Old 04-30-2007, 10:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 484/380/200

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Turning 30 this year...never been thin in my life!

Hi guys!! I am brand new to this "thing" (meaning blogging)...my co-worker told me about this website and I just can't believe it!!!! It's almost like I have found heaven - meaning that there are people out there like me!
I don't have a picture yet to upload - I am working on that and should hopefully have my "before" pic up shortly. As you will see from my weight tracker I have lost 100lbs already. However I am having trouble giving myself credit for that...I have never "owned the #" before - it disgusted me (and...truth be told - it still does). So when people see the before pic and how I am now they are shocked. But I still feel like I was in the before pic.
*SIGH* I need a major change of attitude/the way I see myself. I have never ever been thin in my life. I was always the biggest person wherever I was (school, family functions, public outings, etc) and so, bizarrely enough I find I am struggling with losing weight now. I've been told that I am stepping out of my comfort zone - how awful is that??? Feeling comfortable with weighing almost 400lbs! I have a god-daughter that means the world to me and I want to be there for her when she grows up (she is 2.5 years old right now). I guess I am looking for the support from people who have been where I am, and maybe are there right now. I am looking forward to chatting with everyone and hopefully sharing my success with all of you!

I look forward to hearing from y'all!
Rideabuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Welcome Rideabuckle,

I am Dogpal but I prefer, Annie which is my real name. You will see that most everyone here has walked in your shoes Some not as heavy and some like myself even heavier! We are all here to support and encourage each other. I would like to invite you to join our chat. You can jump right in and say anything you want to or, if you just want to read you can do that too. I encourage you to jump in and say hello so we can all get to know you. There are a few different threads in here and you can jump into any of them that you feel most comfortable with. I myself am on the 300+ And REady to try again #'d thread. There are ladies in there from all walks of life and all ages. Then there are other threads too that are geared more specific like Old Hens and the 30 somethings. In the 300 thread we have people of all ages from 18 to ? Some don't tell. tee hee. I have never posted in the other threads so I don't really know how they work. There is also an awesome exercise thread that you can join. You are just in time to join the one for May. Just go in there and put your exercise goal in minutes for the month of May and then stop in daily, weekly or monthly to post your minutes that you have completed. It's fun to try to see how many minutes we can rack up each month as a group!

Regardless of where you post, we are all here for you and would love to get to know you much better.
Hugs and Welcome again.
Blessings,
Annie
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:54 AM   #3  

RIDEABUCKLE

I am so glad you joined. I hope you join us over in the weekly thread. And I wanted to say congrats on losing 100 pounds!
mechell81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi and on losing 100+ already, that's quite an accomplishment. I know what you mean about still feeling like you look the same as before you lost that weight. I find it difficult myself to realise that I am indeed a LOT smaller than I was when I started this diet. Like when I go to sit on the bus next to somebody, or need to squeeze through a small space I automatically think I can't fit, but then I try, and I DO fit, it's a weird yet great feeling. We just have to keep on losing and hopefully the more we lose the more we will see what others see and that is that we are starting to look good

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #5  

Welcome this place is great - really helpful, supportive people! Congratulations on losing 100 pounds - that is a major accomplishment!
luja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:51 AM   #6  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Welcome Rideabuckle to 3fc, like yourself i have never been thin so when i found this forum it was great for the first time i am losing weight and sticking to my new healthy regime.

Congratulation on losing 100lbs already that is a real achievement to be proud of and an inspiration to others just starting the weight loss journey.

purpleorc
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Glad to see you posting ride!

CONGRATULATIONS on already losing 100 lbs!! That is just fabulous! You are already on the right path.

Jump right in...the water is fine. We all can relate to one another here and understand the struggles we go through as 300 lbs + people trying to achieve healthier lives. I have never been thin either....sadly. Who knows I might just get there this time!

Again..welcome aboard!!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 484/380/200

Height: 5'8"

You guys are awesome!!! Thank you so much for the support. I really get a shot of motivation when I come in here and read yer comments. I am so glad I joined this group!!
Today is day #3 for sticking to my eating plan - I haven't been eating at night for the past 2 nites and I feel proud of that!! Now - it is an hourly struggle, let me tell ya! I think that is what is frustrating me the most right now - I wish I didn't have to devote so much of my time/energy to losing weight. I mean, today at work - I literally watched the clock till lunch time. I thought I was going to go bananas!!! Maybe its just becuz I am "getting back on the horse"...I know that after a few days/couple of weeks it will feel easier (not much, but a wee-bit ... I will take whatever I can get!!) so I just gotta get over this hump...
by the way - can anyone tell me how to add the weight loss tracker to my notes??? I thought I added one but I see from my replies that it is not showing up.
Thanx everyone - talk to you soon!
luv,
ride
Rideabuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Weight Trackers: If you would like to add a ticker to your signature, here's how to do it.

Go to User CP in the purple tool bar above.

On the left side choose Edit Signature. At the top of that page is where you follow the directions to make a ticker.

It will walk you through the process. When you're finished making it, the code will appear. There are actually several codes visible, choose the one that says for use on 3FCs. Highlight it and then hit CTRL and the C key.

Then go back to the original Edit Signature page. You can do this by hitting the BACK button several times. Then on that page, scroll down and you'll see a text box. Click your cursor into that box and then hit CTRL and the V key. The code that you copied should now be there.

You can add a name or message in that box too if you want and that will become your "signature". When you're finished you'll need to scroll down just a bit further and hit Save Signature.

Then you should be good to go.

PM me if you have any problems!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote