Old 07-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #16  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Once they get too big GET RID OF THEM. Do NOT keep them "just in case" because then you are enabling that "just in case" to happen. This way you don't have anything to fall back into, and that is a good thing.

I got rid of them ALL once I grew too small. I sold alot on ebay and made some $$ back to buy new clothes and also donated alot to charity.

But--- I did keep one pair of "fat pants" at my highest size and a shirt at my highest size so I can always check and see how far I have come.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I actually don't subscribe to the "get rid of all the old clothes" rule. I actually have a bunch that are 1-2 sizes too big right now that I might keep. I know myself and not having a bunch of clothes around isn't going to to stop me from eating my way back to obesity. There are always stores and more clothes to buy...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:29 PM   #18  

I agree -- I'm one too!! I got rid of all my "big" clothes once when I lost weight and it cost me a couple hundred to replace them when I went back into "eating denial"!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:47 PM   #19  
A Flabuless Diva

S/C/G: 334/225/176

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torister View Post

I really like the idea of a clothes exchange too FlabulessBeck (great name too!).
Thanks Torister...Size X Change is coming together...it was a bigger project than what I thought it would be at first...always the way! But it is fun putting it together. I desperately need too...cause I NEED NEW CLOTHES...My old ones are falling off now...but I cant justify buying retail cause I still have 63lbs to loose...GRRR

Flabuless
FLABULESSBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:31 AM   #20  

Most of my too big clothes are boxed up for a rummage sale. My t-shirts and any slob-around-the-house pants I still cinch up with the drawstring and wear. But I have bought some new stuff for slob-wear.

Mostly, I'm getting rid of it. I've done it before - got rid of my fat clothes and had to replace them. Cost a fortune. I've also gotten rid of my skinny clothes and have to replace them. Costing a fortune now. But in the long run, I think it's best. Keeping them really hasn't worked. The few "skinny" items I have are now so out of style they aren't very useful anyway.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:21 PM   #21  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone for your replies. It's been interesting to read the different responses and ways of handling it. My closet was getting out of control (hubby and I share a small walk-in) so I decided to go through and sort my clothes. Most of what I had in there was either too big for me or unwearable due to stains, etc. I threw out one large bag and the rest I have set aside to donate to my church's charity shop. I did keep a pair of pants and a shirt to use as my 'before' clothes.

Now my closet looks more organized, I know the clothes fit, and I feel much better!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote