Old 01-19-2005, 12:56 PM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Congratulations, Lauren! He is absolutely gorgeous, and so is your wonderful family. You look exhausted, but so happy! Thanks so much for sharing them...now go rest! That was a tough birth!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:07 PM   #17  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello All,

Lauren: He's so cute! Is Peter doing OK with him? I bet you are one busy lady now.

DH had hernia surgery yesterday. It was just daysurgery and he's OK, but it's like having two babies! It also snowed yesterday so I got to shovel this morning. It wasn't bad tho. It was nice light snow and it didn't take me long at all. It's supposed to snow again on Saturday. I did make sure the snow blower works and we got it all ready and the salt all ready. It probably won't snow since we are all ready for it.

Rabbit: Good luck to your sister. I hope all goes well (and quickly) for her.

Hello to everyone else.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 02:03 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,
Just thought that I would say a quick hello to every one before starting class tonight. Today is my first day of classes.

Aminty, Haven't seen you in a while are you still out there?

Hello to everyone else?

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 02:58 PM   #19  

Hi All

Yep I'm still here, just had a hectic couple of days. Yesterday was the worst, I got a phone call yesterday morning from one of the smaller hospitals in Sydney. They offered me a undergrad nursing student position. It was a great job - I would start working at the level of my competencies and as my training progressed my responsibilities would increase. It would allow me to get more than the 20 weeks (over 3 years) practical experience than my course allows. It would mean that I would have actually had tangible experience when I register as a nurse in 2 years not to mention an almost guaranteed new grad position. Its a very competitive process to get these jobs there are very few of them and almost wvery nursing student applies. They offered it to me and due to a change in family circumstances since my interview early december I had to turn it down I am so depressed right about now. after I got off the phone I had to take my son to a birthday party. A bad idea considering the way I was feeling. Anyway when the childs mother offered me a piece of chocolate ice creamcake I am embarassed to say I accepted it. I know its only one piece and it won't kill me but I feel like it was a backslide in emotional eating. Anyway moving onwards and upwards(or rather downwards) I guess. Sorry to rave on

Lauren - your little boy is so beautiful. he was definitely worth the wait

Karen - I hope your DH is feeling better today. There's nothing like have a second adult child lol

Rabbit - I hope all goes well with your sister>

Lisa - I hope you have a great first day back I still have another 4 weeks before I go back.

Hi to everyone I missed

have a great day everyone.
Amity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:50 AM   #20  

Well I have had my first day back, it was a doozy! The sylabus (sp?) was 13 pages long. The class is: "The History of Ireland" the prof. started in 100,000 BC and is going to current times. There is going to be alot of work and stress. And this is only one class. I still have three more to go. Fortunatly, the one class doesn't start till the other one ends. Ok, so I'm stressed and we don't have chocolate in the house. (Which is a good thing) I can tell I am going to have to have a strong will in this class, our room is right next to a vending room with all kinds of chips and snicky-snacks that are fattening. Thanks for letting me vent.

Amity, I am sorry for the disappointing time you had in the past couple of days. Maybe something even better will come along!! I am hoping it does.

KarenK, I am feeling for you. I don't have a DH, but I can understand what you are going through. I have an ex-H. When he was sick, you thought he was at the end of his deathbed. (lol)

LBH, take it as easy as possible, if that's possible. That is one thing I do not know about. I've never had kids, taken care of them but never delivered them and quite frankly the idea scares me. You have my admiration. (that goes for anyone thats had children)

Tech, hows the weather where you are at? This weekend we are supposed to get anywhere from 4 - 10 inches of snow and by next Thursday, rain. The weather has been screwy all winter.

Hello to everyone that I missed. I apologize that I didn't mention everyone.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:26 PM   #21  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

The fun never ends...we've got thrush here. Robby's mouth is all covered in white. I thought it was just milk at first, but then it clicked that my boobs are not feeling better, in fact worse, and I can't wipe the white off his tongue with a washcloth. So the Dr. is calling in some Nystantin (sp?) I called my MW and she said to use the stuff on me too. The nurse said that it may take a few bottles of the stuff, like a couple weeks. Not looking forward to that. In the meantime, I've been pumping, because it's just soooo painful to nurse him.

Other than that, we're doing alright. Sleep is hit or miss. Last night was great though, he sleeps a lot in the evening, then I put him down usually around 10:30 when I go to bed, and he lasted until around 1:30. I gave him a bottle and he drank 2 1/2 oz., and was good again until almost 5! I gave DH a bottle and I pumped, and he slept until, geez, I don't even remember what time, I think it was after 8! I'm wondering if it's because in the bottle, I know he's getting all the hind-milk too, not just the fore-milk (because on the boob, he falls asleep quickly)?

I haven't found my scale since we moved, so I don't know how much weight I've lost since the birth. It's driving me crazy, but maybe that's a good thing. This way by the time I am ready to get serious again, I won't be obsessed with weighing everyday! Since I only gained a total of 9 lbs., I'm not sure that I'll have that much of a loss anyway. My tummy looks soo flat though, it's great! OK, flabby, but flat!

