Old 09-26-2004, 11:20 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of Sept. 26th**

Wow, I can't believe it's almost October!! Where is the time going?! Hope everyone's having a great weekend, it's gorgeous here. The leaves are starting to change too!! I just love the Fall in NJ...one of the few things I do like about NJ!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:23 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

We went out to the flea market today. Didn't get anything special. Just walked and walked. Then we came home and worked in the yard for 3 hours. I'm exhausted. I think I'll be going to bed shortly.

Lauren: Yep, fall in NJ is nice. I would never tell DH, but I really don't like it here. It's so crowded and trashy. I'm probably just reacting to the flea market today. There was SO MUCH garbage it just grossed me out. Can't somebody who works there pick it up at the end of the day? Can't the morons who go there put there trash in the trash can? Ugh. I was very skeeved as we were leaving. Made me think of the commercial with the Indian on the horse crying about litter.

Oh well. I hope everyone has had a super great weekend!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 07:54 AM   #3  
LBH

Hi All,

Karen, I hear ya', I've lived here all my life and would do just about anything to move! I would love to move to VA, the people are nicer, it's still beautiful...even more so, probably, and you still get the change of seasons...just a little milder. I hate going to flea markets and stuff like that where they just don't clean up.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:57 PM   #4  
No description available.

I would love to go to New Jersey! I have been reading lots of Stephanie Plum novels....they are such a riot! And to be so close to so many other interesting places must be neat. It takes us quite a drive to hit another state.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 04:37 PM   #5  

hello all!

I'm home! It's good to be back although I enjoyed my long weekend at my sister's. We had a garage sale and got rid of lots of stuff. Also, ds was there interviewing for summer jobs. Great to get a chance to see him - last year I didn't see him until Thanksgiving. So I'm a lucky duck.

This Thursday is my birthday. I have scheduled a facial for myself.

I had weigh in today and lost 1.5 lb. I was actually down 2.5 on my scales but I ate breakfast before I left (and drank lots of water with my vitamins). My weigh in is at 8:30 and I was playing tennis right afterwards so I have to eat or I'd starve! I'll be doing that every week now though so it shouldn't make any difference.

drummergirl - Happy Belated Birthday!

Lauren - I should be home now for awhile! (it seems that every time I say that though something else pops up!) ~ That's super of your mom to do that and should help you guys to put some money back. ~ I love the fall also; the weather is so great, the crisp feel in the air, the fall clothes, the football games. I know I would miss it if I lived somewhere without the seasons.

Rr - happy for you that things seem to have calmed down there, atleast for the moment! With 3 kids, things don't stay calm for long.

hello to everyone else.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 08:44 PM   #6  
LBH

VENT...

My F-ing piece of Sh*t!!!! (That would be my car, the lemon...) Just got home from picking it up at the dealership. They were reinstalling the stereo that was out all last week for repair. The CD player was not working. I couldn't get it to keep a CD in, it would keep spitting it out. So I pop a CD in and it's fine. At the end of the song, it starts skipping. I think, well, the CD probably has some scratches on it. I pop in another CD, it takes it, but it doesn't play!! Finally I get another CD to play, and about 2 songs into it, the tape player clicks on...there's no tape in it! The little arrow like when you're FF is blinking and it's clicking like there's a tape in! ARGH!!! I pushed the CD/TAPE button and the CD came back on and finally I just put the radio back on. It did the same thing with the radio...the tape would click on! Un-freaking-believable!! They're gonna get an earful tomorrow AM!! (Don't get me wrong, I love the dealership, they're the most honest guys I've ever dealt with, but GM is insane!!)
Old 09-27-2004, 09:46 PM   #7  

Hello all,

I am getting so spoiled with my little angel boy. We had to sit at the car dealership for three hours today and he was *SO* good. He sat in his stroller and snacked and played for most of the time. I did let him out for about 1/2 hour and let him run. Then when we got home he took a TWO hour nap. Then we played outside for an hour. We had to stop over at one of DH's computer clients tonight and he (Alex) was once again, as good as gold. Of course, he did spit chewed up goldfish everywhere but if that's the worst thing he does I am indeed fortunate. And tonight he just went into his crib with no problem, played for awhile and then went to sleep. Oh, and he slept until 8:30 this AM (until almost 7 in HIS bed!!). I almost don't recognize this child. It took 16 months but he's finally fun AND I'm not sleep deprived!

