Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 09:18 AM   #61  

Height: 5'7"

thanks heather...I think age is playing a part as well. Last time I lost this much weight I was still in my 30s. Now at 44 my body is changing!! LOL
I agree I had rather have skin than be fat and unhealthy. I did weight training all winter but have slacked off this summer. Been doing more physical yard work and gardening. Walking daily..maybe it time to hit the weights again and jump on the mini tramp again.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:24 AM   #62  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies!

Today is the kids last day of school. So starts 8 weeks of organized chaos! My house will be pretty full & busy! My kids 12, 7, & 5 will be home then the babysitting kids 10,9,9,9,& 3. In canada we are allowed 5 plus our in a home care arrangement. So I work part time (2 hrs before schoool and 2 hrs after school) during the school year since they are in class. But the summer comes and then I put in 12 hour days! And its a revolving door! School starts again Sept 2. Let the count down beign!

I am so looking forward to lose skin and streach marks. Clothes and spanx can cover all that well. But nothing covers the rolls of fat very well at all. And DH is use to lights out anyways! LOL

Its going to be a humid day here. So I am trying to get work done this am and head to the mall for some cool freedom before the school bell goes!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by JuliaDH; 06-26-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi chickies,

I think I am clicking back in to a routine again. I've managed to stay OP 2 days in a row with food and exercise, and I feel calmer again. I feel like I did before vacation and all the changes. My clothes are straining at the seams, so I have an incentive to keep going in the right direction.

Rat: I'm sorry about your kitty, and your spill on the bike. I hope today is a good one.

Carol: Congrats on your big loss!

Zelma: You are right--the stretch marks and sag are certainly better than the before picture. I'm sure more will appear as the scale inches down. I'll take that over not fitting into chairs and feeling exhausted all the time.

DGram: counting calories and eating lots of high quality foods, and staying hydrated are the keys for me as well. I've never succeeded on a diet. This has to be a sustainable change.

Julia: Good for you, for facing the fact that your DD is overweight. I know you can help her move toward a more healthy lifestyle as you help yourself.

Hugs and hi to everyone else. Gotta run
Old 06-26-2008, 11:19 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Rat: I wish I could bike to work but there is no place to chain my bike up. I did manage to ride it to my group therapy meeting on Tuesday. That was a huge step for me. 3 miles each way but mostly it was because I am so nervous doing things alone. Sorry that you wrecked on your bike. I say next time use that kid as a speed bump. lol.

Debbie: SO glad that South BEach is working for you. How did the blood tests go. I hope your Dr. appt. is a good one.

JOhnnie: congrats on the -1 more pound. You are doing so fantastic. I think you are right. Slow and Steady will win the race. I was thinking that maybe I am the frog not the other way around. lol.

Bernice: So sorry that you are up a bit. I'm sure you will be back on track asap and get that 3 off plus some. Congrats on your new baby. I looked on the pic page and wanted to say your dh looks wonderful!

Catherine: So happy that your flight was okay and you made it. Hugs. I hope you have a good time sweetie.

Debi: The veggies you cooked sound yummy.

Julia: Hugs with whatever you decide with your dd. Hard situation I'm sure.

Justmary: Nice to meet you. Hope to get to know you better soon.

Battle: So happy you are back. I missed you. Glad things are getting back to normal for you.

Well, I have a horid bladder infection and it is causing me lots of pain and fever. I am home from work today trying to drink, drink and drink. I got my perscription last night and was able to take 1 med before bed. I'm sure that after today I will be feeling okay to go to work tomorrow. I was up most of the night thinking I was going to get sick to my stomach and of coarse I couldn't because of my gastric bypass.

I posted a few pics from my trip on the pic page. There is one of my teeth without braces and sadly there is a piece of gum stuck in the corner of my mouth For that I'm sorry. It is a good close up shot of my teeth though.

I hope you are all having an op, water drinking bootie moving day.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 06-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #65  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm back from Vegas! DH and I had a fabulous time....I wish we had walked more but it was about 108 with hot winds so you felt like you were in a giant hair dryer. So we took taxis to get to the far ends of the Strip and did a lot of indoor walking...especially our last day. I will get some pictures up soon...and then I am going away this weekend by myself to see a friend. We ate way too much and I'll pay the price for it...but having time to ourselves with no other distractions was wonderful. We aired a lot of issus that had been bugging us both and are now feeling very strong together and like we have a plan. More details on the trip later....
Old 06-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #66  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the input on the stretch marks...

I have the lower leg issue too, which surprised me. My area above my calves is quite loose I'm really hoping that tightens up after awhile. Hey I'm not complaining though I knew there would be an after-math but like you all I'd take this over where I was any day. Was just surprised to find newly formed stretchmarks!
Old 06-26-2008, 12:57 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Debi, well the bunnies have left request for a bigger variety on veggies next year HAHA! There still around. They're eating the lettuce now. They must not like the cabbage, they haven't touched that.
Good for you on getting the ripened veggies before the beetles and rot!!
I hate my underarm part too. I don't notice it so much below the elbow, but man, the upper under part is just awful. It just wiggles and jiggles and the blouses I wear, they don't make the sleeves long enough to cover it. ICK!

justmary, sorry you're going the the empty nest syndrome. It does hurt so much, believe me, I know, just ask the girls here. In time you'll adjust and things won't be the way they used to be, but you've done a good job on raising him and he needs to spread his wings. I look back now and see how hard it must of been for my Mom when I moved out at 18. Now we get to see things from their side and what they went thru.

Battleax, good to see you back and getting yourself back on track. The clothes feeling tighter is definitely a good incentive. You can do this!!

Annie, my goodness. You are just beaming in those pics. You're one pretty chickie!!! You're teeth are beautiful even with the gum!
I won't get the results of my bloodwork til I go next Tuesday. Im hoping for even more improvement.
Hope you feel better soon. Those are soooo painful.

