking at slide shows and photos of other people's trips. Take lots of pictures!!

Ugh about your pool classes, Catherine. Interesting that Himself got that tub setup. Free is good! With new furniture, your place should be looking nice and inviting (Oprah inviting? hehe I kid, I kid!). Have you gotten enough vitamin D? That can cause lots of pain.. I can't rem if you told me that you took a multivitamin.

Welcome Suomi!! I can't rem if I welcomed you... CRS ya know Tell us more about your sweet 8 month old and about yourself.

Anne, I used to cook, but reallly don't like to now. I like to hear of your enthusiasm to create new dishes and make yummy things lower calorie and healthier!

Sharon, TOM is around the corner for me. I've wanted salty things and went up 5lbs in one night. Geesh. Can you say water weight?? Vitamins will also make me sick to my tummy if taken on an empty stomach. It's the B vitamins.

Nancy, whatcha doing? Peel yourself away from WOW and at least tell me what server you are on. I can look for you there. hehe.

Lurkers, I know you are there! I hope you all are doing ok

Luv and Hugs,
Ratkitten
Old 07-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #58  

Height: 5'7"

HI...
rat_ you asked about potty training...well I have one who is pretty much potty trianed. THe other 2 I havent had enough to really work with them. guess when they come back in aug it will be full force.

dmpls- hugs on your head...wow that sounds so painful!!

angela- glad to have you with us!!

julee- enjoy your vacation.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 444

Well today I am going to the food store to get some fruits, chicken and tuna since that seems to be what worked for me in the passed and thats what I ate when i had gd with the baby.

Then I get to go to toys r us cause he was good for his grandparents this week I swear i love that store more then him lol
Old 07-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #60  
Proud Army Mom

Welcome Jersey girl!!! What part of jersey are you in? My husband's aunt & cousins live in Jackson. I love going out there to visit!

Well, my head has been hurting all night and all day! the meds they gave me last night wore off.......I didn't even get sleepy with them!!! I was up till 3am with the migraine and then DH woke me up at 5 when he left.......he called me again when he got to work thank goodness since I finally fell asleep! LOL I took a shower and had to wash my hair 3 times!!! LOL went to work and suffered through the 3 1/2 hours..........then drove straight over to the Pharmacy and picked up my meds! I just took them and I'm going to lay down IF the puppy will leave me alone! I just might put her in her kennel so I can get some rest!

Oldest DS is driving youngest DD home today and I am to meet him around 4 to get his contacts & glasses. I may have to have him drive to the house first and pick me up if I'm still feeling badly! I swear one stitch was stitched through a nerve or something............that hurt soooo bad I don't even think when I ripped during delivery of my son ....I was in that much pain! LOL I normally can tollerate intense pain! I seriously thought she was cutting my skin with the scissors or stabbing me with them! LOL

ok enough whinning! hope everyone is having a good day!

ttyl
Closed Thread