Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 09:02 PM   #31  
Donna

Happy New Year!!!

OK I know it's a little late... But, I didn't do much of anything but lay around and watch HGTV yesterday. It was fun. Has anyone else seen "Two Week Notice"? I met my girlfreind last Saturday and we went to see it. I thought it was really funny. We rented "Minority Report" to watch NYE and it was pretty good, only it was a "widscreen" DVD and we only have a 25" TV upstairs so some of the stuff was pretty small.

Well, I've made a new year's resolution to do my best to change my habits that let me stay overweight. I'm not sure how well this is going to work. My WW leader challenged me to change one small habit over the next month and I chose to cut back on the wine. I was supposed to start the week before Christmas but I decided to wait since it's been a stressful one. After day one I can say that the benifit to this is I'll get in all my water for the first time in a couple of months. We'll see how this works, I was ready to quit but decided to give it another shot. I think I'm going to go back to not looking at the scale though. Maybe once a month/6 weeks or so.

Sorry to ramble on so.... but K's out shoveling and I don't want to help and there's nothing on TV. (I know whine, whine, whine...)

RR - Kaylee looks cute, you are such a mom... All I can say is better you than me .

LBH - Hope your sinuses are better. We borrowed my parents Bissell to do our living room and it worked great.

BFB - Welcome back. Good luck with Hubby and getting back on track. Have you picked where in America for Holiday?

Liz - Sounds like you had an enjoyable if hectic holiday, only one pound is probably good all things considered.

Karen - good luck getting ready for the baby.

LE - Welcome back! Good luck getting back on track.

Have a great weekend everyone, I'll try not to be such a hit or miss participant.

- Tech
Old 01-03-2003, 06:39 AM   #32  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Yippee, my last day of work!! Woke up to about a 1/2" snow on the ground, hopefully it's not icey, but I think it probably is. DH said it was when he came home last night. I think we have a winter weather advisory on until around noon, then rain or freezing rain again. Not what I want to deal with on my last day of work.

I stopped at rag shop last night on my way home (it's just around the corner from me!) and finally bought fabric to make the quilt I want for Petey's crib. I wanted to do denim, but I wasn't sure I wanted actual denim, maybe just the color. After talking to one of the ladies there, I got a cotton/poly blend that looks like stoned washed denim. Then I got some dalmation fabric to put around the trim. I found some cute button websites once, so I'm gonna look again and see if I can get either firetruck or some other firehouse related red buttons to sew on it. In my mind, it's very cute! In reality, I can barely sew a straight line!! I also don't have a lot of patience when it comes to stuff like that. I wanted to come home and start sewing last night!! What I did do is wash the fabric, so there's a start. The lady also recommended I buy this book by Simplicity about sewing basics, it's wire bound and has lots of illustrations...hopefully it'll be some help! In the meantime, any sewing experts out there that can give me some really basic sewing tips? Guess I should start looking for my owner's manual for my sewing machine too, huh?!

It's AM, so of course I feel like crap. Forgot to stop at the drug store and get my prescription filled, so I can't take my Zpak. Of course they don't open until 9:00, so I'll have to wait and go to the Rite Aid by work and pray they'll fill it instantly. I mean, come on, how hard is it to pop 4 Zithromax into a bottle?!

Tech- Good to see you back! Hopefully everyone makes it back for the New Year! I'm looking forward to some challenges for 2003, but not until maybe March, when I'm healed from giving birth! I would like to go see Two Weeks Notice, I love anything Sandra Bullock does! Maybe I can get a date night in before Petey gets here...otherwise I'll just wait til it hits PPV. There's a new WW center about 2 miles away from me, so that might be motivation to go back there when I'm ready.

LE- Good for you packing lunch! Something I really need to get into the habit of doing. You have set some very realistic goals...I know you'll reach them!

Karen- What do you normally take for allergies? My midwife was saying yesterday that some women are allowed to continue using Claritan while PG. My Dr. had given me an RX for Allegra once, as a preventative for sinus', but it didn't really do anything. I'd rather just deal with the headaches on an as needed basis with Tylenol Allergy Sinus, and get my ZPak when I have my yearly infection! Good for you eating carrot sticks!!

Liz- Nice to see you! I think the goals will definitely be back with the new year. Have fun on your day of pampering!!

BPB- Good luck getting a niece! I was convinced Peter was a girl, until the U/S!! Good thing I didn't buy any little frilly things!! Glad DH is doing better...now if you could just get him to stop whining like a man, right?! Tell him to play with one of his existing PCs!!

