Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 08:37 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

This is a day that I would have gone on a wild binge instead of squeaking in at the highest possible calorie limit I've set for the hard days, were it not for 3fc. I'm working late tonight. My office is across the street from a grocery store. I was in there wandering around wanting to buy fried mozzarella, cake, enormous mayonnaise and cheese-laden sandwiches, potato chips, cookies, you name it. I bought a reasonable dinner in comparison to the above list, returned to the office and logged into 3fc. I read about great NSVs and losses, and got a grip on myself. I want the NSVs, I want to live life to the fullest. It's so darned hard in the heat of the moment sometimes to regain perspective. Phew.

Annie: You are doing great with the exercise. It's hard to believe you are only a few weeks out of surgery. And your weight is dropping like crazy! Soft cooked eggs don't sound good to me, either.

Nancy: hang in there. Glad the funk is gone, now if only the stress from the office move would be gone too.... I hope you can take a little vacation or something after the office is settled.

Donna: I feel for you. I wish I could make the stress from the repairs and mishaps go away. I'm sure you do, too.

Debbie: scales are frustrating! I weigh myself sometimes 10 times because every time I stand on it the readout says something different. I usually take the number that shows up the most, with the scale in the usual position on the floor.

Ratykity: feel better soon! I hope you get some good sleep tonight.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:55 PM   #32  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello Folks!

Well, today was a better day, in that I didn't lock myself out and was able to get to work on time. Other than that, not much going on over here ...

Ammi
, sounds like you've got a great outlook on the week! Keep up the great work! You would think a lifetime battery would mean at least more than two years, huh? Maybe it's fine but I'm going to try to get a new battery and just see if that makes a difference. I hate to think I'm losing this weight when in fact it's just a wacky scale! Starting in September, we've got birthdays galore all through til Christmas, so cake is everywhere! Argh!

Battle
, forbidden things seem to always have much more allure, so perhaps if you give yourself permission to indulge (but not overly) at these events, you'll not feel so driven to overeat? Of course, easier said that done - I actually did overdo it on the cake, so I wasn't successful in that. Good for you on the food choices tonight! As someone who is very shy but tries to hide it, I'm impressed by your determination to not let your introvert tendencies stop you from doing what you want. When I find myself trying to battle my shyness, I remind myself of the quote by Andre Dubus: "Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people."

Annie, I'm amazed at your ability to make all those foods and not feel tempted or deprived. Glad to hear you had such a productive visit with the trainer, too!

Catherine, gotta love a great bargain, huh?

Xena, good luck with your tests!

Valerie, glad to hear you like your new job! What are you doing?

Luan
, on losing 4.2 lbs - that's awesome!

Lindsey, wow, what a great date! Glad to hear you had such a good time, and he sounds like a great guy.

Sharon, I hate it when that happens! (both the post loss and the weight gain) Sending you some

Donna, ouch on the van! The worst thing I've hit is my own legs (quickly learned to wear long pants, lol). Can insurance drop you for something like that? I hope your head is feeling better.

Rat, yeah unfortunately yesterday's key incident is no shocker! As soon as I'd closed the locked door, I thought, OH CRAP! I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Debbie, I probably would have been better off just getting down on my hands and knees rather than bending over all the time - do you have one of those gardener bench thingies?

Nancy, wow, right after a personal move you have an office move? That sucks! I hope things calm down soon.

