Old 05-30-2007, 05:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/330/230

Height: 5'2"

Red face New! This is my story. :P Or well, introduction that is way too long. lol

So I've been wandering around here for a while, but finally decided to join and get enough courage to post my weight for alot of people to read! lol.

I weigh about 330lbs which is the most I've ever weighed my whole life. I'm only 19 years old, and have always struggled with my weight. Well I decided to try again with weightloss and visited my doctor about it. He decided to put me on Phentermine(which I've read on but this is actually the first time I've heard of it) for a few months.

Well I was actually afraid of taking it for a while, but then decided if my doctor wants me to do it, then I will. Today was my first day to take it, and I've decided it wont be so bad :P. It's an appitite suppressant for those of you who may not know.

So I have a mini goal of just 300lbs just because I want to get closer to getting out of the 300s lol. I would be soo greatful just to get to 230(which seems like alot to some people, but I haven't seen those numbers on a scale in a long time!). If I do get to that point, I will be setting a new goal.

I'm diabetic so I decided to stay with a lower carb diet. I went to a dietition a couple years back and she told me that's best for diabetics. I actually did low carbs before and lost about 20lbs.

I've got a couple of exercise dvd's which is enough for me as I'm so overweight that it's hard to just keep up with the beginner dvds. Don't get me wrong, I'm not lazy, I do alot! It's just harder, and more embarrassing, as most of you probably know.

So yeah, thats my plan! I don't know if I was supposed to post this here or not, but I thought I'd just bore you with it anyway. :P Okay, I'm new...

Oh and btw my name is Kristin :P
krissytjnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:36 AM   #2  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Kristen,

It is lovely to see you here. I hope you receive the support and encouragement you need to continue on your journey. I wish I had found this site earlier in my own journey, but I am still very glad that at least I DID find it. The people here are simply wonderful. I can't praise them enough.

It sounds as though you have very realistic views of your weight loss. Smaller goals to start with are definitely the way to go. Setting your overall goal initially at 230 is a great idea. As you said, once you get there you may want to reasses things, but for the moment that is something to aim for that isn't too unrealistic. I originally had NO idea what weight I wanted to reach, as I only started this for my health, not to reach a certain weight. I finally settled on a goal of 150, but my body doesn't seem to agree with that, so I am just letting it settle here and we'll see what happens next. You may find that your body settles at some stage too and that may be the weight you decide to stay at.

I look forward to hearing from you more and getting to know you.

Take care,

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:54 AM   #3  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hi Kristen
Join us over in the 300+ numbered threads. Thats where all the action is
You have come to the right place. Everyone here is amazing and so supportive!

Looking forward to getting to know you!
going to lose 200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:19 AM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Kristin – Welcome to 3FC!! It sounds like you are on a great track – getting help from your doctor and having a good plan. I totally know what you mean about feeling embarrassed over exercise. The thing is that the only way to get better at it is to do it. Start with the dvd’s you have, and do as much as you can – even if it is only 5 minutes. Then the next day you can try and do a bit more. It is all about building up your endurance. It doesn’t matter where you start.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:50 AM   #5  
Charlene

Welcome Kristen. I have just come back myself. Ready to go again.
Shiffysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Kristen -- WELCOME!!!! You don't have to explain all of that to us -- how difficult it is to exercise, and how getting to 230 would be amazing... we get it. We really do!!! You've found a place of people who understand the challenges!

Please do feel free to join us on the numbered threads -- we chat a lot over there!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:51 PM   #7  

Welcome! It sounds like you are well on your way - you have a great goal to shoot for!
luja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 365/365/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello Kristen!