DH came home with a new digital camera last night!! We've been wanting one for awhile, but were going to talk to his friend, who's a professional photographer and in the camera business about one first, to find out which is best for us. Well, DH did some research and bought one online at Circuit City yesterday, then picked it up at the store last night after work! It's an Olympus with 3 pixels and 8x something else. He spent more than I would've liked to, but it's done, so I'll just get over it! I can't wait to use it!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 01-03-2003, 12:56 PM   #33  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!!

Lauren--Sorry U R soo miserable....Oh..they dont even put the Z-Pac in a bottle..doesnt it come on a card???? Sometimes, it takes forever to do a RX!!Hope U are better quick..Sorry, Susie Homemaker I am not!!! No sewing tips from me...Now, if U havent gotten a monitor..I suggest the Sony Baby Call Rechargable..I can hear every little grunt, poot, poop, and hiccup anywhere in my house and it is rechargable...The vibrater seat eats enough batteries for everything!! I also have this little fish aquarium light thingee with fish that go round and round and attaches to the cradle..It is soo funny, I turn it on, DH and I have 15 minutes of "make out time" and when the fish go off, she screams!!!Glad we are still in that 6 week "rest" period!!!!

LE--I am gonna weigh at my next appointment...Then I will make some goals..things have shifted down to the bootie and hips..of course, I have boobies for days also...I havent put on clothes yet--just mens pj bottoms since my incision line is soo sore still..I really thought the C-Sect would be easier, but I dont know now!!!

Tech--Great to see U!!! MIL just left this morning for Birmingham..We told her she was gonna sure miss our 50-60 degree weather!!!!It was nice to have her around..She was here 2 weeks before the baby, then 2 weeks after which allowed DH and I such quality time together that we needed, since everything is sooooooooo different now!!!

BFB---How is the home hospital comming???? Take it easy!!!!

Have a great one!! My parents are comming to drive me and Kaylee for her 2 week check up...hmmm..wonder what she will weigh??? Dec 24 it was 7lbs 3oz...we shall see!!!!
RR
Old 01-03-2003, 01:48 PM   #34  
LBH

RR- I have a 2 monitors actually! Mom got one free for purchasing a certain amount at BRU and we also got the one we registered for. I can't remember the name of it, but it's not rechargable...what a great concept though! Are you already going through batteries?! Oh dear...guess we'll be living at Costco, buying batteries. Or maybe investing in some rechargables? I don't know why they don't just give me the card of ZPak. The Dr. gave me the card with the first 2 on it, but they give me a bottle with the other 4 on it. Just took one, possible she gave me a lower dose?? The pill is like half the size of the regular one! It's 250mg...never noticed what the others are. Bought some Robitussin too, because I'm coughing soo much more today.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:17 PM   #35  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all,

I've been running around like mad to get ready for company tonight. I'm not at all sure I want to have company but they're coming so I better get in the mood!! I've been so tired this week all I want to do is shut my eyes. I'll probably fall asleep during the movie we're supposed to watch!!

Lauren: I used to take Claritan but the OB won't let me take it now. All they say I can take is Sudafed or Tylenol Sinus. Yipee. They help so much. NOT!! I hope you are feeling better soon. Not having to go to work must help!! At least you won't have to drag out of bed not feeling good. I can't believe it's almost time for Petey to get here!!

LE: Yeah for packing lunch. That always helps me to do better. You may have gone over on points but at least you didn't keep on going wild.

Tech: Good to see you back. I'd probably have done a lot of rambling to avoid shoveling snow too!! Yuck. I'm glad we have a snowblower, not that it totally gets you out of shoveling.

Have a great evening.
Old 01-04-2003, 11:28 AM   #36  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!!
Well, Kaylee was started on eye drops for those runny eyes!! Also have to keep massaging the corners to keep those little tear ducts open and draining well...I bought some preemie diapers today...much better for that skinny little butt!!! She is now 7lbs 12 oz..not back at her birth weight but the MD said she is doing well but wanted her back at her birthweight at the 2 week mark..I have to go back and get her weighed again in 2 weeks to make sure I am feeding enough and things are ok in the BF dept...There were 7--2week old babies in the office...WOW...one baby was born the day after weighing the same amount and she was 9lbs 8 oz....She was soo fat and cute!!!!!The difference is formula fed babies..They gain much faster......