Alright, I'm off to bed - g'night all!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:18 AM   #33  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

hey everyone, thanks for all the congrats! its been a wierd week all in all. my best friend has been here for the last 2 weeks, and we've been eating out a lot. also, my grandmother lost her husband. its been really dramatic because his side of the family is really trying to screw her. they basically obtained an illegal power of attorney - they got a thumbprint when he was half in a coma, rather than get a signature, and had it notarized, but the insurance company cant find the notarys information, so it may not be legal. they basically stole every last moment from her. they wouldnt let her talk to him on the phone - they just hung up, they fought with her in the hospital, and when he was taking his last breaths she was forced to leave because they were so horrible. he had a terrible battle with diabetes and was a double amputee (well triple - they had to re-amputate the first leg), so its just been horrible. now his brother is trying to cash in on the life insurance policy because he is the power of attorney, based on the thumbprint. its all pretty rediculous.

beyond that, on a happier note, i found my brother. on of all place - myspace. that has been awesome. he has really felt alone because his adoptive family has treated him really poorly. he is a freshman at the university of Wyoming, and positively ADORABLE! hes just as glad to be back in our lives as we are to have him back
Old 09-26-2007, 12:51 AM   #34  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Hi All~

Well, I have been on the new dosage of my Synthroid for four days now and not only have I taken off the water weight, but I am back down to the weight listed on my ticker. My darned scale just couldn't give me a few more ounces down to get under 359, no that would be too much like right.

Anywho, I think that my stomach finally adjusted to my fill as I have been monitoring my food intake for the last few days and I am eating between 1 & 2 cups of food, with the exception of cereal. I think with the cereal thing the milk might be helping it to wash straight through where I am banded. I'm going to have to ask about that when I go to see my surgeon. :/ I have to say though, that if I happen to have an attack of mental hunger, I have a box of popcicles on hand. Counts as liquids according to my surgeon, so I can indulge in those, sugar-free of course.

I managed to walk a mile and a half Monday morning and frankly, I am sorry that I did. I wore myself out so bad I could barely move for over a half hour after I got home. I am still wanting to up my walk length, so I think instead of a mile and a half, I am going to go for a mile and a third to start then work up to the half.

Hopefully I can get caught up with everything that is going on in this thread this week.

As always, I hope everyone is doing well and if not, you are in my prayers.

Story
Old 09-26-2007, 07:36 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi – I guess my control comes from really not giving myself too many opportunities and really being aware of what I’m doing most of the time.

For example, last night, hubby and I had planned to go out for pizza for dinner. But when the time came for dinner, I realized I was higher in calories than I wanted to be for the day. So I still had pizza, but less than I was initially thinking I would. I supplemented with a salad.

I try not to give into the mentality that every meal out is a reason to ditch the plan. I eat out enough that I would totally sabotage myself if I did that. I also know that staying on plan is like following a path. It takes work, but isn’t too hard to follow. Once I leave the path, however, it can take a while to find it again!

I really recommend everyone head over to the maintainers forum for lots of insights and ideas. You can even post there – it doesn’t matter if you’re “maintaining” or not.

Ratkitten -- That "lifestyle" mentality is one I definitely need to keep in my head. Sometimes I resent the heck out of it, but what choice do I have?

Debbie -- Take anything you need!

Annie -- Yay for shaky muscles! You know you had a good workout! I have found that over time I recover more quickly from weightlifting. Initially I was wiped out for HOURS it seemed afterward. Now I'm home, drinking my protein shake and back up again pretty quickly!

Last edited by Heather; 09-26-2007 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:19 AM   #36  

HI Everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Sita and I am 27 from Philadelphia. You all seem so supportive and helpful.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:53 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Nancy: So glad that you are feeling better. I hope the stress goes quickly from you.

Battle: Great job staying on track.

Leslie: Hi hun.

Luan: Sorry about your Grandma's trouble right now. Yeah for finding your brother. Hugs.

Storey: Take care of yourself sweetie.

Heather: that is sure encouraging to know that it will get better cause, I am one sore puppy today. lol. I think I am even more sore when I realize I lift weights again tomorrw. lol.

Sita: Welcome. Please jump in whenever you feel like chatting or need some encouragment or want to give some. So glad you are here.