Sorry to go on and on but the stress levels are way down so maybe my new bid at loosing weight will be a bit easier.

Lauren: I think you need to shoot that car and put it out of your misery!! How long before you can get rid of it? Are you going to get a minivan since you are going to have two little ones? I think that will be my next car if I get PG again and maybe even if I don't. I've been having second thoughts about another one. Things are so easy right now. He sleeps. He walks. He's interactive. He's trying to communicate with words. Ugh. And we've been trying like crazy this month. Am I just getting cold feet? I dunno.

Rabbit: Hi!! Glad you are back. Yohoo on the loss!! You are doing great.

Midwife: Where are you? NJ is great for being close to stuff: mountains for skiing/hiking, beach for summer, lots of cultural events, etc. Then there's the city. I'm a little nervous about being in the city to be honest. I haven't been in about 7 or 8 months. There are a lot of things I want to go do, like the museums.

Hello to everone else!!

Jack: I hope you survived the latest storm OK. Drop in when you can.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:01 AM   #8  

Lauren, I know you told us before but what kind of car do you drive?
Happy early Birthday Rabbit! Enjoy your facial. I really envy those celebs who can get facials/manicures/massages all the time. Must be nice. I could do with a facial as my face is breaking out like i'm 13!
KarenK: Glad your darling child is finally turning..well, darling! My niece is hitting the terrible two's and she's quite a handful. They seem to go through stages.
Well, I don't know about all of you but i'm getting quite nervous about the holidays. I don't know where everyone gets the willpower as I have NONE! I'm good about my meals and portion control but the past couple of years i've been craving sugar at all times. Especially chocolate. Plus I haven't had much energy to work out lately. I actually quit my gym after 3 years because my mindset is just not in the right place so I didn't want to waste the money. I wish hypnosis worked because I would love to get someone to wave a watch in my face and say "You will work out every day. You will put down that piece of chocolate". I really don't want to go to the store and get the next size up...size 18.
drummergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 08:31 AM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

DG, I have a '99 Olds Alero...nice looking car, and it is actually "fun" to drive...when it's running!! This is the car I *had* to have when I was looking for a new car...what a fool I am! I will never buy a first model year car again! I've done it twice now, and got burned both times! The first new car I bought was a '95 Monte Carlo...first model year when they "reissued" it. It was in the shop quite a bit...I couldn't wait til the 2 yr. least was up. I did the brakes 3 times in 2 yrs/50K miles! Then I leased a '97 Cavalier, that was a great car. I was sick of it after 2 yrs, and ended the lease 9 months early to get the Alero. The thing that really annoys me is I did soo much research on the car, pricing, reviews, blah, blah, blah.

Karen, Yes, I want a minivan...really want either the Honda or the Toyota, the two top rated ones. I've been reading and comparing though, and I think you get more for your money with the Honda. They both have some really nice features that I'd like to have, that the other doesn't have, but when it comes down to it, the Honda is a good 6-8K less than the comparable Toyota model! We'll be looking into a used one though anyway, maybe a 2001-2003.

The lemon is going back to the dealership Thursday night for service Friday. I told them to see if they could just put a new stereo in!
Old 09-28-2004, 12:12 PM   #10  

good morning.

I am excited about getting back to losing weight now that I am home. That is always easier for me. I bought lots of fruits and vegetables at the store and have a healthy menu planned.

Karen - glad you are enjoying this age and stage.

Lauren - bummer about the lemon.

drummer - I just got rid of all clothes that are too big on me so I absolutely cannot go back up over the holidays!

