Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 06:54 PM   #16  
Hollywood Homebody

Default i'm baaaaaack

hi all,

haven't posted in a while. i got really busy with work and moving and now things are calming down a bit.

i'm still on track, losing slowly but surely. i'm down to about a 0.5lb/wk loss from more like 1-2lb back in the beginning. so that's a little frustrating but as long as the scale keeps going down, i don't really care how slowly i've found a great fun way to exercise! i bought a playstation 2 and i've been playing dance dance revolution about 4-5 times a week. it's really fun and before i know it an hour or more has passed.

i've signed up for the memorial day challenge as well. i'll try to catch up on some older posts to see what everyone's been up to. just saying hi for now!
Old 03-20-2003, 07:27 AM   #17  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

LA- Welcome Back!! Good to see you! How's the new place? I can't remember, did you get a house, or apt.? A .5 lb. a week is better than nothing, right? What is Dance Revolution? I don't have play station, so I'm clueless to begin with.

Karen- I almost bought a crock pot cook book in the store the other day. It was one of those little ones at the check out in the grocery store, like Pilsbury or something? Decided not to though, since summer is coming and I probably wouldn't use it as much. Although...I should.

Rabbit- Good luck at WI tonight!! Wow, daffodils already?!

Tech- Congrats on the loss!! So what if it's the same 2 lbs....use it as motivation to get to the next 2 lbs.!! Thanks for starting the challenge thread...we definitely need it!

Have a great day all!
Old 03-20-2003, 11:31 AM   #18  
Hollywood Homebody

i did finally get a house, just not in the city i wanted to live in. so that was a drag. i still miss living in LA. i'm up in the suburbs now. boo. but someday i'll make it back there i'm sure!

dance dance revolution, or DDR, is a game you probably have seen at movie theatre arcades? it's got the dance floor with 4 arrows and you watch the arrows on a screen and step on the corresponding arrow when it comes up on the screen. there's music too so when you put it all together it's like you're dancing.

there is "game" mode where you get points for accuracy and whatnot, but there's also "workout" mode where it keeps track of how many calories you've burned. now i don't trust this mode cuz i've supposedly burned upwards of 400 calories in 30 minutes of play which i'm sure is not correct. but even if it's half that, it's more than i would burn sitting on my butt watching tivo all night!

anyhoo, i forgot to give a hearty congratulations to all the new moms! sounds like everyone is doing well.
Old 03-20-2003, 02:08 PM   #19  

hello. Tomorrow I'm leaving for the weekend, going to my sisters and then going with ds to visit law schools. Will be back here probably Wednesday.

LA - Welcome back! You're doing great.

Lauren - yes, daffodils and they're almost ready to bloom. I have purple crocuses (spelling) blooming right now. It's great to see some color after all the brown.

Rabbit
Old 03-20-2003, 02:58 PM   #20  
LBH

Rabbit- Have fun at sis' and w/DS this weekend! I was happy to hear birds a couple days ago when it was warm here. Just put me in a good mood. Today it's raining and 37.

LA- Ooh, is that the thing that's on that commercial, I think it's for sneakers or something?? The guy is just kind of standing there on this little platform dancing? So you kind of learn how to dance at the same time?! I have no rhythem, I should get that!!
Old 03-20-2003, 05:13 PM   #21  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Ok..went to the club today and worked out..Feel soo much better when I go but it is just motivating to go....
I lost 1/2lb since last week soo that is good...

La--Glad U rejoined us to update!!!That game sounds exciting.I remember seeing it in a game room awhile back..It gets really hard at times..Fun excercise though!!!!

Tech-Yeah on the loss!!!!

Rabbit--Have a great weekend!!!I have to motivate and plant!!! It is 78 degrees here today...

Karen--SUgars sound great!! Keep it up..not much longer to go!!!!

Off to cook supper...Have a geat one everyone!!!
RR
Old 03-20-2003, 07:39 PM   #22  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all,

Nothing much to report today. Just looking forward to going to bed early tonight!! I need to get in as many early nights now as I can!!

I got my new Gameboy Advance SP tonight so I am sitting here waiting for it to charge so I can play with it!!

Have a great evening all!!
Old 03-21-2003, 09:48 AM   #23  

Is it Friday yet????

Hi everyone!! I'm still here. I had to quit the challenge at the gym and I was pretty bummed. After the ski trip I was so worn out I just couldn't stay with it. Then I got sick, blah, blah, blah and I decided to quit worrying about it. So instead I've worked up my own challenge. I have a jar at home and everytime I make it to the gym all five days I'm putting $10 in the jar. That way in about 20 weeks I can go to the spa and get a whole days worth of pampering. Today will be my first $10.

Not much else happening here besides watching the news and praying for our soldiers. Tomorrow I'm taking DH to Universal Studios for their Mardi Gras celebration. I even got us a hotel room for the night so we don't have to worry about the long drive home. It should be a fun weekend.

Lauren, cute pics of the little one!! What a sweetie.

RR, congrats on the loss and making it to the club. I know what you mean about getting motivated. Isn't something supposed to become a "habit" after 6-8 weeks??? I've been going to the gym for over two years and it's still tough for me.

Rabbit, have a nice time with sis. Hurry back!!

Karen, did you make it to bed early? DH had school so my entire evening was planned on going to sleep as soon as I could. I think I was crashed by 8:30 -- taking that Benedryl helped.

LA, welcome back!! Your game sounds great. Is it something you look totally silly doing? Me and DH went to Disneyquest once and they had a virtual reality game. You would put these goggles on and hold this bar which was your sword in the goggles. The story was you were trapped in a comic book strip and had to fight these creatures. It was hysterical to watch everyone swing their bars around. It was an awesome workout though.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 03-21-2003, 10:53 AM   #24  

hello.

I am leaving this afternoon. This sister is the junk food queen, so I'm going to have to be very careful. I'm feeling commited today so that's a good thing.

RR - congrats on your loss. ~ 78 degrees sounds marvelous. I love weather in the 70's.

Liz - I like your challenge to yourself. I have a "lose 5 pounds, get a pedicure challenge" to myself. ~ that sword game sounds fun.

Rabbit
Old 03-21-2003, 01:09 PM   #25  
LBH

Hi All,

OK, this no dairy thing is gonna drive me nuts...and maybe help with the weight loss!! The ped has me off dairy to help with Peter's gas. So DH says, I'll bring pizza home for dinner tonight...no, can't have it...oh. I say, have what you want, I'll just have tunafish. Oops, can't have the mayo...hmm, now what?? I only like it with mayo. I can't live on pasta burgers!!

I thought, OK, I'll just have hot chocolate in the AM, instead of coffee, because I like coffee mate in the HC, but not in the coffee. Check the label...there's nonfat dry milk in the HC!! So I check the label of the Hershey's cocoa powder to see if that recipe is made w/o milk...nope, it's made with milk. Anyone had it with water and coffee mate??

Rabbit- Hang tough this weekend!!

Liz- Now there's motivation, a day at the spa. Have fun at Universal! Thanks!

RR- Congrats on the loss!

Trying to get showered and out of here, it's about 61 out there now!! Have a great day all!
Old 03-21-2003, 06:02 PM   #26  
Donna

Hello All,

Happy first day of spring!!!

I'm pretty proud of myself right now I just finished exercising for the second time this week (my week is Wed-Tues). Our WW leader challenged us to add 1 activity point to our current routine 3 days during the week, so since my routine was no exercise.... It's not a big thing, but I hate to exercise so it is for me I've decided that I think this will work because it's not a big deal and I think I can stick with it, and then when that's easy I'll increase to 2 pts. I even bought a couple of tapes to work out on rainy days when we can't walk the dogs. Today was pretty funny, I was using one of the tapes and the dogs kept jumping on me because they couldn't figure out what I was doing, then they ran over to K to see if he'd get me to stop...I know I have a wierd sense of humor.

LBH - Bummer on the dairy, I don't eat much but I don't think I could give up cheese. Hang in there it'll get better.

RR - Yea on the loss and going to the gym. I can't imagine 78 degrees in March, I'm pretty happy it's consistantly above freezing here!

LA - Welcome back. That game sounds fun! Do you need a mat or was that included? My sister's birthday is in a couple weeks and she has a PS2...

Liz - Welcome back to you too. K and I went to Universal last year for Mardi Gras it was fun. Hope you have a great time. Your challenge to yourself sounds like a great idea I may have to work up something of my own...hmm

Rabbit - Hang tough at your sisters. I can't believe you've got flowers already, our snow just finished melting last weekend. Now I'll have to start watching for mine a planted a bunch of spring bulbs last fall.

Well it's 6:00 so I should probably get moving on dinner. Have a great weekend everyone.

-Tech
Old 03-22-2003, 08:35 AM   #27  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!!
Well..almost a new week to see if I can stay motivated on excercise!!! It is hard to excercise seeing the daycare next door and wanting to go get Kaylee...But, Mommy needs to be excercising or her mood is nasty!!!

I am gonna try to get DH to babysit and just go do an hour on the treadmill!!!!

TEch--Yeah on the excercise!! Once U motivate, it is easier to keep going..I just need to motivate!!!!

Lauren--No dairy??WOW..soo much has some dairy in it..I dont think I could survive without cheese!!!!

Rabbit--Resist the junkfood queen!!! It is like living here with all the chocolate DH has around!!!

Liz--Great idea about the money!!! MG parade at Universal??? We did that live and local 2 weeks ago!!! I think the Universal would be safer and fun!!! Let us know how it goes!!!!
Have a great day all!!
RR
Old 03-22-2003, 09:08 AM   #28  
LBH

Hi All,

We had a nice long walk yesterday! Not sure, but I'm thinking it was at least a mile. I went down to the end of my culdesac (I live at the top) and back to the top, and then down the street to the next street and back. I think my street is about a 1/2 mile down and back, and the other part of the walk was about as long. I was hot and exhausted by the time I got back, but it felt good to know I did it. And Peter had a good time.

I am having my coffee with Coffee Mate in it this AM. Kind of yuk, but I guess I have to get used to it. Will have to buy the liquid coffee mate, because I've been told it's better. I'm guessing I'll probably be eating the lunch food, not the breakfast food, at the brunch today...which stinks, because breakfast is my favorite meal! I love omelets when you get them at buffets, but I'll have to ask if they have milk in them, or if they use butter in the pan. If they can spray the pan, or use oil, and there's no milk in the eggs, then I can handle just getting an omelet without cheese, as much as it will kill me!! I've tried the soy cheese at my IL's and it's horrible, so no go there....I'd rather go without!!

Tech- Good for you getting the exercise in!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 03-22-2003, 12:29 PM   #29  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys!!

Beautiful day here today so we are going shopping!! . I was totally bad for breakfast so I will be scared to look at the sugar level in an hour!! I had two smallish pancakes and hashbrowns!! What a bad girl!! I had eggs and sausage with it but I don't know if it was enough protein to counteract!!

Hope you guys are having a nice day!!
Closed Thread