Well, I slept in today. I didn't get up until like 9 a.m. That is huuuugee for me! I am usually up around 4 or 5ish. I slept great and went to bed last night not feeling the best and woke today feeling great, although I do have some sore arms screaming at me. lol. I am going to try to go to the gym today and get a swim done there at 10:30. Hopefully I will jump on the bike, gazelle and walk here at home. Tomorrow eve. DH and I will go try out the new gym and probably join it. lol. I am excited about joining another gym. It sounds fun to me.

Well, everyone have a blessed and happy day.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 09-26-2007, 06:00 PM   #38  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I don't have time to read anything right now, but just wanted to let everyone know that I made it to Toronto okay. I hate flying still, but survived it and am getting a lot of work done on my school work.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #39  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Go LUAN! Go LUAN! …Holy Cow – being reunited with your brother has to be a real trip!

STORY, Glad you’re adjusting and walking. I hope you’ve found a good balance.

Wwwwwwwhooooooa, LINDSEY! My goodness girl, you must be walkin’ on air!

Thank you BATTLEAX! And Congrats (belatedly) on reaching that mini-goal! THAT’s the way to do it!! …Next time, maybe log in BEFORE you go to the store?

ANNIE-BANANIE – WTG! On getting back in the pool! I’m so jealous of that personal weight trainer thing! Don’t worry – he/she’s there to help you get stronger and healthier. Just another member of Team Annie! (I can hardly wait for Thursday – OUR weigh-in day. Giggle-giggle.) Go Baby, Go!

SHARON – Sorry about both your post and the temporary gain. We’re both setting big goals with the holiday deadline. We can do it, but there can be NO slacking! Let’s kick this thing!

DONNA – Unbe-brokenwindow-lievable! Three times?! I hope you can focus on something else tonight. I get those evening munchies myself, and they’ve ruined many an otherwise good day. Please don’t let an hour or two mess up your great progress!

AMMI – Great job getting back to the task of winning! I know myself how hard it is to re-start. Yes, I got the job at the bank and am totally loving it so far. My new boss lady is a hot air balloon pilot on the side – isn’t that cool? Only 2% of balloon pilots are women, but she’s one of those gals that you can’t tell her that she can’t do something, especially if it’s just because she’s a girl. I love ‘er.

RATKITY – I’m looking forward to hearing about Gabe, myself. The trainer called last night, but it went in to my voice mail for some reason. Hopefully we’ll talk tonight. I hope you sleep better tonight. Wear that sexy mask, ok?!

DONNA – Easy question. Take the 309. Don’t talk to the bugger tomorrow if it can’t see reason.

NANCY, Look at it this way. Final exams are the absolute WORST! So the company’s move, bad as it is, can’t be worse than finals, and you lived thru those, right? And the finals you weren’t getting PAID for. It’ll be OK. Eventually it will work out, and in the meantime you can only do what’s humanly possible… unless there’s something else about you I don’t know?

LESLEY, I’m doing payroll, specializing in taxes, which I haven’t been able to do for a long time. I’m really enjoying it. I’m glad you had a better day yesterday, and I wish you an even better one tomorrow! Yeah! That’ll be Ugly Betty night!

From Heather on down, I’m going to have to catch up later. I’m late for the barn!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #40  

Annie -- What you're feeling is called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) and is common when lifting. Many people feel it the next day. Your muscles are repairing themselves from the little tears you put in them yesterday. Makes em strong (and why we wait a day between lifting sessions!)

I don't feel DOMS in all my muscles after every workout, but I do still feel it the next day if I gave a set of muscles a good workout! So, your body adapts.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:15 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone~~

I just posted some pictures in the picture thread. There are some from a year before I started my diet and looking at them really depressed me. I looked pretty different and I know how miserable I felt and I just felt so bad looking at how I was. Yeah, I know it's different now, but the fear of gaining all of my weight back and looking and feeling like that again terrifies me. I know you all understand what I mean.

Now I'll try to get a couple of personals in before I have to sign off.

Catherine--don't forget to have a little fun while there too. I'm glad you survived the trip and can get some school work done. That's probably a big relief to you.