Rabbit
Old 09-29-2004, 06:43 AM   #11  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!
Lauren-that is what sold me on the Odessey..It was 9K cheaper with just as much stuff as the other...I have no regrets in my choice...I miss it..it is still getting the tailgate fixed.The insurance company was fighting on not replacing the taillight that was cracked saying it wasnt cracked in the initial pics..Hello!!!That is where the wreck was..I just told them to replace it and I would pay cash...Then yesterday, the insurance company blew up the pics and saw the crack and will pay...just fix it cuz I am hating this Dakota truck!!!!

Karen--I am happy with just the one..I think we can spend more time together and she is soooo much fun now...I couldnt see bringing a baby into this house again...I dont know if I could mentally/physically go for 15 months of no sleep with 4 kids depending onme!!!

Hello to all!!!
DG--Chew lots of gum over the holidays and never spit it out!! Cake is nasty mixed with gum!!!

Rabbit--So glad U R back!!! U R a traveling one!!!
Gotta get dressed now!!!
I am taking the 2 little ones on Monday to get the flu shot..I think I will take it after that 106 fever I had for 3 days last year..That was miserable..Well, my 10 hour shifts have ended...I amfurious..I am doing 9-10 hrs daily for 5 days...Last night, I got off at 6pm and met DH at the soccer field to get K from him...WOrk is way too busy!!!I guess it is time to look!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:31 AM   #12  
LBH

Hi All,

RR, wow, I don't think I could work 10 hr. shifts, then come home and care for DH & Peter, nevermind 3 kids and DH!! I have to agree with you and Karen, this age is soo much fun! Peter makes the funniest faces, and he's always trying to sing along to our songs. He is talking up a storm this past week! It's like all of a sudden! Hope you get your van back soon!

Rabbit, good for you getting on track and getting the house stocked with good stuff!

Karen, I wish I could just put it out of it's misery!! As soon as everything is finally fixed and I can get it detailed, the For Sale sign is going in the window! If I can't sell it within a couple months, I will probably look to trade it in for a used minivan. Have you been temping at all? I know you promised DH you wouldn't obsess, but maybe a month or two of temping will help you target O date?

Jen, you're more then welcome to come visit us in NJ anytime! Where are you?
Old 09-29-2004, 06:52 PM   #13  

hello.

gosh I had a crazy day. Computer problems are no fun.

On the other hand, tennis was great today.

RR - good idea about the gum!

gotta run - take care all! Rabbit
Old 09-30-2004, 03:00 PM   #14  

Hi Guys,

RR: I can't imagine four kids. I have been enjoying my all new boy. Sleeping without me. Being a little rambunctious but not overly so. Not needing to be in the same space as me at all times.

Lauren: I'm getting pretty depressed over the whole thing. AF reared her ugly head today and it's hit me especially hard. It's bad enough to start, but it's two days early. I had such high hopes this month. I know it's only been four months but still. I was using the pee sticks to predict O and I thought I'd hit it right but I guess not. Maybe I just need to take a break and focus on weight loss for awhile. It's just on my mind ALL the time. Like when I first found out I was PG with Alex.

I am all set to start with my own WW program tomorrow. I made a HUGE pot of veggie soup (I think it's an 8 qt stock pot and it was full). I've got fruits and veggies in the house. And Healthy Choice fudge pops for the sweet tooth. I'm so happy that my MOMS group has decided to try this workout/weigh-in group.

Hello to everyone.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:06 PM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

Karen, that's cool that you made a huge pot of soup. I should do that...we just always forget about it and end up tossing it! I should just make it and freeze it in portions.
I've always heard that the O sticks are not super reliable. Take a break if you really want to, but I suggest actually charting for a cycle or two, to get a better idea. What are your cycles like normally, "normal", irregular?

Rabbit, Ugh, I hate computer issues! Hope they're all cleared up!

Hope everyone's having a great day!