Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1164

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi there everyone!
Carol so sorry the scales are STUPID!! I'm sure you will see a 'whoosh' soon, you know what you're doing food & exercise-wise so it HAS to get back AND go down soon.xxxxxx
Ratkitty SO SORRY about your kitty, you had the chance to say goodbye & he knew he was loved & had a happy life. HUGSxxxxxx
Zelma hope you feel better soon, hugsxxxxx
Heather sorry about your leg, it must be so frustrating just as you're trying so hard to get certified.xxxxx
Well I've not posted coz I was down & fed up but hey, just to make me feel TONS better my son & gf had a serious car crash on Friday night, she had to be cut out of the car. They are both shaken, bruised & battered but gf has a broken cheekbone too, her car is written off BUT they are alive & will get better soon, have to be grateful for that!! Our car is STILL waiting for a part, the bike needs MORE work & savings are almost gone...Still I am TRYING to stay OP & keep busy in the garden. I'm not up to exercise as my hip & knees are acting up & any pressure is hurting so I thought a little pottering around the garden & walking into town a few times is better than nothing.
Thanks for letting me have a moan, I don't know what I'd do without you, my 'cyber' friends!xxxxxxxx
xxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 06-23-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:01 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

sharon_ glad no one was hurt worse!!!! Im sorry life is hard for you right now. Walking is cheaper than driving with gas prices so high!! Hubby is complaining that it cost so much just to fill up the mower gas can now. I remember it use to be just cents to mow .
hope you get some wonderful veggies out of your garden. Im starting to get some pretty steady now.
hugs
debi
Old 06-23-2008, 12:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Bernice, what a little cutie!

Heather, will you still be able to dive in Croatia?
Take care of those legs.

Sharon, so glad they weren't hurt seriously. It's too bad about the car too and your bike. Hopefully things will smooth out for you soon.

Were still under bunny attack in my poor little garden. I tried putting baby powder around, they like it I think, makes them feel pretty. So we've got to get that fencing very soon. They've broken off one of my bean plants and took my cantalope plants, and now they are starting on the lettuce. There won't be much left if they keep this up. I'll know better next year.

I've been on SB for a week now and am down 4lbs. So I'm pretty pleased with that. It's been pretty easy to follow so far but the only thing is, is I like something quick in the mornings, and I've yet to find something quick.....but I'll keep looking.

Hope everyone has a great OP, water drinkin', movin' day!
Debbie
Old 06-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #5  

Debbie - Congrats on getting through your first week of SB with such ease. I finished phase 1 last Thursday knowing that I was going to a company cookout on Sunday. I'll have to say the SB was pretty easy for me too! I lost 12 lbs in the 2 wks, in fact, I'm starting over with phase 1 so I can get detoxed after the weekend off program. The only thing I didn't care for during my first go was the headachy feeling I had for about 3 days. Good luck and I'm eager to hear how things go for you!
Old 06-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #6  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Heather-joints are one of those places where nitrogen bubbles can hide. If it doesn't get better double quick, have it checked out. Make sure if you go to a doctor, get one familiar with it, preferably one on the certified list.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Sharon -- Goodness! So glad all the people are okay! What a scare!

Debbie -- I won't be able to dive in Croatia unless I finish the certification there. And hubby needs to find HIS certification stuff too! But it's okay if we don't dive there -- it wasn't all about the diving and gives us another day to loll about!

Catherine -- nitrogen bubbles were the first thing I thought of! I actually called the Divers Action Network first as I was a bit panicked about it. They confirmed that given our depth (deepest dive was 26 feet for 20 min total, 2nd dive less than 20 feet for 10-15 min) that nitrogen issues were unlikely.

Also, I'm pleased to say that it feels much better today!

Last edited by Heather; 06-23-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:43 PM   #8  

Hi All,

Sharon.... I am so glad everyone is all right. Good job pottering around in your garden ...and walking.
Debbie, Congrats on the weight loss!! Glad the bunnies ae looking after their diet aslo and eating lots of veggies ......(lol) Although I hope they leave some for you!!
Rainy and foggy here...The ball fields are closed...Boo hooo...But on to better news survived another weekend camping and lost 3 more lbs...
Old 06-23-2008, 05:48 PM   #9  

Hope you all have a great day....Heading for my walk.... I will check in later....
Ratkitty ....You are in my thoughts!!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Hi Peeps

Sharon - the scale is just stupid sometimes isn't it - stay the course is all I can do - for some reason not even bothering me too much. Hugs to you all - glad no one was hurt badly. Are you growing any veggies in your garden?

