Old 02-27-2007, 10:27 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 6

Default self control...

Well all I am recommitting to my diet plan tomorrow. I have lost about 13 pounds since I started 2 months ago. Its not as much as I had hoped, but I think I have lost a lot of inches from lifting weights. (I wish I had measured when I started) The last 4 days I have had some self control issues... girl scout cookies, candy and cheetos today... I opened my lunch today at work and it was BORING. Same thing. Lean cuisine, yogurt, fruit. Blah. So I walked over to the hospital gift shop and got cheetos and a reeses. Anyways, I am formally recommitting myself tonight. I know that if I dont stop it now I will spiral out of control. Anyone want to recommit with me?
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:42 PM   #2  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Height: 5'9"

MandiK - I'll commit with you. It's ok to have a slip once in awhile. It happens to all of us. Cheetos and Reeses sounds like the "breakfast of champions" I have often had. I start my diet program next Thursday and I'm determined to remain focused. Hang in there and I'll see you in the threads! By the way, 13 lbs is something to be proud of. Don't forget that!

Lisa
LKBHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/136/120

Height: 5'3

count me in. we deffinatly all have our days. you dont even want to know what i ate on my 'oh-crap' day. so sign me up.
Me----> <---Cravings
Samantha039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:10 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Good for you for re-commiting! You can do this! What has worked for me is to really make sure I have a good variety of foods to eat. We make great dinners and box up the leftovers and put them in the freezer for quick grabs for lunch. I am only on week 3 OP, but I eat 3 meals a day plus snacks and I am not hungry. Previously, I would try to go too long without eating.

Post here...and post often! I read alot here, and find that helps too. This is a great group! Hang in there!!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #5  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Mandi - I am with you. I too need to recommit and get back to really doing what I need to do. I know what to do, but getting myself to do it is the thing. My commitment for March is to log everything I eat, every day, no matter what. My other commitment is to stick to my exercise goal that I posted on the exercise thread.

One question I have for you is whether you are eating enough. I think if all I ate was what you described, I too would be on the hunt for something else. At around 300 pounds you probably want to be eating around 1800 - 2000 calories a day. Going too low will make it much tougher to stay on plan.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote