Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 05:16 AM   #61  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Just a few quick personals before my own news. I know I'll miss lots of people, but I'm a little tired (as I'll explain later) and I'll have to save most personals for later.

Kayley - Sorry I missed your birthday. I am SO glad it was a good one. I hope you are enjoying your new MP3 player. It sounds as though you got some 'good' drinking in. For my 21st I went to dinner at a nice restaurant with a dozen or so friends. Drinking wasn't really that exciting because we can drink at 18 over here. The novelty had kinda worn off a little bit by then. Now... my 18th may have been a different story...

Sue - Sorry I missed your birthday as well. Are you still racing around on your new bike? It sounds as though it is perfect for you. I know I've said it before, but I have to say it again... You do NOT look your age!!!!! In fact, you don't look anywhere NEAR your age. You've obviously either got great genes, or you have found some wonderous ways to keep yourself looking young and gorgeous. If you have any tips, please send them my way.

Emilymay - I am SOOOOOO happy for you!!!! What fantastic news! It is wonderful that you got a job, but to get the job that you REALLY wanted is just even MORE wonderful! You must be over the moon about that.

Well, that is about all for personals. As I mentioned earlier, I am fairly tired at the moment. I have a really good reason for that though...

I am EXTREMELY proud of myself at the moment. We have an annual event at school called a Lapathon, where the students get sponsors to run laps of the school oval to raise money for various things. Last year was the first year I joined in and it was only for part of the time before I headed off to do something else. Well, today I did the WHOLE time, which was 50 minutes and I completed 28 laps!!!!! Each lap is 250metres, which means I covered 7km, or 4.2miles. Now, this is pretty good in itself, but what is even BETTER is that I walked one lap then jogged one lap and just kept alternating. I don't think I have ever jogged that much in my LIFE! I have NEVER been a runner! My legs were getting a little tired at the end of it all, but I felt SO good afterwards. Kids were SO impressed that I had done so many laps. There was music playing loudly and I just got caught up in the moment. Different kids of all ages would walk or jog with me, which made it even more special. I have a feeling that I may find some muscles in places I don't expect to find them tomorrow, but at the moment I am just going to enjoy the pleasure I feel at finishing the whole event.

Another 'high' for me today was a piece of writing that my 'difficult', but beautiful at times, little boy wrote. They are given 3 minutes to write about a given word. We call this "Wild Writing". The word today was "Love". I can't remember his words exactly, but it went something like this...

I love Mrs K. I don't think she is weird. (the kids pick on me now and then, in fun, because I keep telling them that they are weird with their wacky senses of humour) I think she is cute like a teddy. (we just covered similes a few minutes beforehand) I love my teddy. I think I am cute. I bet that Mrs K loves me too.

This brought tears to my eyes. I think there was a little more, but that was the gist of it. This little sweetheart has trouble writing and expressing himself at the best of times, so to write this is simply wonderful.

So, basically today has been a wonderful day all round. I have NO idea what tomorrow may bring, but it is these days that keep me smiling and wanting to go to work.

I hope you are all having wonderful days as well.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 06-06-2007, 06:55 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Zelma -- Great to see you posting! Great about the laps! And what a wonderful bit of writing by that little boy!!

Sharon -- Don't stress about the weight -- I bet it IS TOM!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:58 AM   #63  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning everyone! Wish I had time for some personals but work beckons! Just want to wish all of you a SUPER and successful day!! Stay OP and move those butts LOL
Old 06-06-2007, 08:57 AM   #64  

Height: 5'6"

Can I count cleaning out my closet of 4 trash bags of clothes as a form of exercise?

I did that last night and this AM. I will be dropping those clothes off to Goodwill later! I am keeping a couple of "reminder" items. I just don't want to ever fit into those clothes again!

Still exercising and staying OP with my food. Hope you all have a great OP day!!
Old 06-06-2007, 09:14 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!

Xena: I hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation. I am sure the other girls have issues too-no matter what they are! Just remember why you are going and enjoy every minute!!!

Emily: on achieving your goals of a dream job!! You have worked hard and deserve to be happy!!!!!

Valerie: Good job on being OP! I am on my 3rd Op day(so far!) in a row and it does feel great~I understand exactly how you feel!! (didn't you know that buttermints are really breathmints so they don't count???) As for Panera......and that's all I have to say about that!!

Angela: I am not sure if I have welcomed you...but to our little piece of the web! You are doing great and I am sure your husband will be so happy to see your progress when he comes back! Send him thanks and best wishes for what he is doing...I guess he is allowed to be hot and cranky once in a while!

Catherine: It's funny, I just ordered a D cup bra instead of DD...that is always the first place I lose...I wish it was in my legs instead!! I bet your Mom found the foam much more comfortable. And that poor woman on TV must have walked like a hunchback! And as you already know... if you don't eat enough, you won't lose anything. (Which I personally find so bizzare, because you would figure the less you eat the more you lose!!!)

Heather: Maybe you don't realize how much you are eating because you are so involved with the grading?? Just a thought!

Zelma: Wow...those laps are such an acheivement!!! And that little boy has found something special in you. It must be SOOOOOOOO rewarding, especially when you didn't expect it!

Sharon: How frustating...you will probably see better results next week. Sometimes I think it takes a week or 2 for our bodies to catch up with the hard work we put in.

Peggy: YES!!! Of course it counts!! And just think of how happy the person who get's the clothes will be!

I am still OP so far, and am so proud of myself! I can't help being a dork, but I am really trying to be committed and make some progress. I saw one of the prom pictures of me and my son, and of course I was shocked that I still looked so big...even though I don't feel that way. I am looking foward to the day I can enjoy seeing myself in pictures again, instead of being the one taking them all the time.

Have a Great OP Day!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Just flying through this morning....you guessed it, another busy day! Selling my old car to my cousin, going to pick up my other cousin to stay here for the night, maybe get some swimming in, and make a trip to Walmart. Then, the gym tonight. I gotta get some dishes done sometime in there, too.

Sorry no time for personals! I'll try and get back in here later.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 347/332/150

Height: 5ft 7in

hi all! sorry i haven't been around much lately. i don't have a real reason, i just haven't been lol. anyway. i've lost a total of 15 lbs so far..so that averages to about 5 lbs a month, which is good enough for me. anyway. i still go to the gym 3 times a week, and when i went yesterday i saw that they got a new machine...an elliptical. so they showed us how to use it, i dunno if all ellipticals are pretty much the same or not, but there was one thing i didn't understand. she showed us that we can change the level of resistance and the ramp...and she said that ramp was the speed, but i don't understand that cause aren't i the one making it move and go as fast or as slow as my legs can go? so i was hoping maybe someone could explain to me how these things work. i didn't want to tie up the worker's time cause its first and foremost a physical therapy place and she had people she needed to work with. so if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated : )
Old 06-06-2007, 12:05 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been on for a while. I am having a super wonderful time with my sister. I did great at my weigh in on Monday. I was down another 6.5 pounds. I am on the low side of the 400's! I have 36 more pounds to go to get to my 2nd goal. I just can't believe it.

My sister has worked with a personal trainer a ton of times so she is using this week to train me just like her trainer does for her. I can honestly say that I have never in my entire life been more sore than I am right now. I am continuing to do all my swimming every other day, my walking daily, my 30 minute bike riding daily plus what she throws on me which is toning. Monday I did arms and today is arms again. Yesterday was lower body and can I just say..... owwwwwwcheee! Every day we do abs. The only part of my body that is not sore right now is my head. lol. Hopefully it will make a difference in a good way come my next weigh in.

Yesterday we went to "Wolf People" my sister so enjoyed seeing the wolves and hearing about them and I got to hold the babies again, tee hee. It is amazing how much they have grown in a few short weeks. Tomorrow we go to Montana to see our other sister so I will be MIA for a bit more.

Sorry that I have no time for personals and this was all about me. Hugs to all of you who need it, Big Whoop Whoop for those of you who have lost and had wonderful NSV's and weight losses and to those of you who are struggling, please hang in there. I really know how hard it is and something good will happen just don't give up on yourselves!

Blessings to all of you my friends,
Annie
Old 06-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #69  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Ooooo, ANNIE! I'm so excited for you I could just squeal! WAY cool that you basically have a trainer there at the house, for the moment anyway! Usually when family comes to visit, it is NOT a good thing for the exercise and diet plan. I wish I were there to join you!!!

LEE ANN - sounds like a good, consistant weight loss that comes with a change of life style. Wonderful that you're healthier every day!

ZELMA - Sounds like you had just an awesome day! COngrats on the laps, and what a heartwarmer that little boys paper was. Thank you for sharing that!

I'm late for the barn, but still OP so far. After yesterday (and all the failed 'First Day's' before yesterday) today is much easier. I still broke down and had a buttermint, but just one. I also discovered that som fiber powder I had for mixing with beverages, you know, the kind that never disolves - just clumps and is generally gross? Well, I discovered it was a bit sweet and actually rather pleasant sprinkled on cottage cheese. Who'da thunk it?

Off to the barn. Wish me sweat (so I feel like I've DONE something!)
Old 06-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #70  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Dagnabbit! I was hoping to get in a swim when I got home from the gym, but when DH and I got down there, there were like 35 (exag.) kids in the pool. Not that I don't like kids, but sometimes... Anywho, I wouldn't have been able to get any laps in anyway (the little boogers were everywhere) so DH and I just went for a quick walk instead. I'm sure I'll like my own kids when they come along . Not much else today. My job is still driving me crazy, but that's nothing new. Only two more days and I get a little break, I'm so excited for my anniversary trip!

