Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 05:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again #1109

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:55 AM   #2  

Well, I'm back, ladies. My birthday was a lot of fun! I didn't get trashed...lol. But I was doing alright. Haha. There's no way I can catch up with personals, but I wanted to come in here and confess my food sins. It was a BAD weekend. WAY off plan. But it's okay, because it's a new week, and I'm not going to binge anymore. I had pizza TWICE, Taco Bell TWICE, cake & ice cream, and then to drink? Oh man. An Apple Martini, a Strawberry Daiquiri, 2 shots of vodka, a shot of apple pucker, a margarita, & 4 wine coolers. So many unneeded calories. But you only turn 21 once, right?! I'm going to try and detox my body, and I am NOT weighing in this upcoming Sunday. I'm going to skip a week to let my body get back to normal...lol. Cuz I know I'm retaining a LOT of water from the alcohol. I just don't wanna get depressed if I hop on the scale & see a gain right now....

Especially since I'm already so upset with myself.

When I first came to 3FC, I made the goal to be to my goal weight (200) by my 21st birthday. I had plenty of time, and the goal was do-able. I had a year & a half. Here I am....my 21st was two days ago, and I'm at 344. -sigh-

Just really got me upset.

Well, it's early. It was so hot in our apartment that I had to get up, turn on the air, get something to drink, and I'm sorta awake, so I thought I would come in and post my sins. lol. I'll be back a little bit later!
Old 06-04-2007, 06:12 AM   #3  

Oh, and THANK YOU, Torister! I forgot to close out the old thread....again. lol
Old 06-04-2007, 06:13 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Morning ladies! I managed to stay OP this weekend and actually got all my exercise in both days.

I have to share my NSV from yesterday. When I took my pedometer off last night and checked it, it read 10,400. YES, I cleared 10,000 steps!! This is something I want to do on a regular basis and I have set the goal to achieve this by September. I think I can do it.

Kayley - Happy belated 21st Bday!! I am a Gemini too! My bday is the 12th! Although my 21st bday was decades ago, I remember celebrating! Don't get down on yourself. So you veered off plan this weekend. So what? You are back here and from the sounds of it ready to move forward....that is great! You have done well so far and you can do this. We all have speedbumps on our journeys.

I gotta go hop on my bike for my morning ride...thankfully it is an indoor bike as it is soggy as **** here this AM. Will check in later! Hope everyone has a good WI and has the beginning of another OP week!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:02 AM   #5  

I thought I was going to be able to lay down, and get some more sleep, but that's not happening. It's FAR too early for me to be up! lol.

Torister - Holy cow! That's a lot of steps!!! Awesome NSV!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Kayley and Torister -- Thanks for the thread upkeep!

Kayley -- I understand the disappoint with not making the goal. I remember how stoked you were and how well you did. It's okay to take a minute and feel bad, but THEN...

Use it! Motivate yourself to DO IT this time. Do not wallow but tell yourself what you want and GO for it!!!

Oh, and

Torister -- Congrats! 10,000 steps is a great, fun goal!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:52 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone! Happy Monday!

Kayley, glad you had a good birthday! And as for not making your goal hey, don't worry about it but just keep going! I was going to be at the place this summer where I could wear all the cute little clothes, too.... didn't happen but oh well. It is what it is! Think of all your progress you have made and just keep right on going! I had a birthday last weekend too... only I turned 60... yikes!!

Torister, congrats on making all the steps! That is great!!

Sue
Old 06-04-2007, 07:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

SUE!!!!

I hadn't realized!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:21 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL thanks Heather!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Sorry I have been MIA since last week...
I have been working OT and I am having trouble with my heel...I could barely walk. Which of course means no exercise for me. At least I posted over 200 minutes for May, which is 200 minutes more than I have done before!! I finally have some time to make an appointment this week to see what's going on since it has gotten bareable instead of excruciating!!
Also it was Prom Weekend for my Scott...so all the running around(I should say limping!) was nuts!! I have to figure out how to make my picture size smaller so I can post them. My baby looked so handsome and had a great time.
Needless to say my eating was terrible...I think the stress took hold. I am really feeling sad about my son growing up. I know it's all good, and I have done my job well, but it still hurts the heart. And to think I have to go through this 2 more times!!!
On another note...I have recommitted myself to my plan...I was watching a heartbreaking show about the Brookhaven Obesity Clinic here in NY. It was very upsetting because it is SOOOO possible that I could end up like that. I remember just starting college and being on Nutri-System...weighing 200 lbs (I WISH!), and sitting in the WI room that had drawing-type pictures of men and women with hanging belly's and boobs, and thinking that I would never let myself get that way. Yeah, right. When I take off my bra at night, my family has finally stopped asking what that thud was. And I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of the heat rash underneath!!! Sorry if it's TMI, but I haven't vented in a week, and I must be PMS-ing, even though I never know when TOM is comming anymore!!! Phew...now I feel a little better...I laughed, I cried, and am so thankful you guys are here.

I am so behind that I will leave personals for this new thread starting tommorow. One exception though...

I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME KAYLEY!!!!

Have a Great OP Day Everyone!!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #11  

happy belated birthday kayley!
well i finally made it out of the funk i have been in for a month thank goodness! congratulations to all the losers and hugs for those of us having a hard time!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #12  

Misti - You sure don't look 60!! Keep on doing what you are doing...its working!

MamaB - I am so sorry you are in pain. Sounds like its time to go to the Dr. about it though. Feel better soon!!

Toofatforu - Glad to hear you are out of your funk. Even though you are struggling...you are still here and trying!! You can do this!

Thanks everyone regarding the steps. That was just so neat! Not that I will clear that 10000 mark again anytime soon. I was just a busy gal yesterday and hubby and I went for a walk before dinner last night.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:25 AM   #13  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Sue - Happy Birthday!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #14  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Glad you had a nice birthday Kayley, and a happy belated to Sue!! In a neat coincidence my mom is also turning 60 tomorrow, and my little guy and I are buying her a bike! It will be her first new one as an adult and the first time she has ridden in many years. I hope that you enjoy yours, and she enjoys hers. I am dreaming of next spring when I will be small enough to buy one too and ride with my son.

Torister, I see I missed you breaking the pound barrier while I was unable to access the forum last week. A big congratulations on being into the two's! I'm sure all those steps have a little somethin' somethin' to do with it. I think I missed Annie making her first 10% too...that is incredibly exciting and a huge accomplishment! I'm so happy for both of you...

This morning's official weigh in was beyond even my own wildest water retaining dreams...I am now 297.4 pounds. I have been restlessly yearning to be under 300 for months now and I've finally made it. It feels absolutely fantastic and I couldn't be happier...I haven't been here for more than a decade so in a sense I feel like I've stepped back in time to my twenties.

It also marks 100 pounds lost which can't help but feel special.

Thanks so much to everybody for being here and sharing all this with me week in and week out.

Okay! Enough of this! On to the next 100...
Old 06-04-2007, 12:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Sue - if I look as great as you do at 60 I'll be one very happy woman. You don't look anywhere near that age! I hope you had a happy birthday, and belatedly

Hugs,

Ammi
Closed Thread