Karen--Hope the company situation was ok!!!Rest and take it easy today!!

Lauren--Hope U R better!!! It is miserable when U cant take anything....
Have a great day all!!!!
RR
Old 01-04-2003, 03:05 PM   #37  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good afternoon chicksters,

I went shopping for our anniversary today. The traditional gift is flowers for the fourth....hmm, DH is not terribly fond of flowers....his cappacino machine broke last night so that is what I ended up getting him. Maybe I will draw flowers on the bag.

I also went to Motherhood and picked up three more tops. MIL is taking us out for dinner tonight and I wanted something nice to wear. I need pants but I hate everything I've found. They had a set of pants/top that was OK, but I'm one size on top and another on the bottom. Guess I will have to keep shopping.

I also shopped for Alex. I have a Macy's GC left over from my birthday that I wanted to use, but I just can't do it!! I found a couple cute things, but I keep thinking it's too soon. Also, since he's not coming until the Spring I keep thinking everything is too heavy. Do I sound indecisive? I'm feeling so torn about buying stuff for him. I want to get stuff then when I get to the store I just can't do it. Did either of you have this or am I just the strangest one here?

RR: Sorry Miss K's eyes are still yucky. Hope things are OK with the BF.

OK, sorry about the book on my shopping trials and tribulations!! Hope it wasn't awfully boring!!
Old 01-04-2003, 05:45 PM   #38  
Donna

Happy Saturday All,

Met my parents to go mall walking this morning. Really didn't want to get up and go but had already made the "date". I am so out of shape!!!! Need to make this a more regular thing. The beasts really need a walk too, maybe tomorrow (wow two day's in a row ) provided it doesn't snow too bad. Did pretty well on the cutting back on wine goal... Hope I can keep it up.

We picked up a new trip planner program while we were out this morning and I've been playing with it planning out our vacation for May. My cousin is getting married in NC so we're going to take a week to get down there and play.

LBH - Hope you feel better. On the quilt front: all I can say is make sure that the seems are even, quilters mostly use 1/4 inch but if you're not hand quilting bigger is probably better for one getting lots of use. You also might want to think about the buttons as a later addition, babies tend to grab and chew on them, I'd just tie it with embroidery floss in a bright red or something and add the bottons later. But I'm not sure where you're putting it. Anyway e-mail me if you have questions I quilt all the time, in fact I need to finish my nephew's quilt.....

RR - it took me a while to figure out what you ment by BF usually that means boyfreind and I didn't think you'd dumped Refman. WW does have guidlines for BF there's at least one in the meeting I go to.

Liz - Feel free to start up the goal thread, although my goals are going to be behavior modifcations instead of pounds for a while anyway.

Karen - You crack me up, spending money on clothes has never been a problem for me! I wouldn't worry about buying for the baby unless you see somthing you love, I know my sister got lot's for baby shower and welcome home gifts, plus she bought some at a "mommy and me" sale they had at the local church, some of the stuff had never been worn!!! Plus he's so long at 5 mos he's in year stuff so you never know what to buy.

Anyway enough rambling for me...

Talk to you all later.

- Tech
Old 01-04-2003, 06:03 PM   #39  
LBH

Hi All,

I'm here, and feeling really miserable. :cry I found a bottle of Guaifenex that my Dr. gave me last time I had a sinus infection. I called the pharmacy and all it is is a stronger version of robitussin and sudafed. So I called my Dr. and they won't page her unless it's an emergency. So then I called Tina, my midwife, and she called me back pretty much right away. She said I could take it, and to get Benedryl for night time. I really need an antihisitamine to dry up the post nasal drip, but that's usually what they tell you you can't take during PG. I'm guessing because I'm 38 wks., it's OK. I don't have an Benedryl, but I may venture out in a bit to get some, I need tissues anyway. I'm just soo sick of coughing, and it's all because of the drip!

Karen- Yeah, I was like that, it took me forever to finally buy those little botties, but once I knew Petey was a Petey, I gave in!! It helped that it was summer and I wanted to take the Cape May Ferry to DE anyway!! I still try to hold back, because there's soo many cute things out there, but he's got waay too many clothes already!! I'm waiting til he's here & I see how quickly he grows!

RR- I hope Kaylee's eyes are doing better, and she's on target soon!

Going to have some pasta with Emeril's kicked up sauce...hopefully that'll help things!!
Closed Thread