Lee Ann, I love the elliptical. The first time I got on one, I could only do 3 minutes. Now, I can get on for a hour, no sweat (well, actually, there is A LOT of sweat). I don't know about the speed. No one showed me how to use it, I just hopped on. I though it was all you... The display tells you how many RPM's your'e doing. Oh yeah, and good for you! 5 lbs a month is fab!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:39 PM   #71  

Hello everyone

Valerie, What is 'liquid fence'? I hope you're not going to poison the little guy, now that you've decided not to eat him. Are you not eating any carbs at all? As a carb-addict, I can't even begin to imagine trying that. I'd never be able to do it. How did you make out at Panara's? Were you able to stay OP? on making it through one day OP. I'm glad that it helps you to feel good and successful. You can do it!!!

Angela, I got the keys that didn't work at a very small hardware store. That's like Home Depot but on a much, much smaller scale. Today I went to Canadian Tire (similiar to Home Depot) and lo and behold, the keys actually work!!! Well at least the 3 I had made for my front door work. I haven't tried the mailbox key yet. I'm feeling optimistic. Kudos to you for staying OP even though you're going through so much stress.

Catherine, re your comment about ballistic missiles. Your key story far surpasses mine. You're lucky that the car wasn't stolen when someone unlocked the door and left the keys on the seat. I can only imagine how you felt when you saw them, especially after spending so much money on trying to get keys made and after everything you went through, they didn't work.

Xena, I'm that your trip to the Grand Canyon is marred by your weight issues, although I certainly empathize with you. I would worry about the robe too, if it were me. I hope you're able to enjoy your trip and relax. I understand about your foot pain possibly being caused by your weight. I have pain in my foot and back because of my weight. I beat myself up about it too. Bottom line is that we're both doing somethinig about it now.

LAnne, I'm sorry you're having so much pain in your foot. I hope you can find some relief soon. on working out despite the pain.

kayley, Finally somebody who understands about my phobia of blood tests. My family thinks I'm

Story, I'm glad you're enjoying your being able to eat solid foods again. I can only imagine how much you missed it.

Sharon, sometimes we lose inches instead of weight. on the inches. I understand how upset you are about the scale and I'm that you gained weight. I'm sure you're about to have a big loss soon. With all that walking, how could you not.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #72  

Zelma, on your 28 walk/job laps. Maybe a good soak in a bubble bath will help your muscles to not hurt so much tomorrow. Your son's writing was so sweet.

Lee Ann, back. I'm new here, I started in May. on losing 6.5 lbs. YGG!!! I'm impressed with all the exercising you are doing. I hope your muscle soreness goes away soon. What diet plan are you following? I'm glad you're having such a great time with your sister and that she is 'training' you. What a bonus!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:07 PM   #73  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

CATLOVER, Liquid Fence (which I had never heard of until I the other day) is just a spray with a nasty smell that critters won't like or eat. You spray it on the leaves of your plants (but not the parts you eat) or on the grass/ground surrounding the garden. It's made with (UGH!) dried blood, putrified eggs and garlic. Sounds just gross enough to work! I'll let you know.

Can anybody tell me, at 5' 2 1/2", or 5'3", at what weight will I no longer be obese?

Well, I must be living right or something, because I've had so much good fortune in the last 24 hours! Last night at a horse show committee meeting I found out that I get free entries at one show, so one of my students will be able to show on the 16th for free. THEN, one of the other committee members had volunteered to let her blacksmith use her horses in a shoeing demonstration. She had to back out, so he called me and now 2 of my horses are getting sets of shoes for free! (Well, almost - I just have to trailer them down to the event he's working at, but shoes run $80-$120 per horse.) THEN, a mom from the barn gave me a $25 gas card for driving her DD to the barn and such, said she wants to hire me to give lessons to her hubby, AND told me she'd haul one of my horses to the fair grounds next week with hers, saving me the cost of that! PLUS, my niece just called and said they were actually sending a check to help with the $500 we spent on Grandma's 80th birthday gift, which was supposedly from 'the family' but not one other grandkid contributed. And FINALLY, my husband actually got a good load OUT of Florida - which if you know trucking, just does NOT happen. So far the new company he just started with has been awesome. PHEW! Blessings abound!!

And if all that weren't WONderful enough, I have just completed my second perfectly OP day in a row! I can't remember when I did that with no cheating.

Two down. One to go!

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 06-06-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:10 AM   #74  
peace out

S/C/G: 318.4/289/145

Height: 5'2"

Valerie - according to the BMI chart someone posted on here (but I can't remember who....sorry!)...at 62 inches, you are obese at 164 pounds and at 169 pounds for 63 inches. Hope that helps.

Back later for more personals! Have a great day everyone!

Cris
Old 06-07-2007, 07:42 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Just checking in quickly to let you know that all this week I have stayed OP with no problem at all WI tomorrow, so if I don't get chance to post again today then I'll be back tomorrow to let you know how I did.

Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Closed Thread