Heather - glad to hear you're feeling better and it's not a nitrogen problem.

Debbie - you must have weally wascally wabbits - baby powder has always done the trick.

Angels - great job on the loss this week - and camping to boot!

Debi - glad you're getting lots of veggies - will you get tired of squash?

MizM - don't you hate the first 3 days - I'm never sure just exactly what it is my body is craving at those times - sugar or caffeine.

Catherine - finished the book again - will add my kudos - I'm hoping to be able to listen to your interview when it's broadcast.

Annie - WELCOME HOME - I saw your exercise minutes and post on TBL - AWESOME JOB - can't wait to hear about your trip.

Hugs to you all,
Carol
Old 06-23-2008, 08:03 PM   #11  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I have officially started freaking out again. I'm terrified to fly, but am going to make 4 flights in the next 3 days. With my brain injury, when I'm really tired, I get kind of goofy. It's like sundowner's syndrome that people with early dementia get. Fine in the morning, but then altered by evening. With me in addition to getting it when I'm tired, I get it when I'm really upset. This trip has me so freaked, that I'm having trouble focusing long enough to just pack. I had so many things I was supposed to get done today, and just couldn't. It wasn't that I didn't want to, I was mentally/physically incapable. I think for the first time, that he is really seeing it, and understanding how hard flying is for me. Seeing me altered has scared him. I think this will be the last time he makes me get on a plane for a long time. He apologized for not being able to understanding me, and I just told him that all husbands are basically clueless about what makes us tick.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Catherine - I'll keep you in my prayers. I'm not a good flyer either - I understand a little.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #13  

Catherine Sorry you are so stressed about flying ...Sending you some (Hugs) ...... I had a great laugh when I read the statement that your husband was clueless..... Maybe its a good thing that I never met a man that loves a Cadilac woman like me!! Just between us I could never understand why men would pick up those little teeny sport car women ...When they could drive a cadilac ...(lol) Angels

Last edited by angels4u; 06-23-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi all,

I had a great trip to CA unfortunately Luan and I were not able to meet up. I was at the restaurant where we were to meet and went to call her and she was stuck in traffic and couldn't meet until later that night and I had plans with my family later that night and was flying home at 9 a.m. the next day so, another time. I do know that she comes to this area some times and I will make sure I meet up with her here.

The trip was nice. The flight was wayyyyy better than I thought it would be. I fit just fine in the seats and didn't need a seat belt extension at all. I had a great time with my sisters and my nieces. It was so nice to see them graduate. The weather was HOTTTTTT! lol. I bet Julee has been telling you guys about it. lol. I missed my DH more than I can say. I tried to log on when I was at my sister's house but I forgot my password Duh. lol.

I hope you are all doing wonderfully well and staying op.

Rat: I did read about your dear sweetie pie Capn Kittie and I am so sorry for your loss from the bottom of my heart. HUGGGGGGGGS to you.

Catherine: I got my book in the mail when I was gone and I haven't had a chance to start reading it yet. Hopefully this next weekend I can sit on the hammock and read. Thank you for signing it for me. I so appreciate it and I am so proud of you!

I will post a couple of pics for you guys when I have more time. I dreaded going back to work today because I just hate collections. I know I whine so much about my jobs or lack of them and so I will try hard to not go there but I am going to be looking hard for something that suits me much better. My supervisor is sitting beside me when I do all of my work and calls and she told me today that I need to get to sounding meaner on the phone. That is not in my nature and I just don't think it is for me. I don't want to change my personality for a job. I know that God will have the perfect fit for me. I will keep this one until I find the one God has for me. AT least it is a paycheck right now.

Well, that is about all of the flapping I will bore you with right now. I did manage to loose 4 pounds since I was gone and reach my 1200 minutes exercise goal for June. I am ahead some but hoping to really start working out again daily instead of every other day or so. I feel so much better when I do it that way.

I have joined the 5K for the 4th of July and am looking forward to it. Hopefully I can do one each day of the weekend.

Hugs to you all and it is so good to be home.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 06-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #15  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Catherine - I feel like I am at such an advantage over you since I now feel like I know you very well thanks to your book. But you are only beginning to know me. I wanted to echo Carol to say that I will add you & himself to our prayers.
Closed Thread