Julee, aw, that's grea that you guys got things off your chests and feel so much stronger now. YAY for the vacation to work it's magic.

I don't have much else to add really. I'm still doing really well on SB and expect to make my 75lbs lost anytime now. I really didn't think I would ever get there. I'm so happy! It's scary, it's exciting, it's so many things wrapped up into one big ball. I have my husband's sweats on today. Just a couple weeks ago I couldn't even pull them up, now they fit fine. Before, believe it or not, I was still wearing my sweats from when I first started losing, I just pulled the strings tighter and tigher. They were huge in the legs and butt, and when I put hubby's on today, I can't believe how much smaller my legs and hips are. I'm really surprised.....and happy. And I just want to thank all of you for your comfort, advice, kicks in the butt and just for being there for me. MWAH!!!!
Have a great OP, water drinking, movin' day!
Debbie
Old 06-26-2008, 02:03 PM   #68  
Tricia

S/C/G: 417/387/375(mini-goal)

Height: 5'11

Hi!
Thank you everyone for your imput on the thyroid. I appreciate it. I wish I could keep up with the personals, I usually have a lot to say when I'm reading, then I get to the end and it just seems too overwhelming. I was doing it before and it was a lot of work..lol. So, kudos to you all that do it consistantly.
Still looking for F/T work here, and my pet-sitting biz is slow for another week, then it's one right after another till 2nd week in Aug. Been looking for jobs on-line and not having any luck. I would love to work from home doing data entry etc, but I can't seem to find and legitimate companies out there that would offer that without having to buy something. I mean, seriously, I need a job for money, and they want me to buy a program or whatever? Are you kidding me???? Ugh...it's so frustrating! Okay, I feel better I got that out!
Hope you all are having a wonderful day!
Take care
Tricia
Old 06-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #69  
Tricia

S/C/G: 417/387/375(mini-goal)

Height: 5'11

Oh, by the way, I almost forgot...we had our 1st "monsoon" storm yesterday in the south part of the valley! I didn't even know it till I saw the news and the lightning started a fire that's still blazing out of control! It's crazy since it was so hot and sunny where I was (northwest valley) that it actually poured rain like crazy for 10-15 min straight. Now, before you all start laughing, that 10-15 min is really good for us desert folk..lol!
K...bye!
Old 06-26-2008, 02:29 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Tricia - you just jump in with whatever you can - personals are not necessary. I'm with you - lots to say and then nothing.

Debbie - glad you're feeling better and soon to hit the 75 mark.

Battle - what can I say - great to see you!

Annie - you are beaming - your beautiful teeth match the beautiful you.

Julee - glad you had a good trip. Looking forward to pics.

Julia and Debi - I'm so glad there are people like you to help others with their childcare issues - makes the world a better place.

Me - same old stuff - doing well OP. The recent talk of stretch marks and skin are surrounding me - my trainer had surgery yesterday - lower body - they removed about 27 pounds of tissue in 9.5 hours. I'm interested to see him - I'll go visit on Saturday once he's out of ICU.

Hugs to you all,
Carol
Old 06-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #71  
Johnnie

S/C/G: 390/291.8/??

Height: 5'1"

Annie - You look beautiful in your pics. Your teeth are gorgeous even with the gum lol. Hope you are feeling better and over that infection very soon.

Julia - 8 kids!! You are definitely a more patient woman than me.

Battle - Glad to see you back and getting into your routine again. Just keep making those baby steps and you will be ok.

Julee - Sounds like you had a great time in Vegas with quality time for you and hubby to reenergize your relationship.

Tricia - Good Luck on the job search. I know I could handle pet sitting much easier than the child care Julia does...I'm still in awe of how many children she is sitting.

Count me in as those looking forward to loose skin, it is so much better than the alternative of fully fleshed out skin I have now.

Wishing everyone a good day.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #72  

Debbie: Woo hoo on wearing your hubby's sweats. Thanks for the nice comments.

Tricia: I know what you mean about the online or at home type jobs. They all want some money up front. Hello!!!

Carol: Aww gee. You are so sweet. Wow, I think that is awesome for your trainer. I bet he will feel so much better once he heals. I can't wait to be there myself, not the pain part but the whole new you part. Those of us, like your trainer who have lost lots of weight sure do look like wrinkled pups without clothes on. lol.

Well, feeling a bit better but still having fever. Just wanted to check in with you chickies.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 06-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #73  

Johnnie: Thanks sweetie. We must have been posting at the same time.

Julee: Glad you had a great trip in Vegas!

Blessings to you both,
Annie
Old 06-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #74  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Got home in one piece. It was sure turbulent. In Vancouver, there were over 160 people, they had to turn away 40 because the room at the college would only hold 160. That is absolutely my last plane trip unless he wants to take me to Tahiti.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #75  

Need your suggestions for a weekend in Chicago

As a belated birthday gift, my friend and co-worker offered to pay for a weekend in Chicago (Saturday – Sunday). We live in southern Wisconsin and plan to take the train from Harvard Illinois to downtown Chicago. She suggested I look for some possibilities of where to stay, what to do, etc. We haven’t nailed down a date and could perhaps wait until early fall. One or both of us may need to ask for time off or rework our personal schedules, so we need to decide soon. That’s were you all come in…I’d love your suggestions. When we’ve talked about what would be fun we agree that some possibilities are window-shopping, a play/musical, go to the Second City comedy club, getting a facial or our hair styled and ???? What do you suggest? Do you know of a well-located, nice and reasonable hotel? Where should we go to shop? Is there a nice bar/restaurant with good music (easy listening or rock/pop)? I’d love to hear your suggestions/ideas!
Closed Thread