Annie-- Good for you on feeling sore-- that means you did something right. Seriously, you will get used to the "burn" and like Heather said, you need to make sure to give yourself a day in between the training so you don't hurt yourself. But you're seeing a trainer, right? How was seeing her for the first time? I know I read it, but I forgot? Is a trainer worth the money is what I want to know. I don't have a lot of it so I need to get opinions from people I actually TRUST before I would consider taking the plunge.

You are doing so good and I am so very happy for you. I use you--oh ok--I use all of you--as my own personal butt kicking inspirations when I really want to cheat. I say, "If --------(insert name) can do this then so can you." It really works when I want to eat the brownies that I made--er, make--for my BF. So keep on being my butt kicker, okay? By the way, how did you two like the gym?
Hi Sita-- This is a great bunch of people and we always like to meet new friends. Just jump in and tell us all about yourself and soon you'll actually feel comfortable posting here. I know it can be a little unnerving at first but we already like you so...

Heather--I just want to say how really AWESOME I think you are. I'm really glad you're our moderator. You always give such good advice to all of us and you always have good things to say to us.

Story--It sounds like the Synthroid is helping. I'm so glad. Good for you on deciding to cut back on the walking and not cutting it out all together. It's better to start out slower sometimes and to build up as you go. I'm proud of you for realizing that and deciding it for yourself. I know that once my last drain and tube are out, and once I get the okay to start exercising again, that I am probably not going to be able to walk at the 3.8-4.0 speeds I was walking before. So I'll have to build up again which will be frustrating. But like I told Annie, I use all of you as stories of inspiration and I will think of this one and not feel so bad.

Luan--I'm sorry about your grandmother's troubles. It sounds like her husband's family are a bunch of real "tools"

Finding your brother is so great and I am happy for you. I was kind of in the same situation--my father's 2 sons from his 1st marriage moved and we had no contact with them for over 20 years. My niece Shauna is 19 and she was doing a geneology report for college and my big brother Rob got back in touch with us. I guess you can tell how happy we were. Anyway, this year--a year after contact was reestablished--they came to Massachusetts and it was wonderful. I always wondered about what happened to him and now I don't anymore. He's the youngest assistant warden in the state of CA, he's been married for 23 years and he has a wonderful family. Plus we talk and e-mail so it's wonderful. I am so happy for you, like I said. Good luck and I hope it turns out as great for you as it did for me.

LitChick--I hate to say it, but you made me LOL with your story of being locked out of your car. Not because I'm evil, but because I've done it and it's frustrating. So they were laughs of sympathy. I'm glad today was a much better day.

BattleAx--that's a pretty darn good NSV if you ask me. That's what we all have to do--make these "seemingly" easy choices every single day to get to our goal. I for one am very proud of you. It's hard, but you did it.

You know something? Maybe sometimes it's not about not eating 1 candy bar, donut, piece of cake or whatever--maybe sometimes it's about NOT eating 3 candy bars or donuts or whatever...what do you guys think? Just something that occurred to me as I'm typing.

Anyway, good job BattleAx. Keep up the good work.

Hey Nance--I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope your stress level goes down soon so you can get back to your "normal" life. Don't beat yourself up about not getting to the gym. You're doing an awful lot at work right now and like you said, it has to get done. Sometimes, sadly, the almighty dollar has to take precedence. (Darn that almighty dollar )

Ratkitty--figuring out when you're going to want chocolate is sometimes the key to not eating it. Like if I had chips in my house, I would eat them in the afternoons. I figured out that between 3 and 5 I like to munch--especially if I didn't eat a good lunch. Sometimes it's okay to give in and have a chocolate, but if you do it every day that's not so good. Once in a while I have chips--even though I am on a low carb diet and they are a big trigger for me to overeat. But once in a while I eat my Salt & Vinegar Lays and then I'm all set for a while.

