Old 03-13-2016, 10:07 PM   #1  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Default 30-Somethings Weekly Chat, Mar. 13-19

Hi chicks:

Saturday was nice, I let myself have a day to just relax, although I did do some errands. I had planned to try to get some stuff done on Sunday, but then didn't feel well, so that didn't happen. I think this week is going to be stressful; we'll see.

lionessavc - Plateaus happen. Sometimes I seem to hang on to weight forever, and then I get a big drop at once. Hang in there.

TrixieCatLAX - Congrats on your progress! It's great that you're seeing the results of your work in different parts of your life.

As to your question, no, I don't feel like I've turned any corners lately. I generally feel like I'm hanging from a clifftop by my fingertips. Looking forward to being where you are now though. I just need to keep plugging.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:28 AM   #2  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

This was a weekend of epic PMS - treats on Thursday night, Friday night dinner where I tried to be fun and didn't feel I succeeded (though it was still lovely!)
Saturday i ran morning errands and went back to bed at 3pm. Until I fell asleep around 9pm. Read a book, youtubed, felt mopey and cried a lot. Ridiculous. Sunday was a nice baby shower with friends
Calorie-wise I don't think it was that bad of a weekend but I'm definitely up 4 lbs this morning - which I've seen before so I'm not going to get hung up. We'll see how I fare at the end of the month. Keep plugging indeed!!

Colleague suggested a boyfriend, "Dr. Love" would help me with my sleeping issues. That is by far the bests suggestion I've ever had - gave me a great Monday morning laugh!

Lioness, keep at it! I know what you mean about the impossibility of tracking food you didn't make yourself

TrixieCat: Hello there! I guess at the 5 -week-mark, you've passed that 30-day-to-create-a-habit phase Congrats! You're in "lifestyle" mode.

Theox: I hope the week turns out to be more stress free. I feel torn about how to spend my time these days.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 309/264.6/150

Height: 5'6

Hi Ladies!!

Theox - I hope you are feeling better today. A plateau huh, I honestly did not even think that's what it was. You are so right though. The weight did drop and I saw a new low this weekend!

Souvenir - Sounds like a rollercoaster of emotions. I had that last week and it SUCKED but it actually made me more productive in my workouts. I'm up 2.5 lbs this morning too

TrixieCat - Welcome to our weekly chat!

So this weekend was a good weekend. Had a family get together on Saturday and worked out hard to allot more calories, ate within my calories, only took one shot (this was a big deal because I really like to drink but I'm changing not only because of my journey to the fit me, but because it's not cool to be THAT girl, ya know LOL). I did not drink anything else but water and I had ALOT of it. Sunday was a new low of 286.4. Then hubby wanted Chinese, so we went, it was delicious and I really enjoyed it. Plus in Dallas, TX it was a beautiful day so we loved getting out and going for the ride. Now, I know what sodium does to me, I MIGHT as well have drank on Saturday because I was going to retain some water. I drank a whole bunch of water to try to combat it though and today I was 289. Could have been worse, I could have saw 290s again YIKES! Sodium doesn't make me retain as much as alcohol though so I'm doing my best to forget that the scale was up today and keep plugging away. My mind plays tricks on me still, always a struggle so I have to take it day by day. I KNOW that I was within my calories though so I know this is water retention caused by sodium. Here's to a great week everyone!!!

Last edited by lionessavc; 03-14-2016 at 11:08 AM.
lionessavc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Speaking of plateaus, I am stuck in one for the last 2 mos. Today after boxing with my trainers, I went for a run with the dog and hopefully the increase in activity will help. Problem is that I have been ravenous lately and so that is likely why Im having trouble.
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:09 AM   #5  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

kiwi1222: I feel you. I often think about the work exercise balance. Ultimately, I don't think exercise is necessary for weightloss. I laugh at and enjoy Mark Sisson's "Lose weight to look good in clothes, get fit to look good naked" idea. Especially with high intensity training, I get really hungry after burning off all that energy In one sense I do need to eat more, but in another, it's hard not to overeat when I am HUNGRY. Ultimately, I'd rather be "fit" but I'd love to slim down AND eat it all too.

How's the boxing? I'm really curious about that!

Last edited by souvenirdarling; 03-15-2016 at 08:10 AM.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #6  
SummerRuth2013-MFP

S/C/G: 275.5/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'5

I set my goal for this month at 8 lbs and I am 1 lb away from that goal. I haven't weighed 253 since sometime in 2014 (going by my medical records). I can't believe that I am this close to hitting that goal. My lowest weight recorded with my doctor was 246.13 in September 2013 after our son was born.
Mama_Angel_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_angel_2006 View Post
i set my goal for this month at 8 lbs and i am 1 lb away from that goal. I haven't weighed 253 since sometime in 2014 (going by my medical records). I can't believe that i am this close to hitting that goal. My lowest weight recorded with my doctor was 246.13 in september 2013 after our son was born.
congrats
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 309/264.6/150

Height: 5'6

Wow mamaangel...soo close!! You got this.

Kiwi - I hear you about being ravenous. I'm still struggling with portions. I've been good on that sense but I do LOVE my cookin' and I find I have to get up from dinner table, clean my plate and sit down in living room quickly to keep me from continuing to eat. It's worse when I'm sleep deprived, which I usually am during the week.

Souvenir - I think I have heard that saying before. It is kinda funny if you think about it. Me being so heavy, and if I work out and don't feed the calories I've burned, I will feel sluggish the next day. I noticed this last month but it is so hard to feel like you have "earned" to eat this or that and I especially have to be mindful of how much I'm eating because I will wipe out the work out calories quickly if I don't.

My water retention is finally gone ya'll!! YAY! It actually took the same amount of days of alcohol. BOO!! It's actually good for me to see this because I am learning how my body processes alcohol dehydration and sodium retention. Saw a new low today..284.2. I couldn't believe it!! I missed a workout Monday and yesterday but I did stay close to my allotted calorie range these days. Boy, that 284 was a great surprise this morning. I learned to "trust the process" because eventually you WILL get a positive result. In the past that "gain" after the Chinese would have had me saying F' IT! I'm going to eat what I want and HOW much of it I want. That is dangerous for me, and I'm working on it everyday. Some days are harder than others, this week I've noticed that I'm hungrier than usual. I'm reeaallly hoping it's cause Aunt Flo arrived yesterday. Can I just say this discipline is a TOUGH MUTHA?! Also, I hate that weight loss is not linear!!! Ok I've ranted enough, LOL. Have a great weekend everyone and will check in on Monday.
lionessavc is offline   Reply With Quote