Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 09:18 PM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Week of 11/2

Hi All,

Just wanted to come and start the new week's thread! Hope everyone's having a great weekend.

Old 11-03-2003, 10:31 AM   #2  
Donna

hello,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Things haven't been going real well on the diet front. I really need to get moving, but just can't seem to find the motivation. Anyway hopefully I can get back on track, and more can join in here. Including me

LBH - hope you're interview goes well today (it was today right)

Have a great week everyone.

-Tech
Old 11-03-2003, 11:42 AM   #3  
LBH

Hi Tech!! Good to see you! Interview was Friday, just waiting to hear some good news now!
Old 11-03-2003, 12:05 PM   #4  

hi all. Just wanted to pop in. Got a little off track for a couple of weeks, but have turned it around.

Lauren - hope you hear some good news.

Rabbit
Old 11-03-2003, 08:46 PM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Good to see everyone here this week. I've been trying to do better. SF dessert is helping. Smaller portions and trying to get DH to do the same. Almost all the Halloween candy is gone so hopefully I'll do a little better!!

Lauren: Hope you hear soon. Waiting is heck!!

Tech and Rabbit: Good luck on getting back on target. You can do it!!

Have a great day.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:04 AM   #6  

Hi everyone,
I thought I'd check in and tell you about my latest. Things are going great here. A co-worker and his wife started the South Beach Diet about four weeks ago and are both having tremendous results. Soooooo...I bought the book and DH and I started it on 10/25 and wow!!! I really hate "fad" diets but I dropped five pounds in one week just from eliminating the sugars and starches from my diet. And I've been trying to eat right and exercise all year and haven't lost a single pound! It's not the Atkin's -- it's more about eating the right fats and right carbs and eliminating foods that are high in sugars. All I can say is so far I've had tremendous results -- not only the weight loss but a major decrease in my appetite and I have a bunch more energy in the evenings. If anyone out there is looking at shocking your system and trying something new I highly recommend it.

LBH - I hope you hear something soon.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:15 AM   #7  

Liz - interesting. Keep us posted.

Rabbit
Old 11-04-2003, 11:10 AM   #8  
LBH

I GOT IT!!!!

I start Monday. I'm happy about that. They really wanted me to start tomorrow, but I had to clear it with daycare anyway, and they said Monday would be best. I'm soo excited!!!

Liz, the endo my mom works for actually recommended the SBD to her! I think the name sounds like a fad diet, but it's really not. I glanced over some info on the SBD thread on this site and it's certainly not something I'd be interested in doing...to much to figure out! I'm very happy for you that you've found something that is working for you and DH...and excellent that DH is doing it with you!!
Old 11-05-2003, 11:52 AM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

My recuriter has been really good to me over the past few years, and I'd like to get my her a small thank you gift. Any ideas what might be appropriate?

I have to go meet with her Friday afternoon, to go over some things.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:29 PM   #10  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
That's wonderful and I'm sure a big relief. Do you have a Yankee Candle store in your area? The have all kinds of beautiful yummy smelling things to choose from. That might be something nice for your recruiter. A woman can never have enough candles.

I'm actually finding the SBD is easier than WW for me. There's no trying to figure out the points and keeping constant track of everything. It's basically stay away from breads, pasta, rice, potatoes, and sweets the first two weeks. After that you can start incorporating small amounts of whole wheat products, fruits and sweet potatoes back into your diet and just watch your weight to make sure you haven't gone overboard. Restaurants in my area are really starting to cater to low-carb dieters so I'm even finding it easy to eat out. I know...everybody has to find what works for them.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:30 PM   #11  

Lauren - CONGRATULATIONS! Small gifts - I immediately thought of food items, cookies, candies, or flowers, gift certificate, candle.

Rabbit
Old 11-08-2003, 08:55 AM   #12  
LBH

Hi Guys, Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up getting her a really delicious smelling candle from WalMart. It's Apple Crisp and was in a nice ceramic jar, like a cookie jar, with a checkered bow on it. She loved it!! I was soo relieved!
Closed Thread