By the way--slap on that mask and get some sleep girl. When I don't get enough sleep I'm just awful. I hope you're feeling better soon and good job staying OP except for the chocolate.

Meta--I have that over indulgent little girl in me too. Now if I would just learn to over indulge on things like exercise and money my life would probably be a little bit better.

Xena--how'd your tests go?

Ammi--how are you doing today? Good I hope. Remember--it's one day at a time and sometimes one meal at a time. Geez--I sound like a 12 step group--but that's really how it is sometimes, isn't it? Keep up the good work.

John--your Rudolph story made me laugh. But you do realize that some people have no idea what you're talking about right? I know some people who have never seen Rudolph, Frosty or The Baby New Year.

Well I have to go now. It's after 9:00 and I'm tired. I'm kind of bummed that I don't get regular TV because I wanted to see the new Bionic Woman. Oh well, I'll live. Have a great night everyone. I'll talk to you as soon as I can.

Vicki
Old 09-26-2007, 09:23 PM   #42  

Dolfin, your pictures are FABULOUS!! I am so inspired by your progress. You keep it up!!

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 09-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Vicki, Wow! What a difference. You look amazing now. Keep it up and don't worry about gaining it back for now. You've come a long way.

NoLife, so glad you heard something from Gabe's trainer. Hopefully you will be able to go see him this weekend.

Catherine, go out and have some fun!! Glad you made it there and hopefully the flying wasn't too stressful. Now just relax, study and have fun.

Annie, you just keep amazing me. Sorry to hear the ol muscles hurt but once they get limbered up, you'll do just fine.

Story, sounds like you are doing amazingly well too. I know when my dil wanted to eat more, she would drink something with the food and then it would go down faster. I think that is how she actually gained weight after having the lapband.

Luan, sorry to hear your grandmother has to go thru all that with his family. It totally gets to me how some people can be so cold and callus when it comes to money. Hopefully she will be ok when it all settles. YAY! on finding your brother. That's wonderful!!

LitChick, nope, don't have a little bench. I just get up and down using my hands and feet. Really lovely, my butt sticking up in the air while I'm trying to get up.

Nancy, hang in there girl! I know you can do it...just look at it as exercise and getting paid for it.

Battleax, you made a great choice! It IS very hard to make the right choices when eating out. But you did great and even better by logging in to 3FC to help get a handle on things.

For some reason, I'm hoping to have a better weight loss this week. I'm hoping the plateau is over. We'll see.
Debbie
Old 09-27-2007, 12:01 AM   #44  

Vicki -- Thanks for the sweet words! Moderating this group is very easy -- you are a great group!

My thoughts about trainers: I love mine. He's been sooo helpful teaching me what to do and why. I still make progress working with him. But but but as with so many things -- it really helps to find someone you can work well with. Otherwise, you might be throwing your money away! There have been threads on the "Ladies who Lift" board here about finding a trainer. There may even be a sticky there somewhere! Gives some good things to consider.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:46 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Just a quickie, the scales are DROPPING numbers kike magic, it helps me stay OP! having to cook but not taste or eat it is toture!
Luan, FAB on finding your brother, I hope you both enjoy lots of time together. So sorry about your grandma's problems, money & relatives can be a lethal mixture, I hope the courts/legal system punish them for the pain they've caused.xxxxxx
Hi Sita, what 'plan' are you doing? theres ladies doing W/W, calories, 'healthy' eating, all sorts.xxxxx
I've been rreally pushing the walking as much as I can, even my bottom is hurting, must be all the hills around here (Derbyshire is VERY hilly) but oh it hurts!!lol
Battleaxe, your choices are GOOd, ok you wanted that other stuff but you RESISTED!!!GOOD FOR YOU!!!xxxxxx
Gotta go drink some (black) coffee to wake up! it's 8.45am here & I have to get Gareth to school, luckily its a TWO minute walk, lol!
xxxxsharon
Closed Thread