Lisa, what are you going to school for that you have to learn the history of Ireland?!

Amity, I'm sorry about the nursing position. Any chance of another one coming up that better suits your situation? I wouldn't sweat one piece of b-day cake! It could've been worse you know, you could've snarfed down half the cake!!

Karen, Ugh, hope DH is OK and healing fast! Having two babies around is hard! Peter's been pretty good with Robby. He gets very concerned about him when he cries and comes running to tell me (if I'm not sitting right there). Always wants to help with a bottle too. He's in his face a little to much though and I have to watch him like a hawk. He's not mean, but just too anxious to play with him. DH and I have been stressing to Peter how he's a big boy and Robby's just a baby and can't do all these things yet, but when he gets bigger, Peter will be able to show/teach him. He is having a few little hissy fits though...lashing out indirectly I think. Like bedtime is a big production as well as bath/shower time...getting out, not getting in!

Jackie, OK, amuse me, how cold is it there?! It's 19° here today! Good for you keeping up the water though...it really makes a difference!

to anyone I missed! Have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:08 PM   #22  

Hi all,

I'm feeling much better today actually. A bit of perspective there is no way I could have travelled the extra hour there and back twice a week on top of uni and the kids. My DH has started a new job that is 60 minutes away so he is commuting as it is so what with the extra hours that he isn't at home, a uni timetable that isn't exactly conducive to casual work and 4 kids (one starting big school in 10 days (be ready for tears that day lol) it just wasn't a feasible situation. However if they offer this job at my local hospital I will jump at it lol. I had a pretty good diet day yesterday lol. It was funny actually I was so aware of how emotional i was, I was extra careful about what I put in my mouth and made sure I did lots of exercise Got to be happy with that

Lauren - Ouch i remember thrush, it really hurts it was why I ended up bottle feeding my daughter. It was just so painful I couldn't even use a breast pump and I ended up giving up. I really admire you for sticking with it. It does take a little bit to heal but it will start to feel better in a few days. Its so great that he's a good sleeper too. Peter must be so cute with him. oops I'm supposed to be past the clucky stage lol

Lisa - your a braver woman than I to tackle the history of Ireland. Hopefully your other classes won't be as stressful for you. Or at least that the workload won't be as high.

Karen - Hows your hubby going today?

hi to everyone else I missed

have a great day everyone.
Amity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:53 PM   #23  

Lauren: You are just to funny!!!! Your right, it was not that cold here. I forget sometimes that their are other people having colder weather than me. So thanks for reminding me, and I'm glad I could amuse you! I plan on getting my butt, in gear and get out there over the weekend and get back at it. Sorry about the thrush, hope you start feeling better soon. I bet the boys are so cute together.

Amity: Great job on all the exercise!

Karen: Hope DH is recovering okay.

RR: How are things with you?

Okay my brain is a little fried right now. I had to be the switchboard operator/receptionist for the past 2 days, and I am so exhausted from talking to people etc.

DS bicycle broke so I am off to Wal-Mart to pick him up a cheap bike so he can ride while I walk. He is doing so awesome at exercising and actually is doing better with watching what he eats, than me. He is at that age when he is so conscience about his weight. I am glad that he is doing it on his own. He is growing up so much and looking so much older. I will really miss these days when he gets a little older and not around as much.

Hello to everyone else. Hope you all have a good weekend!

Last edited by JackBlack; 01-21-2005 at 07:08 PM.
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:28 PM   #24  
No description available.

Hi guys!
Lisa, I laughed out loud cause when I read your post about the Ireland class, at first I thought you meant your professor had been teaching since 100,000 and that you meant he was very very old and dry ( a la Professor Binns from Harry Potter!). I love history and think that sounds like an awesome class! Have a great time with it!

Amity-I remember going through nursing school with kids...Trust me that it will all work out and it is never a bad choice to spend more time with your family.

Lauren-Hang in there with the thrush. It can be very evil. Ask about gentian violet if the nystatin is not working and check out breastfeedingonline.com for some great advice on making it through.

Hi Karen and Rabbit! Sorry I dropped the ball on journaling. There are days in my week that I just can't make it to the computer. The good news is that I weighed in at 177.5 this morning! Yeah!!

JackBlack, so funny about the temp, but I agree. I am used to warm weather and think that anything below about 70 is way to cold for life.

Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 01:17 PM   #25  

Midwife, thanks for the encouragement. I sure could use it. I know you and JackBlack are used to warm weather so I am only going to say that the temps have been balmy, in the teens, and class was cancelled because it had been snowing since 2am and we were getting an inch an hour. It is now 1pm and still snowing.

Beware eastcoasters it is coming your way.

Aminty, Congratulations on losing another pound. (Also you to midwife) I haven't weighed myself to day and sat's are the day I want to do it, however I have eaten so I will weigh myself tommorrow morning, before eating.

Hello to all that I have missed.