Hey Kristen!
My name is Sean, I live in Winnemucca, Nevada (AKA: Where in the heck is that, NV). I have struggled with my weight since I was a senior in high school, and it's been a major battle for me since I was 25. On my 25th birthday, I had a life altering experience that turned me to food for comfort. It wasn't human, and it didn't judge me...so, I felt compelled to eat it! From that moment on, whenever I was stressed or depressed, which was 24/7/365, I ate. And ate. And ate. I went from being able to wear a bikini, to not even wanting to show my face during the day at a pool.
My whole family was large, and I have lost them all except for a few distant relatives. My mother was the most recent. About 8 years before she was diagnosed with cancer, she had been diagnosed with diabetes. But since the doctor said it could be controlled with diet instead of writing a prescription, mom thought that she really didn't have diabetes. Whole 1/2 gallon tubs of ice cream, whole large ham & extra cheese pizzas, a dozen doughnuts would disappear in one sitting (not all at once, but you get the drift), along with 24 cans of regular Pepsi a day. I guess she figured she quit smoking cold turkey, so it was okay to eat whatever she wanted. In the last year of her life, she was hospitalized once for congestive heart failure (during that hospital stay, they put her on three different kinds of medication for diabetes-finally), and three times for cancer-related issues. The doctors told me that I would have at least a year with her, but alas, it turned out to be less than three months. Right after she had her bout with congestive heart failure, I decided to try the South Beach Diet. I lost 8 lbs. the first two days, and 13 lbs. the first two weeks. I was STOKED!!! In less than three months, I had lost 42 lbs!!! Then came the cancer news. I tried and tried to keep to my diet, but it was a losing battle for me. The more stressed and depressed I became, the more I ate. Pretty soon, I gained it all back, then lost my mom. 8 months later, I lost my step-dad to a massive heart attack, and any thoughts of a diet just kinda disappeared.
Now back to the present...
Just a couple of days ago, my DH & I went to his parent's house and we had a picnic. While talking to his mom, the metal chair (I won't sit in a plastic chair because 1. I've had one bust on me whilst sitting in it & 2. Can't squeeze my fat butt between the handles...majorly uncomfortable!!) collapsed. I WAS MORTIFIED!! I've never been so embarrassed in all my life. I had gotten complacent with my weight...not going on rides at an amusement park. Asking for a table instead of a booth at restaurants. Making sure the chairs I sit in don't have handles. Not going to theaters without the seats that have the raiseable arms. Having to buy my clothes from Roamans or Lane Bryant.
Well, NO MORE. I'm tired of being FAT. I'm tired of not enjoying life with my DH. No more not having the stamina to keep up with our 16 year old daughter. I am back on the Beach with a vengeance! So I'm right here with ya, Kristen!
I laughingly told my DH last night that I needed to lose two people off of my body. It's really not that funny. But humor is what gets me through the day, so I'm sticking to it.
Keep in touch with me and let me know how you are progressing!
And Zelma...WHOOFTIE! what a beauty you are! You are my poster child! You have given me proof that I can do this. Thank you so very much!!
Sean
Ravenmyst33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:58 AM   #9  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Sean - Welcome to 3FC! It sounds like you have been through an awful lot. I totally understand turning to food for comfort. I lost my mother to cancer when I was 15 and had no coping skills to deal with it. That highly contributed to my weight gain over the years.

I have had a chair collapse too, and it is indeed totally mortifying! For me the worst was toilet seats. I went through a period of time where I broke several toilet seats. Completely humiliating.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:32 AM   #10  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Crissy and Sean! I only joined 2 months ago and so far 3FC has kept me really motivated. I too have a lot to lose. I started over 300 lbs. The scale doesn't move much every week, but it does keep going down. I just keep telling myself to keep walking on my treadmill and keep eating less than 1400 calories and it will pay off. I can tell you I have drastically shrunk my stomach. Last night I went out to eat and Order a 6oz sirloin and a small sweet potato plain, and I couldn't finish it. Before I started tracking my food and focusing on losing weight I could have eaten a 12 oz sirloin and not batted an eye. You can do it!
Holdensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:57 AM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Kristen and Sean!

This place is *the best*. I joined 3FC in February and started my journey to good health on Feb 12, 2007. The posts keep me going when I need a kick in the pants.

Oh Sean! I have had a chair break too. Yikes! I also had a denim skirt split right up the back while I was at work and that was the last straw for me. I was mortified. Wish I had kept the darn thing! Bet it is looser now!

Post over on the 300+ thread. We have a new one each week and most everyone posts in there.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Sean! This place is great, because you'll always find someone who experienced something similar, or so it seems. I'm sorry for your losses recently. Please do join us on the 300+ weekly thread.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Welcome to Sean & Kristen!!!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote